[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Predictions for the remainder of Gen 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Gen7.png (142KB, 587x404px) Image search: [Google]
Gen7.png
142KB, 587x404px
2017: Pokemon Red/Blue re-remakes (3DS/NX) (Not saying I support this because I'm getting pretty tired of all the kanto pandering too, but there is evidence of it happening.)
>In 2017, a new pokemon game was rumored to be coming to the NX and that it was being developed by GameFreak, meaning it will most likely be a core-series game rather than a spinoff
>It will still be on the 3DS with an HD version avaliable for the NX
>The last time we had remakes of Gen 1 was back in Gen 3, which itself has received remakes in the last gen
>Remakes of Red/Blue would make it possible to catch the non-alola forms of kanto pokemon without having to transfer from gen 6.
>The re-introduction of Mega Evolution with new megas for pokemon like Butterfree, Fearow, Machamp, and other pokemon who have yet to receive either a mega or a regional variant.
>Since the grid system has been removed in Gen 7, I could see many towns and routes in Kanto receiving overhauls in their layouts with the map being mostly the same.
>Post-game will allow players to explore a new area, either the sevii islands, Johto, or a new place entirely.

2018: Pokemon Eclipse (3DS/NX)
>Main story will focus on Marshadow and its evolved form presumably.
>Takes place sometime after the events of Sun and Moon, in which an official league now exists with 8 gym leaders and an elite four. Many of the trial captains will opt in to become gym leaders and the kahunas will make up the elite four.
>Team Skull/Aether (whoever ends up being the evil team at this point) plans on using Marshadow to take over Alola and most likely the world.
>Post game will allow the players to visit a new battle frontier and possibly a new area to explore. In addition, all mega stones including the ones from the RB remakes will be available to purchase at the battle frontier.
>>
>>29248373
Dumbass, you can get all old kanto mons via RBY on VC, thats why they made the connection

there wont be third version of SM
>>
>>29248373
What about Kanto forms?
>>
Also an idea i've had, memory link returns in Eclipse and you can link up with your SM save file. If you do this, you can battle with your character from SM with his/her clothes. If you do not use memory link, he/she will be wearing default clothes.
>>
I think Z is going to come next after S/M. It'd be weird but with Kalos feeling so unfinished and the new Zygardes coming in this game it points towards us going back to Kalos next.
>>
>He thinks there will be a "third version", despite them historically selling poorly, and ignoring that Game Freak hasn't done one in 8 years.
>Remakes right after the VC release
>Thinking they will magically have NX versions mid-Generation
>He thinks there will be remakes again, after how OR/AS was two years late for its anniversary, clearly indicating GF wasn't even originally going to remake those.
>He thinks Gen 7 will last more than two years, despite the fact that we only have a single Event support it into 2017, and nothing beyond.

Anybody with a fucking brain knows that Gen 8 will be on NX in 2018. I'm baffled as to why people believe shit like whats in the OP, with the only evidence being decade-old patterns that GF stopped following ages ago.
>>
File: 1475051231065.png (30KB, 158x137px)
1475051231065.png
30KB, 158x137px
>>29248578
I agree with most of what you said, but ORAS wasn't remade during Gen 5 because you could still play GBA games on the DS. The whole reason the remakes exist are because you can't play them on the latest systems.
>>
>>29248578
>gen 8 in 2018
>2 years after gen 7 launch

kek
>>
>>29248670
Yes. We have one event for 2017, and then nothing past that. We also have an official statement about the next Pokémon game being developed for the NX.

This isn't some tinfoil hat conspiracy, this is literally being told flat-out that Gen 7 is only being supported for two years, before we get Pokémon on the next Nintendo console.
>>
Hoping for both DP remakes and RB remakes. Hopefully both with updated dexes and new regional forms, and new megas too, hopefully. Maybe not a lot.

