[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting details about Sun and Moon Demo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (14KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 311x162px
The Demo is now out, and while we have already datamined what appeared to be the vast majority (to say the very least--it's probably all of them) of the new Alolan Pokémon as well as presumably the remaining Alolan forms (and no, I'm not going to leak these Pokémon for those of you who wish to remain surprised), there are still quite a few minor details that many might overlook if they just play through it. There's a lot of subtle bits of info that many of you might not be aware of, but here it goes. My first batch of information:

After the battle with Team Skull, Hau will direct you to the location of the Pokémon Center. But you can still explore much of Hau'oli City. First thing I noticed are some of the gates you could open, presumably in the final game due to the trigger to press the A-button, but Sun will not open these gates, saying that they need to be getting to the Pokémon Center.

Continuing further east, and there's a Malasadas shop with a Slurpuff on the front, presumably as the store's mascot. You can't buy the Malasadas, but you can enter it, and it's likely that you can in the final game. There is also a police station that you too can enter, and inside, it appears the mascot Pokémon is a blue Granbull that looks nothing like any other Granbull that we have seen before (perhaps we might be getting an Alolan form, and it's one of the few airtight Pokémon that Gamefreak was able to scrub out of the demo entirely). After all, it is worth noting that the Gamexplain guys did state that there were quite a few unrevealed Pokémon that they encountered when they played the first two hours of the main game, but were not allowed to talk about them. None of the data mined Pokémon, however, save possibly for one, looks like a remote possibility to be in the starting area.
>>
Nigga at least finish the demo before writing your blog, the gates open after hitting the pkmn center
>>
>>29261590
There are a couple empty lots of land, however, with a single Machamp standing by--an apparent homage to the 1st gen Pokémon games back in Vermillion City. But given the notable size of these lots being pretty huge, it's very likely that there might be some postgame content involved with these lots in Sun and Moon. I also keep hearing the cries of wild Pokémon, some of which I am not used to listening to and thus are unidentifiable. Further illustrating that not only could we encounter these wild Pokémon in the city, but that it appears that wild Pokémon in Alola are literally everywhere--including the towns and cities.

Continuing even further down is the Ferry Terminal. And yes, you can go inside here too, but we obviously are locked out of actually travelling to the other islands for the demo. But there is a vending machine inside, and the music is actually pretty cool, too. Comments from some of the NPC's also seem to suggest the possibility that you could actually Surf and Fly between the islands, too. But if I have to guess, this is probably postgame if anything. But it could explain how one could catch at least some of the leaked Pokémon from the datamine.
>>
In addition, on the way to the Pokémon Center, there appears to be a yard that you cannot access for some reason because a lass and her Corsola are blocking the way inside--in spite of the fact that there is clearly plenty of room to walk around or between them, this isn't possible. I have also noticed too that when you are attempting to talk with an NPC while surrounded by a couple, you find that you cannot lock in to the NPC of your choice, and Sun will merely turn around to speak with the person either to his left or his right. Hopefully, Gamefreak can tweak this, or at the very least, this problem isn't the least bit significant, but I wouldn't like it for the most mundane of details becomes something of a hassle due to a lack of a lock on in communication.
>>
>>29262130

Continuing past the Pokémon Center, there's a big house that you cannot enter--there isn't even a prop to let you in--but there's an NPC that mentions brushing her Pokémon. Still, it appears to be nothing more than a really big mansion since there's no insignia or sign anywhere around it.

There is also a barbershop, and what appears to be a shop with a T-shirt on it. Both shops are blocked off by female NPC's, though the one standing guard outside the barbershop made mention just how rare Greninja is in Alola, implying that you will not be able to legitimately obtain one in the final game. In other words, Ash-Greninja likely doesn't play any significant role whatsoever in Sun and Moon and is simply an Anime tie-in. This is further implied by the fact that the description for Battle Bond seems to make it an ability exclusive to Greninja himself.

