[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You dense mother fuckers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1925.jpg (69KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
69KB, 480x608px
>HM's finally fucking removed
>New Pokémon look fantastic overall, great designs and lore
>Regional variants introduced
>Introduced Extradimensional aliens, designs visually distinctive from Pokémon
>Actual plot involving said aliens, two suspicious teams, great characters, alchemical God-chimera
>Region is comfy as fuck. Visually stunning. Music is GOAT.
> Z-moves adding yet another layer of mind games and complexity to battle
>Chibi-free overworld, no-more d-pad squares
>Actual Cutscenes during story moments. Not a big deal but sets a standard for future entries to be similarly visually appealing.
>Gyms replaced by trials and kahunas. Again, not the hugest deal, but some felt the old formula was getting predictable and stale.

And yet the majority reaction is

>100 new designs (if we count Lycanroc, Oricorio, and Wishiwashi as 1)
>19 of them don't count because they are regional variants, and "muh reskin" in spite of having new type, moves, stats, ability, and design inspiration.
>8 are ultra beasts and not Pokémon, despite now being confirmed catchable.
>100-27= Only 73 new Pokémon REEEEEEEEEE

Help me to understand. Is it mostly contrarian shitposting? Or is the majority of /vp/ legit whiny, autistic, entitled bitches looking for any excuse they can find to ruin these games for themselves?
>>
>>29287442
Yes it is contrarian shitposting and a few mad autists. This board is an offshoot of /v/, expect to find significant quantities of retardation.
>>
>>29287442
What was the point of making this thread?
>>
>>29287574
This.

I'm looking forward to it, and I don't want to be spoiled by the characters and story, I only wanted to see the new Pokemon.
>>
File: hes_a_bit_krabby_haha.png (106KB, 662x1342px) Image search: [Google]
hes_a_bit_krabby_haha.png
106KB, 662x1342px
Because people like to bitch. No one really wants to enjoy anything anymore. Member berries and spoilers have cucked us all into thinking that we all deserve better than what we ask for and pay for.
>>
contrarian shitposting
>>
>>29287600
Since you obviously can't fucking read

>Actual plot involving said aliens, two suspicious teams, great characters, alchemical God-chimera
>Actual Cutscenes during story moments. Not a big deal but sets a standard for future entries to be similarly visually appealing.
>Gyms replaced by trials and kahunas. Again, not the hugest deal, but some felt the old formula was getting predictable and stale.

And yet the majority reaction is

>19 of them don't count because they are regional variants, and "muh reskin" in spite of having new type, moves, stats, ability, and design inspiration.

Help OP to understand. Is it mostly contrarian shitposting? Or is the majority of /vp/ legit whiny, autistic, entitled bitches looking for any excuse they can find to ruin these games for themselves?
>>
>>29287442
>the majority of /vp/ legit whiny, autistic, entitled bitches looking for any excuse they can find to ruin these games for themselves
This
>>
>>29287626
You absolutely can. People pay for a game and then demand it match the super fake dream fantasy they built it up to be in their heads instead of realizing what they're actually buying.

They get pissy and throw a tantrum and demand the dev rebuild or add whatever elements they wanted to begin with because now that they've spent money the dev "owes them" their dream game.
>>
Gamers really love outrage culture. It's the fucking worst.

Let's be honest, all the people groaning about the new game are STILL going to buy it day 1.
>>
>>29287442
This is pathetic.

>A new mechanic, Alola forms, are all useless, shit and actually make some Pokemon WORSE
>Megas were ignored in favour of that so every single Pokemon that would have benefitted from that did not
>New Pokemon differ wildly in how well designed they are, starters are great, some are very clearly space fillers
>Some shitty place with some islands

>B-B-BUT HMs REMOVED!
Oh so that makes it a good gen? Great let me know when they drop triple and rotation battles OH WAIT
>>
>>29287442
They are rentals now so depending how that is implemented it could be worse.
subjective and wrong
Most are shit.
Sooo just pokemon that don't look like pokemon. That is neither here nor there.
Sounds similar to every other game.
Subjective but right.
Every generation before intorduced something more significant.
No Chibi is good but being forced to use a different control is bad.
Again minor upgrades this generation.
Minor upgrades. In for one like gyms better. Gyms + totems would be great.

If it doesn't have a different pokedex number it doesn't count as a different pokemon. It has always been like that.

