[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are /vp/oreons who stopped coming here before the demo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: 1435367858288.jpg (66KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1435367858288.jpg
66KB, 482x427px
>there are /vp/oreons who stopped coming here before the demo datamine and will successfully stay away from video game related websites until after they play the game
>a good chunk will go in expecting 100+ new mons not counting Ultra Beasts and 25+ Alolan Forms
>some of them probably have Pikipek or Komala as their bro, excited to see what they evolve into
God, I feel so bad for them. But at the same time I envy their ignorant bliss.
>>
>>29281569
I am very confused about all of these leaks. Someone please explain to me why everyone is mad.
>>
File: vp.jpg (18KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
vp.jpg
18KB, 520x390px
>>29281604
It's really simple...
>>
>>29281604
People thought we'd get 120+ new pokemon because they're retarded
In reality we got 81, 99 if you count alolan forms
>>
>>29281644
The fuck, why is that bad? Didn't we get like 70 with XY?
>>
>>29281604
>my moms toucan
>gardfield
>wig on earth dick
>terrorist golem
>few mons
>lots of 1 stage shitmons
>Aero Ass is +110 BST mega
>>
File: Z7xpYUJ.jpg (47KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
Z7xpYUJ.jpg
47KB, 500x352px
>>29281604
They were too hyped
>>
>>29281666
Yes.
People let the hype get to them too much, and failed to remember gamefreak officially said they wanted to reduce amount of new pokemon, 100 new pokemon was always the maximum we were getting.

Beyond that, it becomes subjective, some people also hate the designs like >>29281681
While others like myself like a good 95% of them
>>
>>29281604
>>29281644
Pretty much this. While I am a bit mad about the lack of pokemon, the leaks didn't really reveal any major thing that we didn't know before, but /vp/ suddenly acts like all the designs are shit and they always hated the games.
>>
>>29281666
>XY
Comparing anything with XY should be a crime
>>
>>29281720
I dunno, it's the first Pokemon game that I played since Ruby and I really enjoyed it. I'm just a casual fag though
>>
>>29281718
its /vp/, its probably mostly our usual shitposters, with a few people honestly upset mixed in.
Doesn't help that the leaks were confirmed true so "lol leakfags btfo" threads had to move onto this.
>>
>>29281753
well I have high hopes you stop breathing soon.
>>
>>29281644
Mate, literally a third of the new pokemon are legendaries. This shit is unacceptable. It's not only a small as a fuck gen, but it has the largest amount of legendaries of any gen. This shit is stupid.
>>
>>29281848
So? I love legendary hunting, and I like enough of the new pokemon I've already got a good 4 playthroughs worth of teams almost entirely made up new pokemon.
>>
File: hoo shit nigga.jpg (51KB, 540x732px) Image search: [Google]
hoo shit nigga.jpg
51KB, 540x732px
>>29281569
Don't weep for them. Its the shitty future they chose.

>>29281604
Very few pokemon, alolan forms are few as fuck too, pikipek's final evo is the least creative/distinct pokemon in the series (its my aunt's toucan), and the only really good thing to stand out was Wimpod's final evo and the "no more HMs" thing.
>>
>>29281619
>>29281644
Spot the shills
>>
>>29281716
>While others like myself like a good 95% of them
Someone wrote this exact same thing when XY came out. Honestly, you'd like anything gamefreak makes you asskisser.
>>
>>29281569
>Bitching about a low number of new pokemon when we're approaching/exceeding 800 total at this point.

The pokemon games have an *incredibly* robust roster of monster at this point, and that's not even accounting for all the various forms, be they simply cosmetic or stuff like Meloetta, Kami Trio, Megas or Alola forms. We're getting to a point where cranking out 100+ new pokemon each gen will eventually make the franchise buckle under the weight. Completing the national dex will become such a chore for new players that they may never seen some of the already existing monsters that aren't native to whatever game they're playing. It'll also lead to scraping the bottom of the barrel a lot faster if they try to crank out a bunch of new monsters every gen. You'll end up with some shitty ones that were cranked out in a rush to satisfy a number requirement and end up being useless or just plain unlikable, as well as having gamefreak use up some good pokemon concepts on said mons. Would you really want to get that long asked for dolphin pokemon if it meant that it was part of a design sweatshop and didn't get enough time devoted to designing it so it comes out hideous and has terrible stats/typing?

