[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people suddenly unhyped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 27

File: pokemon_sun_and_moon.jpg (40KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_and_moon.jpg
40KB, 550x366px
Been here since a little before they announced Sun and Moon, and it seemed like a majority of people were hyped for Sun and Moon. Why has that suddenly changed? Is it because of the Dex size? You people are acting like Dex size is the only thing that matters. Theres still a lot we don't know, and a lot to be hyped about. Not sure why Sun and Moon are getting so much hate
>>
/vp/ being /vp/
>>
Half of the new Pokemon is shit, that including alolan forms. It's just kills the vibe for the game. It's even worse than XY
>>
>>29257282
Give it a few days and it'll die down.
>>
Dex is a big reason why XY was utter garbage.
I'm still getting SM, but the dex size really killed a lot of my hype.
If seeing new and using new Pokemon isn't important to you in a Pokemon game then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
I don't like most leaked pokemon and alolan forms but I'm def still hyped to play with the cuties I do like!
>>
same shit happened with BW and XY

people who hate the new designs are just very vocal about it, but they'll shut the fuck up eventually
>>
Small dex size in a game where catching a lot of different and interesting pokemon is the main thing to do.
>>
>>29257282
I'm convinced that the shitposting it literally just 10% of /vp/.
Same thing with how it seemed that /vp/ really hated Kommo-o but it was literally just a few people spamming.
>>
>>29257282
It's like luchalitten. Once everybody saw the leaks they all hated luchalitten. A few months later, all of the ranting on luchalitten died down. Sure, some people still hate them, but it just takes time.
>>
>>29257282
the number of new mons, the designs, the framerates, and the Kanto pandering.

I dont necessarily agree, but I get it
>>
>>29257282
I'm more hyped than ever. Definitely a step up from X and Y.

>>29257458
>Dex is a big reason why XY was utter garbage
Not really compared to the boring, linear region, boring rivals, boring enemy team, soulless color palette, and horrible attempt at a story, as well as the gym leaders being basically unmemorable in every single way possible. The dex was a factor, but it wasn't the biggest letdown, no.
>>
>>29257282
Some of the pokemon I was excited to use in my party got shitty evolutions and now I don't want to use them. I went from having a pool of 10 pokemon I wanted to use down to struggling to come up with 6.
>>
>>29257282
People expected SM to redeem pokémon after the trainwreck that was gen VI. Obviously those were unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>29257282
contrarians. There's a few let downs but kids love to feel speical and spam "dropped XD" and other "I dont' agree with you you are a pedophile kys yourself" garbage.
>>
>>29257556
>soulless color palette
there's trying hard, and going full retard. somehow I think you go even further full retard there.
>>
>>29257560
RIP that was me in XY. Evos for a lot of mons I liked were shit.
Same happened here for a few (wimpod and bounsweet) but others seem to enjoy those evos so whatever. I like enough this round for a little more than 2 full teams that's enough for me.
Maybe some will grow on you.
>>
>>29257282
The dex is made mostly of the worst designs the franchise ever had
>>
>>29257282
I think it's because GF revealed most of the mons like in XY. Also, we don't have a way to know which of the new pokes will suck or will be op.
>>
>>29257703
The color palette is actually terrible in gen 6 though.
>>
>You people are acting like Dex size is the only thing that matters.
It is.
>>
>>29257782
repeating yourself won't save you, retard
>>
>>29257282
Literally sinnohabortions that prefer quantity over quality yet in the same breath curse all the competitively unusable pokemon.

They also don't consider the Alola forms new pokemon so they baww even harder.

>>29257502
I still don't like luchalitten but it's not like I don't have two other starters to pick from. Its mid evo is pretty cute.

People who don't like luchalitten or poppmaid and can't settle for rowlett can get fucked.
>>
>>29257282
Dex size doesn't matter. It's the motion of the ocean.
>>
>>29257282
Because just like XY they revealed all of the cool stuff early on and the leak was basically the scraps.
>>
I'l try to sum it up

>Second lowest count of new Pokémon in a gen
>All Alolan forms are Gen I
>80 Gen I Pokemon in Alola Dex
>Yet more unwanted Gen I pandering
>>
>>29257892
It's a good selling strategy honestly.
>>
File: IMG_1754.png (66KB, 271x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1754.png
66KB, 271x384px
>>29257816
Hey guys what happens accuse me the same guy?
>>
>>29257282
>You people are acting like Dex size is the only thing that matters
It is in the long run.
No reason to play through the games more than one if you can only use the same pokemon you have been using for years already.
>>
>>29257282
Fuck all new Pokemon once again just so Gen1 mons can be center stage

Starters are shit

That's all i'm disappointed about
>>
>>29257897
>unwanted Gen I pandering
>what are pogofags

They knew the app would revive at least some genwunners, the reaction they got was better than expected.
>>
Different levels of expectations.

I was expecting Sun/Moon to be 'all the content they couldn't fit in Kalos, Gen 6.2 at best' and so was plesantly surprised as the variety of Pokemon and information we got.

People who were expecting it to be its own fully fleshed out gen that stands on its own legs though, I can see why they'd be upset.
>>
>>29257849
>quantity over quality
But we got neither
>>
>>29257282
>there's a Diglett line
>with hair
>a semi-circle Kantomon
>redrawn with hair
>as one of the very few Alolan variant forms
>a DIGLETT and DUGTRIO
>WITH HAIR
>>
>>29257849
>sinnohabortions
lurk more newfag
>>
>>29257897
>The Alola dex has a 293 regional pokedex,they wanted to show the new pokemon and the kanto ones for the nostalgia,be glad that the game will be awesome and not XY 2.0
>>
The hyper training alone is making me want to play a lot.
finally ill be able to get the best mon without being aqutistic
>>
>>29257782
it's the same as in gen 7 you tryhard nigger
>>
>>29258063
Without being what?
>>
>>29257816
It also doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>29257458
XY was garbage because it was left unfinished
if it was the dex, ORAS wouldn't be garbage either
>>
>>29258137
Golly it sure does look a lot better then glad they improved it.
>>
Small Dexes are dangerous because each Miss counts for more.

Couple with the fact that Gamefreak front loaded its best Aloha forms and people get mad
>>
This version will be as good as Kalos. In other words, tied for best thusfar with Kalos and Johto. If anything hearing all these Poke-gressives moan makes me more hype that it's going in this direction.
>>
>>29257282
THE ENTIRE DEX WAS RELEASED AND IT'S ONLY 70 POKEMON AGAIN. EVEN IF YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY FEEL UNHYPED, YOU ARE LEGITIMATELY RETARDED IF YOU CANNOT SEE WHY IT HAS CAUSED PEOPLE TO BECOME UNHYPED. THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF OPINION: THE ENTIRE DEX LEAKING BEFORE RELEASE AND IT BEING VERY SMALL IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR THE GAME'S POPULARITY. GET IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING RETARDED HEAD
>>
>>29258063
Training to 100 to do that crap sounds awful compared to hatching ~12 pokemon, with a perfect ditto.
>>
>>29257282
My hype is still up because plot, characters, new moves, new items, new abilities, etc. are mostly unknown. I'm not even sure if we really know ALL the new pokemon yet.

If anything, today's leaks have let me a bit gloomy because:
>Alolan persian, dugtrio and golem are a disgrace and a letdown for me
>Luchalitten didn't grow on me when I saw its 3D model as I was hoping it would
>I don't like all the new UBs as I thought I would
>Some evos have gone in directions that disappoint me (pikipek goes full toucan) or surprise me for the worse (komala seemingly doesn't evolve)
>The dex composition is strange. I'm not even sure myself what I mean by this, but I just look at it and feel like mons are lacking in there.

Outside of my autistic nitpicks, the hype is still up and running. This is going to be the first canon game I buy a fucking 3ds for, so I have high hopes of it being worth my money.
>>
File: 1476486511812.png (295KB, 1280x1737px) Image search: [Google]
1476486511812.png
295KB, 1280x1737px
>>29257282
I think it's because GF revealed too much. It's the same mistake they made with ORAS.
>>
>>29257556
>boring, linear region
>boring rivals
> boring enemy team
Those will also be in S&M, no doubt
>soulless color palette
also in S&M confirmed
>and horrible attempt at a story
From what we've seen it looks like the story will also be a mess.

