/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think dataminers should be credited for the work they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: verlisify jerk.png (151KB, 708x882px) Image search: [Google]
verlisify jerk.png
151KB, 708x882px
Do you think dataminers should be credited for the work they do?
I personally do, and if you don't do it I consider you an asshole.
>>
>>29251828
No. It's not their own creation. They don't own it.
>>
all people should be credited for the work they do. It's a part of being a civilized human.
>>
>>29251828
Neither should get any credit
>>
Someone tell Kaphotics to DMCA Verlis, shit would be hilarious.
>>
Well, of course. That is source citing 101. There's nothing wrong with using someone else's content (they didn't make the demo but they invested time in collecting and presenting data), but it's like no fucking effort to say where you got the info from. Jesus christ.
>>
YouTubers never give credit and they mostly plagiarize ideas in the first place.
>>
>>29251828
Yes, if you use what they have found.
>>29251894
They credit is not for creating the pokemon, it's for making the programs to access the data.
>>
>>29251828
Running an program they didn't make on data someone else stole isn't really worth of praise.
>>
>>29251828
I thank them for ending the agony of the unknown and helping me decide on not to purchase more shitty games. Not credit them
>>
>>29251828
Holy shit he's the biggest faggot I've ever seen. He literally JUST said he wishes dataminers didn't exist. He's fucking CANCER
>>
File: scrafty.png (13KB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
scrafty.png
13KB, 276x260px
They can eat shit and die
>>
extracting files from a CIA by decrypting it and putting it on your PC is not a lot of work
Its not like they sat there for countless of hours.

literally takes 10-20min?
If u wanna credit someone then thank the devs that made the programms which actually let u look at the models themselves (ex. Ohana)
>>
>>29251894
That's retarded.
Obviously they don't own it but they did find it.
It's like saying a journalist shouldn't get credit because they're only distributing the news.
>>
>>29251977
using screen captures from another youtube video in a monetized video is ez dmca
>>
>>29251894
Much how in the same way that if you don't make the burgers at burger king, you shouldn't be paid for taking the orders and working the drive through, since ya know, you weren't the one to make the burger.
>>
>>29251977
This. And the fact that they get butthurt over not getting credited shows that they're just attention whores and deserve to be actively snubbed from getting credit.
>>
>>29251828
yes, game freak shouldnt have been retarded and left the code in the game
>>
>>29251828
>Should they be credited for illegally breaking into a game's code and distributing NDA tier content a month before release?
Gee anon, that's a tough one.
>>
>>29252116
pretty sure they didnt care about the dataminers per se and simply tried to reduce the filesize by taking stuff out that is not nescessary
>>
Dataminers should be credited. Every Pokemon news youtuber is a parasite so none will credit anything.
>>
>>29251828
When it comes down to shady stuff like this it really depends on if the leaker wants to be credited or not.
In this case they want to, and then credit should be given.
>>
>>29252235
Yeah, I'd like to see them credited too so maybe Game Freak knows who to file the lawsuit against.
>>
>>29252158
Wrong. The Pokemon data itself takes up no space. And they replaced all Pokemon's info/stats with Pikachu's rather than actually removing it, that doesn't save any space. They clearly wanted to prevent datamining.
>>
>>29252340
You can't sue them for something like this? wat.
It's software distributed online for free through e-Shop and if there are unable to censor stuff in their own game its their own fault

Also modification of hardware and software is allowed under European Law as long as its your own (demo is free)
>>
>>29252079
Don't you need to give up your personal information for that?
If that's the case I can see why they won't do that.
>>
>>29252412
>e Pokemon data itself takes up no space. And the
why did they leave the pokedex entries then
seems legit retarded imo
>>
Not sure why GF was gullible enough to keep the data in a demo file though. makes no sense from a dev point of view. the game should be able to just run a missingno-type solution when missing something.
They really need to put iwata back in the dev team.
>>
>>29252568
>iwata

muh feels
>>
>>29252568
The thing is that they tried so hard to scrub the data out.

They just forgot to scrub the most important data out, the sprites.
>>
>>29252568

Missingno was filler data, the same way Pikachu data is being used.
>>
>>29252568
GF are inept, news at 11
>>
>>29252507
Incompetence. Just because they didn't manage to remove everything doesn't mean they didn't try.
>>
>>29252568
>makes no sense from a dev point of view.
that's GF for you
>>
File: 212121.png (143KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
212121.png
143KB, 565x600px
>>29251828
>verlis "I complain about clickbait but do it myself" ify
>verlis "every shiny is hacked" ify
>>
>>29253238
I can see some of his points regarding cheating in tournaments, but he is absolutely a hypocritical scumbag as you demonstrated. Which is a shame since it undermines some of his valid points.
>>
>>29253238
>>29254362
Aye, I watched some of his videos cause I actually liked his competitive speculations.

But I quickly realized what a clickbaity faggot he was, especially with his rambling to surpass the 10 minute mark at times to get youtube bucks.

Then I saw some videos of people complaining over him stealing shit and being a hypocritical douche and now I just want youtube to stop suggesting the videos he puts out every fucking day.
>>
>>29252061
>models
Ohana was not used to look at the dex images, and Kaphotics and SciresM made the programs to look and extract gen 6 and 7 data.
>>
>>29251828
>Verlis claims dataminers are cancer who ruin hype and are doing illegal things in order to leak and are as bad as pirates and hackers in his view
>will still steal their information and make a video about it to get those views

Someone make a fake DMCA takedown on behalf of TPCi and watch him shit himself over it.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.