[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHERE DID IT ALL GO DOWN HILL!?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 17

File: TucanSam.jpg (14KB, 884x190px)
TucanSam.jpg
14KB, 884x190px
WHERE DID IT ALL GO DOWN HILL!?
>>
>>29252898
>>
File: 1470680378572.jpg (90KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
1470680378572.jpg
90KB, 640x391px
>yfw it stays Normal/Flying
>>
>>29252898
Nowhere. The line is good.
>>
>>29252972
You are everything that's wrong with Pokemon nowadays.
>>
Yeah, like when a pigeon became a pheasant and a starling became a hawk, right?
>>
>>29253128
The designs are a fuck ton more natural than boring-ass-woodpecker>fuckoff Toucan
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-18-21-29-51.png (151KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-18-21-29-51.png
151KB, 720x1280px
>>29252898
Here

By here you can tell they just said "fuck it. They'll buy it anyway. Just trace a toucan from Google as last evolution"
>>
>>29252898
If this remains Normal/Flying I'll drink bleach
>>
Carvanha evolves into Sharpedo. These kinds of evolutions aren't new.
>>
>>29252945
>sucking corporation dick like this
On 4chan nonetheless
>>
>>29253227
That doesn't mean they should be excused.
>>
File: Toco-Toucan-Pictures.jpg (168KB, 775x713px) Image search: [Google]
Toco-Toucan-Pictures.jpg
168KB, 775x713px
>>29252898
They didnt even do anything creative with the colour sheme. its just a toucan
>>
I've always kinda disliked Pokemon like the toucan.

It's not that it's a bad design or anything, and I love Toucans. It's just that it just looks like a Toucan. There's nothing that makes it look different from it's animal inspiration, you know?
>>
The middle form looks like a goddamn bowling pin.
>>
I think this proves Indian elephans exist, since this is just a toucan.
>>
Literally my moms toucan
>>
>>29252898
I believe it should have been a woodpecker all the way

Toucan should have been non evolve Mon
Koala should evolve
>>
>>29252898
It's still gonna be on my team. I love Toucans.
>>
File: 1471060480070.png (203KB, 389x334px) Image search: [Google]
1471060480070.png
203KB, 389x334px
>>29252898
>Ash is going to have this retarded-ass thing on his Alola team
>>
>>29253312
>People complain about Pokémon not looking like animals like Gen 1
>Gets Pokémon that looks like it's animal counterpart
>>
>>29253190
Only due to your ignorance, they all make as little sense as this and at least toucan Sam is cool
>>
A LITERAL REAL LIFE TOUCAN
>>
File: 1473801671245.png (222KB, 492x341px) Image search: [Google]
1473801671245.png
222KB, 492x341px
>>29253372
>He's probably going to cry in the episode this thing evolves
>>
>>29253402
No it looks like it was traced from a real life toucan.
>>
>woodpecker
>woodpecker
>FUCKING TOUCAN

this line is hilarious.
>>
>>29252898
>Toucans are so ridiculous looking that you can just draw one and it's a new Pokemon, without any alteration
Fruit Loops on SUICIDE WATCH holy shit
>>
>>29253312
I've always had the same issue with a lot of the regional birds.

Taillow, Noctowl, Pidove among others were all a little too on the nose and just came off as 'cartoon bird' mons. I think it just became a lot more noticeable with the Toucan because it's a very distinct bird.

Of course, other birds like Pelipper and Chatot exist that are more creative, or Fearow who is an amalgamation of at least 3 different distinctive birds so I can't really complain.
>>
>>29253402
It's strange because the woodpecker is just an animal, and I love it, and it evolves into a Toucan, which is just an animal, and I hate it.

I don't know. It's bland though.
>>
>>29253423
Don't be retarded.

The reason Toucan Sam is so out of left field is because its most defining feature - the bill - isn't even remotely hinted at by the first two evolutions. That's why they look nothing alike.

The other regional birds don't have anywhere near as drastic of a change, thus they all look for more natural of a progression. All their beaks keep the basic shape and placement on the face.