The trial captains should be more memorable than the XY leaders though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>29257282

I'm hyped - I've pre-ordered the steelbook with the figure and I've never encountered a Pokemon game I actively didn't enjoy, but upon seeing the dex and playing the demo, I'm unhyped about the following:

-The fact that the dex is not only small but just not...that great, at lot of the designs are awkward. I can make a team from them for sure, but outside of my chosen 6 I don't really care much about the others.

-The fact that the game has been dumbed down quite a bit. I know complaining about the 'Press A to enter the building!' thing seems silly on paper, but when you combine it with all the other smaller things, it makes the game feel like a closed, linear experience. I don't know about YW but I'm getting vibes closer to Fantasy Life when I play the demo. FL isn't a bad game, but Pokemon has its own kind of atmosphere which is geared very much towards being one kid on a big adventure (I would argue this is why it's been so popular throughout the years). When you start giving constant prompts for the player to do things, you make the experience feel smaller and more like a videogame. I'm sure someone out there will understand what I mean by this.

-The overworld looks really detailed but I miss being able to walk up to random things, press 'A' and then get some text, it just makes the world more immersive. I went up to so many things in the demo and pressed 'A' and nothing happened.

-The move to the non-grid system has been handled badly. There's a big gap between the girl and her Corsola that you should be able to walk between but can't. I know the area is purposely blocked off, but that isn't actually what stops you - the player model just has a wide box.
>>
>>29258206
>then glad they improved it.
They're literally using the same models/textures/animations without any modification whatsoever.
>>
I still haven't gotten over Alolan forms, which is purely unoriginal genwun pandering.
>>
>>29258343
>with a perfect ditto.
if you go there just inject you cheater in denial
>>
>>29257717
>not liking wimpod's evolution

such shit taste i bet you're picking poplio too
>>
>>29258546
you are memeing hard, but your complaint is only self validated. unoriginal is just like lazy, you try to pass your expectations as law to us.
>>
>>29258546
Making it exclusive to gen 1 Pokemon was a dumb move that served absolutely no purpose.
>>
>>29257282
Anyone who is "shitting" on the games is just shitposting. We got 100 new Pokemon this time, and people are still mad.
>inb4 "ALOLAN FORMS AREN'T NEW POKEMON"
>inb4 "ULTRA BEASTS AREN'T NEW POKEMON"
Keep telling yourself that, whatever calms your autism.
>>
>>29257282
The demo is garbage PHOTOGRAPH DRAGON ARBITRARILY WALKING BACK AND FORTH and the graphics are bland and boring
>>
>>29257417
>worse than XY
Absolute lies. You're being a forceful pessimist gtfo Anon
>>
>>29258564
Too lazy to bother. Someone gave me the ditto, and people give them out all the time. If you want to grind to 100, and then do the hyper training which will probably consist of some awful mini-game, be my guest. I'll just hatch a dozen eggs and consider it done.
>>
>>29258206
Probably because you're being a biased faggot.
>>
>>29257849
>sinnohabortions
>wanting quantity over quality

You aren't fooling anyone, filthy unovacuck
>>
>>29257458
>If seeing new and using new Pokemon isn't important to you in a Pokemon game then I don't know what to tell you.
Because there's more to the games than catching and boxing turds you'll never use???
>>
>>29258610
new forms of gen1 pokemon are not new pokemon you stupid fuck

stop defending this shit
>>
WHERE IS THE SNOWMAN
>>
>>29258714
Crabrawler evo
>>
>>29258689
Calm down autismo. Also
>Different type
>Different model
>Different moveset
>Can't freely change between one another
>They persist after battle unlike mega evos
Yeah, definitely forms. I said it before, you can call them whatever you want but they're still fundamentally new Pokemon.
>>
>>29258737
>forgetting the real leaks
>>
>>29257282
Because /vp/ will realize that Pokemon Sun and Moon will be the worst games in the franchise, even surpassing X and Y.
>>
>>29258610
By that logic, Gen 6 brought us 120 new Pokemon including mega-evolutions, which makes gen 7 the smallest gen to date.
>>
>>29257282
Yes, it's the small dex and the very few alolan forms. Also on a smaller note the Kanto pandering got even worse, since the regional dex is filled with gen 1 mons way more than any other gen
>>29257989
How can you NOT expect it to be its own game. It's a new generation, a new region, it's not a fucking sequel or 6.5 or whatever the fuck
>>
>>29257417
This, sorta.

I don't mind so much about not having a huge number of new mons. I just hate that some of my favorites so far are either going to be
1) Underpowered
2) Too overpowered to have fun with
3) Only available once you beat most of the game
4) Really stupid, unnecessary design elements
5) Combination of any of the above.

It's not even about the number of straight up bad designs, goofy shits that make me confused. It's also about how many things were SO close to being great, but then were fucked up for reasons I don't understand or don't personally agree with at all.

Prime example of "almost good but then fucked up" is bewear. There are a few big problems that turn that otherwise decent looking (maybe boring) pokemon into a disappointment for me. It just doesn't look like a fighting type, and worse yet it looks like the opposite of a fighting type. Makes no sense.
Also the mouth is retarded.

But aside from that stuff, i'm still looking forward to the game. I just may have to import more pokemon from earlier games than I wanted to. :c
>>
>>29258782
Yeah I'm definitely waiting a couple weeks to see if it's actually worth buying this time around.
>>
>>29257970
>Starters are shit

ebin
>>
>>29258393
This so much.

The new Alolan forms are not even close to what i expected. Golem i can let go, but wig-trio and retard-persian are close to insult.

I dont care much about the starters, there's always at least one i don't like anyway.

The new UBs made me wish they are not catchable. Unlike the first 3 presented, this ones go ful Not-Pokemon. The first 3 can kinda blend in, but the others are a mess.

I dont like that we have 13 NFE pokemon, expecially when some of those could have gotten at least an evo\pre. And others like grampa-dragon and turtinator could have been a 3-stage.

The dex is not only strange, its really small. You have to count alolan forms and UBs as pokemon to get a decent dex number. By this rhythm we will get to the 1000 pokemon in 3 generations. ahah

If they do not improve their game i'll just drop the games. Dont take me wrong, i'm playing since gen1. I get nintendo portable systems almost exclusively for pokemon and almost nothing else. But XY was ok, not good, ok. And SM doesn't seem to better... Not sure i'll buy the next system if this keep going.
>>
>>29258784
see
>>29258775
Get fucked shitter.
>>
>>29257282
The worst new pokemon designs in the franchise's history.
>>
>>29257282
/vp/ finally woke up and realize these games are utter, irredemable and inexcusable garbage.
>>
Not only few pokemon are in the dex, but most of the as yet unreleased ones are bad or uninteresting.

Still trying to tell myself the plot will be worth it.
>>
>>29258393
same here my nigga, i bought a fucking 3ds and pre ordered sun
>>
>>29257282
too many legendaries (ultra beasts+one-off legendaries) + not enough alolan forms. They had a real big opportunity here to give pokemon a shot in the arm with new content and it feels like they half assed it.
>>
I wanted a pseudo, fossils, and at least 10 more families.

i hate to be this basic, but that completely got me down.
>>
>>29257526
OP here, I get the frame rate, but that's about it..
>>
>>29258775
Well, if they give a different wig to every gen 1 pokemon you can have gen 8 like nest year!

I will not consider a mon with wig and a mustache a completely new pokemon. And i will not pay for it neither, they need to up their game or i'll just rip the games and give them the finger....
>>
>>29257282

No new megas.

I mean I didnt expect there to be new megas since they never once showed a new one in any of their reveals but wouldnt been a nice surprise.
>>
>>29259673
you... got... a.. psuedo?
>>
>>29259832

wouldve*
>>
>>29257282
it's not just the dex size, the few new pokemon are shit
>>
>>29259760
This is the most autistic post in the thread.
>>
>>29259673
We don't know yet if there is are fossils or not. All we know is what some pokemon look like. That's all.
Don't give up hope yet, friend
>>
Small dex size, the only unannounced aloha forms being garbage, no new megas, no non-gen1 aloha forms, the most of the unannounced ultra beasts looking like garbage, no evos of past pokemon...

Just seems like a weak game in general.
>>
File: joker.jpg (29KB, 199x437px) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
29KB, 199x437px
>>29257282
I don't know. My hype peak was with the cinematic trailer. Afterwards, the lack of info made me feel uninterested.

Dunno, the marketing and reveals made me feel like this game was going to be really big and that we were missing so much stuff, but the leaks showed us that there aren't many more new Pokémon. Also the fact that UBs may be catchable (because they have shinies and apparently a Dex No.) is pretty depressing 2bh.

