[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S&M WAS SUPPOSED TO SAVE POKEMON IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: 1447421548474.jpg (88KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1447421548474.jpg
88KB, 633x758px
S&M WAS SUPPOSED TO SAVE POKEMON

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD! BUT INSTEAD WE GOT BLUE GARFIEF, FURBAIT STARTERS, NO NEW MEGAS, AND BARELY ANY POKEMON THAT EVOLVE!!

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!!

What the fuck happened...

WHY??!
>>
>>29282332
>furbait starters
Stopped reading here
>>
File: what did he mean by this.gif (34KB, 181x222px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by this.gif
34KB, 181x222px
>s/m was supposed to save the biggest game franchise on the planet
>>
>>29282332
Megas can always be put in future games or gens. Let zmoves have some spotlight.
>>
>>29282434
Z moves are a retarded gimmick, fag
>>
like 10% of the threads on /vp/ right now are yours
are you proud
>>
>>29282434
tbqh, the sign of a dying franchise is adding new stuff without paying mind to older stuff and letting it rot. You see it all the time in book series where older characters get no development and new characters are introduced to add novelty. You see it in movies where later films make the plot more convoluted and forget about old character threads. And you see it in games, where sequels introduce a new gimmick and forget to build on what made the games great in the first place.

Last gen I had a feeling, but this gen I'm sure of it. Pokemon is dying. This gen is when it jumps the shark for good.
>>
>>29282498
reminder to filter any/all pepe or wojack images to improve your browsing experience 10x
>>
>>29282332

Alola formes only for gen 1 mons hurts the most imo

starters are also hideous desu but i still think these games could be the best yet.

If the region is beautiful enough it could save the games. Also the story with UBs looks interesting desu
>>
>>29282332
>Implying megas saved Pokemon instead of making it worse
>>
>>29282408
Second biggest, but the point stands
>>
>>29282515
No. Just no to all of that. You're actually retarded if you think Pokemon is dying lmao
>>
>>29282408
>sales = quality
I guess I should get into League of Legends then.
>>
File: 1472647975045.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1472647975045.png
123KB, 785x757px
How about we discuss this after you taste my homemade knuckle sandwich
>>
>>29282575
>No, just no lmao no
nice argument

pic related it's where you are
>>
File: 8907359873.gif (976KB, 252x198px) Image search: [Google]
8907359873.gif
976KB, 252x198px
>>29282332
>NO NEW MEGAS
>>
>>29282585
pokemon didnt need saving
if you think your opinions and having your personal wishlist come true would "save" a franchise that has done perfectly well for 20 years and probably carry on for another 20, you're beyond delusional
>>
>>29282515
But the new stuff is all anout remembering the old stuff. Megas for old mons, alolan form for old mons, z-move for old mons.
>>
>>29282616
You don't deserve an argument. You only seemed to understand a few of the words I said there anyway.
>>
>>29282515
>Pokémon dying before it hits 1000.
>Pokemon dying at all.
It must be so nice to live with a world view wherein companies hate money and will not exploit the trust of others to continue to make money.
>>
>>29282684
Pokemon dying doesn't mean it stops being made. There are lots of franchises that are dead, but still get dragged out every few years for another trite cash-in sequel. That's what Pokemon is becoming. It's losing its spark, its drive to innovate. Some might say it's already lost it.

I have no doubt Nintendo will continue to drag around the corpse of Pokemon, and get it to dance around for money, but anyone with a brain can see it's dead.
>>
>>29282585
quality of things that sell wildly never goes up
only when forced to confront low sales and bad reception do things improve
pokemon stopped being made with love many generations ago
>>
>>29282858
this

Pokemon has been shit for a while, this game is just a symptom of a larger disease: complacency.
>>
>>29282479

>Move that can easily have more than a 150 base power, and can be both physical and special = retarded gimmick.