Stop being a dick sucking sheep and think for yourself for once.
>>
>>29253507
You dumbo

Toucans are closely related to woodpeckers. Thing is, this is literally my mom's toucan
>>
>>29253507
in an alternate reality
>mankey
>primeape
>real life gorila
>>
>>29252898
how is losing the ability to peck into trees at high speed an evolution? what does it do now?
>>
>>29253656
>stop being a dick sucking sheep with your own opinion and listen to my opinion

check out this mfkr
>>
File: sdg.jpg (55KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
55KB, 500x605px
it has blue feet.
>>
File: 1474676881392.png (1MB, 2000x1240px) Image search: [Google]
1474676881392.png
1MB, 2000x1240px
>>29252898
More like, uphill.
>>
>>29252972
The line isn't good, but they don't fit together. They were just too lazy to make an original woodpecker and an original toucan. Same with Alola forms, they were too lazy to make an original arctic fox.
>>
>>29252898
I guess it's kinda neat. I'm genuinely annoyed that this one in particular was spoiled for me: I thought it would be a pileated woodpecker with one theme or another, but veering in a different direction like this would be a really fun surprise. Also, we don't have the dex entries or abilities or movepools so while the superficial design is clearly way different, there may be a common thread tying this family together
I wanna give it a chance
>>
>>29252972
Agreed great line
>>
File: 1467723094839.png (580KB, 1024x1220px)
1467723094839.png
580KB, 1024x1220px
>>29252898
Why did they ruin my bird bro. I can accept the first evo, but they just went mad with the last one. Like other than the colouration where is Pikipek in that? It's just a Toucan.
>>
>>29253357
I knew it wasn't going to stay a woodpecker, the birds rarely stay the same kind of bird, but a toucan doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from a woodpecker versus, say, a robin turning into a falcon or a starling turning into a hawk. Even a pigeon into a pheasant was more of an upgrade and that was the other lame bird too. I guess toucans are bigger than woodpeckers but I'd think most people would say woodpeckers have a more interesting gimmick that could be conceived as potentially "powerful".
>>
>>29252898
I don't mind the toucan at all, in fact i like it since all the other mons are very esoteric and less animal like, although it shouldn't have been pikipek's evo it feels a bit detached
>>
>>29253888
>Also, we don't have the dex entries or abilities or movepools so while the superficial design is clearly way different, there may be a common thread tying this family together
None of that matters when it's the most generic looking pokemon I've seen
Im pretty sure I can find a cartoon toucan that looks almost exactly like it on google.
>>
Post yfw it loses skill link.
>>
>>29253970
If it wasn't obviously going to be a frail piece of shit I'd say Eviolite is the answer. Too bad there's no Eviolite for offensive unevolved Pokemon.
>>
>>29252898
>Pikipek was first seen in the Sun and Moon reveal trailer
>everyone argued if it was a Fletchling forme because "muh gen 6.5"
>"I can't believe they're so lazy to rehash the same body type for two regional birds in a row"
>Pikipek gets revealed officially
>"oh it's just a generic new bird"
>"It's just going to get bigger"
>"It's gonna look like shit even compared to Talonflame, only reason people will use it is for an HM slave or because GF gives it a broken ability again"
>Evos leak
>"WHY THE FUCK IS IT A TOUCAN NOW, FUCKING GAME FREAK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Has /vp/ ever been happy about Pikipek? Not even invoking ">implying /vp/ is one person". I just genuinely haven't seen anyone think Pikipek as okay or good on /vp/ in any capacity like any other mon that gets a defense force. The most you get is Remoraid getting posted.

At least Fletchling had that unstoppable meme
>>
>>29253657
End

This

Fucking

Meme.