There isn't much to get hyped anymore. All that's left to is just playing the games, and we'll have to wait one month for it. GF will reveal info we already know and it won't be the same.
>>
>>29257489
Not really, people really hate that joke of a dragon
>>
>>29257849
I think you meant Hoennbabies.
>>
>>29257725
What is Gen 5
>>
>>29258039
Kalos had like 450 Pokémon on the Regional Dex, though.
>>
>>29260088
Nah
>>
>>29257897
Wow, second? There was a gen with less new mons than Alola?
Was it XY? Even counting the Mega Evolutions?
>>
/vp/ is filled with autists who write off the entire game as soon as they see one single thing they don't like or expect.
>>
>>29257282
I was really hyped this morning after completing the demo. But that diminished after seeing the pokemon.
The Alolan forms all being Kanto pokemon is lame, especially since there aren't that many of them.
Most of the pokemon I wanted to use evolved in odd ways or didn't evolve at all, I had a full team picked out before, but now I'm up to 5 or so
Most of the pokemon I don't hate, I just feel nothing towards them.
>>
>>29257282
Because we know all the pokemon. Simple as that. We basically have everything we wanted. It's psychological.
>>
>>29257560
That combined with the fact that I don't like a single Alolan forme, I've basically got 5 potential teammates and most of my old favourites aren't in the Dex either so can't use one of them to round it off.
>>
>>29258564
Don't you have something else to do like say sucking verlisifys dick???
>>
>>29257282
it's called catharsis
>>
>>29257282
I thought the demo was really boring in almost every way
>>
>>29257607
I think this is the real reason here. So many people were hoping that Gen 6 was a fluke. All the stuff we know about Gen 7 now just confirms the direction Pokemon is heading in.
>>
>>29257282
DESU I really didn't even want to download the demo with all the crap it was getting on here. Thankfully the autism here actually made me go in expecting the worst and I was pleasantly surprised. Now I'm hype AF again. Basically it's a vocal minority that have nothing better to do than whine on /vp/
Are some of the issues legit? Sure.
>worst game evarrr
>same as x and Y
Bullshit
I think a majority of /vp/ likes it and will be playing non stop once it drops
>>
>>29257282
Even though XY had a little amount of new Pokémon, at least they had 1 representative of each type not counting legends

Alola Pokédex is really disappointing
>>
>Director: Ohmori

>Producer: Masuda

Guess who had the same credits for ORAS?
>>
>>29258460
Personally I enjoyed the demo a lot.
*shrug*
dunno what VP is so salty about.
Would have loved a ton of new pokemon but it isn't a huge deal to me either.
>>
>>29258304
Opinion is opinionated
>>
>>29257282
Because at least 1/3 of the people were hyped for a baller Dark/Fire Tiger that was still on all four legs and we got another anthropomorphic Fire/Fighting starter.

Now those people need to decide if they will continue with their Litten or hop to another starter.
>>
Pokemon is about collecting. I love variety and choice and I am not obsessed with every Pokemon being competitive. A lack of variety kills shit for me.

For instance, I played a game called LISA the Painful and fell in love with the fact that you could go around and recruit a variety of wacky characters with personalized movesets and dialogue. No other game seemed able to scratch that itch, so I had to settle with waiting for the variety in SuMo....only to discover that there isn't much. It's sad.

I'ma still play it though.
>>
Is Greninja in the leaked sprites? I can't find it.
>>
>>29260345
And that new direction being...?
I heard somewhere that GF has to produce a new main series game every few years now, so could that be the reason for the rushed, poor quality of Gen 6 and now, more or less the same for going into Gen 7?
>>
>>29260408
Guess what doesn't matter.
>>
>>29260547
Muh quadruped
Muh baller dark types nigga
Man i wish muh brodeo clown ballio wuz real :(
>>
File: 1476401812402.gif (32KB, 402x347px) Image search: [Google]
1476401812402.gif
32KB, 402x347px
>>29257282
Look I don't mind the small Dex, mind you after Gen 5 I'd rather have a relatively small amount but well designed pokemon than a huge batch of filler pokemon, what it bothers me is that GF knew they had a small number of new pokemon and still went on and revealed most of them on the trailers, I understand GF has to build hype and they must reveal new pokemon every now and then but when you leave like only 20 pokemon to discover ourselves then we have a problem, I'm still very hyped for the games but I understand why most people are bother by today's leaks
>>
>>29260679
Those faggots being in charge of development? Oh yes it does with ORAS being as bad as it was.
>>
>>29260083
What exactly were you fucking expecting with datamined info? You would have felt the exact same if you found out every little bit of information had GF not scrubbed most of it out.

Of course spoiling yourself to the unknown will make it less exciting because there's nothing left to discover yourself.
>>
I'm still hyped. I'm just going to leave /vp/ until the games come out. Early XY was such a great fucking point and I'm hoping we have constant Battle Royal threads like we did with multibattles.
>>
>>29260586
None of this is really a huge deal to me, it won't affect my enjoyment of the games in the end. But I will say that I can agree with the lack of variety. It shows itself a lot even when you scroll through team threads and how little diversity there is between each persons desired team.
>>
>>29260408
ORAS was superior to XY by leaps and bounds so...
>>
>>29260586
>LISA the Painful

You're a good man, anon. A very good man. I will have to disagree with you and say this is a good variety, but not as good as it could be.
>>
>>29257417
This. Out of the complete new Pokédex, I'm struggling to even find 6 I want to have on my ingame team.
>>
>>29257487
This. I really thought nintendo and gf were in touch with the playerbase enough to know that the dex number for SM should be way, way larger. I'm just glad I didn't preorder yet. My old 10.7 3ds Has never been so damn useful.
>>
Well, all I can say is this, /vp/:

If you love what you see so far, then by all means, buy the games.
If you are disappointed, then don't pre-order and/or don't buy them.

As consumers, we hold the power to make a difference. The less money Ninty sees coming in for the games, then the more likely they're gonna learn to go back to what works and what sells.
>>
>>29260908
All I'm saying is that leaks, as always, ruin everything for everyone. But even if they didn't leak anything, there wouldn't be a lot to get excited for.
Hopefully GameFreak won't release a demo at all next time.
>>
The moral of the story is that they need better quality control.

There are certain designers in Gamefreak currently who are just inadequate at their job and don't know how to properly design a line of Pokemon.

The size of Generations Pokedex is never the issue. It's the number of stinkers that get past quality control.
>>
>Implying Alolan forms count as new pokemon
Yes and no, honestly.

Yes, they have a new design, new typing, new moves and whatnot, but for a lot of people, myself included, they're not as exciting as a brand-new pokemon. They're a pokemon we've already seen.

Alolan forms are like the Megas, an excuse to avoid making more new pokemon.
>>
>>29261142
You mean like Garbodor and Vanilluxe?
>>
That said, I gotta go get back my deposit I put down on the dual pack. I'd rather wait til after the games are out, and maybe I'll purchase Sun.
Though I'll probably go buy Black since I only played White in Japanese; feel like I'm missing out on the narrative because of that language barrier.
>>
>>29257282
Because the demo is fucking nothing. Because the leaks are disappointing.

Because it's not looking good so far.

I don't hate, I'll play, I'm just not hyped anymore.

And this is my opinion. Aside from online battles, it's been too easy from a few generations, pampering the players from the start. Cringeworthy story.

Customization is cool. Every character being a carnival of fashion is not.

Uninspired mons. Etc.
>>
File: tito.png (410KB, 423x573px) Image search: [Google]
tito.png
410KB, 423x573px
>>29257282
>Implying I'm not hype as ever

I fucking love Wimpod's evo and Arabic Golem might be my favorite pokemon in any dex
>>
>>29261137
When talking about leaks you can decide whether or not you want to be spoiled so that's on YOU, my problem is given the small amount of new pokemon they still went ahead and revealed most of them on the official trailers leaving us like what 25?? To discover ourselves, that's the problem
>>
I don't know what to think. The small number of new Pokemon and a number of lackluster designs is disappointing, but the gameplay from the demo itself felt decent enough. XY was really mediocre, it's shaping up to be that SM isn't that much better.