The girl next door, however, made mention of a Kahili. What we know about her is that she is a pro golfer and a powerful Pokémon Trainer. She doesn't appear to have come back to this shop, but what kind of role could Kahili even play? We know that Akala Island has a golf course, but since we presumably know of all the Trial Captains on Akala, and we definitely know who the Kahuna will be. Perhaps it's a Trial Captain on Melemele Island, or one of the two remaining islands. She could also be one of the remaining Kahuna. But if she has a shop here, and a golf course on Akala Island, then perhaps Kahili is the Island Trial Champion in Alola, and is likely to be the final boss of the game. Especially since the NPC stated that she is off conquering the world at the moment, and that hopefully, she'll come back home someday. Now I am all but certain getting Champion vibes from Kahili.
>>
>>29262223
Continuing further, a Youngster NPC will explain to you that the age of consent to take on the Island Challenge as a Rite of Passage is 11. Now we know the protagonists of Sun and Moon are going to be age 11 again, and I can confirm this as definitive.

I entered the Tourist Bureau, and there really wasn't much to mention. Each of the four Islands have their unique charm, and they also have a Guardian Deity. There's also a table to the left with memorabilia of Alolan Exeggutor, Minior, Corsola, and Pyukumuku. Interestingly enough, between the Minior and Corsola are just a couple of plants, and behind them an unidentifiable picture of something inside of a jungle--either a tree branch or a new Pokémon, who can say?

There is then one last house that we cannot enter in, and a whole line of Slowpoke keeping us from visiting the rest of Melemele Island.
>>
Disregard this stupid thread, I suck cocks.
>>
File: red-dead-redemption-irish.jpg (37KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
red-dead-redemption-irish.jpg
37KB, 780x439px
>>29262520
>sucks cocks

well hello there
>>
>>29261590
>Gamexplain guys did state that there were quite a few unrevealed Pokémon that they encountered when they played the first two hours of the main game, but were not allowed to talk about them. None of the data mined Pokémon, however, save possibly for one, looks like a remote possibility to be in the starting area.
I gotta be honest, this gives me hope.
Of course, it could just be that Gamexplain just don't remember all the revealed Pokemon.

Or they might mean Geodude, which is usually an early-game mon.
>>
>>29262520
ok
>>
>>29262475
Inside the Pokémon Center is a Poke Mart and the Café. The person behind the Café counter is simply looking out for the person working there, however, explaining that the owner is looking around the world for famous ingredients, and to come again in another month (very tongue-in-cheek, Gamefreak). You also cannot buy anything from the PokeMart, which sucks because I would like to be able to try and catch a few Pokémon in the demo and give them a shot.

And I went into the grass through the gates, and apparently, the only wild Pokémon I could even encounter are Yungoos and Pikipek. Disappointing; Gamefreak couldn't even bother to give us additional Pokémon to encounter like Komala or Rockruff or something like that. Pikipek appears to be extremely common in Hau'oli City, while Yungoos is pretty rare. I did eventually encounter a Pikachu, which is presumably an extremely rare encounter here. The Yungoos, on the other hand, refuse to shut the fuck up, however. Anyways, I explored a little bit through the gates, cut past some buildings and whatnot, and decided to move on to Ten Carot Hill.
>>
>>29262694
You could be right about Geodude. And I suppose Diglett. Bug somehow, I have a feeling they weren't what they had in mind. Guess it's a wait and see for the time being.

>>29263061
I moved to the right, and noticed a big rock that we could potentially smash with a Pokémon via Poke Ride. And pardon me, but it's Ten Carat Hill. We have confirmation that for the demo, Kukui will be acting as the Dragon-type Trial Captain (which, we know he isn't based on what Guzma said about the two of them having been rejected). If I have to guess, if there are a couple missing types among the Trial Captains and Kahunas, that the Dragon-type might be one of those. Or it could be that Kukui is simply subbing for an unrevealed Trial Captain, and the Dragon-types are simply a stand-in for something else. Who knows, really?