Then gen 8 in like V years with gen V amounts of new Pokémon.
>>
>>29248373
I just saw this pic in the catalog and kekked uncontrollably

3 years on and megas are still the dumbest idea ever, both in concept and execution
>>
>>29248373
It will more than likely be DP remakes for NX
>>
>>29248655
Thanks to the DS games + Gen 1 VC compatible to Bank, every Gen is playable on current handhelds.

Add that to all my other points.

>>29248725
Are you actually fucking retarded? Do you realize that you're literally suggesting 1-2 Remake games a Generation? Do you realize that Gen 5 was split between two games set 2 years apart, and thus Game "lazy" Freak will never ever remake them? Do you realize there are never going to be more Megas?

>ay yo, what do you want the next pokemon games to be?
>I WANT GEN 4 REMAKES, AND DEN MORE REMAKES AFTER WIV MEGAS LOL

Jesus christ you are why tripfags are presumed ad being idiots.
>>
>>29248373
Pokemon Eclipse Ah Ah
It will be Pokemon Black Hole.
>>
>>29248373
>red blue remake for the NX

F I N A L L Y

a full console pokemon game
>>
>>29248578
>Remakes of Red/Blue would make it possible to catch the non-alola forms of kanto pokemon without having to transfer from gen 6
There's 18 alolan forms. This is completely unnecessary, just put those 18 in the next game. And you can transfer from RBY.
>>
>>29248725
We won't get remakes this gen.
The original Red and Blue are on Virtual Console and you can play Diamond and Pearl on your 3DS since DS games are still comparable with the 3ds.
>>
>>29248846
>Colosseum
>Gale of Darkness
>>
File: 1475710392485.jpg (15KB, 480x162px)
1475710392485.jpg
15KB, 480x162px
>>29248833
>Gamefreak won't remake Gen 4 or Gen 5 games because I said so

People thought the same damn thing about the Hoenn Remakes.

Gen 8 will almost certainly have Gen 4 remakes, especially if the NX won't have compatibility with the NDS, which it most likely won't.
>>
>>29248373
As neat as it'd be to play a fully 3D RB remake (I missed out on Fire Red and Leaf Green), I really doubt they'd remake Red and Blue again
>Hey so you know the games you got to play again last year?
>Well now you can play them again again on a new console in 3D

If they weren't just rereleased on VC, I might think you'd be on to something
>>
>>29248889
please don't compare trash to a masterpiece

those Gamecube games are a lot better than Red and Blue
>>
>>29249049
I know they are anon. Red and Blue are overrated as fuck, and not a single person on /vp/ can justify to me a Gen 1 remake. Theres simply fuck all in Kanto work revisiting.

>muh nostalgia

I hope the Gamecube games get put on the e-store for the NX, now that would be fabulous.
>>
>>29248373
We have already new megas in SM
They're just postgame
>>
>>29248373
>2016
>still believing in 3rd versions
You're basically cucking yourself op
>>
RBY was fucking empty. Literally the only thing they can do is more Mewtwo lore, which i wouldn't mind, but basing an entire game around it? Nah. No thanks. Origins did enough for that besides explaining the Mega.

If we went back to Kanto, I would like a revisit, set after Sun and Moon and they can tie Johto into its lore in a way that makes sense (Like Lugia originally being from there or more war shit). Different maps, new areas, new evil team, etc.
>>
>>29249251
I can justify it
>Hey kids, you know that phone game you enjoyed?
>Well here's a game based on it, just ask your genwunner parents for some money
>>
They could make a game set in Kanto without it being a remake
>>
>>29249543
I know it's not a main game, but Pokkén JUST did a Mewtwo-centric story. Took 20 years, but it happened.

Not even Gen 1 is worth revisiting now that Mewtwo got his spotlight.
>>
I'm fucking sick of remakes
>>
>>29249600
Kanto sequel set like 5 years after GSC could be fun
>>
>>29249543
This. I wouldn't even be mad if they really expanded on Kanto and made it less bland. Change some Gym Leaders, keep Johtos E4 and add some deepestlore, I might accept it. Even then, I would like for Kanto to be a second region, but people would just bitch about not going to Johto. There really is no win here.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.