As is, I think they're headed in the right direction. Start giving us regional forms of older pokemon (not just Kanto going forward though, obviously) with a smaller handful of monsters that have a lot of flavor and fill in the dex with older pokemon for familiarity. The Alola pokemon are very nice and fitting to the setting (Comfey is a lei, a sandcastle pokemon, a school of fish, a toucan, etc.) and have nice designs with some fun/unique type combos and a range from cutesy pokemon to badass pokemon. Toss in the updated versions of some classic Kanto stuff and Alola feels very fresh.

Quit your bitching and realize that cranking out too many pokemon is just going to lead to bad shit.
>>
>>29281569
Good god, imagine if you were one of those people? Getting excited over the new gen, waiting to see what's in store... Then GF just craps on your face. Literally opens up your 3DS, sticks its ass out of the screen, and lets loose a chocolate hurricane all over your sorry mug.

This is it... Pokemon is.... dead....
>>
>>29281807

Ow, the edge.
>>
>>29282163

This, all of this.
>>
>>29282041
>liking most of the designs mean you like said companies practices
Why does /vp/ turn into /v/ every fucking leak, for real.
>>
>>29282163
Christ this

This board is filled with some of the dumbest posters on the entire site though so it's going to fall on empty ears
>>
>>29281619
Fuck off Gamefreak apologist.
>>
>>29283402

But there's nothing to apology for, though.
>>
>>29281569
Except there's nothing wrong with the bird, and fuck anybody who hates the fact that it evolves into a Tucan.
>>
>>29281604
only 73 new pokemon, all of them look like shit, all alola forms are shitty gen 1 recolors, no new megas, difficulty is still baby easy
>>
>>29283339
He's right though. Pretending most of these designs are good is just kissing GF's ass. You're a fanboy, I know you can't see it but everyone else looking in can. /vp/ is the laughing stock of the site, yes even of /v/, because it's literally a dedicated echo chamber board, where /r/pokemon users like yourself fellate GF for putting out literally anything. Literally. They put a hat on Pikachu and it's the coolest thing ever.

Pokemon is dead.
>>
>>29283465

What are opinions.
>>
File: IMG_0136.png (399KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.png
399KB, 1000x805px
>>29281604
Honestly they introduced the best first. Everyone was excited because of what they saw. The first stage if the starters are great, the first Arora forms revealed where good, the first new pokemon like Vikavolt and Salandit were great, even the first few UBs were good. Then they revealed garfield and jewish golem. The terrible designs combined with the laggy demo turned people off.

Honestly the hype was too high. The dissapointing demo will balance the hype so when the game is realesed it wont be held at an unrealistic standard.

It's all for the best.
>>
>>29282163
>>29283401
>>29283304

Holy shit. You fucking GF apologist.

This is a game whose main focus is the discovery of new Pokemon and catching them. You basically happy that this generation is neglecting the MAIN idea behind Pokemon.

And you're defending that we are not getting as much anymore as before. You are defending them for being lazy.
>>
>>29285113
Okay you design a game with 800+ monster animals each semi-original in design
>>
>>29281569
I prefer knowing now, I will get over how dumb some of this stuff in the next month and by the time S/M come out I will be looking forward to the stuff I want. If I waited then I would just be disappointed while playing it and I don't want that.
>>
>>29285303
>If you aren't a cook you can't criticize the food!
Are you a 6 years old?
>>
>>29281681
All of these are perfectly fine other than garfield and the stage 1 nonsense.
>>
>>29283478
Pretending most of Pokemon designs in general are good makes you an asskisser too, you know.
>>
>>29282163
On the other hand, more Pokemon leads to more variety, more choices.

The whole less Pokemon=more quality argument never made sense.
>>
>>29285675
this
>>
>>29285675
It's a logical fallacy. Their line of thinking is "quality over quantity!" except we're not getting either of those.
>>
>>29286083
It's just idiotic Kalosperms wanting to ruin the series they're afraid to have more new pokemon because they want their bloated boring dex of the samey in every game,ignore them,
>>
>>29281666
People were PISSED about how few there were in XY though.
>>
>>29281569
Toucans are closely related to woodpeckers. It's fine.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.