[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so many gen one pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0955.jpg (814KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0955.jpg
814KB, 2048x2048px
Why so many gen one pokemon?
>>
>>29273901
Big Anniversary year.
>>
>gen 5 dex larger than 2, 3, and 4.
smaller than all three
god damn it gamefreak
>>
>>29273901

Cause GF care more about Gen 1 than they do the other generations.

This is what I don't get, yeah it's the 20th anniversary and all and Gen 1 started it, but it's 20 years of POKEMON not 20 years of GENERATION 1 (Yes I know you faggots, I know Gen 1 has been around 20 years, they wouldn't do this in 2 years time with Gen 2, I bet, but that's not what I mean)

It's as if they're trying to cater to the older fans and bring them back to the franchise but don't realize that those 'fans' don't care about Pokemon, majority of them are in their 30's now and if they were really fans, they would still be playing the games.

I just hope they actually let go of Gen 1 pandering in the next games, if they don't, I think I'll probably drop the series, I'm already uninterested in this gen with the amount Gen 1 pandering.
>>
Trying to get people from the Pokemon Go train to play the game.
>>
>>29273935
It barely beats out gen 1 too.
>>
So the Eelektross line gets fucked again, as it wasn't catchable in XY or SM. God damnit.
>>
>>29273901
>tropical area
>no Tropius
>>
>>29274098

If you haven't noticed, majority of the regional dex Pokemon are also in XY/ORAS so they fucked up with the distribution. I mean, not Ludicolo, Tropius or Bellossom in a region made of tropical islands...well that's fucked.
>>
>>29274191
Whats worse is that Solrock and lunatone aren't in the game
>>
>Kalos got cucked hard
>I've only played X/Y once and don't want to erase my file
welp, guess I'm not doing any playthroughs with Kalos mons anytime soon
>>
So there are the fossils.
>>
>>29274191
>ludicolo
eh
>tropius
Bananas could be anywhere
>Bellossom
Now for bellossom, it literally hula's wtf GameFreak
>>
So many shitmons
>>
>>29274466
>>29274285
>>29274191

You guys do realise that the regional dex only ever applies to stuff found before the "endgame".

All of these pokemon probably live natively in Alola still, you just won't see them until after champion or whatever this game has.
>>
At least there wont be kanto post game with this many Kanto mons
>>
>>29273901
This is giving me heavy "return to Kalos" vibes.
We had Hoenn more recently and that got way more lines.
>>
Five fossil Pokemon lines, that's strange
>>
>>29273901
Gen VI had about the same number of new Pokemon and have five of them exclusive to each version. So far we have 3.

I need to know what else they're gonna separate
>>
>>29275279
>going back to Kalos
>remaking the most recent region in a new engine already
>wanting to revisit the blandest region
>haven't killed yourself yet
>>
>>29275811
Right, no post game is better
>>
>>29275827
True. Because Kalos is the only way the games can have a post-game.

What a huge waste of effort it would be to make that whole shit-heap again. There's definitely no better use of resources.
>>
File: 1232344235346.jpg (22KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1232344235346.jpg
22KB, 500x422px
>>29273901
No Scrafty - no buyty.
>>
>>29276369
Would've been such a perfect team skullmon
>>
>>29274466
Has there ever been a game outside of BW that didn't have the Oddish line in it's regional dex?
>>
>>29276653
sinnoh
>>
>>29276653
>>29276661
BW2 Unova too.
>>
>>29273901
Do you really have to ask why. Frankly I'm surprised gf hasn't tried to retcon gen V out of existance yet, it feels like they hate it with a seething passion
>>
File: 1475585001453.jpg (86KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475585001453.jpg
86KB, 700x700px
>>29273901
There are actually more Gen 1 Pokemon than Gen 7 ones.
>>
>>29276977
Depends on what you consider alola forms
>>
>>29273901
This is in order of dex # right?

If so, bubble spider will be available before Mallow's trial, at the very least.
>>
>>29274073
I don't think they care about the 30 year old's getting back into pokemon. What nintendo wants to do is remind them that pokemon exists so they buy it for their kids, which won't work because pokemon isn't on phones but they'll still waste money
>>
File: bsi.gif (1MB, 500x281px)
bsi.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon
>No Solrock
>No Lunatone
>>
Gen 1 was when pokemon was the hottest shit ever, normies went crazy for the pandering in XY and pokemon GO was massive

GF thinks that gen 1 equals money, despite the fact that both their core audience and children that are coming in don't have such a fierce loyalty to it
>>
>>29278296
Eh, the current children are going to become the next generation of genwunners due to GO's incredible popularity.
Just aside from
>what's this shit, only the original 151 we're proper pokémon
We will now have
>what's this shit, only pokémon from GO are proper pokémon
>>
It's not even just gen one getting so much more than the other gens, look at gen two and four's offerings, nearly half of the gen two pokemon are evos or prevos of a gen one pokemon, and it's a similar story for gen four, but in that case the evos and prevos are for gen one to three rather than just one.

There's Sylveon from gen 6 too I guess, but one pokemon out of the whole gen isn't such a big deal.
>>
293 pokemon without legendaries. Its not a bad dex. Y'all need to quit worrying about what gen a pokemon came from and just be happy to have said pokemon.
>>
>>29278752
293 is counting legendaries.

Its not a bad dex.
Of course,they didn-t fuck up like Kalos.
>>
>>29279000
Yeah,im glad that they fixed the regional dex at least,trough theres still to few new pokemoon.
>>
>>29278752
No. I don't play a new pokemon game with catching old pokemon on my mind at all. I hate the thought of it, besides for completion sake.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.