I'm still interested, and moderately optimistic. There's some potential for the game itself to be fresh, but I don't know if I should hold my breath given GF's track record with story writing.
>>
>>29257282
NOT. ENOUGH. MONSTERS.
>>
No Frontier conformation.
>>
>>29257282
Yeah the number of new Pokemon killed a PORTION of my hype. Even though it's 81 mons(excluding Alola forms?)the number of original Pokemon actually feels smaller than what was introduced in XY. Maybe it's because despite having more, a lot of SM mons lack evos/prevos, whereas most of XY's were atleast 2 stagers. Oh and no fossilmons.

But again, that's a portion of my hype. From everything we've seen I hope we'll have a crazy and fun plot ingame, significant BW2/HgSs/Emerald tier content, and most importantly, a battle facility that isn't the boring Maison or Tower. That's where I'm gambling the remainder of my hype.
>>
>>29257282
You're not very smart are you, OP?

The main draw of any Pokémon game is the Pokémon themselves. We now know them all. We learned there's barely any like XY, no new megas, and only two families of Alola forms left that no one is excited for.

I mean just think about it.
>>
>>29261195
No. It's an excuse to take a ride in the success of the first gen.

Despite BW and XY having great sales, people will always know the first gen. Specially with shitty Casual Go.
>>
>It'a gotten to the point where there's better SM discussion on /v/ than /vp/
>>
>>29261397
Even if I avoided /vp/ I could've gotten spoiled myself by going anywhere on the internet. Also,
>implying anyone here has the will to go offline for one month

Also, I agree on the second part of your post. That's why I initially meant, but I think I explained myself horribly.
>>
The fact that the MC displays NO REACTION (literally just keeps smiling) as the totem Hakamo-o aggressively runs at them, is a red flag to me.

Then Kukui shows almost no concern or anything but a generic smile the entire time Team Skull was there.

What the hell is wrong with these NPCs not reacting like normal people would in these situations?
>>
>>29257282

I'm not a big fan of the sheer number of single stage mons there are.

So many of these could've done with a pre-evolution or an evolution.
>>
File: 1385419134588.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1385419134588.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>29257282
I wasn't very hype to begin with. All the trailers showed signs of casualization, with the type effectiveness shit (that we now know can never be turned off thanks to the demo) and important trainers like Guzma having only two Pokémon (one of them being fucking Ariados). People on /vp/ managed to hype me up a bit by telling me how much we don't know, and the demo and datamining just confirmed my fears.

We have a game with a small dex and tons of casualization, with too many cutscenes. It's just Gen VI all over again. I was completely right not to trust Ohmori. They probably won't deliver on the "Battle Frontier coming soon!" statue that was in ORAS either, claiming it was just a prank bro.

What SHOULD I be hyped for when I hated XY?
>>
>>29257282
>Why has that suddenly changed?
Because the games are confirmed to being shit.
>>
Maybe the wrong thread for this but I don't understand how they've taken the Hawaiian paradise island backdrop and somehow shoehorned a lot of weird science into it. Don't get me wrong, I love Vikavolt and the Cyberspider Pokemon but it seems weird that Pokemon like Comfey and Minior are single-stage and forgotten despite being more 'Hawaiian'-inspired yet everything we know from the story shows there's going to be all kinds of weird space/time science business.
>>
Playing the demo now and it seems pretty dull. Still, I'll try to stay optimistic.

Quick question, can I not catch any pokemon in the demo?
>>
File: 364.jpg (347KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
364.jpg
347KB, 2048x1365px
>>29261201
I'd argue that yes.

But more evident, I'd say the Aloha Forms are the biggest example.

It's a fucking easy job. You take an existing Pokemon and "tweak" it a bit to show how a tropical environment changed it.

Yet like some sort of joke, Game Freak front loaded the most aesthetically pleasing ones to hide how little quality control there was.

You could literally make chart using Aloha form Pokemon to demonstrate Pokemon design

The one's that had thought put in them, the ones that were just designed and then put in, the ones that had SOME effort put in, and then the one's that didn't try at all.
>>
From the time Sun and Moon were announced until I played the demo this morning, I didn't much give a fuck about the gen 7. Some of the pokemon that were revealed over the months caught my eye, such as Rockruff and Salandit, but many of them didn't interest me much. While playing the demo I started to finally get hyped for the games and most of the new mons that haven't been revealed yet look pretty damn good. Having a small new dex again sucks but at least the demo is fun and got me hyped for the full game. It helps that most of the officially revealed mons have grown on me too.
>>
>>29261701
There's a trial where you catch Pokemon, but you have to release them afterwards. You only need to catch three Pokemon in order to beat the trial, too.
>>
>>29258232
>Small Dexes are dangerous because each Miss counts for more.
This. You may hate on Unova for all the "shitmons" it had, but its sheer number of new Pokemon would still leave you with a plethora of other good mons to try out.

Here, if there's a Pokemon you dislike, your window of opportunity closes faster than normal.
>>
>>29261584
>that we now know can never be turned off thanks to the demo

I'm not denying this because I think you're right, but I can't see any options menu on the demo at all, so there's a chance 'Battle tips' can be turned off.

I'm assuming this is the same for the 'A' button prompts. I really don't want the game to be telling me which button to press to pick up an item when I'm over 600 gameplay hours deep.
>>
>>29261794
Ugh, that's irritating if we can't turn that stuff off. That and the question marks, which are there to display the move info, is a bit distracting for me personally.
>>
>>29261561
I don't think that will be an issue in the main game. https://youtu.be/YR1ssSZfoGY?t=5m Everyone here is reacting when UB-01 first appears
>>
>>29259981
>valid complaint and fear regarding the future of new Pokemon=autism
Holy shit apologists are the fucking worst.
>>
>>29261700
>inspired yet everything we know from the story shows there's going to be all kinds of weird space/time science business

Hawaii is known for having a great climate for observing the sky. There are important observatories there and iirc the strongest telescope in the world is also in Hawaii.
>>
So whoever datamined the games found all these sprites.. What makes us think they're ALL of them? Why cant there be more new Pokemon. This is all just from a DEMO guys! I think there's more...

also... these games were meant to be HUGE. Meaning the year PokemonGo came out, 20th anniversary.. what makes these games so Revolutionary?? The fact the 3D was taken away, or the fact that we have ultra beast abominations, or incredibly 'cool' one-time attacks?? The x factor is still missing, and revealing a total of 99 new Pokes/forms/UBs together, doesn't seem to cut it. Theres MORE INCOMING FOR SURE.
>>
>>29260133
A good Gen with quality Pokemon.
>>
>Entire dex gets spoiled
>Gee why is everyone unhyped???

I knew this shit would happen.
>>
>>29257282
>no gyms
>no elite 4
>shitty fetch quests full of constant hand holding
>most likely a shitty post game with next to no content
>not many new mons/most of them look like shit
>ultra beasts are fucking stupid and look like yu-gi-oh cards
>shit pokedex
>>
>>29258448
>source: my ass
>>
>>29262096
Apparently UBs are catchable too so they won't be anything interesting.
>>
>>29262027
>What makes us think they're ALL of them?
The pokedex was in the demo, with all its slots. But the pokemon had been replaced by pikachu.

That's how programming works. If you delete stuff, there is a risk of fucking up everything. It's much easier and safer to use placeholders.

We got the sprites because those are (correct me if I'm wrong) from the team preview screen.

HOWEVER, I'm sure there is at least one pokemon or forme we haven't seen yet, related to Marshadow.
>>
I'm as mildly excited as ever, it's just the mouthbreathers excited by pure spectacle are seeing things aren't as perfect as the game's advertising department would like you to believe, as anyone who looks closely enough or who knows GF's philosophy could tell you.
>>
Gen 4. Graphics of the ds starter generation. An update from gen 3

Gen 5, Advanced graphic for the ds, an update from gen 4

Gen 6, pokemon is now in 3d. A great update from gen 5.

Gen 7, ITS THE SAME SHIT GRAPHICS THAN GEN 6, lazy gamefreak.!
>>
>>29262245
This. I'm surprised by how many people here are fucking retarded though.
>>
>>29261936

The interface is shit, really shit.

The colours are really bright and garish but I can understand it fits the bright cheerful hawaiian theme and that's fine, but the rest is terrible.

'Press L+A to display move info' is permanently on the move screen - the same screen as the information icons, which means it's completely redundant by its own design - really poor work honestly.

Rotomdex takes up a huge amount of the bottom screen.

On one page there's a star to indicate a status move, on the other page there's the specifics of the status move...why is the information spread across two places? It's so cluttered and messy looking.

