[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they EVER stop trying to pander to genwunners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 1018161400.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1018161400.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Will they EVER stop trying to pander to genwunners?
>>
>>29252450
Never ever
>>
But every game is the same as gen 1
>>
They tried in Black/White and people bitched about it nonstop.
>>
>inb4 "BUT ITS LE 20TH ANNIVERSARY XDD"
>>
>>29252862
Do Genwunners even buy the games or do they just bitch about them?
>>
>>29252862
What? BW was an attempt at recreating the feeling of gen 1. Thats why there were only Unova pokemon in them. And a lot of Unova pokemon seemed like obvious gen 1 pokemon rip offs.
>>
>>29253382
I'm not sure. Supposedly nips liked Gen 5 a lot more than Westerners did, so there's that.

But seriously, it's because gen 1 Pokemon are the most recognizable and it's incredibly easy to market them. It's still annoying that we have to go through another gen of it though.
>>
>>29252450
Aren't there empty lots in other cities too though?

>>29253382
They just bitch about them. It's a fucking shame though, we'll likely never get something like that again because of how badly received they were because "oh no where are muh gen one pokemons".

I seriously don't understand why Gamefreak thinks it's a good idea to pander to genwunner idiots. Unless they just make carbon copies of RGB people will scream and cry because it isn't their childhood.
>>
It's a Machamp, tamping the ground flat. This never happened in Gen1.
>>
>>29252450
This was supposed to be Gen 2's turn. God damn it Game Freak, you guys had one job.
>>
>>29253488
You're right.
>>
>>29253469
Re-remaking gen 1 wouldn't be an awful idea, especially since it's the whole deal about everything being (non-chibi) 3D.

I don't know about re-remaking gen 2 but I think gen 1 wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
>>29252450
Only if Sun & Moon will have shit sales, which I severely hope it will. New region and all is nice but shit amount of Pokémon and Kanto pandering is cancer.
>>
>>29253544
Gen 2 is irrelevant.
>>
GEN 1 PANDERING MAKES THEM THE MOST MONEY

COME TO TERMS WITH IT ALREADY
>>
>>29253596
I suppose. FRLG can hardly be considered modern anymore.
>>
File: 1460268427295.jpg (17KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1460268427295.jpg
17KB, 276x268px
No.

And they'll never realize what actually made Gen 1 so good either.
>>
>>29253612
>Sun and Moon
>shit sales
We know it's not going to happen, anon. Especially not after Go.
>>
File: Tumblr_mi7z4qMjms1s5bl7qo1_500.gif (306KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_mi7z4qMjms1s5bl7qo1_500.gif
306KB, 500x415px
>>29253488
No, but that Machop was, remember?
>>
i find it disgusting too, fucking genwunners
>>
>>29253716
They came out as remakes in gen 3 and gen 3 just got its own remake its so old.
>>
>>29253612
>>29253735
Even if the game was shit (b-b-but they've been shit for years!) it'd still sell like hotcakes because everyone's got a boner from GO.

It certainly doesn't hurt that this is one of the best looking main games ever
>>
>>29253446
>>29253469
When I bought and first started playing BW it took me at least a few days to realize how there were no old Pokemon.
That gave the game a new dimension and made it unique and I really loved it.

Why is GF so hellbent on pleasing a group that doesn't appreciate their efforts?
The declining sales should have told them already that they will never get every RGB player back and they should just stop with it. Even the PokemonGO hype is gone.
>>
>>29253612
The game's pretty much guaranteed to sell over 10 million copies during its lifetime.
>>
>>29253722
Pokemon wasn't exactly new during it's time. GSC just feel way more complete and are just way better games. GF are just bad programmers.
>>
>>29252450

Stop this meme, GF literally can't even prepare decent event or an dlc for 3ds... Why you are surprised
>>
So how many of you immediately went to see if there was something under the trucks?
>>
>>29253752
This machop was forced to move to aloa and now he is lost looking at the void.
>>
>>29252450
>Will Gen 1 ever stop being the best?

No

Blame it on the other gens being so terrible their only place is in the shadow of best gen.

Fans know it.
Nintendo knows it.
Only poke hipsters on vp still deny that Gen 1 is the best and rightfully earns its role as the main Gen of pokemon.

That's right.

All the rest of the gens are secondary gens, Gen 1 is the main gen, you could scrub off all the other gen's pokemon and changes and start from from Gen 1 all over again, because Gen 1 is the real core of the franchise.
>>
>>29254163
Try harder next time, this is barely entry level.
>>
>>29253752
In my opinion little nods to old games are great. But yeah, it's really obvious they are trying to drag gen wuns back into the series.

There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that, the issue I'm seeing is how much gen wunners hate change and progression and bitch about anything that doesn't remind them of their childhood.

Really feels like this gaming generation, especially Nintendo, has focused heavily on nostalgia.
>>
>>29253612
While I'm disappointed in how new few Pokémon there are, I'm very pleased with them overall. Besides, the non-Pokémon parts of the game looks amazing, and I'd hate for Game Freak and other involved parties to see it in a negative light due to low sales. I do agree about the Generation I pandering, but do you really think that will be the thing they ditch if Sun and Moon somehow failed to meet expectations.
>>
>>29254268
That's why future funk and vapor wave are so popular right now and why it's so full of hipsters.
We are also about to have a 2000's revival.
>>
>>29254268
How would a genwunner know unless they already bought the game?
>>
>>29254678
Genwunners grew up to have successful social lives and have friends who are on various social media where they pick up little things like this.
>>
the worst part about gen 1 pandering is with the alola forms
most of them they didn't do anything to dramatic because they didn't want to trigger people on the pokemon facebook page

and then its game freak so they made like 10 forms then called it a day
>>
>>29255058
>most of them they didn't do anything to dramatic because they didn't want to trigger people on the pokemon facebook page
a lot of the forms are dramatic though

or I guess, "dramatic" towards a "serious" design
>>
>>29253648
Yet the games associated with Gen 2 are considered among the best in the series
>>
>>29252862
But most of BW's dex was a reskin of Kanto's
>>
>>29255240
by who

you?
>>
>>29255325
Not him but I'd say a large part of the core fanbase rate GSC and HGSS highly
>>
>>29255806
I don't remember any specific reasoning but for some reason I remember not liking GSC as much as I liked RBY or RSE. It was still good though.
>>
>>29255981
>tfw you never played RSE because you skipped one handheld generation
>>
>>29253444
Problem is most of them had pretty shit ass designs.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.