[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon's most baby game yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

Hand-holding the game. You see a pokemon once, now the game tells you how effective moves are. Trial tells you to look for pokemon, the moment you're in the vaguest of areas, the camera will pan and show you where it is. What's the point?

Go somewhere you're not supposed to, the npc tells you you can't go that way, then it FADES TO BLACK AS IF IT WERE LOADING before putting you back where you came from. This just adds to how fucking slow exploring is.

But tauros was good, made it better to travel around, but wtf is wrong with the camera angles? Walking through that main city the camera keeps panning down from a birds eye view. I can barely see a building to the side, I walk around the corner to get closer and see it and all I can see is my character and the road. Fucking why? Did they put in so little models and textures that they had to restrict your view so much? I want to look up and see the openness of the city/town and admire the huge buildings and landscape.

I just hope in the final game it doesn't stop every 5 minutes to tell me where to go/what to do, then have the camera pan and show me the same thing, then walk 2 steps and have the story progress, and then repeat.

But isn't one of the main elements of pokemon learning how to battle and the type chart? They've literally just thrown out a key component of the game. Before if you faced an unknown pokemon you'd try different moves to figure out its type. Now you could see it in the wild, run away and now it barely fucking matters cause you know what will beat it now. What a joke.

TLDR; Slow, restrictive, mindless as ever.

This isn't even bait, I'm genuinely baffled as to how anyone could find this enjoyable. What were the devs thinking?
>>
File: 1476462884716.png (361KB, 684x509px) Image search: [Google]
1476462884716.png
361KB, 684x509px
no one's going to read this shit, dude
>>
>>29276281
>Facts
>Shit
Denial fags kek
>>
> complaining about an easy demo targeted for children
> complaining about how gameplay is simplified
> complaining about how Pokémon, a game for kids is not fitting muh expectations.
>>
File: Shake it.gif (466KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Shake it.gif
466KB, 480x270px
tl;dr
>>
>>29276281
I'll bit the bullet and do it for us all.

>You see a pokemon once, now the game tells you how effective moves are.
Convenience =! handholding.
>Trial tells you to look for pokemon, the moment you're in the vaguest of areas, the camera will pan and show you where it is. What's the point?
To be a shit demo? Highly doubt this will be present in the main game, and if so only the first.
>Go somewhere you're not supposed to, the npc tells you you can't go that way, then it FADES TO BLACK AS IF IT WERE LOADING before putting you back where you came from.
Demo bullshit.
>but wtf is wrong with the camera angles?
Nothing
>I just hope in the final game it doesn't stop every 5 minutes to tell me where to go/what to do, then have the camera pan and show me the same thing, then walk 2 steps and have the story progress, and then repeat.
You should be used to it by now. Wont be any worse than XY.
>But isn't one of the main elements of pokemon learning how to battle and the type chart?
yes, now they help you learn to battle and the type chart. Neck yourself.
>This isn't even bait
Yes, it is.
>>
>No exploration in a demo
>Making a new thread about the effectiveness markers after the last 10 were you guys getting BTFO
Why does the pokemon board go to such extremes to hate pokemon?
>>
>>29276338
>a game for kids
>must be mindless
Most games are made for kids, doesn't mean they're devoid of any challenge. Look at DKCountry, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic, Smash, Wario Land, Pikmin, Metroid, Zelda, etc.
Some of their games are legit challenging. While previous gens may not have been so challenging, they were more so than what gen 7 will be, not dumbing it down so much.
>>
>>29276439
Why are people making so many assumptions, we only have to things to support that

EXP share which you can turn off

Game tells you things that you already know after you would have learnt them anyway

Can you wait till you get actual things to whine about at least?
>>
>>29276392
>Convenience =! handholding.
>Oh poor you, are you busy? Of course it's fucking convenient if it straight up tells you. Use your brain for once.
>Highly doubt this will be present in the main game
Just watch, bet it will be every time
>Demo bullshit
Fair enough
>Nothing
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>You should be used to it by now
Oh gee, guess we better accept it
>Yes, now they help you learn to battle and the type chart
Told =! Learnt
>Yes, it is.
Kek
>>
Reminder that asking little timmy to remember 800 types and their matchups is bullshit

Reminder that if little timmy can turn on exp share and hit the button he is told to they'll spare the rest of us from more casual shit
>>
>>29276465
>Game tells you things that you already know after you would have learnt them anyway.
Assume you didn't know Salandit's typing. Use a ground type, it's super effective! But wait, so is it part fire? poison? rock? electric? steel? Welp, so what if you don't know, the game will tell you from now on what's super effective. Let's say the pokemon in question was fire/steel, but you thought it was fire/poison. Let's use psychic! Oh oops, not very effective. But in gen 7, it's okay, we'll tell you it's not very effective even if you didn't know the type.
>>
If you're using children as an example you have to realise that nowadays they all just google type matchups (or anything at all) rather than trial and error.
This is merely sidestepping that.
>>
>>29276544
Yes the thing with the glowing red back is part steel

