[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This can't be real life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 17

File: mfw i am here.jpg (96KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
mfw i am here.jpg
96KB, 944x712px
>all these 1-stage pokemon that look incomplete as fuck
>Rockruff is the only line with version forms, making it feel like they forgot about the feature after struggling to come up with that terrible Moon Lyranroc
>just a couple 3-stage pokemon, not counting the starters
>terrible Alola forms taking the place of new pokemon

Jesus Christ, this is the worst case scenario. It feels like we only got half the dex. They dropped the ball harder this time than they did with XY. Shit is fucked up and bullshit. I am so disappointed.
>>
>>29241676
>Inb4 hordes of faggots who've spent the last year shitting on XY for its number of new pokemon jump in defendse of SM cause they dont want to kill their hype just yet
>>
>>29241676
Then don't play it? No one's forcing you.
>>
File: mfw deep sadness.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mfw deep sadness.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>29241812
>don't play the new game in your favorite franchise because it's so shit
>>
Are Jangmo-O, Grubbin, Pipikek, and Bounsweet the only 3 stages?
>>
>>29242025
Disregarding alolan forms I think so
>>
File: 3x14_crying_Cox.jpg (48KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
3x14_crying_Cox.jpg
48KB, 636x480px
>>29242025
Yes. Meanwhile, there are more than twice as many 1-stage pokemon that look like they're either supposed to evolve because they're so incomplete, or like they've already evolved because they look nothing like a 1-stage.
>>
>>29241676
This is what Pokemon is about now. It's not about finding new creatures, but being handed items to make certain favourites be OP and dragged through a 3D wasteland by annoying NPCs designed to appeal to pedophiles.
>>
>>29241853
Hey dude, there's better games out there than pokemon.
>>
>>29242160
I don't like most games. I hate shooters, almost every RPG sucks dick these days, fighting games have been going downhill since 3rd Strike.
>>29242110
>20 years
>it has come to this
>>
>>29242223
Metroidvania games are on the rise.
And are you saying Bravely default and it's squeal are bad?
>>
I feel you OP. I am so butthurt. Hoping this isn't all but I dunno...
>>
>>29241676
>not defending GF´s every move
>not liking the fact that there´s few new mons because THEY HAVE TO STOP SOMETIME GUISE
>>
>>29242309
I never even finished Bravely Default. I have no patience for JPRGs any more, with their gibberish stories, terrible characters, and overall childish tone. I think I got 3 hours into FFXIII before dropping it while every weeaboo was shouting about "60 hours in and the game ditches the hallways and really opens up." Fuck that stupid shit. The Japanese have fallen behind and their games a shit.
>>
Nah something is up. I get mimikyu, pyukumuku, minior not evolving. But komala? No fucking way. If so that is now the worst pokemon to ever exist. It's like if magby was a single stage pokemon.
>>
avatarfagging is against the rules
>>
>>29242582
If you expected Komala to evolve, you're just dumb. It screams single stage gimmick normal type.
>>
>>29242582
You're beginning to see through the coding. This can't be real life.
>>
>>29242629
No it doesn't. It looks unfinished as fuck. Stufful looks like more of a 1-stage than Komala, faggot.
>>
>>29242629
Passimian looks like a single stage gimmick pokemon

Oranguru looks like a single stage gimmick pokemon.

Komala looks like a baby pre-evo, his ability isn't even "gimmicky" compared to the rest of the shit we've gotten this gen.
>>
>>29242223
Under Night is pretty damn good for a post SF4 fighter. Even if it looks chunni as fuck.
>>
>>29241676
it xy all over again
>>
>>29241812

This is a stupid fucking reply. When you've been playing a series for nearly 20 years, it's hard to just give it up, even when you see a dex full of trash tier designs like this.
>>
>>29242629
YES IM IN THE BARGAINING STAGE PLS DONT BE MEAN TO ME
>>
>>29242025
Lunala and Solgaleo, possibly.
>>
>>29242309
They're actually pretty good on the gameplay, visual presentation and musical fronts, but how much you like the story is really up to personal opinion.

Also Default has some repeated content that annoyed some people, if you play it, here is a protip: turn encounters off and simply rush the bosses, you'll get through those chapters in a couple of hours.
>>
>>29242629
>It screams single stage gimmick normal type.
Not really, and the fact that people expected an evolution kinda proves it.
What would be the gimmick then?
>>
>>29242681
It literally looks like Spinda 2.0
>>
>>29242821
it's asleep

Maybe it's stats are Snorlax-tier
>>
>>29242451
>I have no patience for JRPGs any more, with their gibberish stories, terrible characters, and overall childish tone.
>Plays Pokemon

Also BD is better than FFXIII, you're picking a terrible example, FFXIII was pretty badly received by jrpg fans aside from hardcore japanese waifufags that love Lighting. Most people bashed it when it came out, only being better received now that it's out on PC.