Considering the games have been made easier to hold the attention of the 'smartphone generation' (Which annoys me because I am that generation) you'd think they'd take a leaf out of modern app design and make the battle interface really simple yet informative.
>>
>>29258564
Why not just hyper train the fucking ditto. Its gonna suck getting it there but its better than hyper training everything.
>>
>>29262027
>There's MORE I COMING FOR SURE
You're a bright person anon, but just accept that we lost already. Please don't delude yourself like this.
>>
>>29262245
>mfw too intelligent to get hyped
>>
>>29262288
>An update from gen 3
What? Graphics and performance took a nose dive in gen 4.
>>
>>29262065
If that 140+new Pokemon rumor ended up being true we would all be jumping for joy right now.

Speaking of which, do we know the faggot who started that blatant lie in the first place?
>>
>>29257282
>Why are people suddenly unhyped?

This is what we call a "leading question." How about you phrase your thread with less faggotry?
>>
>>29260494
*cringe*
>>
File: 1364632762922.png (143KB, 520x675px) Image search: [Google]
1364632762922.png
143KB, 520x675px
>>29260678
>And that new direction being...?

Super casualized (Pokémon was always easy but not like XY and not like how SM seems), not that much new content relative to older Gens, more emphasis on story than gameplay, ignores the older fanbase entirely except for trying to get back the Genwunners who haven't touched a game in 20 years.

The inevitable Sinnoh remakes are going to be a fucking disgrace compared to Platinum.
>>
>>29262298

Welcome to /vp/
>>
>>29262497
>more emphasis on story than gameplay
lol xy had a shit story
>>
>>29262539
It did, but they still focused on it a ton, and they're going to focus on SM's story just as much if not more.
>>
>>29262340
Hey, I wanted to be surprised. What if GF excluded some Dex entries in the demo data just for the sake of unhyping us only to surprise us later on with the full version?

I seriously don't believe Komala don't evolve.
>>
>>29262383
the graphics were slightly improved from 3 but i wouldn't call that "advanced graphic for the ds" and the performance yeah, that goes without saying
>>
File: 1424134737415.jpg (30KB, 305x265px) Image search: [Google]
1424134737415.jpg
30KB, 305x265px
>>29262497
>The inevitable Sinnoh remakes are going to be a fucking disgrace compared to Platinum.

OHKOing all 6 of Cynthia's pokemon will be sad.
>>
File: 1475507568026.jpg (36KB, 364x275px) Image search: [Google]
1475507568026.jpg
36KB, 364x275px
>>29261397
>When talking about leaks you can decide whether or not you want to be spoiled so that's on YOU,
Kind of hard when just about every medium of social media, different boards on 4chan, forums, fansites, gaming news outlets, and Youtube are flooded with people talking about them, or showing them off, unspoilertagged.

It's ridiculous. You literally can't stay away from leaks unless you avoid the internet altogether.
>>
>>29262583
I don't think they focused on it more than Gen 3 or 4. And I don't care as long as SM's story is good
>>
>>29262698
>not being able to do that anyway
The split casualised the game in all honesty
>>
>>29257282
But I am hyped as fuck
>>
>>29262311
I was gonna say, the interface is too overly busy. Glad I'm not the only one to think that.
>>
>>29257743
Pandering for the 20th anniversary? NO WAY
>>
>>29262386
Slightly more hyped but when you realized you really have nothing to look forward to you'd wrap right back around to the current state.
>>
>>29257947
You shouldn't be playing through again anyways. You should be doing PvP the second you beat the game
>>
>>29257282
It's because the game is bad.
>>
I think the biggest thing that has me worried right now are the Trial Challenges. The one from the Demo was really bland and bad. Just fighting 3 simple wild pokemon, and a Totem, which is a bit more complex (Still basic), but has terrible slowdown.

I get that they wanted to try something different, and that the main game's Trials should be better and more varied, but this just feels like a huge downgrade from Gyms.
>>
The pace at which they were OFFICIALLY revealing new Pokemon/forms/info, is something that hasnt happened before.. To get this little amount of new Pokemon is TOO underwhelming, it just doesn't make sense. Dugtrio, Persian, Golem.. literally the worst forms of the bunch. Theres something fishy we dont know about.
>>
>>29257282
It's the Pokemon Cycle.

I've already seen the threads saying gen VI wasn't so bad after all.
>>
>>29258784
This. Gen 7 is pitiful. They better pull some kind of gen 7.5 bullshit to make up for it.
>>
>>29263026
There is no cycle. What you're seeing has been happening for years now.
>>
>>29262853
Except you don't know that. You haven't play it yet
>>
>>29263026
Man, say what you will about BW, but ya gotta admit, going with a pre-national dex of nothing but new Pokemon and no previous region ones was incredibly ballsy and respectable.

>mfw that we'll never get something as epic as that ever again now
>>
>>29263145
Played*
>>
>>29262974
Muslim Action Golem is a beautiful creature.
>>
>>29257282
Dex size is all that matters Pokémon are the only things that remain consistent through the generations. The mechanics they keep introducing always get shoveled out the next Gen anyway so who gives a uck about thay. Pokémon are the only things we can bring with us to the newer games.
>>
>>29262288
what the fuck are you smoking
>>
File: 1471306750659.png (35KB, 157x96px) Image search: [Google]
1471306750659.png
35KB, 157x96px
I still love it but too major things happened: we saw how slow it ran and that they were almost hiding the worst of the dex.

Playing the demo we experienced the awful slowness first hand.

And then I almost feel they hid the last of the dex out of shame. They showed the best first, and had nothing of worth left. It's like the advestiments you see that say "this and so much more!!" The more is ambiguous and buyers tend to fill in the imagination that they are getting "so much more" than already shown.
>>
the roster is really trash and that's half of a pokemon game right there
you know the story is shit
and because they won't reveal postgame info people justifiably assume its shit because gamefreak has a bad record lately
>>
>>29257282
demo was utter shit
>>
>>29257282
>small dex size
>too many single-stage gimmickmon
>too few Alolan mons

Still hype, but the reasons above killed it for me a bit.
>>
>>29262698
Swept her with a Roselia of all things on my first run.

You want hard, go with a completely unknown dex into a legitimately hard battle with a decent level curve on BW. Ghetsis finale was amazing by design.
>>
I lost the hype when I saw the entire list of Alola mons, but I got hyped again when I played the demo, it's a pretty good change in the gameplay. I dislike the new pokemon, but love the new game, there are a plenty lot of old pokemon that I can use instead of the Alolan garbage so, I'm ok with that.
>>
>>29263675
ORAS and the two Battle Frontier third versions are the only games that have ever had a post game reveal.

Because one was a remake, and the other two they were the only real selling point.
>>
>>29262539
Emphasis on it doesn't mean that the story must be good. You can put a lot of focus on it even if it's bad. That's not a contradiction in any way.
>>
>>29262497
Can we stop blaming this on XY?

It started with BW. You can't walk two steps without a character stopping you and telling you what to do next in that game.

The second gym puzzle literally tells you the fucking answer to the riddle after it asks you.
>>
>>29263943
I played blind through BW and B2W2 and I didn't find Ghetis hard at any point.

I had more trouble with the E4 because I was severely underleveled.

But I think I blacked out only two times in BW2. First one was against Cheren (didn't expect his lillipup to hit that hard), and then against Iris (didn't expect her Haxorus to be holding a focus sash)

though I agree that the overall difficulty was higher than in XY
>>
>>29264103
Technically it was RSE and it was blow out of proportion in 4.
>>
>>29264109
BW is harder than XY but not by much.

And it's where the downward trend started in terms of difficulty. Because DPPt were viewed as too hard and confusing. It's why Unova is a circle and why you're told where to go every step of the way.
>>
>>29264144
It wasn't as bad in RSE honestly, but I admit I haven't played gen IV in around 8-9 years. I just remember the overall world map being way more complicated compared to Unova and Kalos.
>>
>>29258775
stop spamming this in every thread
>>
>>29264166
Actually the difficulty spike going downwards on battle started after BW, as even without Mt coronet fucking stuff and Sinnoh demon King realm syndrome curse, platinum wasn't hard at all.