Oh, and I encountered a Lv. 21 Rockruff. Yay! There also are not as many Pikipeks here than there were in Hau'oli City, but the wild Pokémon still won't shut the fuck up. Also, apparently, running still increases the chances of getting into a random encounter--you still hold the B-button, like you would in a classic Final Fantasy game, like VII.
>>
Does anyone have a list of the dates that the demo has? Like for upcoming stuff
>>
File: 14768378750164.jpg (168KB, 1242x892px) Image search: [Google]
14768378750164.jpg
168KB, 1242x892px
>>29263736
>>
>>29263393
Okay, so I took my pictures of all the Jangmo-o and Hakkamo-o, and when I came face-to-face with the Totem Pokémon, Sun was simply smiling over the fact that his life was suddenly put into mortal danger at the hands of the pseudo-legendary (at least it's second form). I took him to half health with an Aerial Ace, but when he summoned a Pokémon, he wound up calling upon a Rockruff--not Jango-o--for assistance. Because I wanted to use Ash-Greninja, I defeated the Rockruff instantly in order to trigger Bond Phenomenon. I then defeated Plumeria with Pikachu's Gigavolt Havoc. Once again, Sun was grinning as can be in spite of the efforts from the antagonists to intimidate him. Oh, and the wild Pokémon still won't shut the fuck up.

End of demo, got to see the Ground, Ghost, and Flying-type Trial Captains. Cool. Oh, and there's a postgame in the demo, too. Can use Poke Ride this time.
>>
Thanks, OP, for the pointless thread of absolute shit. We all played the demo before your Amerifatass and discovered all this shit before you did.

Also this: >>29261645

TL;DR kill yourself you underaged piece of shit.
>>
I continued where the blockade of Slowpoke was, and noticed a new NPC, so I spoke with her. She took me to a trail covered to the brim with rocks for Tauros to smash down. I encountered someone who literally introduced himself as "A Mysterious Old Man," and he gave me three Stardusts to transfer over to my copy of Sun and Moon.

I then proceeded to the Pokémon Catching Contest in order to add more Pokémon into my team right away. I first caught a Lv. 34 Pikipek, then a Lv. 33 Yungoos. Am still looking for anything else (I really want a Rockruff).
>>
File: 161018_093604_0.jpg (108KB, 372x1600px) Image search: [Google]
161018_093604_0.jpg
108KB, 372x1600px
>ran into my mom
>SHE WAS IN THE FUCKING STORE
>Oh but they closed now :^)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Yay! I got Rockruff!
>>
>>29264874
Thanks for nothing, faggot. We don't care about you. Also, those Pokemon go as soon as you leave the area, and you get an item from the guy if you catch enough before you leave.

Oh, sorry, did I spoil it for you? Well too bad.
>>
Don't know if it's been posted yet but if you mash the B button while moving your player trips
>>
>>29264941
I now caught a Pikachu! Is that really all that remained of the Pokémon Capture Challenge? I hope not. I still have 14 Poke Balls and a Great Ball. And I still have one empty slot left on my team.
>>
>>29265099
Try spinning the circle pad without pressing the B button too.
>>
>>29265145
You don't get to keep them, not even for rest of the demo.
>>
>>29261590
Most of us have already completed the demo at this point, OP.
>>
Okay, then. I'm gonna then go out and evolve Pikipek then. See what it's real name is.
>>
>>29265291
You can't.
>>
>>29265291
see >>29265305 and then commit suicide.

P.S. the entirety of /vp/ legitimately hates you and wants you to die.
>>
Anyone know how I can find Lillie? And the Alolan Dugtrio PokeFinder event? Also, do you get anything special depending on how many Pokemon you catch for the catching event?
>>
>>29265250

I was very disappointed that you couldn't keep what you caught.

Also that Greninja only gains like one (maybe two?) levels and doesn't gain any more XP, probably so you can't just grind him in the demo and port him over at Lv100.
>>
>>29265344
One level.
>>
>>29265344
Didn't Verlisify or some other faggot train the ORAS demo Swampert to 100, despite being nontransferable?
>>
>>29265406

Iunno, anon. I did the stuff in the demo and started wandering around the grassy areas, but no matter how many times i KO a wild pokemon Greninja's XP meter won't budge.