What ever other defenses you have for this thing, closely related isn't one. Cunt
>>
File: 234324666.png (905KB, 934x641px) Image search: [Google]
234324666.png
905KB, 934x641px
>Finally get a Toucan pokemon
>It's literally just a Toucan with no crazy twist.
Oh. Ok. Thanks?
>>
>>29252898
Its because it's both literally just a toucan, and a completely different evo. I could deal with one or the other, but both is a bit much
>>
>>29253720
This
>>
>not liking toucans
>>
All Normal/Flying bird Pokemon (plus Mandibuzz) are "literally just a [real bird species]"
>>
>>29252898
The more people bitch about it the more I adore this line.
>>
>>29252898
Are people actually complaining about this? They made the generic bird into something noteworthy
>>
>>29254241
Pretty sure the only defense, and probably the only reason pikipek evolves into a toucan at all, is the unique aspect of the two being their beak/bill which is pretty loose since it's unique for a lot of birds.
>>
>>29254187
Pikipek could never live up to the expectations set by Smogon Bird.
>>
File: RUINED.png (21KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
RUINED.png
21KB, 256x256px
JUST FUCK MY BRO UP
>>
>>29254241
Im not defending this garbitch. Just saying toucans are more related to woodpeckers than people think they are.

But I did wanted Mega Scrafty
>>
>>29252945

People aren't saying that they don't like when something evolves into different species. They are saying they really wanted a fully evolved Woodpecker mon and a separate fully evolved Tucan.

I don't think that is a bad thing. Certain animals are unique enough to carry an evolutionary line without changing into something of a different species. A fully evolved Woodpecker could easily have been some kind of steel type, there is a lot of options for the design that could have looked cool. A fully evolved Tucan could have had a more colorful or unique design than what we got. The Tucan design that we actually got suffers because they used a woodpecker as the first stage.

People are just saying that it is a waste of potential for two good bird lines instead of one not so great one.
>>
>>29254348
Well thats bullshit.

Who, WHO would have had a problem with a drill beaked pileated woodpecker evo? There are many different species of woodpecker too yet they choose to make it an entirely different looking bird that is from an entirely different family of birds? Motherfuckers.

>muh muh they're related

Shut. The. fuck. UP cucks.
>>
>>29254449
Fuck

Ignore that last bit
>>
Who cares, its just the regional bird
>>
>>29253300
This tbham famalam, its literally just my moms toucan
>>
>>29254449
Its literally like saying both meerkats and tigers are carnivora.

> i.e. barely saying anything at all.
>>
>>29254462
I would be happy if It's like Swellow or Noctowl and it's just a 2stager that happens to have a nice Toucan at it's side on the dex.
>>
Lol it don't matter what they do, you faggots will complain. "It's too over designed eww it's a digimon" then they make them not so complicated and "it's literally my moms toucan, it needs more edge and shit"
>>
>>29252945
>a gun evolves into an artillery piece
>>
>>29253300
This is probably my biggest complaint, just like everyone else. The final stage is literally my mom's toucan. It is just a 1:1 representation of an actual toucan. Maybe its animations add more to it, maybe it has some traits that we can't garner from the model alone, but just looking at it? It's a toucan with absolutely no other flavor. The surprise of going from woodpecker to toucan is probably the whole point of it, but that doesn't cut it. Even if it just retained a little bit of the woodpecker theme so that it was part woodpecker and part toucan, like the red crest, it would be somewhat interesting.
This really reminds me of Wingull>Pelipper - it evolves into a totally different species for essentially no reason. At least in that case, they were both stylized and made into something more (stripes and coloring giving a "sailor" theme, anatomy and proportions being somewhat unique)

>>29253402
Shut the fuck up, nobody is arguing that Gen I Pokemon looked more like animals. There are some people who are mad about the object-themed Pokemon (which have always been around and I actually really like), and some who are angry about the newer art style (Which has a lot more smoothed lines and cartoony proportions, whereas Gen I had rougher, jagged lines and more Toriyama-esque style), but hardly anything from Gen I was just a direct representation of an animal. The only one I can think of is Seel, and even then it at least has minor additions to make it special, which this toucan does not.
>>
>>29254627
>Even if it just retained a little bit of the woodpecker theme so that it was part woodpecker and part toucan, like the red crest, it would be somewhat interesting.
Now I'm mad they didn't do this if they REALLY wanted to make pikipek a toucan. like a woodpecker with just a really huge toucan like bill.
>>
>>29254437

