[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We recently played a bit of the full game under Nintendo’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

>We recently played a bit of the full game under Nintendo’s supervision, and the Pokémon on the left made an appearance alongside Lillie, one of Professor Kakui’s young charges. All we know about it is that it says “Pewpy” a lot.

Is this new information about this little guy?
>>
What if they aren't even new Pokemon What if these are inactive forms of Solgaleo and Luunala, like Xerneas had the form of a tree?
>>
>>29283597
They're probably like the incomplete Zygarde forms.
>>
>>29283597
That's the going theory, anon. To that effect the little dark Pokemon is assumed to be Marshadows equivalent of the sealed firm
>>
>>29283597
Why does Lillie have it?
>>
>>29283560
Inb4 Solgeo and Lunala are just UBs.
>>
>They aren't really Pokemon, just like Xerneas' tree

Yeah, I remember how the tree had a dex preview sprite and a team preview sprite.

They're pre-evolutions, with a split final between Lunala and Solgaleo. Any other theory is just denial.
>>
>>29283676
The little dark one comes directly after Magearna in the data. It has the same face as Magearna: both have a round humanoid face with a widow's peak, red vertical oval eyes, and a tiny mouth in the middle that's level with the bottom of their eyes. Magearna is basically a robot body being driven by the "Soul Heart". In the movie it shows that you can take the Soul Heart out, and the robot body becomes a lifeless husk. Then you can plug the Soul Heart into a big-ass flying fortress with a giant gun, but the same consciousness that was in Magearna can resist your commands if you try to use that fortress to hurt its friends, unless you mind-control it. Then you can take the Soul Heart out and plug it back into the robot body, and it starts working again just fine, but now it has PTSD because you just used it as a power source for a weapon to hurt its friends. The Soul Heart contains some sort of spirit creature that was created by absorbing the life forces of a lot of living things, but it has developed a personality and a mind of its own. It can be transferred between bodies and has a persistent consciousness. Magearna's actual physical robot body is superfluous and not necessary for that creature to exist. I'm pretty sure that creature is the little dark guy that comes after Magearna in the Pokedex, it's just released from its confinement in the Soul Heart. And, if that Pokemon is Marshadow like a lot of people are speculating, it would even share the same first two letters of its name with Magearna.
>>
File: 1350157505996.jpg (405KB, 1268x709px) Image search: [Google]
1350157505996.jpg
405KB, 1268x709px
>>29283560
But wait. Nintendo only allows people to play Sun, that way people who played it can't compare any story differences between versions. I thought the one on the right was Solgaleo, but the left one shows up?
>>
File: IMG_8650.jpg (57KB, 704x631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8650.jpg
57KB, 704x631px
>>29285452
>>
>>29285530
But why?
>>
File: prevos.png (65KB, 503x437px) Image search: [Google]
prevos.png
65KB, 503x437px
>>29285530
wait why would the one that looks like lunala evolve into the one that looks like solgaleo?
wouldnt it make more sense for the cloud one to evolve into lunala and the sun one to evolve into solgaleo?
>>
>>29285740
How would that make more sense?

The dex goes Cloud -> Cocoon -> Solgaleo -> Lunala
So the prevailing theory is that Cloud evolves into Cocoon and Cocoon evoles into either Solgaleo or Lunala.
Personally I can't see how either of the pre-evos look more like Solgaleo or Lunala, to me they look like one evolves into the other.
>>
>>29285740
The moon is not clouds
>>
>>29286430
It doesn't. People just cant/dont want to accept it's a 3 stage line.
>>
>>29286430
The sun marble is basically just Solgaleo's face. If you look at the non-sprite images of Solgaleo, it even has the same starry sky inside. It doesn't look much like Lunala. Meanwhile the cloud guy has Lunala's color scheme, but nothing in common with Solgaleo. I wouldn't mind if it's a 3-stage evo, but I don't think it's the prevailing theory and I don't think it's necessarily a conclusion you can draw from those images.

I think it's more likely that, instead of pre-evolutions, they're completely separate, less-powerful beings that serve the same purpose as the version legends, but in the opposing version. So, the cloud puff serves as the nighttime legend in Sun, where Solgaleo's power reigns supreme, and the sun marble serves as the daytime legend in Moon, where Lunala is dominant. So, with the Pokedex order being puff, marble, Solgaleo, Lunala, Sun players get the first one of both the [puff, marble] and [solgaleo, lunala] pairs, and Moon players get the second from each pair. That's also why in the demo, which is Sun version, you see the cloud puff one.

