[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola Forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: Alola Form Tiers.png (193KB, 760x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Form Tiers.png
193KB, 760x1384px
So now that the dust has settled, what do you think of Alola Forms, or the concept of Regional Forms in general? Would you like to see more of them in the future? Do you think Game Freak wasted their potential this gen by limiting them to Kanto Pokemon only and having so few of them overall? What Pokemon do you wish had gotten an Alola Form?
>>
Great concept, limited and hit or miss execution.

I hope they do Sinnoh forms and they don't fuck them up.
>>
This can't really be all alola forms, right?

Where's Psychic butterfree?
>>
>>29243536
Complete shit.
>>
>>29243536
I don't think Persian was a gag, just a horrible design choice. Unless it really is a Garfield reference.

And Alolan Exeggutor is still one of the best, despite being a gag.
>>
>>29243536
They are terrible.
Look at them.
They're all OKAY at best.
Ninetales is great but deviates from the original legend. Exeggutor is great but should have just been a Mega.
Every other one is absolutely terrible and a waste of time. EVERY SINGLE ONE IS SHIT LOOK AT THEM FOR FUCK'S SAKE THEY JUST GAVE GOLEM A BEARD IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT IT CAN'T EVEN FUCKING ROLL ANYMORE LIKE A BOULDER

FUCKKKKK
>>
>>29243644
butterfree keeps getting fucked over. feels bad to be a butterfree fag
>>
File: 1474568877193.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474568877193.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
Persian is one of my favorite gen 1 Pokemon
>>
>>29243536
Persian is the only one I really hate. Diglett and Dugtrio look like bruh surf's up
>>
File: dLfPsSw.png (346KB, 786x438px) Image search: [Google]
dLfPsSw.png
346KB, 786x438px
>>29243536
how alola akbar actually tried something tier?
>>
>>29243536
It seems so pointless if they only did it on 10 lines of pokemon.

I mean honestly I'd have prefered 18 new megas over 10 new forms and then the pre-evos that will never be used ever.

And where the fuck is alola exeggscute?
>>
File: 242.jpg (82KB, 680x500px) Image search: [Google]
242.jpg
82KB, 680x500px
>>29243809
because fuck murica that's why faggot
>>
>>29243536
>detracting from Alolan Vulpix line because it shares a type with Alolan Sandshew line
>>
>>29243536
are these really ALL the alolan forms? Or the demo was incomplete? Because, shit, if that's the case, then this'll be the most disappointing pokémon game to come to existence. There's literally tons of fake alolan forms that are MUCH better than this.
>>
>>29243952

I made no judgements of quality, anon.
>>
>>29243536
It seems to me they just recycled some scrapped megas, recolored base forms and called it Alola forms.
I still like most of them, it is a shame probably they won't see much usage.
Muk now has a better defensive typing, and if Raichu get psychic terrain it could be funny, but what about the others?
Most of them have a 4x weakness, which isn't a good start.
>>
>>29243991

Those are all the ones we're getting, yep. Unless they remake Gen IV this generation and add in more like how ORAS added more Megas.
>>
Good tier:
Ninetales, Muk, Marowak, Raichu, Exeggutor
Comically good tier:
Dugtrio
>Decent tier
Raticate, Sandslash
>Bad tier
Golem
>REALLY bad tier
Persian
>>
What Pokemon would you like to see get Sinnoh Forms, hypothetically?
>>
>>29243536
>Meowth
It's bad and I love Kanto Meowth.
>Rattata/Raticate
It's painful to look at those.
>Sandshrew/lash
They look okay, but I'm not a fan.
>Vulpix, Ninetales
These are pretty good.
>Grimer
Mediocre.
>Muk
The animation is pretty rad.
>Raichu
I love it, but that's because it reminds me of something different than surfing and pancakes. So that's just me.
>Marowak
The only great one.
>Persian
What the fuck and why
>Exeggutor
Not bad.
>Diglett/Dugtrio
What the fuck? No, I'm really interested what the fuck is this supposed to be.
>Geodude line
The Dude is okay, the rest looks awful.

>Would you like to see more of them in the future?
Only to waste space when we could've got more Pokemon? No.
>Do you think Game Freak wasted their potential this gen by limiting them to Kanto Pokemon only and having so few of them overall?
Yes.
>What Pokemon do you wish had gotten an Alola Form?
I don't care, but I've seen some A-Parasect fanart and it looked pretty great.
>>
>>29243536
Maybe making Muk water/poison would of made more sense but at least it's cincept makes sense. Nialtails/Meowth/Ratita/Sandshrew are Deviant Art tier
>>
>>29243606
This. I like most of them, but they could have been so much more. It's the best idea they've had in years, and they didn't do it justice.