I'm way more fond of Crustacean-Hariyama than I am Mom's-Toucan
>>
File: HNI_0020.jpg (168KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0020.jpg
168KB, 613x560px
There is nothing wrong with the Toucan. Go back to bed, /vp/.
>>
File: 1475400704494.png (190KB, 453x435px)
1475400704494.png
190KB, 453x435px
>>29253372
Maybe not if he gets the memeowl. But he definitely wont be getting cool Alolan Muk because he already has one, or an early Grubbin because he already has Pikachu.
>>
>>29254556
Except that the second stage lacks any kind of character or uniqueness because it has to bridge the fucking gaping gulf that is pikipek---------------------------[gulf]----------------------------------toucan.

THIS is what a baby toucan looks like. Nothing fucking like pikipek at all. Could have been cute as its own separate pokemon with a banana beak. But no. Lets fucking stick as many disparate species into one line as we can.

The difference between this and the other regional birds is apart from pidove, they ALL become raptoral birds which do look kinda cute and fluffy as younger birds. Idk idk im jist fucking confused m8s.
>>
>>29254619
Also both species are known to have suckers.
>>
>>29254769
You forgot your image, but yeah baby toucans already have massive oversized beaks and look like tiny dinosaurs
>>
>>29253215
Get some bleach ready.
>>
File: toucan2.jpg (19KB, 300x264px)
toucan2.jpg
19KB, 300x264px
>>29254863
Thank you anon. This
>>
The red coloring moves down the body and out its ass as it evolves.
>>
Even if they insisted on having a woodpecker evolve into a toucan they could have bridged that gap a lot better
Like hey, the first form pecks through trees, you could make the toucan's beak machete-themed so that it slices through trees instead! Give it all the standard slicing moves or something I dunno
I just don't see anything fun or interesting about this except that it evolves from a woodpecker, they tried to be weird but then tried to play it safe at the same time and it just feels out of place
>>
>>29254980
XD this this XD
>>
>>29253063
>makes this statement
>by doing so is incoherently bitching over petty shit
>pot calls the kettle black

Never change, /vp/ never change.
>>
>>29253656
>its most defining feature - the bill - isn't even remotely hinted at by the first two evolutions
Uhhhh, pretty sure the most defining part of a woodpecker is the beak too, because they're known for pecking wood.

>The other regional birds don't have anywhere near as drastic of a change, thus they all look for more natural of a progression. All their beaks keep the basic shape and placement on the face.
Fearow, Pelipper and Talonflame disagree. Or even, look at Spearow and Fearow: One is a sparrowhawk and the other one is a stork. A woodpecker evolving into a toucan makes more sense than that, and i've never seen anyone complain about Fearow.
>>
File: Keith.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Keith.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Who's idea was it to make him a pokemon?
>>
>>29255066
>by doing so is incoherently bitching over petty shit

I'm not that anon, but no, they're not? There's absolutely nothing specific in that statement you're quoting, aside from a dislike of this new Pokemon and disdain for people who like it.
You're seriously pulling this shit out of thin air and claiming that anyone disagreeing with you is "incoherently bitching over petty shit" by default. That's fucking crazy.
That Anon was being an ass, sure, and you could have just called them out on that, but you're taking it to the next level, Anon. None of our statements mean anything, get over yourself
>>
>>29252898
They R E A L L Y fucked that one up

>oh wait the rest of the dex too
>>
It's not even that I hate all the new pokemon, I'm just indifferent to almost all of them and only really like 6 or 7 of them
>>
>>29252898
when dumb asses assumed a regional bird would stay the same species all the way through
>>
>>29254381
People hated Smogonbird from it's design to its awful name. Most were disappointed we were finally getting a non-legendary fire/flying and it was a regional shitmon.

It's ability is what saved it and that's what people feared was going to happen to Pikipek, a boring bird who becomes a boring bigger bird that is only interesting because metagame stats. We atleast got a Toucan out of it and people are still furious and hate that the Toucan is a shitmon.

Pikipek was never going to win because no one had any expectations for it.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.