[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The blank spaces have to be new Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: 1476820297480.jpg (203KB, 1199x684px) Image search: [Google]
1476820297480.jpg
203KB, 1199x684px
Why would they be totem Mon?? Hakamo-o is a totem but the black spaces are behind Kamo-o instead??

Also I just can't see mimikyu being a totem I'm sorry but these have to be Pokemon that were likely scrubbed from the demo.

Besides, Why would they scrub the totem Mon and leave everyone else??
>>
>>29258480
My assumption is that Hakamo-o isn't a totem in the full game, but Kamo-o is.
>>
>what are Totem Pole Pokemon
>>
>why would they scrub the totem mon and leave everyone else

Because they aren't scrubbed. The blank data IS what's supposed to be there.
>>
My question is, why would there be shiny totem Pokemon if you can't catch totem Pokemon??
>>
>>29258480
If they were totem pokemon, why is there not a blank image next to Wishiwashi?
>>
>>29258632
As a failsafe to cover all options. Like why there were shiny versions of Reshirem/Zekrom in BW.
>>
Didn't we fight a Totem Hakamo-o in the demo? Then the black spaces should be next to him either way, right?
>>
>>29258480
Here's the real question. If they are for totem pokemon why aren't there any behind confirmed totem pokemon wishiwashi?
>>
>>29258480
Also, Being a Totem only applies a shader over the model, it doesn't need a dex entry or a render of it.
>>
File: Mimikkyu (9).png (33KB, 119x140px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikkyu (9).png
33KB, 119x140px
>>29258480

according to those pics Mimikkyu will have an evolution.
>>
>>29258667
So UBs having shinies doesn't mean they are catchable
>>
>>29258480
Zygarde Cell
Zygarde Core
1st Totem Gumshoos (Ilima
2nd Totem Vikavolt (Sophocles)
3rd Totem Lurantis
4th Totem Salandit2 (Kiawe)
5th Totem Mimikyu (delicious ghost loli)
Demo Totem Kammo-o
maybe? We're missing 2 totems.
>>
>>29259962
It doesn't. You couldn't catch anything in the Pokestar battles either, but those still had shinies.
>>
>>29259962
No, but the entire fact that these shinies are unique and they den have dex sprites (as opposed to the Totems which don't need them since you won't use them), indicates that they're catchable.
>>
>>29258632
Everything you meet in battle has a shiny, even stuff you can't obtain legally, such as the Pokestar Studios props.
>>
If they are for totems why it doesn't have a totem Wishiwash?

If they are for totems why there are TWO after Mimikyu?

Bu if they aren't for totem, why there is one after Raticate?
>>
>>29260034
Because Mimikyu has separate sprites for before and after its ability procs.
>>
>>29260034
>If they are for totems why there are TWO after Mimikyu?
Are you actually retarded or is this bait?
>>
>>29259810
The totem mons use new models, and they're a different file to the original mons.

They just have no team preview sprite because you can't catch them, so instead we just found blank data.
>>
>>29260029
What do you mean with "shinies being unique"?
>>
They're most definitely Totems. They appear after all the confirmed Totems (Raticate, Gumshoos, Lurantis), as well as the demo Hakomo-o, but it's just put after Kommo-o as to not distrupt the chain.
The fact that there's 4 blank spaces after Mimmikyu makes it incredibly obvious as well, it's just the right fit for both its regular and busted forms.
The mistake a lot of people are making is assuming that EVERY trial will have a totem, and assuming Wishiwashi is a totem.
>>
>>29260034
Nobody knows, Mimikyu has two sprites because of its ability, and the demo is based on Sun so there's no reason for Moon-exclusive stuff to be in the data.
>>
>>29260027
>>29260032
People keep bringing up Pokestar sprites, but remember that they didn't have any extra information to be used in your party, like Ultra Beasts do. The fact that these sprites even exist means that Ultra Beasts are meant to be captured.

The Pokestars sprites even just had generic black silhouettes as their shinies, because GF didn't care and knew they were ever going to be used. Why bother giving unique shinies to each UB, if that's the case?
>>
>>29260091
They have their own, specific shinies. Pokestars sprites, for example, ended up having a generic silhouette as their shiny. All of them. Because GF never intended for you to find them under any circumstances.

Meanwhile, UBs are given specific shiny colors for some reason, just like every Pokemon (because they give out shiny locked mons as events or whatever from time to time).

Why do this, or even give dex sprites, to a throwaway entity that won't be used?
>>
>>29260027
To be fair, the Pokestar opponents had mostly, black silhouttes, obviously to fill the same role as the blank images for the totems, as a simple failsafe.
If UBs weren't intended for capture at all, they would have had the same treatment.
>>
>>29258649
This.
>>
>>29260098
The official site straight up says every trial has a totem.

I DO think Wishiwashi is the totem though and the only reason it doesn't have extra files is because the totem is just locked into school forme and thr allies it summons are in its tiny base form. No need for a size variance there.
>>
>>29258480
>Besides, Why would they scrub the totem Mon and leave everyone else??
they didn't, the totem mon don't show up in team preview because they aren't in the pokedex. what you see is all that's there
>>
inb4 Wishiwashi's model is via a separate mechanic, and the 2nd sprite is actually reserved for the totem. The game just swaps the normal model for the totem model when the ability procs.
>>
>>29260192
So there are 8 trials. Fucking dropped.
>>
>totems
we known of 6 trials so far (the original 4, ilima and the ghost trainer in the trailer), and kommo-o

