[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the framerate so bad in Sun and Moon when more than 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: asdddddad.png (702KB, 498x628px) Image search: [Google]
asdddddad.png
702KB, 498x628px
Why is the framerate so bad in Sun and Moon when more than 2 pokemon are onscreen?
I don't ask this question to be malicious, I genuinely would like to know. I'm sure there must be some reason for it, surely Nintendo wouldn't let them get away with just sloppy graphics code.
Like how can LBW have entire gigantic boss fights at… what I think was 60fps? in 3D?
What does pokemon do differently?
hell, it looks like an unlit shader?
>>
>>29258861
Gamefreak decided it'd be a fantastic idea to make console-quality models for a fucking 3DS game.
>>
To make people buy the New 3DS.
>>
The games could run twice as worse and GF still wouldn't improve the framerate since the games are guaranteed to sell millions.
>>
>>29258861
because Iwata isn't around to fix their sloppy coding anymore...
>>
>>29258948
Is it confirmed to run better on n3ds?
>>
>>29258861
Because the amount of Polygons that each of the Pokemon's models have is horrendous. They could have the same level of quality with not even half of the ones they have now.

They did it like that for future proofing and don't care how shitty it makes the current gen because they knew that they would be moving to the NX after this and wouldn't have to worry about power.
>>
>>29258861
Because Gamefreak's engineers suck.
>>
>>29258973
Yes and no
We've had so many conflicting reports I don't think its safe to say anything really, some even say it runs fine on the O3DS, while others claim the N3DS was sub-20, its a mess
>>
>>29259018
I played on the o3ds and yeah the fps was so bad on the totem fight.
>>
>>29259125
As it was on my, meanwhile on my N3DS the fight only had a minor drop.
Meanwhile others are claiming the N3Ds is just as bad, or that the O3DS had no drops.
>>
>>29258861
Gamefreak can't into 3D. Their models have a ridiculous high polygon count, and we know that the 3DS is not a very powerful machine.
>>
Demo runs fine on OG3DS and better on N3DS. All these reports of sub-20 are fake.
>>
>>29259018
I had just a little bit of slowdown on the totem fight on O3DS. Not any more than ORAS with 3d on.
I think it's more than people have different tolerances. It's hard to judge exactly how much slower it is.
>>
>>29258904
This. What they had in mind? It's a fucking 240p screen powered by a 2011 low-end hardware.
>>
>>29258904
And it is. They'll be able to recycle these models for years.

>>29258954
This

>>29258948
Wrong.

>>29258973
>>29259018
>>29259125
>>29259164
The New 3DS makes most games run like they would run on an original 3DS unless you use a CFW. I doubt SM runs better on the 3DS through official means.

>>29259171
>Gamefreak can't into 3D.
Wrong. They could if they wanted. They just have no reason to do it. Stop saying they're incompetent for anything you don't like. They ARE competent, they just don't care because what ultimately matters is that the game sells - and it sells regardless.
>>
>>29258861
Not only they made models with absurd amounts of polygons (10k+), they also have high resolution textures that get scaled down but still loaded fully, so the 3DS can't handle all that unnecessary shit and the frame rate drops.
>>
>>29259018
>>29259164
I also have a N3DS and there was a drop in frames when Rockruff showed up, but more noticeable was when taking pictures, that's when it was slow
>>
>>29258973
I'm playing on N3DS XL right now.
The Hokommo-o fight dropped maybe 3 fps but it wasn't that noticeable. The camera segments are choppy as all hell though.
>>
>>29259280
No, they are really incompetent. They could have optimized the texture and reduced the polygons of those models (not a hard job) saving a ton of memory, thus giving the chance to put the game on a lower capacity cartridge and cut costs.
>>
File: 1283562492710.png (334KB, 515x494px) Image search: [Google]
1283562492710.png
334KB, 515x494px
>>29258861

Played demo on both my 2DS and N3DS, no framerate drop whatsoever.
>>
>>29259280
Gamefreak shills, please go suck Masuda's dick, thanks.
>>
How much you want to bet these games run awesome on the NX, if they can that is. Or Eclipse (third game?) will be made for the NX and will run great. They might be trying to do too much.
>>
>>29259280
>The New 3DS makes most games run like they would run on an original 3DS

Hyrule Warriors 3DS runs like shit on an old 3DS. Meanwhile in N3DS it runs wonderfully.

Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>29259528
On my 2ds, the framerate took a hit when the totem dragon summoned his crony. Other than that, no problems.
>>
>>29259243
Totem fight with 3 pokemon on screen is definitely below 20 FPS
>>
>>29258973
I only noticed a single drop on the N3DSXL and it only lasted less than a second.
Only thing that bugged me was having to do a short loading transition just for entering gates for some grass.
>>
>>29258904
Not even that. I downloaded the Chespin model from XY and from Smash 4; the XY model has 500% more triangles than the one for a fucking WII U game.
>>
>>29259762
>most games

Hyrule Warriors is optimised for N3DS. Also framerate tanks when you turn on 3D.
>>
>>29259344
Hmm...the same thing happened to me and I was playing it on an old3DS.