B2W2 Challenge mode is actually great, the integrated experience curve in vanilla BW is decent, but as far as we know the difficulty spike went down after Ghetsis, if I recall this guy actually face walled a lot of the japanese players and was a genuine concern on its pocket market.
>>
>>29263066
Don't forget that a bunch of them won't even be in your game because versions :D
>>
>>29262974
>There's something fishy we don't know about.
God, like a small .000001 percentage of my hopes is that GF actually is hiding something beyond what was already datamined.
>>
>>29264224
Yeah RSE had the perfect balance between story and gameplay in all honesty.
>>
>>29263151
>>29263489

>going with a pre-national dex of nothing but new Pokemon and no previous region ones was incredibly ballsy and respectable.
>Everyone talks shit and overreacts to all of the designs
>GF starts reducing dex sized
>Everyone talks shit about the lack of pokemon and STILL overreacts to the designs
>>
>>29262974
There's nothing else. S&M will be the exact same level of shit games as XY and ORAS. Or worse. Just accept it already.
>>
>>29263991
Can't you give new Pokémon a chance?
>>
>>29262786
>nothing to look forward to
Nah, I'd be looking forward to the variety 140 new Pokemon would give us, instead of sitting here mulling over what few Pokemon I'd want use out of the meager 70~80 we have right now.
>>
>>29264036
i never said it was a contradiction
my point was that it's sad if they put an emphasis on the story and didn't even bother to make it good
>>
>>29262612
GF will never be that competent to do that. What we have seen is the meat of what we'll get in terms of Pokemon.
>>
>>29262057
t. shit taste
>>
>>29257282
Why are we unhyped? I'll tell you why:

We all know what direction GF wants to take when it comes to future games. They want simple games that cater to the smartphone generation. So we know (except the delusional ones) that the games will never be difficult and, if anything, they will get progressively easier.

We also know that GF, for whatever reason, desperatedly wants to get genwunners back into the games (despite most of them not having touched a game in 20 years, and the fact that GF still has millions of fans that do follow the series), so we know the game will not cater to us. Everytime something special comes up (like alola forms) it will be gen one pokemon who will most likely get the most attention.

So far we have accepted that the games won't add some of the mechanics we want (difficulty settings) nor pay attention to pokemon from gen 2-5 (soon 2-6).

But that's all good because, in the end, pokemon is a monster catching game. We still get to raise a bunch of new pokemon when a new generation comes up, we can see them evolve, etc.

But then, we come across the fact that once again we've got a very small dex. If you don't count Alola forms.

So now we know the games don't have the mechanics we'd like, the pandering we'd like, nor a decent amount of new pokemon to play with.

So unless the plot is actually good this time, and the new moves and abilities make up for interesting online battles, there isn't that much to look forward anymore.

Of course, we're not entitled to get anything, and wether we like it or not, GF doesn't owe us shit. But it still sucks.
>>
>>29264877
>So unless the plot is actually good this time,
The fact that UBs are catchable pretty much throws a wrench into that.
>>
File: 1364595601207.png (174KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1364595601207.png
174KB, 800x600px
>>29263026
No. The Zelda Cycle does not apply to Pokémon. Anyone claiming Gen VI is "suddenly" good already liked Gen VI from the start. It's not like there's a surprise hidden amount of content in XY or ORAS that you have to search for, anyone who played through the games once and did the tiniest bit of exploration found everything the games have to offer.

One of the main things people dislike about Gen VI is the lack of content. Gen VII being a disappointment will not retroactively raise the amount of content in Gen VI. Nobody who dislikes Gen VI will suddenly like Gen VI.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 720x540px
>>29258448
>>
File: image.gif (65KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
65KB, 480x270px
>>29261142
>I dont like the pokemon so its the designers fault
>>
>>29265677
If the designers were doing there job, I wouldn't hate any Pokemon.

If I dislike a design enough to muster anything more than apathy, then the designer failed.

Don't try and swing this on me fag. It IS the designers job to get me to buy these games by making Pokemon I want to use.
>>
>>29260033
IM TRYING TO HOLD AT ANYTHING.

At this point I feel as crazy as any denialfag.
>>
can somebody confirm if it runs like shit on old3ds?
>>
File: 1476385665059.png (321KB, 464x425px) Image search: [Google]
1476385665059.png
321KB, 464x425px
>>29257282

Because we're finicky autistic retards who probably shouldn't have been born.
>>
>>29257282
It's not your just new and an attention whore
>>
>>29265677
When the majority doesn't like something, then yeah. Significance indicates that a design is poor when the majority don't like it.
>>
>>29265677
Who else's fault would it be? The consumer? Isn't that victim blaming?
>>
>>29265864
Played demo on 2DS, only slowdown I experienced was during totem battle/PokeFinder.
>>
>>29265989
thanks anon
>>
>>29265003
What do those things have to do with each other?
>>
>>29264758
Stop looking in the mirror
>>
>>29264877
Don't forget a decent postgame. That's where the last of my hype hinges on
>>
>>29257484
This. I'm not reading this shitty thread.
I haven't been here all day, I guess I need to leave for a few more days. fuck you fags, I can't even talk about designs I love without your incesant whining. /v/ must be a shithole too
>>
>>29257484
>>29266202
People still hate X/Y.
>>
>>29265864
It's normally fine, but it goes to SHIT during the Pokéfinder sections and the Totem battle after the ally Pokémon gets summoned. If three Pokémon on the field fucks shit up as bad as it does, I dread how bad things will get for actual double or triple battles.
>>
>>29266305
Yeah, but the retards calm down after a few days. The vocal minorities that hate everything are always here
>>
>>29266202
You're delusional if you think this gen is going to be any better than last gen.
I'd personally vouch for worse.
>>
>>29266477
thanks for letting us know, nostradamus
>>
>>29266477
It's already better though.

Better Music, Better Region More features, what looks to be a better story, BEST evil team by far. Oh and no Mega Evolutions usable in VGC. Easily the best
>>
>>29266438
Why do you even come to /vp/ if you hate negativity so much? There are plenty of other communities online who are almost purely positive.
>>
XY was bad but interesting in some point.

This one feels retarded. The 12yo kid protagonist, the retarded always moving team skull, the "lets circle them but not all the way" animation in the end of a battle. I dont know, not what I spected for this 6.5gen
>>
>>29266650
I don't hate it, I've been here for years, what I don't like is the flood of complaints from people when a dex gets leaked, be it big or small it's always the same shit. I know it will die down in a few days, knee jerk reactions are pretty much useless. Like, Who cares if you're cancelling your pre order? just do it and don't look back, you're not a special snowflake, why do you want attention that badly?
>>
>>29262065
The Dex being spoiled is not the problem here you retarded anon
>>
It's particularly bad that with this batch, there's an average of less forms per line. If we got 70 pokemon but they were all decent lines, I don't think there would be a lot of complaining. Instead we have something like 12 single stages, most of which are shit, and only 6 full three stage lines. Sure there are a lot of two stages but most of them feel incomplete in a way, Gen 6 suffered from this too. Now I start to understand the argument of newer pokemon being uninspired. Back in the earlier gens, as late as Gen 5, for most Pokemon even if it would be a bit weird, if they could come up with an evolution, they would do it. So you got a lot of strong, solid designs with some failures, but overall quality was good. Now, they just don't take the risk. If they can pass it off as complete, they do it. Like with Komala and Pyukumuku, and others. Basically half of the dex no one is going to fucking use at all. I never thought I would say this but Gen 6 really isn't the worst here, there were less Pokemon but overall they were better designed.

Now the game still is 3.2 GB so that implies that there's still a lot in the game. It might be mostly in the overworld stuff though, but hopefully the region is large, or we get some postgame areas to explore. I get a little worried at the characters that take you to other places because I wouldn't put it past them to do that in the main game if they would do that for ferries between the islands. The story could be amazing but you can only truly enjoy that once. Postgame exploration or a decent battle facility are the only things that could save it at this point.
>>
>>29258393
One of the things that strikes me as odd is we have a whole ice biome on that mountain where a.vulpix and a.sandshrew hang out and yet we don't seem to have a single native alolan ice type to go live in that location. The dex also doesn't seem to have any natural alolan dark types outside of maybe the sea urchin waifu and lucha litten if it truly ends up going fire dark. The dex definitely seems to have some holes in it.
>>
>>29258460
It's an invisible wall by corsola girl Anon. There's a similarly sized gap by the police station sign you can squeeze through just fine.

That said I feel you on lack of objects to interact with in the overworld. Being unable to read book spines on bookshelves is a bummer.
>>
>>29267711
I think Crabrawler's evolution might be ice type but it may or may not live there. There were similar problems last gen, like the only ground types were Diggersby and Zygarde, probably other types were underepresented too, but as a Ground type fan last gen was suffering. This Gen isn't really much better, I think it's just Mudsdale.