I think it's because you -can- port over Greninja that they won't let you grind him.
>>
Okay, looked it up. No evolving Pikipek. Though it is interesting that it can learn Rock Smash during the Pokémon Battling. Also, you can get into battles wearing your Poke Ride Gear. That's kind of cool.
>>
>>29261590
You are so autistic go post thing on your fucking blog.
>>
>>29265527
You've been doing this for two hours now, what the fuck.
>>
Is there anything to do after completing the Catching Challenge, beating the scrubs and meeting the Mysterious Old Man?
>>
File: 20161018_213508.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_213508.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Capturing 20 Pokemon does nothing except for showing the guy sleeping and calling you a pro.
>>
Anybody know where I can spot that Alolan Dugtrio?
>>
>>29265166
what the fuck. top kek.
>>
>>29265166
top kek. also if you don't stop spinning, he doesn't stop twirling. what the fuck.
>>
>>29265406
I hope not, how do you have that much time on your hands?
>>
Has anyone ripped clothing options?
>>
>>29266485
I assume they were scrubbed too else we probably would have seen them already.
>>
Okay, Gamexplain had confirmed that HM's use on the field have been fully replaced by Poke Ride. And I also learned that you have to catch a certain number of Pokémon in order to get access to Alolan Dugtrio, and 8 isn't enough. Pretty sure it's at least 10, though it could be something crazy as well. Hopefully not 20 for 20.
>>
>>29266882
Not 12.
>>
Maybe you have to keep that old guy reacting, until he calls you godlike when it comes to capturing Pokémon or something like that.

Also, given the fact that Pikipek can use Rock Smash, does anybody have that inkling that the Toucan Pokémon might actually be Flying/Fighting? It is pretty interesting to say the least.
>>
>>29266882

I did 11 thinking the same thing, that a higher number would yield a reward-- So it's gotta be 20.
>>
File: 20161018_213725.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_213725.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>29267035
Like I said, capturing 20 pokemon does nothing. The npc for the dugtrio isn't there for me either so it's likely random.
>>
File: 20161018_213745.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_213745.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>29267241
This is his response for capturing 20 pokemon, also say amazing and wonderful. After this, you release the pokemon you caught like usual and nothing extra happens.
>>
Anyone else kind of disappointed by the music?
>>
>>29267650
Nope, the music is one of the saving factors for me.
>>
>>29261590
>I'm not going to leak these Pokémon for those of you who wish to remain surprised
Anyone who wishes to remain surprised is avoiding /vp/ like the plague that it is. Post that shit.
>>
>>29267650
Yeah, I personally hate the Pokemon Center music.
>>
Was this thread a Reddit parody?
>>
>>29268532
That is one of the bad rendition in the OST, but most of them are good!
>>
>>29267812
>Post that shit.
OP doesn't have anything that hasn't already been posted. OP had only just begun playing the demo when he made this thread, and OP is a massive faggot.

For example:
>>29266882
>GameXplain
>confirmed
Nothing is confirmed. However, the bag now only says "TMs", and Tauros is used to smash rocks, so it's likely that Ride Pokemon replace HMs.

And since when can Pikipek use Rock Smash? Unless that was in the leaks. But it doesn't matter. There are plenty of Pokemon that aren't Fighting-types which can use Rock Smash.

I don't know where you got the idea of catching a certain number of Pokemon to access Alolan Dugtrio. I just assumed it was shown on one of the "special event" days.

>>29268563
No, it was an "OP gets Underageb&" thread. OP is a raging faggot.

>>29268564
Whilst I agree that most of the BGMs in the demo are actually good, I think quite a few of them are misused.
>>
Why is no one talking about how autistic op is
>>
>>29268709
I am, but unfortunately, no one else is.

I hope OP dies.
>>
thanks for the blog update haha followed
>>
>>29261590
OP is a faggot, confirmed.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.