There are good and bad things about SM. It's better than too much hype. When the game comes out people can have realistic standards.
>>
>>29287442
you got it, OP. /vp/ actually hates pokemon. it's been evident for a long time.
>>
>>29287442
>majority reaction is
It's the minority reaction. The vocal minority.
>>
>>29287442
>>100-27= Only 73 new Pokémon REEEEEEEEEE
Would you rather have 50 Pokemon that you love and 20 you don't care for, or 100 Pokemon that you love and 30 that you don't care for?

>no-more d-pad
this isn't a positive. they could have implemented a way to use the d-pad without the squares.

We're allowed to have grievances. The game is too slow, the camera angles are shit, a lot of the animations for human characters are awkward, and Z-Moves aren't interesting.
That's not to say I'm not still hyped for the games, you don't have to agree with everything Gamefreak does.
>>
>>29287442
McDonald's shakes arent thick at all. one big slurp and youre more than halfway done.
>>
>Getting baited by shitposters
>>
I hope this trail thing is only for this region only.

It's an interesting concept, and it's nice to know not every region or city follows the typical badge and league formula.
But this trial seems only for Hawaii, while New York seems like the basic badge area.
>>
>>29288296
>They are rentals now so depending how that is implemented it could be worse.
The main complaint was that HMs took up a move slot.
>subjective and wrong
shit taste
>Most are shit.
subjective and wrong
>Sooo just pokemon that don't look like pokemon. That is neither here nor there.
i can see why people don't like them
>Sounds similar to every other game.
what pokemon games have you been playing for the past 20 years?
>Subjective but right.
yes
>Every generation before intorduced something more significant.
how can you tell how significant these z moves are if you don't know their full details and implications?
>No Chibi is good but being forced to use a different control is bad.
it's a 3d game, why use 2d movement?
>Again minor upgrades this generation.
a lot of minor upgrades create a good game.
>Minor upgrades. In for one like gyms better. Gyms + totems would be great.
same thing, minor upgrades are good overall
>>
New mons look like shit, but yes to everything else.

Literally my gen 5
>>
QoL improvements, sylvally and winpod can't carry this ruined game, sorry OP. If you like what you've seen so far buy the game and enjoy it, why are you so mad that some people don't have the same mindset as you?
>>
>>29287442
Sun and Moon are shaping up to be the best generation

And now I have a thicc image.

Thank you, Anon, you are doing God's work.
>>
>>29288496
Kinda agree, I really don't like most mons but I'm not autistic about it.
>>
>>29287442

It's because everyone wants 100+ more pokemon that they won't even use over what's currently good in the meta
>>
File: Ory6XH7.png (81KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
Ory6XH7.png
81KB, 623x623px
>>
>>29287442
No new number no new pokemon. Fuck off with your lazy gen 1 rehashes. Slapping some fucking hair on a diglet and calling it a new pokemon, fucking morons.
>>
>>29287612
>>29287574
>>29287442

nice little echo chamber you got going on there you fucking loser autismos
>>
This is just like the X/Y prerelease threads.
>>
>>29289967
And SM are gonna be just like X/Y. A huge dissapointment
>>
>>29290053
Yep. Just have to wait for the hyped up kiddies to settle down in Spring.
>>
I loved sun and moon until they made litten stand up.

Now I hate it.

deal with it
>>
You know, I always assumed people called /vp/ autistic because they still played Pokémon despite being presumably 18. But now I know it's because people here are so afraid of change, they'll leap in to call a game shit despite it not even being out yet, and call people who don't feel the same way "cocksuckers" and "shills".
>>
>>29290174
So basically /v/?
>>
>>29287442
>New Pokémon look fantastic overall
I'll have 2 of whatever you've been smoking
>>
>>29287442
>Region is comfy as fuck
Enjoy the invisible walls preventing you to actually explore that region.
>Z-moves adding yet another layer of mind games and complexity to battle
You mean overpowered giga impacts? Yeah, such complexity.
>Actual Cutscenes
Because these aren't shit or anything. Played the demo yet?
>And yet the majority reaction is
Implying you can wishiwashi away facts you don't like to make your argument. Faggot.
>>
>>29287442
HM's had been fixed already in Gen 5/6 by not making them compulsory to progress in the game (with only a few exceptions) so nothing really changed here.
That's your opinion. Your opinions are not facts. Alright?
They only made 19 variants of only Kanto pokemon (wew), most of them look like shit, and all of them have shit typings. So exciting amirite?
This is pokemon. If you are unironically expecting a decent plot you're retarded.
Yet the game still runs like shit, even on the N3DS
>Z-moves adding yet another layer of mind games and complexity to battle
lmao. If you are talking about competitive (because there aren't complex battles in the game), almost no pokemon wants to sacrifice an item slot for a move they can only use once. Z-Moves will be barely seen in competitive formats.
While I agree that this is a good thing, it's still just an opinion.
We had that in Gen 6 already.
If the demo is an indicator of anything, the trials will have us doing dumb shit and they'll hold our hands the whole time.