Granted, the lag don't exactly ruin the complete experience, but it makes me wonder how the game's gonna run in double and triple battles.
>>
>>29259243
All you need to do is look at Gamexplains stream to know that's not the case.
Especially that Totem battle. Jesus Fucking Christ. Sub-20 fps, easily

Not sure if that was on an O3DS or a N3DS, but I'd assume the latter. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>29258973
Runs like shit on mine senpai
>>
>>29259243
i played on an old 3ds and the framrate definitely drops at the totem battle.aside of that everything else was fine
>>
>>29259243
Bullshit. Double battles are fucking horrid, as well as when you use the poke-finder.
>>
>>29259496
Why should they care when they have a bunch of idiots making up excuses for them? When they still make the same amount of money, if not more?

>saving a ton of memory
According to what, exactly?

>a lower capacity cartridge and cut costs
Yeah, I bet half a GB (that might even have been part of the cards before being written regardless of what they did, though I'd have to check) costs a lot to them. Wow!

>>29259613
What I'm saying is even worse than what you're saying though. You're making up excuses for them (which is literally what they want you to do) when the reality is that they don't care and make money regardless.

>>29259762
Only a few games do that.
>>
>>29258861
Because GameFreak tried to do something smart. That being making models that will last them several generations.

The drawback is, the 3DS cannot fucking handle them
>>
>>29260115
>According to what, exactly?
3DS's are weak as fuck, o3DS goes to that ''ram intensive'' mode like Smash and Monster Hunter, and it barely keeps at 30fps while the other two are pretty stable (smash more than MH tho)
>Yeah, I bet half a GB (that might even have been part of the cards before being written regardless of what they did, though I'd have to check) costs a lot to them. Wow!
When you produce million of cartridges it does make a difference, retard
>>
>>29260115
>According to what, exactly?
My ass. They used 16Gb (2GB) chips on XY cartridges. If they had optimized the models, they could have easily fitted the game on a 12Gb (1.5GB) cartridge, because XY raw size was only 1.7GB.

Yeah, I bet half a GB (that might even have been part of the cards before being written regardless of what they did, though I'd have to check) costs a lot to them. Wow!
Are you retarded?
>>
>>29258969
Because XY didnt totally have this issue either, or ORAS

>look mom i posted again!!
>>
>>29260456
>
>>
>>29259771
Same here on the original 3DS. From the way /vp/'s been bitching about it I was expecting horrifying drops all the time, but it pretty much runs as good (or as bad) as XY did.
>>
>>29260435
>3DS's are weak as fuck, o3DS goes to that ''ram intensive'' mode like Smash and Monster Hunter, and it barely keeps at 30fps while the other two are pretty stable (smash more than MH tho)
Oh, sorry, you're right, I misread that as "money".

>When you produce million of cartridges it does make a difference, retard
Unless all of them were going to have that half GB more regardless of whether it was going to be used or not, because cards, according to my baseless assumptions, are mass produced without the specific Pokémon games in mind and are written afterwards. Whether this is right or not, this was my point there.
>>
>>29259771
for me, my 2ds lagged for poke-finder and totem battle. n3ds only lagged for the poke-finder, but battles were completely fine.
>>
>>29260484
>Iwata did not work on X or Y either
>what is google
jackass
>>
>>29260659
And they could have purchased cheaper cards, since there are many sizes available. Also, chips aren't just laying around waiting to be purchased, you need to order them.
>>
>>29259885
Had to have been an O3DS. The N3DS had... Maybe the smallest of sputters?

Either that or the demos are lagging due to some weird bug
>>
>>29261099
But they didn't. Which proves they didn't care. It clearly wasn't a big deal to them, and even if it was because of Game Freak being shit, TPC and/or Nintendo wouldn't have allowed it.
The truth is, they didn't care. It didn't matter.
>>
I'm worried. Triple battles on my 2DS destroyed my framerate in XY.
>>
>>29260348
do they really look that much better out of the 3ds? How perfect are the models then? high textures?
>>
>>29258973
I feel like it runs good on mine.
>>
for some reason the demo ran pretty good on my o3ds xl no huge frame drops on the double battle.
>>
>>29261287
>But they didn't. Which proves they didn't care.
This is called incompetence.
>>
>>29261438
Same here, no drops outside of the double battle.
O3ds xl
>>
>>29261400
https://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/
>>
>>29261463
Incompetence means they wouldn't have been able to do it if they wanted. They just didn't want to.
>>
File: 8125.png (291KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
8125.png
291KB, 750x650px
>>29261521
Forgot pic
>>
>>29261619
they look ok but need textures I'm guessing and shadows. I guess that will come when they need to do it.

they could make another Pokemon stadium with these. thankfully the nx will have all the pokemon games now.
>>
>>29261521
Will they be stuck in these poses or is it easy for them to change them do animation? the poses for a lot of pokemon right now are terrible or weird. I don't like how charizard Is always flying, unless they changed that and he goes back and fort
>>
Because the 3DS is a shit console.
>>
>>29262021
These textures are pretty decent, even for something like the Wii U. But they probably have the HQ textures stored somewhere.

>shadows
These are generated dynamically

>>29262151
It's very simple to animate those models. Don't you remember when those models got dumped and some anons started to make animation threads?
Most of them are NSFW but I'll refresh your memory https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/21484113/
>>
because the 3DS runs on tech from 2004 in 2016
>>
>>29262806
>tfw the GC is more powerful than the 3DS
>>
>>29258861
They can't optimize the game because Gamefreak devs are too busy sucking dicks.
>>
File: 1388001849848.gif (2MB, 320x362px) Image search: [Google]
1388001849848.gif
2MB, 320x362px
>>29263513
laughed way harder than I should have to
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.