[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick Survey Results

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: Party Comps.jpg (356KB, 1580x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Party Comps.jpg
356KB, 1580x1204px
Seeing as there were a bunch of "post your team" threads, I decided to go through and collect a quick picture of what pokemon were most popular of the new bunch.

- Wimpod's family is the undisputed favourite pokemon to go on teams for the main game.
- Salandit's family takes second place, like Wimpod taking a place above the starters.
- Third place taken by Rowlet's family, who also takes the title as the most popular of the three starters.
- Lycanroc's Sun form takes fifth place, being the most popular of the two formes. If Lycanroc's Sun and Moon forms were considered as one pokemon, it would actually be the second most popular pokemon above Salandit's evo.
- Lurantis was well recieved enough to take the spot as chosen grass type on most teams, which might surprise some people.
- Not listed is Pallosand in 11th place, which might also be unexpected.
- Oricorio was not very popular overall, even with all formes combined, but of the four the Sensu style was the clear favourite.
- Alolan forms are well recieved, with A-Ninetails and A-Raichu being stand out picks and could be placed just below the popularity of Mimikyu in 9th place. Some forms, however, such as Golem and Raticate were rarely chosen.
- Unsurprisingly, the least popular pokemon families were small, single-stage mons.

A real, measured survey might provide more accurate data than this, which didn't cut out possible duplicate submissions and ignored anything listed that wasn't a clear cut team of six (i.e. two teams for versions, undecided 6th slots). However, it provides a clear picture of what pokemon got everyone's attention.
>>
>>29287410
kys
>>
File: really.png (257KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
257KB, 400x400px
>>29287410
>29287410
>>
>>29287410

Gamefreak would care alot, desu.

By the way you have to be above the age of 18 to post here.
>>
>>29287372
I really, REALLY want that Mimikyu be at least usable offensive stats. That free Substitute is too good for a shitmon.

>>29287410
Hold yours tits Anon, it was just a survey.
>>
>>29287491
Luckily it has a god tier typing and potential to be a real annoyance. Hope the little guy is at least around UU, favorite gen 7 mon.
>>
>>29287567
There's apparently a Mimikyu Totem. Since Mimikyu shows up mid game, it has to have something that it's sleeping on.
>>
>>29287491

I would be very surprised if Mimikyu was offensively strong because it's entire concept, typing and ability suggests it's going to be an annoying debuffer.

Doesn't really hurt its offensive power though, if it can learn Foul Play then you can combine that with Swagger and Will-o-wisp and still hit hard, and Swagger synergises well since Disguise will allow you to tank a boosted attack for free. Similarly if it gets something like Nasty Plot then you get a free turn to boost yourself.

It sounds like a Pokemon with lots of options, and you know it will have Electric moves too so it should have a fun movepool.
>>
Cool post. I dig how all of my team is here in some way or form, lol. Raichu and Oricorio (Sensu) and then the other 4 are in the most popular ones.
>>
I knew Wimpod2 would be this gen's Volcarona when I first saw it (in that Volcarona always dominates the Gen 5 slot in "post your favorite from each gen" threads).
>>
>>29287372

Your autism exceeds even my own

Of course I want to see more especially where my fav sleeper pick Mudsdale ended up
>>
>>29287642
It has potential to hit decently as a free stat boosting move might help it. Decoy and ghost/fairy have it looking pretty good but I worry it'll have complete shit stats. My guess is it'll be more of a annoying little shit to fight, something like trickster sableye.
>>
>>29287372
Nice work OP. That kind of analysis probably took hard work and provides interesting data, and i love it. Wimpod evo not surprised as favorite. Also thought my bro silvally would be more popular
>>
>>29287720

Mudsdale's about 19th, below Turtonator and above Bewear.

Honestly though, having a strong mon with an interesting typing that's not overused is a blessing.
>>
I have a feeling that the results will change somewhat when we know all the types, stats etc of the pokemon. Everything popular is something we've already seen in some capacity, be it a pre-evo or full reveal, which gives us something to go on.

For example, that diving spider looks pretty cool, as does the coral thing, the anchor, etc.

Also doesn't bring in to account non-new Pokemon, it'd be nice to see which old favourites are looking popular. I for one think a fair few people will use Snorlax, and maybe a lean towards Greninja, due to their free availability.
>>
>>29287796
I was wondering about those 3, as I plan on using them
>>
>>29287372
That's really nice and show us that even the least popular starter was in 26% of the team, meaning the starters are more or less well recieved on /vp/ and most people who hate all three are a vocal minority.

Good job OP!

>>29287410
>>29287410
His autism is better than yours.
>>
>>29287730
>inb4 400 BST
>>
Hey OP, just curious, but how popular was Passimian?
>>
>>29287796
Make a list of all evolved mons places, would love to see all the info gathered.
>>
File: 1452804308749.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452804308749.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>/vp/ having a meltdown because they're convinced that pokemon he havent seen are bad
>meanwhile 2 of 3 of the top are pokemon we havent seen yet
>all of the least popular are ones we have seen
>>
>>29287372
Also, it would be interesting to see how these trends change after we find out stats and movepools.
>>
File: List.jpg (111KB, 439x614px) Image search: [Google]
List.jpg
111KB, 439x614px
>>29287913

Here's the rest below 10th, though I forgot some of the names so forgive the terrible placeholders.

Slightly unreliable though as it counts all mons in the same family so if suddenly 15 people decided to run Eviolite Crabrawler it won't tell you here - instead both it and its evo is considered in the same line.

I'd wait the actual data to come out for an actual poll to be held and it might change some things, I was only looking for a general trend.
>>
>>29287372
>tfw your team is unintentionally the top 6
>>
File: 1309759518756.png (5KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1309759518756.png
5KB, 274x242px
>>29287372
>mfw planned to use 5 of the top 6 favorites

Always knew I had top tier taste.
>>
>>29287372
No passimian in the top 10? What a shame.
>>
File: 57667506_p0.png (383KB, 1012x900px) Image search: [Google]
57667506_p0.png
383KB, 1012x900px
>>29287372
Actually a really cool thing to do. The results don't surprise me all that much, either.

Thanks OP.
>>
>>29287372
How many other people were planning to use based Wimpod before the evo was leaked? I'm so glad it's geeting the love it deserves. Hopefully it gets good merch.
>>
>>29290093
Harambe memes died a while back
>>
File: 1474382462751.png (525KB, 765x887px) Image search: [Google]
1474382462751.png
525KB, 765x887px
>>29290292
Who?
>>
>>29287372
God that fish is so fucking hated. I love it. I hope it's got OU level stats and movepool.

Going to raise one up named Razzle, so bravest bird will have to deal with my Razzle's Dazzle.

Rest of my team is the in the top 10. Feels good.
>>
File: fire.png (30KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
30KB, 246x200px
>>29287410
>>
>>29287372
4 of my team are in the top ten. I'll probably use snowcrab too and Silvally if I can get him, so..

wimpod evo,
kommo-o
lycanroc(sun)
vikavolt

and those two.
>>
I like Wimpod Evo but seeing as it is top choice, I might go with one of the other bugs, so they get some more love :] otherwise I'd feel kinda bad for them.
Mr. Anchor and Passimian not being up that high pleases me, same with Mrs. Sea Urchin. Means I can live out my hipster fantasies :^)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.