Why are people defending these games? Is it mostly contrarian shitposting?
>>
>>29287442
>Is it mostly contrarian shitposting? Or is the majority of /vp/ legit whiny, autistic, entitled bitches looking for any excuse they can find to ruin these games for themselves?
Can't be both? Don't underestimate /vp/ ability to suck badly.
>>
>>29290830
>lmao. If you are talking about competitive (because there aren't complex battles in the game), almost no pokemon wants to sacrifice an item slot for a move they can only use once. Z-Moves will be barely seen in competitive formats.
Z-moves properly done will be a free OHKO, people WILL easily trade an item slot for the power to get rid of one of the enemy's pokemon.
>>
File: 1472162853272.jpg (46KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
1472162853272.jpg
46KB, 421x427px
>>29288422
Sounds like you have a decent amount of experience slurping things, huh.
>>
Depends on which ones you're talking about. A lot of them look really decent, some of them are acceptable, and a few are fantastico. A large portion of them, however, either look like crazy horseshit outright or have some glaring flaw about them that muddles an otherwise good design or concept.
I agree that most of the game itself looks neat, and it should still be fun, but having to ignore or "tolerate" a nice big portion of the new mons or forms sorta detracts from the experience. It's fortunate that they are only including a minority of new creatures, because it seems they upped the proportion of disappointment this gen, compared to some previous gens where there are more boring pokemon that are easier to swallow.
>>
>>29287442
>looking for any excuse they can find to ruin these games for themselves?
The sad part is the "for themselves". Seems like some people try really hard to ruin their own enjoyment while others will be having fun despite all the incredibly logical arguments they think they are able to come up with.
>>
>HM puzzles removed
>new pokemon look like shit
>regional variants are recolors and shit typing
>aliens look like shit, my mom's electrical cord
>shitty ukulele music
>more mega-esque hold item horseshit to unbalance the game
>no more d-pad, lags like shit even with no 3d
>cutscenes for shit graphics and low framerates
>gyms replaced with totally not gyms
>>
73 new pokemon just isn't enough. Like someone said earlier, in any given pokemon game, you're not going to be in love with every design, but the more their are, the higher chance that there will be new mons for you to use. Anyone defending getting less pokemon when gens 1, 3, and 5 had enough new mons for everyone is a shill. Plus the starter final evos all suck imo.
>>
TASTE IS SUBJECTIVE FOR GOD SAKE... I'll surely love this game, and you can hate whatevah you want and leave this board. thanks
>>
>>29291427
your taste is objectively shit
thanks
>>
>>29288057
Only 10% are shitposting. We know this.
>>
>>29291427
>whatevah

Found the literal 15 year old. Mods do your job.
>>
>>29291468
another genius
>>
>>29287442
While I'm sure many people are legitimately upset due to the subjective nature of it all, I'm sure at least half the threads are shitposters.
>>
>>29291427
god help us
>>
>>29291504
The ones who whine for mods every waking day are the true underage.
>>
I miss the dpad support found it easier to move around with then the joystick (thumb somehow slips off and gets uncomfortable after a few hours)
>>
>>29287442
Im legit hype for the game, but can understand the criticism