This keeps being used but it's such a weak argument because it only affects a handful of pokemon a couple of times on one playthrough, will you really miss it that much? Think about it in proportion to the frustration some kid will have when it's all being dumped on him at once
>>
>>29276416
It's rather amusing, honestly. How much people can whine about an inconsequential feature that's already present in nearly every RPG outside of Pokemon truly is astounding
>>
That was kids are so stupid this days.
Every single route there is someone yelling you to go right, no left. What is better to attack with, witch one is better and you should do this instead of there if you wanna be effective.
Stop this. Geez. Kids this days are not capable of think for thenselfs? It's so hard to find out the right way alone without someone telling you or lending the way?
I don't believe that. Minecraft is a game for kids, but doesn't tell you shit. You have to find out yourself. My kid love that shit, every time hed discovery something new, he wad excited. In pokemon, since BW you don't have that. Someone is always with you, telling what to do and where to go. Just leave the player findout alone, it's not that hard, even for kids.
>>
>>29276658
>frustration
kids are so weak these days. Gotta hold their hands all the way to the end now.
>>
>>29276658
>it only affects a handful of pokemon a couple of times on one playthrough
Ahhhhh shit. It's this guy again.
>>
>>29276765
But we started with vastly less pokemon, more obvious types, less types and fewer matchups. Since then we've gotten everything piecemeal and gotten 20 years older.

You can stroke your epeen all you want but no kid is gonna be fucked with that, they're just gonna hop on google
>>
>>29276860
But I'm so close to finishing!!
>>
>>29276851
How am I wrong?
>>
>>29276264
Blame GameFreak and their "m-muh smartphone apps" mindset.
>>
>>29276883
>Presumptuous cock alert
>>
>>29277082
Still not an answer
>>
>>29277095
I think what he means is you just stated an opinion rather than a fact like the rest of us
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEE WHY AREN'T THE GAMES DIFFICULT FOR A VETERAN OF THE SERIES WHO KNOWS EVERYTHING AND THEREFORE FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO BE CHALLENGED EVEN WITH SELF-IMPOSED HANDICAPS
>>
>>29277119
How is what I'm saying anymore of an opinion than others

It's a fact that theres 800 pokemon which new players would have to learn
It's a fact that you can only be caught out by odd typing so many times

But rather than getting an answer for why such an infrequent thing trumps accessibility and warrants endless whining I'm getting greentext bullshit
>>
>>29277148
>Pandering to older gen 1 players
>Dumbs it down even more
But that's not even the point. Dumbing it down is like taking a step back. It's taking away elements from part of what made the game challenging and appealing to people. As humans we enjoy puzzles, learning and using our brains to overcome obstacles where we reach satisfaction in knowing we, alone, completed something. It still exists, obviously, but less so now the game is hand-holding more and more.
>>
>>29277251
The 2nd one is too indeterminate to be a fact. Someone could be caught out every time.

The point is, regardless of how many pokemon there are, there's a sense of wonder in discovering them and what their typing is. It's rather anticlimactic to face pokemon you're still unsure of, but oh wait, this is your 2nd encounter so now you know what works. It would make more sense to put the "effective" cues on moves you already used of the same typing for each individual pokemon you fight. But no, it just gets slapped on even if you didn't fight it, merely if you saw it.
>>
>>29277299
It's not a puzzle it's rote learning, I don't think learning the vague and arbitrary matchups and typings is a satisfying endeavour

It's like saying games saving keycodes for you is casual, those shouldn't be the things that create challenge for you

>>29277373
Okay theoretically someone could get it wrong the whole way through the game

Theoretically someone might not find the bullshit that is the ghost type as a source of wonder, I thought about a type by type basis too though but with the large amount of types and reliance on stab I don't think it'd work

Maybe I just play with a different mindset but I don't have a single fond memory of type matchups outside of playground bullshit about typings due to gen 1s supereffective glitch and the anime fucking up
>>
>>29276264
pokemon is intended for young children. do you also complain that the plot of barney & friends is too shallow?
>>
I'm glad the game tells me the effectiveness of my moves at the select screen now, and hope it's not just something for the demo. There's nearly a thousand of these damn critters; I don't have the brainspace to keep track of every single type combination out there.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.