[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone talked about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161018_112015.jpg (97KB, 960x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_112015.jpg
97KB, 960x905px
I know a lot of us, including me, are bummed about the quantity of new mons, but has no one found out the reason why there's so many empty black spots in the sprite file? New mons?
>>
Totems. Wishiwashi doesn't have one because the Wishiwashi totem is instead permalocked in School Form.
>>
>>29248748
Totems, anon
>>
Totem version and Shiny Totem version?
Seeing as they appear next to pokemon we already serve as Totem Pokemon it is a logical step and not a straw-grasping leap that requires lots of mental gymnastics.
>>
I guess, but even then they didn't say, the hackers not the stupid poketuber scum, it was the full pokedex and proved it with Marshadow's evo not being there despite the other twos PLUS showing off the other fully evolved alolan mons data-entries or whatever.
>>
>>29248789
>>29248791
>>29248807
>muh totems
This is the most pathetic assumption I've heard. You don't need a whole nother sprite for what's literally a bigger version of the same mon, especially when they're just black squares taking up space. It's bullshit.
>>
>>29250087
Yeah, but the totems most likely count as an alternate form internally, so the image is put there to keep in line with the data structure.
>>
>>29250087
the dataminers literally said that it's highly likely they're totems.

context is key
>>
>>29250171
But why the need for Shiny Totems if you can't catch them
>>
>>29250339
placeholder, no crashes
>>
>>29250171
Highly likely or they're grasping for an excuse as to why they couldn't get the data?
>>
>>29250087
Have you played the demo? The totem Pokemon look like they have a slightly different texture along with the glowing effect.
>>
>>29250595
You seem to be the one that's grasping at straws right now.
>>
>>29250679
Naw dude I'm just confused as to why totem Pokemon would need their own decisions entries when literally the only difference is a larger model and an aura effect

But what do I know, I'll never be world famous hacker 4chan.
>>
>>29250665
effect =/= texture
>>
>>29250367
But totems aren't randomized wild encounters. That's like saying Lillie should have a shiny, just in case.
>>
>>29250764
BECAUSE THEY ARE ALTERNATE FORMS.

Every alternate form has its separate data. However, you can't catch totems, no they are registered in the dex, that's why game Freak didn't make sprites for them. However, they needed a placeholder to prevent the game from crashing.
>>
>>29250764
The only other plausible explanation is that they're gender differences + the 2 zygarde formes.

There's a lot of valid points on this one, like how Hakamo-o doesn't have a totem sprite filler like the rest and how Raticate (an alolan with gender differences on the base form) has it, but everyone insists that totems just have unique IDs and so require crash handlers in team preview.

BTW, these black spots aren't "failed" datamines, that's LITERALLY the file in the game. There are files that are literally black squares in those slots. There's no hidden info, that's what Gamefreak put there.
>>
I actually don't think this is the national dex. I think this is the island dex. Kalos was split into 3 dexes and I think the same thing happened here with the islands.

I think they just put the data for one island in the demo and that's why there are holes.
>>
>>29251036
Can you image this tho holy shit. It seems a bit too big to be a single island dex, but maybe there are overlappings?

Ok I'm grasping at straws here, I just haven't accepted this shitty ass dex
>>
>>29248789
>I have that excuse that doesn't work at all but I have some vague fanfic so ti's true!
no, you are a faggot.
>>
>>29251678
I'm ok with the number of new Pokemon, but more kanto mons than alola native ones? What the fuck, this isn't FRLG.
>>
>>29248748
It's possible, but I'm not going to say for sure.
Could be just something as simple as gender variations or dummy spaces.
>>
>>29251678
that's what I'm thinking. that there is overlap and the dex's share some files, files that are needed by the game to make the demo work.
>>
>>29250087
Maybe that's the thing, they DON'T have a sprite, hence the black picture. Just to avoid them getting issues with programming.
>>
>>29250087
Totems are larger. Totems have aura.
Please tell us your grand theory, oh wise sperglord.
>>
>>29248791
>>29248789
>>29250063
>totems
Fucking retards.

the pseudo legends second stage has a totem form, and it's not listed at all in there.

If anything it'd be gender differences, but then that doesn't explain the Zygarde blanks.
>>
>>29250820

>He has no idea how programming works.
>>
>>29251984
>totems have aura
Clearly you haven't played the demo, they get the aura after the fight is started. "sperglord"
>>
>>29248748
So, I have two questions that came up when looking at the complete Pokedex.

First, Greninja obviously isn't in it. So, I'm guessing that just means it cannot be caught, and Ash-Greninja will have a ??? Next to its Pokedex number until you get the national Dex yeah?

Second, why does Spinda have two forms? There is a model similar to the XY model, but also one with an open mouth. Male/Female difference?
>>
>>29251036
The dex of a single island would only have one totem.
>>
>>29252142
It's obvious you don't.
>>
>>29252155
Deflecting because you have no valid response. Classic.
>>
>>29250820
You can't hack the game to have Lillie in your party
>>
>>29250820
Anything you battle has a shiny, which is why Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini had shinies despite never being able to encounter one, as did Floette-Eternal and the BW2 Pokestar not-Pokemon.
>>
File: image.png (199KB, 610x1570px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
199KB, 610x1570px
They're pretty fucking obviously totems. You think it's a coincidence Raticate, Gumshoos, and Lurantis happen to have spaces behind them?
>>
>>29252404
>7 totems for the 7 trial captains
This makes sense.
>>
>>29252404
Only 7 totems, this is going to be a quick game.
>>
>>29252404
My guess is that girl from the newest trailer is the ghost captain.
>>
They're totems. They come after Alolan Raticate, Gumshoos, Vikavolt, Lurantis, Salandit2, Mimikyu, and Kommo-o.