This is fine on its own, but I fear it will lead to gimmick routes like the ones in XY.
Yep, Wimpod2 alone makes up for any other shortcomings.
A cool idea, but genwun only and rather meh designs after the first few revealed lets this down a lot.
Cool idea, but disappointing if they end up being used just the same as normal pokemon (would have liked something broken enough to be a challenge as a solo boss)
Could be cool, we dont know the full details yet, it could end up feeling as phoned in as XY, which had a bunch of story ideas but did very little with them.
True enough, though hopefully the routes dont feel as much like glorified setpieces as what the demo showed, routes have felt less 'explorable' with each generation since 5, so its something i'm wary of.
Depends on some of the exact mechanics, doesnt add to much to the battle system though.
Nice, just wish little details like sitting on benches hadn't been cut and that the D-pad had SOME use outside of menus.
This is a slippery slope, if cutscenes are as common in the actual game as in this demo, than it will drag the whole game down for sure.
Hopefully the rest of the trials dont suck.
>>
80 would have been good as a number of new Pokemon for me, if we got like, at least 4 lines of Alolan Pokemon from at least each of the past 5 generations.

Instead we got like 10 lines of Alolan Pokemon, which, although not bad, were pretty much all already released so wtf is the point of even going through the story and trying to find them anymore? May as well just give us postgame from the getgo.
>>
>>29291780
>were pretty much all already released so wtf is the point of even going through the story and trying to find them anymore
Here's the problem I've noticed with a lot of peoples complaints, they already have seen everything. Than maybe people shouldn't have looked at the leaked information. Than you would have went in spoiler free and with greater expectations.
>>
>>29291943
The problem is, and ORAS had a similar issue, if you left /vp/ and the internet before the demo to avoid datamining, even when you get the final game, the amount of surprises would be very low since almost all the pokemon were revealed before the game came out through official means / advertising.
>>
>>29291943

Actually, I still have no clue what most of the Pokemon look like, so I'll be relatively happy playing through the game if I don't crack later on through the month or just accidentally look at something.

But just to see how much they teased the Alolan forms and see how many there are? I actually like the Alolan forms, but there's like nothing to explore. They already officially unveiled all except like 4 Pokemon. w/e I'll get over it and buy the game
>>
>>29291306
>anyone with a different opinion is a shill
I agree with the rest of your post, but fuck off back to /v/. There's no need for shills when the majority of this board will be buying the new game anyways.
>>
>>29287442
To be fair, one of the largest draws to pokemon for a lot of gamers is the huge level of customizability and replay value that comes along with having such a huge variety of mons.

A smaller number of pokemon means a smaller number of possibilities. Combine that with the huge proportion of shit mons in the newest gen (my opinion, and likely shared by a lot of people, based on reactions) and number is reduced even further. Combine that combination with the fact that typical usage is final stages of evolutionary lines. Considering that people usually want to play with pokemon they like, lot of people feel like, because of these, they're shoehorned into having a very tiny selection of potential parties (for me there's really only 9 new pokemon that are tolerable in the dex).

tl;dr: the frustration is because there's no effective variety.
>>
>>29287442
They were never that much of a hassle to begin with. People would appreciate them much more if they just expanded the whole ride thing to every Pokemon you use an HM with.

Subjective. And in my subjective analysis, most of them look like dogshit. The lore doesn't save their design.

And yet they're catchable, which means they're Pokemon. We've had aliens before in the form of Arceus & the creation trio, this shit ain't new.

We don't know anything about the plot. Knowing Pokemon plots, it'll end up as wasted potential like BW or just plain shit.

>Region is comfy as fuck. Visually stunning
Who gives a shit if you're playing the game at 5FPS?

>Music is GOAT.
Debatable. I only liked one OST from the demo, and from the trailers only Gladion's theme has stuck with me.

No, they're a shitty fucking gimmick. People will be complaining about them when Gen 8 comes out just like they did with megas. You're in fucking denial if you think this is a good mechanic.

>Chibi-free overworld
>Actual Cutscenes during story moments
Legitimate improvements.

Another legitimate improvement, but if all the trials are like the one in the demo, then they're piss-easy baby shit and I want my gyms back.

>19 of them don't count because they are regional variants, and "muh reskin"
They're clearly genwun pandering and, not only that, most of them ruined solid designs

The games are a disappointment to some people, get over it.
>>
>>29291943
You can't even blame the leaks in this case, they've already shown off most of their pokemon before this officially.
>>
>>29287442
Good
Subjective, but I mostly agree
Good
Fucking stupid considering we can catch them. Should've just been legendaries.
Again, stupid plot device.
Subjective.
Stupid gimmick.
This is good.
Subjective.
Subjective.

Quit lapping up shit. I'm excited for the new games too but you're a fag.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.