[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any chances of this guy not being crabrawler evo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (23KB, 339x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 339x263px
Any chances of this guy not being crabrawler evo?
>>
a crab yetti,
interesting.....
I would have never though of that combo
>>
>>29260396
SOMEONE GIVE IT A NAME
>>
Up in the air, I was saying that they're counterparts like Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but someone pointed out there's an Ice Stone in S/M.

If it happens to be an evolution, I hope it's like Scizor where they have the same BST with different distribution and typing.
>>
>>29260427
There is a yeti crab irl anon. It loves in warm waters however.
>>
>>29260396
I hope it isn't. It does go pretty far from the whole competitive theme, in terms of looks, but it could be possible. Guess time will tell.
>>
>>29260427
Japan had a fad about how kawaii yeti crabs are whenever they were discovered. Pretty sure sea angels are still far more popular though.
>>
File: yeti-crab-photo-350.jpg (21KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
yeti-crab-photo-350.jpg
21KB, 350x230px
>>29260522
Oops.
>>
>>29260528
It has to be. Probably Fighting/Ice.
>>
>>29260528
Not really. It has the pads that boxing trainers use, so it could be a student->teacher sort of deal.
>>
>>29260396
Sorry, mate. The colors, minus the white, are very Crabrawler.

Ice/Fighting is a new combo right? At least there's that.
>>
>>29260396
I feel like it's a counterpart, since it looks too radically different.

If it's an evo, I hope it's at least like >>29260476 said, since Crabrawler looks too cool to be an unevolved and weak pokemon.
>>
>>29260476
OP here. I was thinking it is too different of Crabrawler to be an evolution. I was thinking about they being counterparts, one found on the beach and the other on the icy mountain. But yeah, the ice stone makes sense, I remember seeing it on one of the last trailers.
>>
>>29260609
Nah, it was not denial. I just thought it was a great change and maked no sense to me. I'm okay with yeti crab.
>>
File: seaangeldd2.jpg (44KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
seaangeldd2.jpg
44KB, 640x428px
>>29260553
>>Pretty sure sea angels are still far more popular though.
Yeah, they're appearing in all types of media lately.What's the sea angel Pokemon? Manaphy/Phione?
>>
>>29260696
Kabutops
>>
>>29260675
Another stage in between may have bridged that gap.
>>
>>29260696
Yup, also one of Hokkaido's basically mascot animals, so I think it was the first time they did a mon specifically for the region when they made sinnoh.
>>
If it is a line, it's made of entirely amazing concepts that somehow link together.Yeti crabs and Coconut crabs are both in the same group that contains hermit crabs and the like yet they're super different. Coconut crabs live on land and eat anything they can get their claws on, whereas yeti crabs live at the bottom of the ocean nearby hydrothermal vents and grow bacteria on their hairs and possibly scavenge. It's pretty neat that they used the yeti part of its name to change it into something different combined with crabrawlers love of climbing. Plus, all of the white fuzz makes it look even more like Hala.
Hala also uses crabrawler because coconut crabs are commonly found in tandem with two trees. Coconut palms and Panderus trees, known in hawaii as hala.
>>
File: 7summits_v2.jpg (52KB, 1100x413px) Image search: [Google]
7summits_v2.jpg
52KB, 1100x413px
To top it off, Mauna Kea, the mountain that the in game icy one is based off of actually is the tallest mountain on Earth. Not highest, since everest goes higher, but the mountain had to elevate itself from the sea floor whereas Everest is on continental crust. Since yeti crabs are deep sea creatures, this means that even if it's completely a land crab in game, it implies that it's on the tallest mountain it could possibly climb, even taller than the Yeti's native Everest.
>>
>>29260474
Crabyetipuncher
>>
I just dont get it. Crabrawler already has a theme in being a boxer, why scrap that entirely to turn it into a yeti? Its such a huge change in concept.