Ilima = Raticate or Gumshoos
Mallow = Lurantis
Lana = Wishiwashi (already huge and locked in School Form, so it doesn't need an extra model)
Kiaew = Salandit2
Sophocles = Vikavolt
Ghost Girl = Mimikyu
Dragon or Fighting captain = Kommo-o

The blank spaces next to Zygarde are strange, but my guess would that the Core and Cell show up in battle somehow, but aren't usable so they don't get dex sprites.

Also, the two blank sprites have to be a regular and shiny coloring, they can't be gender differences or else there'd be four blank sprites. One for each combo of gender and color.

Now you could question why the totem Hakamo-o from the demo doesn't have a blank sprite, but Greninja doesn't either and that's in the demo. They probably just didn't think to add one but it's demo-only and only a hacker could catch it. You have a dex at the time either.
>>
>>29252467
>Only 8 gyms, this is going to be a quick game.

The length of the "league" has never had a bearing on story length.
>>
>>29252404
>7 trials claim from the previews last week was true

FUCK
>>
>>29248748
Is there an icon for Ash-Greninja?

Are there icons for any Megas?

Is it possible we have some new Megas?
>>
>>29252404
>Kiawe or whatever
>Salanslut
This is really wrong.
Kiawe's been linked with Turtinator and A-Marowak. I doubt the totem for his trial isn't going to be either of those.

>Kommo-o
Wasn't there a totem of his mid evo in the demo?
Why wouldn't that have a space?
>>
>>29252558
There are icons for megas, but only the ones likely to be in the Alola dex. Nothing listed that has a mega is missing its mega, and there are no megas missing its main form.
Greninja and A-Greninja aren't listed at all.
>>
>>29252654
It's not his own personal Pokemon that would be the totem, rather something that's probably native to that area.
>>
>>29252654
His Pokemon is Marowak. But it doesn't mean the Totem for his trial is Marowak.

Turtonator is just anime only shit, it's not like Mallow has Tsareena as her totem instead of Lurantis just because she has a bounsweet the anime
>>
>>29250087
>You don't need a whole nother sprite for what's literally a bigger version of the same mon

You also don't need a whole 28 sprites for all the different Minior forms when the shell is always the same color and the shiny core is always black, yet there they are. Every form has its own sprite, some of them are duplicates because the models are identical, and some are blacked out because you can't actually use those forms in battle, but they still need an image to be associated with each form just in case somebody fucks around with the game and gives themself a Pokémon they shouldn't have.

And do you really think it's a coincidence that every single confirmed totem besides Wishiwashi just so happens to have a number of blacked out sprites after it identical to the number of forms it has? Or that the evolved form of the one Totem in the demo also has blacked out sprites after it? Put two and two together.
>>
>>29252672
It might be a stretch, but in ORAS we had new Megas that were not in the Hoenn Dex (e.g. Lopunny, Steelix).

I take it that's still possible?
>>
>>29252813
Anything's possible, I suppose. I wouldn't set myself up for disappointment.
>>
>>29252404
>7 trial captains
But fucking how?

We've seen shit that seems to be tied to the trail captains we've seen so far, minus Ghost Girl and whatever the Kommo-o one would be on the first two islands ALONE.

We've barely even touched anything on the third, fuckhuge island in previews.
There's no way that there's only 2 remaining trail captains AND they're split between the two remaining islands.

There's gotta be something else to this.
Maybe these 7 are the only ones that are Alolan pokemon? I mean, it doesn't make sense that any Totem wouldn't be a new pokemon, but it's the only explanation I can think of that'd make sense.
That there ARE other Totems/trials, but they're using past generation Pokemon.
>>
But there's a flying trial captain reveled in the trailer at the end of the demo
>>
>>29252943
Not 7 trial captains.
7 Totem Pokemon.
The rest of the trials can be gathering sidequests from dungeons and shit, actual head-to-head battles, etc.
JFC it doesn't have to be 1-1.
Salandit's evo might be Poison totem, not fire, and Vikavolt for BUG and not electric just to fucking start.
Hell, we already know 5 trial captains, with a ghost one in the trailer and presumably a ground one as well, with a Jangmo-o line totem that none can be attributed to.
>>
>>29252979
The new trailer had 3 new people:
>Ghost Girl
>Flying Man (with a Pelippeper)
>Ride Girl (with a Mudsdale)

I assume ride girl isn't a captain, but rather the one who gets you the ability to use rides.

Flying Man seems pretty imposing. He's certainly either a trial captain, or a kahuna.
he's old enough to be a Kahuna from the looks of it. Apparently Olivia is abnormally young for a Kahuna, and the flying guy looks older than her.

>>29253248
Pretty sure they said that every trial ends with a Totem pokemon, even the fetch quest ones.
Lana's is a fetch quest, but we know it ends with the Lurantis totem fight.
>>
I'm surprised why there is no images for the rest of the pokemon.
inb4 there is twice as much new pokemon
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.