[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>'Toucans and Woodpeckers are closely related'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1476816146624.png (102KB, 271x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476816146624.png
102KB, 271x500px
END THIS FUCKING MEME!!!

They belong to the same fucking order or sub-order if you want to be generous. Thats about as closely related as a hyena, a lion and a meerkat. Would you defend that as an evolution line?

The second stage and third stage look barely related. The second stage has a slim beak and a larger crest than pikipek, then when it evolves it loses this crest and takes on a huuuuge bill. Fucking incongruous. Fucking gamefreak cunts.
>>
>>29250949
I DON'T CARE
I WANT WOODY
>>
>>29250949
Remoras and Octopus
Pirrahna and Sharks
>>
We have mice that become rabbits and fish that become octopuses on the shittiest excuses ever and you decide to come at two birds known world wide for how they use their sharp beaks?
>>
More closely related than pirahnas and sharks are
>>
>>29251077
Did I ever say I liked these lines?
>>
Forgot the fucking biology, from a design perspective the third stage just seems to ditch what the second stage builds upon the first.
>>
>>29251123
Sorry, I forgot that it's all about you.
My bad.
>>
>>29251065
>sharp beaks

Have you been bitten by a Toucan? Compared to a parrot that shit tickles. Toucans also don't drill holes into trees, they use their bills for reaching for food.
>>
The game gave archeopteryx the ability to fly.
While that's only twice as bad as making velociraptor fly that's still incredibly bad.
But who gives a fuck, why do you give a fuck.
>>
>>29251191
Are they good designs?
>>
>Woodpeckers and Toucans aren't closely related at all!
>Foxes and dogs aren't closely related at all!
This is how you sound. It's Pokémon, they can stretch things.
>>
>>29251202
I don't rally care how effective the beak is and I didn't really say anything about that in the first place.
I said sharp, and its sharp.
A lot of sharp things don't cut things
I hate how pedantic this place is
>>
>>29250949
>He's about to evolve into a woodpec-BAHK IT'S ME THE WILDCARD PELICAN *pecks you in the dick*
>>
Toucans and woodpeckers look far more different than foxes and dogs go fuck yourself.
>>
>>29250949
I like the toucan design, but I really dislike it being the final-evo of a woodpecker. oh well

pokémon is full of things like that, we have a piranha evolving into a (half) shark, a line which is essentially a mix of dogs/wolves and hyenas and eevee's family, a mix of many types of mammalians, plus one of its evolutions looks part-fish
>>
File: pidove.png (137KB, 900x345px) Image search: [Google]
pidove.png
137KB, 900x345px
So what?
There's a lot of evolution lines that cross real life species.
>>29251123
No, but you'd be an idiot to expect that they're unhallowed or shouldn't do it.

So they're not the same. So what?
>>
>>29250949
Well it's a good thing they're Pokemon and not real animals. We almost broke the Theory of Evolution. Wew.
>>
>>29250949
Would you defend a Lizard evolving into a Dragon?
Would you defend a fish evolving into a serpent?
Would you defend a swine evolving into a mammoth?
>>
Robins and peregrine falcons are less closely related and look at Gen 6.
>>
I don't care if they're closely related or not lol that toucan looks lije fucking SHIT

S
H
I
T
>>
>>29251236
That really depends on taste. I love them but you already said you hated them so, you're really just throwing a fit because gamefreak didn't appeal to your personal expectations.
>>
>>29251293
Oh ok so you're just retarded.
>>
SPARROW TO EAGLE
HAWK TO STORK
SEAGULL TO PELICAN
STARLING TO HAWK
PIGEON TO PHEASANT
DUCK TO SWAN
ROBIN TO FALCON
>>
>>29251400
Woodpecker to my mom's toucan
>>
the strangest of all is clamperl
>>
>>29251322
The difference is this is a three stage line where the first two stages look very similar and the second stage still has a slim beak and crest. Then when it evolves again, welp. Drop all that shit its a TOUCAN.
>>
>>29251400
This: >>29251438
>>
The problem isn't a woodpecker becoming a toucan

The problem is the woodpecker becoming a toucan that looks NOTHING LIKE IT

All personality Pikipek has is GONE
>>
>>29250949
>Thats about as closely related as a hyena, a lion and a meerkat. Would you defend that as an evolution line?
Sure, if they otherwise are designed to be related. You autists need to understand that these aren't 1:1 animal representations and there have been so many instances of a Pokemon mostly based on one animal evolving into a Pokemon mostly based on a different animal since literally gen 1 that I have no idea how this sort of thing can bother you on principle.
>>
>wahhh why didn't it just turn into a bigger woodpecker
>why don't pokemon just evolve into the same species every time
>>
>>29251461
>Then it evloves again

Yep, that's how it works
>>
>>29251517
This. If Toucanvstill evoked pikipek in any way i wouldnt mind so much.

Btw im not saying that they cant evolve into each othet because not closely related enough, it wasvmore how people are throwing this up as a defense of the toucan when it still has such a DULL design. Remains to be seen what kt is like in motion but i cant see this thing still having skill link either.
>>
>>29251538
True desu actually. If thet actually fit together yeah thats fine. Tgis line does a fuxking huge uturn by the third stage.
>>
>>29251400
Mouse to Rabbit
Jellyfish to Squid
Bass to Oarfish
>>
>I hate this IT JUST GETS BIGGER meme! Make it something different!
>WHOA don't do it to THAT one though!!
>>
>>29251603
Stop posting until you learn to type, please.
>>
>>29250949
I mean we went from a pigeon to a pheasant before so why be surprised.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.