I wouldnt put it past them, its just fucking weird.
>>
File: 1457981448151.png (113KB, 528x640px) Image search: [Google]
1457981448151.png
113KB, 528x640px
>>29261113
>>29260959
Neat. I fucking love crabs and now appreciate the line a whole lot more. Thanks for the helpful and informative post, anon.
>>
>>29261294
See >>29260587
>>
>>29261294
Maybe they are counterparts. Maybe yeti crabs are Crabrawlers that climbed the mountain and had to adjust to live there. The same mountain where Ninetails and Sandslash had to adjust.
>>
Can confirm it will be fighting/ice
>>
>>29261294
>turn into a Yeti
Dummy. Look at the hands, they're training pads that coaches use to help train boxers. Crabbrawler punches, Yeticrab defends. They have a student/teacher relationship.
>>
>>29260396
>Glass Joe evolves into King Hippo
>>
>>29261440

Fuck I hope you're right- it'd like it ten times better if this is the case!
>>
>>29261294
it hasn't scrapped it and turned into a yeti. it continues it and turns into a yeti crab. the gloves turn into jab pads because it now teaches and trains the crabrawler how to fight. it's literally a coach for the younger ones, like a lot of older real life boxers do once they are out of the game.
>>
>>29261294
There's a bigger overall theme; Competetion. Crabrawler uses the boxing motif to exemplify this, though it's mentioned in his info that they fight to compete for the highest elevation. Yetibrawler shows that he's quite literally reached his peak. I'm betting he has a gimmicky area-restricted evolution like Magnezone/Probopass/Leafeon/Glaceon/etc
>>
File: 1444074205803.jpg (12KB, 252x147px) Image search: [Google]
1444074205803.jpg
12KB, 252x147px
>>29261538
>>Yetibrawler shows that he's quite literally reached his peak
Woah.
>Crabrawler attains his goal of being at the very top
>has no need to compete anymore
>evolves and spends his time training young Crabrawlers to help them reach their goals
Imagine Little Mac growing up to become Doc Louis, that's this line's story.

10/10.
>>
Do you guys think this thing is gonna be Ice/Fighting?
>>
>>29260959
This
>>29261113
This
>>29261538
And this

There sure was a lot of thought put into this, huh?
>>
File: HNI_0092.jpg (83KB, 455x348px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0092.jpg
83KB, 455x348px
>>29261538
>>29261113
>>29260959
Thank you based anons. I always liked Crabrawler, but I had some misgivings about Yeti Crab. These posts have really enamored me to the concept.

If you all guessed the lore 100% based on what we have, that just shows that Game Freak really struck gold with this design idea.

And, hey, at least we're getting one new Ice-type that isn't a redesign.
>>
>>29261717
Yes.
>>
>>29261440
>>29261538
Holy shit, now it all makes sense now! Maybe the Yeticrab likes to live alone too like some hermit, but is willing to train those who find it?

>the Crabrawler species all know of the Yeticrab and willingly traverse the mountains in the hopes they can find one to train them
>since the Yeticrab happens to be jovial and friendly for a hermit, they agree to train any Crabrawlers that manage to find their hideout
>>
File: 1438244022625.jpg (46KB, 697x440px) Image search: [Google]
1438244022625.jpg
46KB, 697x440px
>>29261948
It's definitely something you can't get right off the bat, so misunderstanding it is understandable.

What we should do now is make sure everyone understands what's going on with this line before shitting on Yetibrawler becomes a common occurrence.
>>
>>29260427
There is a crab species colloquially called the yeti crab.
>>
>>29261294
Except it wears the pads that you use as a boxer's sparring partner
>>
Is anyone here as autist as me? My criterias for every team I make for the first run of a new game:

1. only new pokémon
2. type must not be repeated
3. the team must have a good color composition
4. at least one quadrupedal pokémon
5. at least two bipedal pokémon
6. at least one bird/flying pokémon
7. at least one pokémon that doesn't look like an animal
>>
>>29263255
forgot 8. one fish-like pokemon
>>
>>29263255
>1. only new pokémon
>2. type must not be repeated
Yes, every first run.

>6. at least one bird/flying pokémon
Not anymore with Ride being a thing but regardless, I will anyway.

I also like to very my pokemon roles. I hate having all physical or special attackers. I try to do a mix of both.
>>
>>29260396
Pugilice.
>>
>>29262517
The concept is that a young boxer grows old and becomes a boxing trainer.
White fur works in showing age etc.
>>
i guess there's a small chance of it being a hitmonchan/hitmonlee or sawk/throh kind of deal but i doubt it
>>
>>29260396
I'm thinking it may be a female variant. I dunno, it reminds me of Nidoqueen somehow because of the "breasts".
>>
>>29260396
Why are people arguing over wether its an evolution or a counter part trainer
Why not both?
The older ones teach young crabrawlers how to fight because they used to be fighters themselves
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.