Anyone else really disappointed that Fairy didn't get anything really decent to solidify it? Morelull line is okay I guess, and Cutiefly/Ribombee and Comfey are cute but really underwhelming especially after Fairy's awkward introduction last gen.
>>
>>29265765
>If the designers were doing there job, I wouldn't hate any Pokemon.
no, you would still hate something, cause not everyone likes the same mons you dumb fuck, they're suppose to appeal to a wide range of people, not just you, that's why there are certain mon you like or hate, because they're not meant for you to like all of them
>>
>>29261561
I honestly hated that. We arent allowed to emote, which is a HUGE problem. Even DS Link could emote in Phantom Hourglass. Why even go to 3D then
>>
>>29258460
This is a big problem I have with the series in general, I feel that it's just too confining for my tastes. Not a lot of room to explore the routes, only a limited amount of towns to explore, little interaction with the world, etc. It's just hard to get immersed when you feel like you're playing in a child-proof cage.
>>
>>29265765
>Being this ass blasted
Have fun rage baiting over something you can't control faggot
>>
File: 004.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>29267992
Nice cherry picking and nice blanket defense.

I'm fine with Pokemon I'm apathetic towards. One's I have no strong feeling. The issue is when that apathy becomes dislike. When a design hits too many sour notes. You can cry about 'but everybody likes different things" all you want but those designs not only did not interest me, but they repulsed me.

You can try and play the numbers game with that, spreading your net far enough that you catch enough people, but the other aspect of that is making sure there's enough fucking content to make the game worth buying for those people you want to grab.

Only an idiot would buy a game for ONE Pokemon and the issue with Kalos and Aloha is that they aren't casting a big enough net so that the more misses I get with those generations, the less I feel like paying full price.
>>
>>29268016
Such a small but good feature when playing online.
>>
>>29260088
Goodra and Dragonite are the ones that are jokes. Kommo-o is based.
>>
>>29268191
>You can't control

I don't buy their game. They don't make money. That's the definition of all the control I have in this relationship.

And don't say "implying you actually won't buy the game"

Since fucking Gen 1 I bought at least 1 game of every main release and remake until Generation 6, and that was with ORAS, where I didn't. It didn't have enough content for me for it to be worthwhile.

And SM is looking the same right now.
>>
>>29263026
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle on Pokemon

>>29266397
Werent Triple Battles removed?
>>
>>29262770
It's the 20th anniversary of the entire series. Not just Gen 1.
>>
>>29268391
>Werent Triple Battles removed?

Where did you hear this? I would be fucking infuriated if they removed triples.
>>
I'll be disheartened if I can't express myself in trades without naming my Pokemon what I have to say.

I shouldn't need an entire box to express that I want the shiny you just showed me, not the non kalos uber with the Masterball you keep flashing at me.

Emotes were a feature 10 years ago, there's no reason you can't put it back.
>>
The new Pokémon (not counting new forms of old Pokémon) are the most exciting part of the gens for me, and getting yet another gen with a small amount of new Pokémon is disappointing. Why does GameFreak insist on not giving us at least a hundred new Pokémon anymore? I just don't understand...
>>
>>29268502
Like, Triple Battles werent on the list of ratings Battle Formats for Gen 7 online or something
>>
>>29264877
God I would literally kill for a "new game plus" or a substitute on the go system to swap extra mons.

I'm cool with a lot of these Pokemon. But I agree the alola pokes feels like a huge missed opportunity. I wish corsola and other gen mons got some love. And it seems like there's a lot of non evoing Pokemon this gen which is odd. Still gonna get the game tho.
>>
>>29268593
They're too many already
>>
File: 1471941798312.jpg (33KB, 443x409px) Image search: [Google]
1471941798312.jpg
33KB, 443x409px
>>29268502
The demo was datamined and there was no evidence of Triple Battles existing.
>>
>>29261584
You are literally being mad just to be mad. The demo had no options menu, we may very well be able to turn it off. Beyond that, 7 year olds having an easier time playing the game is not a fucking sin.
>>
>>29268593
We have 800+ right now. That's more than most people have the patience to count to.
>>
>>29257282
Did you just imply that not having hype for a product that hasnt been released yet is a BAD THING? ARE YOU FUCKING THATS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN FOR THE CONSUMERS
>>
File: 1451700705381.jpg (147KB, 942x687px) Image search: [Google]
1451700705381.jpg
147KB, 942x687px
>>29268600
>>29268688
Oh my fucking god Game Freak why can't you do anything right.

What about Rotations, was it also cut?
>>
File: 263.jpg (68KB, 620x632px) Image search: [Google]
263.jpg
68KB, 620x632px
>>29268593
Masuda around Generation 5 had an epiphany where he thought "the number of Pokemon is getting too big" and felt older Pokemon were getting left in the dust in favor of newer ones.

So he decided to dial back on how many new Pokemon they make each generation. The issue with this philosophy is that Masuda never fucking adapted properly.

The real reason the Pokemon roster is getting bloated is because he keeps REHASHING archtypes.

Each Generation HAS to make room for 9 starters, a 3 line bird Pokemon family, a 3 line bug Pokemon family, a 2 member, rodent family, a pikachu clone, a 3 member pseudo family. and a minimum for 4 legendaries (The Trio and that generations Mew Clone)

This is 25 Pokemon archetypes that MUST be filled each generation at the minimum.

That is nearly half of Kalos' new Pokemon and is a close to a third of Aloha's.

With a smaller pool of new Pokemon, the roster bloat becomes more prevalent.

And now you realize that nearly all the 3 stage families this gen outside of ONE were taken up by Pokemon that HAVE to have them because of their legacy.
>>
>>29258435
Gen 5 spoiler season was the greatest thing.

>race for the leaks
>Wottergate
>leak reveals Larvesta and Volcarona among other Pokemon
>"Bel is the champion"
>game STILL had good surprises on release, with the final in-game battles being an eye-opener
>>
OFC dex sizes matters. the main thing on this game is the FUCKING NEW POKEMONS. if i have 80, and the majority of it is completely garbage, what i am supposed to do? play the great stroyline that pokemon ALWAYS have?

a larger dex makes the region feels more alive and fluid, and having more options is ALWAYS good.

Gamefreak freaking out about pokedex size BUGS my mind, since we got another gen in 3 years. 3 years is a lot of time to process all the new mon - i just wish we can comeback on white/black style
>>
>>29268820
Kind of makes you think what could happen if the new dexes weren't constantly bloated with the same archetypes.

Like an early game shitmon that ends up being MVP because of its evolutions and stats. It really boils down to Nintendo/GF still being stuck in the 80s when making decisions. The fact that Masuda isn't interested in adapting the series to further improve creativity and diversity, while being quite stubborn about it, is what will probably kill the series as whole.
>>
>>29268820
But those lines can all be done interestingly. They just choose not to, Look at the regional birds. All are unique looking and fill different roles. All are usable in game and arent entirely useless for battling

Then look at the rodents, and the pikaclones. All fodder except now Azumarill (I count it) and Raichu. They just make them to make them rather than make them interesting

>>29268748
I honestly dont know. I would assume? I recommend verifying it with someone else
>>
>>29268820
>And now you realize that nearly all the 3 stage families this gen outside of ONE were taken up by Pokemon that HAVE to have them because of their legacy.
This was a realization I had this morning. They really went out of their way to avoid 3 stages this generatoin. It's not even like this cuts down on the amount of work they do, creating an evolution is much easier than deciding on a new concept for a new line. Just because of that the quality overall suffered. I think if there was only 10 other pokemon, but these were all evolutions, this would be a (mostly) perfect roster. Instead they cut the lines down to be incomplete just so they don't exceed a certain number and stay in the accepted limit.
>>
>>29268688
Did they find Battle Royal related data?
>>
>>29268900
>But those lines can be done interesting

True, the issue is that through 7 generations now most people have picked favorites and that by sticking to these archtypes those Pokemon have to have far more work put into them to even get any attention because they're competing against 6 other generations.

It's why Vikavolt got so much love. Because it's distinct enough from the archtype it was designed for that you don't automatically think "oh it's this generations 3 stage bug"

Meanwhile go back to Unova and you so people a Pidove all you get is "Unova's 3 stage starter bird"

If Gamefreak REALLY wants to make a fantastic generation, they need to fucking sandbag all their norms.

Make strong starters that don't resemble previous generations at all. Make some animal OTHER than a bird your 3 stage regional flyer. Make the fucking Route 2 bug Pokemon you catch be the fucking pseudo that if you stick with rewards you. Make a non rodent Pikachu clone.