The least they could have done is give us 100 new Pokemon if we're only getting 18 Alolan forms.
>>
>>29245059
Fire Hippowdon
Poison/Ghost Driftlimb
Electric/Ice Toxicroak
>>
I have a feeling Dugtrio is a prank or something for the demo

>it's only viewable, doesn't appear in any battle
>hair doesn't correspond to any type whatsoever
>it's intentionally funny
>>
>>29245948
those Pokemon are from Sinnoh
>>
>>29243536
>perfect tier
meowth, raticate, exeggutor, diglett/dugtrio, sandshrew

>good tier
muk, raichu, marowak, exeggutor, vulpix

>bad tier
rattata, grimer, ninetails, sandslash, geodude/graveller/golem

>unacceptable tier
persian
>>
>>29243536
Marowak is cool, I wanted a Dodrio alola form
>>
>>29243536
>"Actually Tried Something Interesting" tier

You're kidding, right? They slapped black rocks and facial hair and called it a day. It looks like a half-baked Mega Evolution than a regional variant, on top of it just looking like hot garbage.
>>
Interesting idea with kinda ok to shitty results that will be totally forgotten in the next generations.
>>
>>29243536
Watch alola geodude line be rock/dark instead of rock/electric
>>
>>29246214
I can't wait to see that golem trying to roll.
>>
I don't understand. No Alolan Pikachu or Cubone?
>>
>>29246214
Golem looks great, fuck off.
>>
>>29246400
Hi welcome to 2 months ago
>>
Good concept, more miss than hit execution. So, same as Megas.

As expected from Gamefreak.

That they are limited only to Kanto Pokemon is the cherry on top ruining it. I'm sick of kantopandering.
>>
>>29243536
>Only 18 Alola Forms
>>
File: 1474378582056.jpg (64KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
1474378582056.jpg
64KB, 632x569px
>No Water/Poison sea snake Ekans/Arbok.
>No Fighting Alakazam.
>No Fire/Fairy or Fire/Dragon Rapidash.
>No Electric/Poison Tentacool/Tentacruel.
>No Grass/Fire Vileplume.
>No Water/Steel Shellder/Cloyster.
>>
What about Alola Zubat? Why would they tease Alola Zubat? Man fucking trash
>>
File: images (5).jpg (5KB, 220x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
5KB, 220x224px
>>29246634
>no Zubat or Dragonite
Fucking mad
>>
File: Alolan Dodrio 3.jpg (141KB, 1162x913px) Image search: [Google]
Alolan Dodrio 3.jpg
141KB, 1162x913px
>No Flying/Fighting Dodrio.
>>
It's the future of Pokemon; the Pokedex can be doubled in size without the need to catch any more
>>
>>29243536
Only 18 forms? 18 gen 1 forms that will probably have trash stats and be as useless as their base mons?

These shitty recolors are infuriating
>>
Thinking it over, Alolan forms really took away unique type combos that could have instead been made into new Pokemon. How in the hell are GF strapped for ideas for new Pokemon designs?

For example, an ice/fairy type Pokemon could have been a snow angel.
>>
>>29243832
It's unnecessary to have Alolan Cubone, Exeggcute, and Pikachu because their evolved forms fit thematically on their own.
>>
>>29243536
Raichu, Marowak, Exeggutor good.
Dugtrio lol.
Ice types okay.
Rest is shit
>>
>>29248524

GF are not strapped for Pokemon ideas. They are fast approaching 1000 Pokemon and don't want to reach unmanageable numbers so they're doing all sorts of alternate form stuff instead.
>>
>>29243536
I can't believe they revealed all the variants except for the geodude and diglett lines before this leak. Surely there are more to come. right?
>>
>>29249462
The game was a month off, and they still had 6 forms not yet officially announced.
>>
>>29243536
Good (maybe even better than the originals): Sandshrew, Sandslash, Rattata, Marowak

Good (but not as good as the originals or equal at best): Vulpix, Ninetails, Meowth, Raichu

Okay: Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Diglett, Exeggutor, Grimer, Muk, Raticate

WTF?: Dugtrio

Terrible: Persian
>>
>>29249609
>6
I can't remember with XY, but surely they left more than 6 megas unrevealed by their marketing team.
>>
>>29249775
There aren't that many Alolan forms in comparison.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.