[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on /vp/ right now who unironically miss hm's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

>there are people on /vp/ right now who unironically miss hm's
>>
File: smug (2).png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
smug (2).png
260KB, 563x542px
>DP remakes come out and they revert to HMs and separate pokemart buildings and don't feature trainer customization
>>
>>29273622
rip Bidoof, you are now as relevant as Phione. until DP remakes
>>
I won't miss HM's, but I will miss being able to use your own Pokemon to help traverse the overworld
>>
>>29273622
>tfw can't teach surf for battle
GAMEFREAAAAAAAK
>>
>>29273649
NEVER EVER
>>
>>29273711
It, Fly, and Waterfall are TMs now

They just need to bring back Defog and Rock Climb as TMs or tutors and all the useful HMs for battle will be here
>>
>>29273649
Realistic, considering what they have been doing.
>>
>>29273649
>separate mart buildings

Good, I never liked having them together. Bugged me in BW1 six years ago and it bugs me in SM now.
>>
>>29273776
Just thing of them as malls now. Espicially now with the care at the side. Should've had the clothing stores in the pokemon center too. Guess they're saving that for gen 8 though.
>>
>>29273706
I really miss them and its for this reason. It's a change I don't think needed to be made or if they did it they could have had at least used Pokemon native to alol and not pandered, as usual to charizard fags
>>
>>29273649
Sadly it will probably happen.

>>29273706
I will miss using my own pokemon as well.
>>
>>29273738
>rock climb

did I miss something? how did it become useful
>>
>>29274210
Because you're not using your pokemon as you travel the world. Think of these rental mon like the bike or skates
>>
>>29274169
It did need to be made

a Water and Flying mon being required on every in-game team isn't fun or good
>>
>>29274225
Yeah I know that they are not my pokemon
>>
>>29273706
You're only using them because you're forced to.

Imagine beating the Champion and seeing all of the Pokemon you trained in the Hall of Fame...and at the end is an underleveled HM slave that didn't even participate in battle.
>>
>>29274331
Now now he did participate in the battle. Sent in to give me a turn to use a revive on somebody useful
>>
>>29274352
>having battle set to shift
>having pokemon faint in battle
>being a scrub who likes having half a team due to 2 pokemon being picked for what hm's they can learn
>>
>>29273649
Yes? Using HM for exploration was a big thing in Sinnoh, maybe even more than in previous regions.
I don't like HMs but I see no problem with them.

The question is if Gen VIII will have a similar mechanic to replace HMs or not.
>>
>>29274222
Sheer force Tauros
>>
Why can't Pokémon learn hm separate from their moves?
>>
>>29274331
>>29274352

why not simply seperate HMs from Attacks?
why can't a Lapras swim with me on its back without knowing the attack Surfer?
>>
TMs should go back to being one-time use and HMs should be permanent like in Red/Blue because those are the best games in the franchise.in
>>
>>29274599
Still have to have said Lapras on your team, only solves part of the problem
>>
>>29273622
on one hand, it's always sad to see a feature of the original games go. I always wonder what the original designers of Red and Green think when a new Pokemon game comes out. How far is it from their original vision for this franchise?

on the other hand, fuck HMs. They should have been gone years ago, like at least Gen 5. I can understand them being in Gen I because of fucking course they have to be in that one. Gen II made sense because the technology in Johto isn't great. A pager that summons your Pokemon from anywhere would feel out of place. I don't know about Gen 3. It felt very modern. Gen 4 mostly felt like Johto. A few cities but mostly rural. But Unnova? The game has cities and airplanes and gigantic bridges. Surely they could have invented hedge clippers and a surfboard as some primitive form of Pokeride? Same with Gen 6.
>>
>>29273649
I hope the DP remakes adds 20 new HM moves.
>>
>>29273649
>/vp/ will actually complain if DP remakes remove HMs
>>
>>29273622
All these faggots need to realize that PokéRide is going to do the exact same thing as HMs. They are always gatekeepers to make sure you can only go in one direction and can't sequencebreak like fuck.

Complaining that 'm-muh pogeyman..' can't assist you during the game is absolute bullpuckey.

"Oh gee willikers, I fucking love having Tropius and Bibarel on my team at end-game just so I can get through Victory Road."

FUCK. YOU.
>>
File: 1429209360367.gif (45KB, 128x128px)
1429209360367.gif
45KB, 128x128px
>when the initial roadblocks are arbitrary people/pokemon standing in your way that go away after the relevant badge/dungeon/etc. so at endgame you don't need to have shitty HMs around to walk around the region's main routes
FUCK YOU HOENN for putting those fucking faggot rocks north of Mauville
>>
File: 1460225333862.jpg (239KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1460225333862.jpg
239KB, 900x700px
>>29275358
>Flash and Whirlpool come back as HM's
>mfw
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.