But don't decide you want to make a bunch of Pokemon and just bloat the roster with Not-Hitmonchans and Not-Himonlees, Not-Machamps, Not-Golems, Not-Magnetons, Not-Muks, and fucking 20 legenadries just for padding.
>>
/v/ being /v/

>LE ANOTHER TORTANIC
>IT'S SHIT MUH POKEDEX, MUH PERFORMANCE, MUH FORMS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29268919
Except more three-stage evolutions means more filler
>>
>>29269165
>Except more three-stage evolutions means more filler
>filler

There are no such thing as filler pokemon. Just becaue you don't like a pokemon it doesn't make it a filler pokemon.

Ok? Ok.
>>
>>29269101
Are you implying the frame drops in the demo aren't pitiful?
>>
>>29269091
>Hating on Gen V
As much as it did to mimic what came before, we also got completely unique pokemon and lines. What can you compare to Volcarona or Reuniclus from earlier gens? Krookodile is good enough that it could have been a starter with a different typing and coloration. The elemental monkeys are kind of silly, but pretty unique. Scolipede line, Golurk line, Bisharp, Durant and Heatmor, based Ferrothorn. In all, there was definitely more to love about gen V than to hate.
>>
>>29269165
>More filler
Incorrect.

The value of mid stage evolution is that when used properly the help allow for a smoother transition in design elements for the final evolution.

I do not think the lack of 3 stage Pokemon was the problem with Aloha though, it needed more 2 stage Pokemon. Too many of the Single Stage Pokemon this generation are clear gimmick monsters.

Gimmick Pokemon are arguably the worst roster padding in ANY generation.
>>
>>29269165
Are you retarded? You'd prefer incomplete lines that aren't as strong as they could be? I said that this would be better if they added a few evolutions to what we already have. We don't need more lines, we need what's already there to be improved. Half of the mons this time are basically unusable due to being single stages that will be outclassed by 6 previous generations or two stages that will do you well enough in the main game but in the long run they won't stick around. If Masuda is going to insist on 70-80 Pokemon per Gen I'd rather it be a smaller amount of higher quality evolutionary lines than single stage gimmick mons.
>>
File: 207.jpg (33KB, 617x489px) Image search: [Google]
207.jpg
33KB, 617x489px
>>29269286
I never said I hated Generation 5.
I love Generation 5 because the sheer volume of Pokemon allowed so many great ones.

I was just pointing out that the weakness of Generation 5's roster was when it was just filling archtypes from previous generations.

Also the Monkey's are irredeemable. They were a gimmick mon that took up 6 FUCKING ROSTER SLOTS. I'll never forgive them.
>>
File: Phione.png (199KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
Phione.png
199KB, 224x224px
>>29269205
>There are no such thing as filler pokemon.

Ok.
>>
>>29269292
>The value of mid stage evolution is that when used properly the help allow for a smoother transition in design elements for the final evolution.
This, although this generation has the least 3 stage lines to date. More 2 stages could work but there should still be some that have 3, at least more than what we have this time. There's really no excuse for single stages unless it's something like Snorlax, Hawlucha or legendaries.
>>
>>29269252

I am saying, they were way worst in past games, but people are somehow acting like a 30 to 20 is worse than a 30 to single digits.

X/Y and ORAS were way worse about frame drops than Sun and Moon has shown so far.
>>
>>29269091
>True, the issue is that through 7 generations now most people have picked favorites and that by sticking to these archtypes those Pokemon have to have far more work put into them to even get any attention because they're competing against 6 other generations.

I'd say this is true, but it's certainly not hard. People love Skill Link Minchinno, for instance.

Though they do change it up, like making two of the birds two stagers, as well as Ledian. Also doing stuff like Normal/Water for Bibarel or Fire/Flying for meme bird. I dont get why they made Gumshoos pure Normal desu. They need to stick to making them interesting.

At least the Pikaclones have been different enough, they just mostly suck
>>
>>29269409
>>X/Y and ORAS were way worse about frame drops than Sun and Moon

Unless you're using a N3DS, I'm not sure how you can say that. The moment the totem sent out his ally in the demo the framerate hit single digits, while that only happened with triple and horde battles in Gen 6. Again, if you're using a N3DS I can see you being misguided since Gen 6 doesn't have N3DS performance enhancing.
>>
>>29267928
I could see crabrawler going ice fighting and living on a mountaintop what with crabrawlwer's love of high places now that you mention it. That said having the only native alolan on that mountain being the evo of a pokemon you can catch earlier in the game feels cheap.

I feel you on the lack of ground types in kalos. I can't belive they did that whole desert by the power plant and didn't have any new ground types to put there. Though I think they did stick heliolisk there if I recall correctly.
>>
>>29269325
This. If you're going to make few new pokemon at least make 80% good and unique. x/y had few mon but at least they were interesting and strong. We dont know everything yet but most of the new pokemon dont seem very strong based on what we know.
>>
>>29269472
Nah, Helioptile was actually at the cave where you meet Team Flare. For the longest time we thought it would be at the Power Plant because it just makes sense there. Heliolisk being a stone evolution in its introductory generation they were not about to let you catch it in the wild.
>>
>>29268688
I don't give a fuck about triples. Are horde battles still around is the real question.
>>
>>29257282
Silly anon, I was never hyped. But Pokémon won't go away so I occasionally check back into the series to see if it's changed enough to be worth playing again.

This game seems to have some improvements but the gen 1 pandering to inflate the dex is laughable
>>
>>29269415
They do change it up but not consistently enough that the archtypes don't start to blend.

At least 5 out of 7 Generations have a Normal/Flying Regional bird family

Unova and Aloha are the only regions that gave their regional bugs distinct identities outside the others.

Regional Rats are just plain Normal types outside of Kalos and Sinnoh.

Not one Pikachu clone has been able to make itself unique enough to not always end up being seen as one. Evan the ones that make it to competitive play still can't escape the label.

Fire/Fighting was loathed because it occured 3 generations in a row, and has created a stigma where a Fire starter LOOKING like a fighting type pisses people off.

Unova itself has probably one of the most reviled Starter trios because of how BORING they are, where funny enough all 3 of the starter types that generation people had used 2 times before, so it wasn't just Emboar competing with Blaziken and Infernape for idneity, but Samurott with Blastoise and Feraligator, and Serperior with Meganium and Sceptile

Ultimately, if Gamefeak wants to start Generation 8 on the right foot, it needs to put the most effort into the bread and butter archetypes they won't drop.
>>
>>29263026
No fuck off. XY is still garbage and always will be.
>>
>>29269537
Man I keep misremembering where shit is in kalos because it makes more sense in my head than what they actually did.
>>
>>29269894
>garbage
It's still an enjoyable game. Not the best in the franchise, but not garbage either.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 250x211px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 250x211px
>>29263943
Ghetsis slapped my shit real hard. I was like 4 levels underleveled.
>>
File: pikachuhaha100.jpg (35KB, 494x360px) Image search: [Google]
pikachuhaha100.jpg
35KB, 494x360px
>>29258818

right. you're on a board dedicated to pokemon. you aint waiting for shit
>>
>>29260145

that wasn't a good thing really. it felt overwhelming while playing. way too many oldmons
>>
>>29258818
Just pirate it, fuck gamefreak.
>>
>>29269791
I have nothing to say except I agree.
>>
File: 1475690421738.png (324KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1475690421738.png
324KB, 700x700px
I'm mostly disappointed at Alolan forms in general.

This disappointment doesn't come from design reasons, I think they're all fine with some exceptions (that memes redeem in my eyes), it comes from what they represent.

Look at all the idiots marking them as 100% brand-new pokemon, that's what GameFreak wanted to happen. I'm not saying it was this machiavellian master plan, but it was a plan all things considered.

We're nearing 1000 pokemon, and the people at GeeEff are well-aware of this. By making Alolan forms they can pretend the Gen VII roster is more than just 75~ pokemon, and they also can delay the inevitable (reaching the 1000th design).
>>
>>29270503
The Alolan forms were just fucking shit.
>literally WHAT pokemon like Muk and Rattata
>ruining existing pokemon like Golem
>Megas take too much effort so lets do fifty million recolours and call it a day!
>>
>>29271081
Muk is cool, it's lazy shit like Meowth that I really dislike. Persian gets a pass just because its face is so stupid that it warps around to being great.
>>
>>29260494
This desu.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.