so right now there would be at least 7 totems present, minimum

according to the image there's only 6
>>
>>29260111
>The fact that these sprites even exist means that Ultra Beasts are meant to be captured.
I'm pretty nintendo flat out told polygon that ultra beasts can be captured. they wrote in an article
>>
>>29260325
Source? I mean, it's obvious at this point that they'll be catchable, but it's always good to back up this evidence.
>>
>>29259905
Where's this image from?
>>
>>29259905
that image you replied to is from one of the commercials, showing Mimikyu being traded.
>>
Regardless of what the totem blanks are. There are still 4 next to zygarde. So! At least 4 could be new mon. Unless their just blank.
>>
>>29260639
Those are its cores.
>>
>>29260639
>core
>shiny core
>cell
>shiny cell
retard
>>
Why would they be totem sprites? Totems are literally just bigger sprites. Does every mon have a sprite for when they faint and they shrink?
>>
I don't believe the totem theory.
Where is the blank space next to Aolan Ratticate. There also must be more spaces before the Alola dex if past generation Pokémon can be totems
>>
So the whole 7 Trial Captains/Sos Trials was real then?

WAIT what the fuck that makes no sense guys. With that logic, then probably ghost loli is AT THE LEAST would be the ONLY Trial Captain for...oh idk...

RIGHT THE BIG ASS ISLAND! XD I mean come one I'm sorry but this whole only "seven trial captains/totem pokemon" theory is stupid af. Like there could be no way. I mean seriously four of them have already been confirmed to be on the first two islands that's half-over half right there. Unless you have to chance down Loli girl on the third or fourth island we for sure as hell do not know the whole story.

Also think about it, what if the reason we only got this part of the dex is because it's the original data for 10-carat hill and stuff? Like they couldn't remove in time or whatever. Already we know there's for sure discrepancies even without the others explained away by totem pokemon (ie the spots between Zygarde forms, baby Marshadow when S/L got their own three-stage LINE, not all items, abilities and etc data being there.) So logically there's more than we know and we have to keep that in mind.

And like what's brought up, six out of the seven are shown, so maybe wishiwashi is not the totem pokemon given it's part of the trial for Lana, probably to catch it since she's a fishing guru. Then you fight water spider or something.

Also keep in mind some of the same leakers, which I think even Joe talked about, there being 10 UB in total AND 49 alolan forms. So there's still a lot of them we don't know for sure then.

And also while it wasn't completely scrubbed a lot of it was, maybe it was a glitch they didn't catch in time and had already this "ready to go" months ago like the demos for E3 and the like.
>>
where
is
greninja
>>
>>29260723
not
in
the
alolan
regional
dex
>>
Okay, why leave it blank then retard? And also think about it guys do you all honestly think GF is that stupid to just only have 18 alolan formes? that's literally them saying FU to us for having LESS of those for the 20th anniversary
>>
>>29258536
than there would be 4 slots behind kammo-o
>>
>>29260756
But we get one. Does that mean it goes straight to the national dex? Before the upgrade?
>>
>>29260793
it just doesn't register in your dex until you get the national dex
exactly how all past games handled it
>>
>>29260304
>>29260298

Ilima: Gumshoos/Raticate
Kiawe: Salandit evo
Sophocles: Vikavolt
Ghost/Fairy girl: Mimikyu
Lana: School-form Wishiwashi (?)
Mallow: Lurantis
Unrevealed Dragon Trainer: Kommo-o

Seven trials

Plus...
Hala: Fighting
Olivia: Rock
Bonnet-girl: Ground
Standing-on-Whale-Lord: Flying

Four Kahunas

I can understand having Normal starting trial... but muh feelings are hurt that Ghost would be in that mix considering the rest are special types. So my hope is that it's actually Fairy, since the Fairy-type aesthetic is still somewhat ill-defined compared to other types.

While I'm at it, the remaining types are:
Psychic
Dark
Bug
Rock
Fairy/Ghost (whichever isn't the trial)
Ice
Poison

Considering UB-02 comes in two forms and they're both fairly insectoid... is it fair to hypothesize that each UB-number will take one of those remaining types?

I haven't actually looked at UB images/sprites. Obviously 01 and 02/02 because of official promotional footage, and I know how many there are, but I've been scrolling past any UB images. So I could be horribly wrong. But... the numbers add up perfectly if each UB except the 02-siblings take a unique number.
>>
>>29260700
They have glowing textures around them, which need to be the right shape for the model
>>
>>29258480
So we can Catch totem Pokémon since they have shinies, if this is what the theory is getting at?
>>
>>29260700
>Why would they be totem sprites
There literally aren't though. They're blank
>>
>>29260853
>Unrevealed Dragon Trainer: Kommo-o
That slot is presumably for the demo Hakamo-o
>>
File: 1473054091391.png (78KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1473054091391.png
78KB, 500x264px
>>29259905
No. Mimikyu has two sets of sprites. Normal and fallen. Assuming the blanks are totem Pokemon you'd have totem normal mimikyu + shiny and then fallen Mimikyu + shiny.
>>
Was there ever confirmation Wishiwashi was a totem pokemon? Wasn't that speculation that "seemed" to have made sense? What if what we saw in the trailer was actually an encounter like Snorlax and not a real totem fight?
>>
>>29260935
I have a feeling hakamo-o will be a totem Pokemon, then. It seems a weird waste to devote the resources to the aura of something demo-exclusive. Plus, it's a traditionally-special-type, like almost all the other totems (excepting Ilima, which is forgivable as the first captain/Normal typing being so basic... and possibly Ghost/Fairy girl).

Also. Kahili. Supposedly a super strong trainer out conquering the world but also playing golf. I would assume she's a trial captain on Akala, considering the golf course. Is she the dragon captain, or is she the ghost/fairy? My guess is the former - or she's a post-game character.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.