Z moves are gonna be useful, but aren't going the centralize the game around them like megas did.
>>
How does the world's biggest handheld franchise need "saving", exactly? Sun/Moon will no-doubt join the tiny list of 3DS games that sold an eight-digit number globally.
>>
>>29283132
>muh sales
It's not dying in terms of units sold, it's dying in terms of creative drive, originality, and innovation. It has all the telltale signs of a series that's past its peak. It will continue to sell like hotcakes but let's face it, every new game is just a rehashed cash grab sequel, with some new novelty trinket to keep fanboys coming back.

honestly, /vp/ needs to be deleted. The franchise it discusses is dead now.
>>
File: 1426034881730.png (340KB, 717x800px) Image search: [Google]
1426034881730.png
340KB, 717x800px
>>29282332
>>
>>29282848
No they still make good designs. And they have made stupid designs people haven't liked since gen 1. They have tried things to innovate and iterate not that some fans either cared about or decided they didn't like and it was like pulling teeth to try. I'll say they made misfires and lacked on the execution and content with something's but saying it's dead is extremely pessimistic.
>>
>>29283576
Except they cannot win. They release a lot of new Pokémon and wall off the old mons people jump at them for not letting them use their old favourites. They try to draw attention to old ones? Pandering. They try simplistic designs? Not enough different or kiddy designs. They go over the top? Edgy, over designed tripe. I'm not saying they have not made a lot of errors since they have. And I know full well the ones saying one thing aren't the ones saying the opposite but sometimes the fan base can be a bit entitled and they are not going to please everyone because of that
>>
>>29283651
When was the last time Game Freak innovated, and made a good, substantial, new feature, and then actually kept it in the following generations and built on it?

I'll wait.
>>
>>29283893
Pokémon Amie.
Snappy Online infrastructure.
>>
>>29282332
>no new megas
>implying that's bad

Fuck megas
Regional forms > megas

Megas are like some digimom shit
>>
>>29283893
Abilities, Fairy type, Megas (they may not have unveiled new ones for Sun and Moon but they are obviously iterating on it as they made nerfs to M-Kang and they are a feature that can be added to during a generation). Alolan forms were a good concept and they could add to it and improve their executions. Since that is Game Freak's main problem their shoddy execution.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3MB, 3685x2400px) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3MB, 3685x2400px
>>29282332
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>29283997
>Poke the touch screen and we make the model say "tee hee" is a substantial feature in an RPG

c'mon, be honest here. You can't think of anything. The last time they did it was with abilities. Gen 4 was the start of a long, painful downturn for Pokemon.
>>
>>29282332
These starters are awesome.

I admit I hated them until they were official. Then once I knew they were Gamefreak approved I loved them. Actually I saw the 3d models and shinies and like most other pokemon this gen their 3d models look way better
>>
>>29284137
Looks like Gen 7. Go back to the future before you get caught Phil.
>>
>>29284140
Oh thank you for the reminder. Gen 4 when they rebalanced how moves work allowing all types to be either special or physical. Add that to the list.
>>
Pokemon didnt need saving lol
>>
>>29284221
That's not a new feature, that's just making a change to an old one. It's a good thing but it's not innovation.
>>
>>29284203
>I admit I hated them until they were official. Then once I knew they were Gamefreak approved I loved them

So you admit you love anything that's made by Game Freak, even if it's terrible? Well, at least you're honest.
>>
>>29282498
>W-Why isn't everyone agreeing with me? T-They must be samefagging!
Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>29284295

Read the spoiler. The 3d models saved them. I've felt this way about a lot of pokemon this gen.
>>
>>29283893
Physical/Special rework, Held items, abilities, megas, formes
>>
>>29282332

>29279785
I agree.

>I noticed in the demo that the music and sound effects are bad and not fun to listen to :(
>Litten evos are shit, and half of new Pokemon designs are questionable
>Ultra Beasts are ugly and killed my hype
>Boring rival
>Z moves...are just silly and look retarded
>>
>>29284265
Ok you are right that was more of an iteration than an innovation. But there is something to be said for taking the iterative approach. I mean yes a game series needs to innovate but too much innovation is also a bad thing. Half of Sonic's problems and also Nintendo's consoles problems were caused by trying to reinvent the wheel.
>>
File: Mechapede.png (794KB, 600x865px) Image search: [Google]
Mechapede.png
794KB, 600x865px
>>29284137
Actually at this point I'd say YW has a more consistent design.
These new pokemon are all over the place. If I saw the recently leaked dex and were told to remove those I thought were fake I'd probably start asking if any of them were real.
>>
>>29282408
Save or not, it's an underwhelming 20th anniversary title whose saving grace is either going to be story or production values. Both which are more the exception than the rule for GameFreak.
>>
>>29282332
Don't play then.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.