[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think gamefreak is afraid of reaching 1000 Pokemon? i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (19KB, 176x181px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
19KB, 176x181px
do you think gamefreak is afraid of reaching 1000 Pokemon? i mean 2 gen in a row with under 100 mons
>>
>>29244921
I think they're just giving up on creating more Pokémon.
I'd say Gen V is where their creativity kicked the bucket.
>>
>>29244964
I disagree, IV was the stopping point. I mean, have you ever really looked at Rhyperior?
>>
>>29244921
They are waiting for Gen X.
It's pretty damn obvious.
>>
>>29244921
They tried with Gen V and it was bashed.
And they try at all with Gen VI and people ate that shit up.
No wonder they didn't try this time, all things considered.
>>
It's probably better this way. There's already enough fucking Pokemon and every mon so far has been memorable except for that Koala thing which is the token single stage shitmon
>>
POST MORE AERO ASS
>>
>>29245106
but theres so many more animals that could be made into Pokemon. there's never going to be enough Pokemon
>>
>>29245219
oh man look what i found https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SkZM0Z4S9Q
>>
>>29244993
That dude is my bro. How is he NOT badass?
>>
No. Their uncreative minds are running out of ideas. That's why they restored to waifumons and gimmick single stage mons.

Gen 8 will only have 50 new pokemon and all the shills will be happy with it.
>>
File: 1476135606201.gif (328KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1476135606201.gif
328KB, 1000x773px
>>29244921
>>
Really sucks that we're only getting half gens now. Gen 5 had more pokemon than 6 and 7 combined.

Can we bring the gen 6.5 argument back on the table ?
>>
>>29245808
>Generation 8
>GameFreak says fuck it and makes Red/Blue 2
>takes place in Kanto sometime after Gold/Ethan defeats Red
>Team Rocket resurfaces again wielding the power of Mega Evolution and Z Moves and plans to recover Mewtwo with them
>Region is a mix of Gen 1/2 with Kantonian Variations of crossgen evolutions and popular Pokemon like Lucario, very few Gen 8 Pokemon introduced, at most 25 Pokemon, no new starters
>Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise all get Battle Bond at max happiness, you talk to Oak to get their ability changed, Charizard is blatantly better
>game plays almost 1:1 how the original RB goes, aside from obvious changes (No more Pokemon Tower, Janine instead of Koga, etc)
>>
>>29245814

i dont think you understand how bait works
>>
>>29245739
Opinion discarded. You can't insult Gen V and like fucking Rhyperior. Fuck off.
>>
>>29244921
I think the idea is that they don't want to keep making so much new Pokemon if it means there's going to be so many to keep track of and care about.

So that's why they focus on alternate forms, Mega Evolutions, Alolan Pokemon and whatever. That way you get the illusion that it feels like a full Dex like oh, 70 or so new Pokemon but at least a few dozen modern forms of Kanto Pokemon! or something.
>>
>>29245808
>gen 8
>50 new Pokemon
>i-it's OK guys! quality over quantity, haha right? Hope the story is good!
>gen 9
>30 new Pokemon
>w-w-well it's just because the hardware transition to the NX was too difficult, it's completely understandable!
>gen 10
>14 new Pokemon (just starters and 5 legendaries)
>personally, I'm glad they keep adding less and less Pokemon. Having any more than 20 new pokemon per generation is just too hard to keep up with!
>>
>>29244921
Maybe it's just laziness/cheapness? Nintendo isn't exactly leading the video game biz these days, and it takes a lot more work to put in a pokemon when you have to make a while animated 3d model instead of just front and back sprites
>>
>>29247111
>Nintendo isn't exactly leading the video game biz these days
They aren't in the hardware circlejerk, if that's what you mean
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.