Again, I wouldn't MIND if they were a three-stage evolutionary line, but I would just question why. Legendaries have never evolved before. They could be trying to shake things up and break that rule, and if so, cool, I'm down with that. They'd probably have some story justification for it. But speaking from a logistical standpoint, the trigger for their evolution is not going to be something the player has control over, like level. It's going to be something story-related. But why would it need to evolve twice? I could see a story purpose existing for one depowered version of a legendary Pokemon evolving into a fully-powered one to meet some threat. I can't really imagine a story purpose for one depowered version of a legendary Pokemon to evolve into another, slightly-more-powerful-but-still-depowered version of a legendary Pokemon.
>>
File: 1469180577231.jpg (55KB, 1136x243px) Image search: [Google]
1469180577231.jpg
55KB, 1136x243px
>Reminder: this >>29285530 is the only truth

(ps: thanks for use my image, anon)
>>
>>29288362
Really? The cocoon has nothing in common with Lunala's wings?

It's cloud -> cacoon -> Lunala/Solgaleo.
>>
Guys guys guys

What is Solgaleo is male only, lunala is female only and their offspring is Marshadow??

Guys!
>>
>>29288470
I understand your theory, thank you. The "cacoon" looks a bit like Lunala's wings, but only because they're gold arcs. The puff one has some gold arcs on it, too, but is predominantly night-sky-colored, just like Lunala. Solgaleo doesn't really have those colors at all. Again, I could see it happening, and I wouldn't mind if it were the case, but I think saying that it's the prevailing theory is a little preemptive. You didn't address why that would be the case at all. One evolution from strong to weak could make sense, but an evolution from weak to slightly less weak to strong is hard to find a story justification for.
>>
>>29288974
I'll spell it out for you.

Clouds. Wispy, vaporous. Uncontained. Energy and power leaks out into environment. Wasted potential.

It evolves and becomes contained. The golden cage contains its power, allowing it to collect and gather. It's not strong, yet. But it's able to actually charge and has a single, coalesced form now.

It evolves depending on the influence of either the sun or the moon. Its power has finally reached a reactive point and explodes into a very powerful form. Therefore, you get either Solgaleo or Lunala.
>>
>>29285452
Once again: why the crap would the star Pokémon, the one that can only be seen at night, be associated with the sun? The cloud Pokémon, the one that can only be seen at day, makes far more sense!
>>
>>29289529
>what the crap
Nexus ?
>>
>>29283560
Its the same as zygrade cores. But no final split forms but split evos.
>>
>>29284467
Kek what the fuck is this. So many pastas lately.
>>
>>29288362
The cocoon is just practically Solgaleo and Lunala's head, the body parts are just extensions when they evolve from how I see it. You can see the eye color of the legendaries inside the little guy in the cocoon.

This is my speculation: it probably evolves when it gets more of the cosmic powers of either the sun or the moon (depending on version), or maybe some stone or shit. The cocoon is probably a stable powerful energy in equilibrium. If the balance tips to the other side, then voila, you get Solgaleo or Lunala.
>>
>>29289252
Thank you for trying to spell it out for me, but what you gave was a physical reason why the evolution could occur, when I was trying to address the story reason why that evolution would need to occur. I'm not sure you understand, so let me explain again.

If the Legendaries DO evolve, they are not going to evolve by level, or happiness, or trading, or items you can buy in a store, or anything else that you, the player, have control over. If there's going to be any plot involving these legendaries at all, they need to be able to control their evolution with the story. In order to make that happen, something in the story has to trigger that evolution. Maybe it's a specific event, or maybe an item you get after an important battle, with something preventing you from progressing until you've used it, whatever. It has to be important at each point in that story for the evolving legendary to be at the evolutionary stage it is at right now, and no other one.

Legendaries are very powerful. If this thing does evolve, then the thing it evolves from is not very powerful by comparison. I could see any number of story reasons for a thing that was weak to become strong to face a challenge. Maybe its power was sealed away, or sleeping, or part of a cyclical pattern, whatever. If they were going to break their long-standing rule of legendaries not evolving, the story part where that happens needs to be big and important. I don't understand why, from a story perspective, they would ruin the first instance of such a groundbreaking event by having a not-powerful thing turn into a different not-powerful thing, like how you're suggesting cloudpuff becomes sunmarble. I'm not saying no legendary will never evolve, I'm saying that if they do, I don't see any reason why they would evolve more than once. Since the Pokedex order suggests that they don't do that, I suspect it's more likely that they're related, but not by evolution at all.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.