[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the artist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: fakemon.jpg (76KB, 876x833px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon.jpg
76KB, 876x833px
Has the artist behind these designs come forward yet?
And by that, actually given his handle or something to tie him to the work. He might as well have now.

I'd really like to know.
>>
>>29258759
RIP Ballio ;-;
>>
>>29258759
>TFW if they were real they would be highlights

the artist is D.I I think
>>
File: 1464754381219.png (297KB, 703x492px) Image search: [Google]
1464754381219.png
297KB, 703x492px
>>29258759
>Who's the artist?
Gamefreak.
>>
>>29258759
He comes one time here, but he wasnt that much into Pokémon
>>
>>29258871
Maybe he and the others don't need to fade away.
If I could get in touch with the damn artist that is.
>>
>>29258759
He did back in..June I wanna say?
>>
Idk how people liked these designs and the real ones. All 6 of them are awful.
>>
Basically

http://4archive.org/board/vp/thread/26350023#p26351418

(Thread where it started it all)

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26670811/

(Thread where someone named D.I came forward, claimed himself as a "multi-style freelance artist of various work such as digital and character designer for various comic and MMO companies")

He also made some more designs (which were given to a anon via email, anon said he claimed them as fakemon, involved Komala evos, Yungoos evo, Cutiefly evos.)

No one knows who he is asides from his own email, which is [email protected] and some other information he divulged on the deconfirmation thread.

No dA, Tumblr, Pixiv, whatever the heck. He's incognito.
>>
>>29259106
Thanks this helps a lot.
Hopefully he actually checks that email.
>>
>>29258759
what could have been...
>>
>>29259286
Thank fuck it wasn't.
>>
>>29259198

Yeaaah, good luck with that, last time I tried to reach him, it's been nearly two months. No malice intended either, made only one single question, which I was about one of the design's details (Pinnister's collar specifically) and left unanswered. To be fair, he does only check this email from time to time, but nearly two months is still quite a time.

Don't think about it much.
>>
>>29259104
There are people who liked Alolan Persian, Alolan Golem. Hell, even the "literally my mom's toucan" has fans.

Subjective opinion on what makes a 'mon good is weird, isn't it?

>>29259106
I'd still say this guy's fishy as fuck.
His Cutiefly evo has the same design basis as Ribombee; his Yungoos evo has the same color scheme as Moon Lycanroc; his Owltair incorporates the hooded design; and his Mega Cannoncat has the same color scheme as shiny Litten.

Sure it might be coincidence, but still.
>>
>>29259574
Well that's a bit worrying.
Still, thanks.
>>
>>29260118
>Those fishy correlations.

Honestly all that proves is in comparison to most other fake artist, he knew more about what he was doing when it came to certain design elements.

Which is cool.
>>
I'm not really fond of ballio's design, but I'll really miss his sheer meme power.
>>
File: wojak_2.png (7KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_2.png
7KB, 240x210px
>>29258759
Holy fuck. How did one guy manage to make 3 really likeable final evos, but all the official ones are fucking crap?

If these were real, it would've been the only generation where I like all the starters.

Also, the fact that he foresaw the hood on Rowlett is fucking uncanny.
>>
>>29260118

The whole thing's been fishy since the start, but then again, we can't do anything about it now and with the whole leaks thing and everything since then, it has been confirmed over and over that the other trio is real, no point about holding on to futile hope or whatever the heck.

if something else happens, then we'll know, but as of now, these designs are pretty much fakemon as of this moment, no more about it and I don't think he's that much in the mood to divulge himself, which I can't say I'm totally opposed to, let the guy breathe whoever he is and whatever he did.
>>
>>29260691
Yea and the whole black/White Litten thing, I only saw one other person make a hooded Rowlet evo and he was inspired by Owltair but wanted certain changes.
>>
>>29260691
>never liked all the starters
>blames others than himself
>>
I would have played the game three times, one with each of these starters. Now I'll probably play once and box Litten once he is disposable.
>>
File: l41Ylpz8Vx1uYTrr2.gif (2MB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
l41Ylpz8Vx1uYTrr2.gif
2MB, 480x268px
>>29260691
>these
>likeable
>being a Balliocuck
>>
>>29260419
>Claimed he doesn't really care about Pokemon
>Has a better knowledge of designing Fakemon (or just in general) than most fans
>MFW

>>29260735
Nah, not really holding onto the last shred of hope or anything; I'm just your everyday conspiracy theorist.
Although not as autistic as most theorist, I must admit.

Yeah, Ballio's fake. Won't stop me from liking him.
Although I do find people who keep making threads about him to be cancerous.
Except for Shion. He (She?) draws well.
>>
>>29260969
You seriously don't prefer the real ones to these, do you?
>>
>>29261237
Why would I prefer Owltair, whose proportions are even more fucked than the Luchalitten's? Or the panther, that's so ridiculously boring the toucan seems more inspired. And how about Rapeclown?
>>
Someone make a fangame with these three as alternate Alolan starter evos? Seriously, when SM are released, if someone could please hack these three into a ROM of the game, I'd be forever grateful.
>>
File: Nom.gif (17KB, 103x203px) Image search: [Google]
Nom.gif
17KB, 103x203px
>>29260979

I'd say that first point to be one of the things that kind of gave me a odd vibe about him, but for all we know, the dude might just be a very recent Pokemon fan or heck, he might have been only exposed to sixth and now seventh gen. Who knows.

And it look like most credible Ballio fans have given up making threads altogether, probably underwhelmed or trying to give a chance to the newest trio. Some others just feel like shitposting/false flag? Meh.
>>
>>29258759
>Still believing ballio won't be a split evo.
Oh, I didn't know you had already played the game.
>>
>>29261476
Have you not noticed the demo was datamined already?
>>
>>29258759
The guy is a pro artist who work on video game industry, even video game character concept (MMOs, I believe) and comics, and did these pokemon was a joke with his friend, that posted here. When I, and many others asked for his deviantart, tumblr, etc he refused to pass a link.
>>
File: 6646643389.jpg (454KB, 1262x642px) Image search: [Google]
6646643389.jpg
454KB, 1262x642px
>>29261297
Eh opinions, fuck you anon.
D.I. truly was a good bloke.
>>
reply "balliocucks are dead" or luchalitten will break your spine tonight.
>>
>>29261237

Yes I do
>>
>>29261571
D.I said these were just crude drawings why does it still look breddy gud?
>>
>>29261571

huh

just realized Huntshoot has brown feathers on his back
>>
>>29261447
>a very recent Pokemon fan
>might have been only exposed to sixth and now seventh gen
If he is, he's damn well done his research.
As another anon pointed out - although I can't verify whether it's true or not - each of the trio's design has similar basis to each gen's starters.

>most credible Ballio fans have given up making threads altogether
That's for the better, really. There's no reason to shit on the official ones just because you prefer the fakes.

Well, there's the shitposters, but fuck them.
>>
File: 1466019798813.jpg (74KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
1466019798813.jpg
74KB, 800x449px
>>29261237
>Owl the Edge over Robin Hoot
>Literally my mom's cat with retarded bowed legs and ridiculous neck over LuchaLitten
>Hideous rapeclown over Poppmaid

You're damn fucking right I prefer the real ones.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.