Not even going to argue about your terrible misconceptions about the genre and writing in general.
>>
>>29242900
>There´s a chance this is a serious answer.
>>
>>29241853
Yes, exactly. You hold it to a higher standard because it's your favorite series but any game can be shit, even a Pokémon game. And no one has to play shit game.

There's also an argument to be made that the number of new Pokémon affects the overall quality of the game differently for different people but if you put that much stress on it then the series as of late probably isn't for you. Take a break, play something else. And most of all stop whining about it.
>>
File: 1476468478820.png (222KB, 600x564px)
1476468478820.png
222KB, 600x564px
>No new Fossil Pokemon.
>>
>>29242223
You should take that chip off your shoulder.
>>
>>29242841
Not at all. Spinda's head is the same size as it's body, while komala's head is fucking huge like most baby pokemon. Not to mention komala is 1 ft tall and his description mentions his parents.

Honestly either there's something fishy going on here or they dropped the ball hard on this guy.
>>
>>29241676
I thought people were expecting way too many new Pokémon. I was expecting something between 70 and 90. I don't get why people thought there would be a lot more. I don't think any 3D pokémon game will go over 100 unless there aren't new variants of old pokémon (like Megas and Alola Forms). Both the megas and alola forms use new models so while they're not new pokémon, I do consider them among thje new things added in a generation.

Speaking of Alola forms, that's the thing I'm disappointed about. I expected around 30. This is made even worse by the fact the Alola Dex likely has more than 100 Kanto mons. If 1/3 of them were Alola forms, at least there wouild be more new things to discover. But no, less than 20 Alola forms and a shitton of vanilla Kanto mons instead.
>>
>>29242025
I think it's pretty obvious Solgaleo and Lunala are too, and share Lycanroc's evolution gimmick
You probably won't be able to outright catch the legendary this time, I'm predicting it's going to end up saving the world by going supernova or some shit, and all that remains is an Egg that hatches into the nebula cloud baby.
>>
>>29242821
Immunity to 4 status effects is unprecedented.
>>
>>29242964
Yes I agree on the alola forms. It feels like it's half finished.
>>
>>29242779
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>29242964
>I thought people were expecting way too many new Pokémon. I was expecting something between 70 and 90. I don't get why people thought there would be a lot more.
Odd gens usually got more mons.
The excuse of them going 3D doesnt apply.
And they have to make up for Gen 6´s ridiculously small amount of new mons.
That´s why people expected more mons. People who arent willing to suck GF´s dick for everything at least.

> I don't think any 3D pokémon game will go over 100 unless there aren't new variants of old pokémon
Megas and Alola forms are, model-wise, the same as new pokemon, so they wasted lots of spots that should´ve been for new mons.

> I do consider them among thje new things added in a generation.
Pretty sure no one is denying that. That doesnt make up for the lack of new mons though.
>>
>>29242992
> I'm predicting it's going to end up saving the world by going supernova or some shit, and all that remains is an Egg that hatches into the nebula cloud baby.
If you can evolve them into another Solgaleo/Lunala later, that would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>29242907
Pokemon is about the fucking pokemon. No one is playing for the stories or characters.
>Also BD is better than FFXIII, you're picking a terrible example, FFXIII was pretty badly received by jrpg fans aside from hardcore japanese waifufags that love Lighting. Most people bashed it when it came out, only being better received now that it's out on PC.
It got like 47 sequels so how could it have been poorly received?
>Not even going to argue about your terrible misconceptions about the genre and writing in general.
Because you have no argument. The writing in Japanese games is fucking awful.
>>
>>29242730
>i-it's hard to give it up!

Maybe if you're a spineless louse with no self-respect. You're the customer, if you don't like what a developer is doing then don't support them.

Unless you just happen to fall into the "I don't like it but I HAVE to play it" category, in which case stop fucking whining. If you're gonna play it, fine. If you're not gonna play it, fine. But don't tiptoe both sides like a twat. Accept that there are things you like and dislike about the game, compare both sides, and decide whether it's worth playing or not. Posting a stupid greentext story and a sad reaction image is fucking dumb, especially if you're just gonna play it anyway.
>>
>>29243080
There's a little nebula and cocoon thing between the Tapus and box legends.
>>
>>29243081
>Megas and Alola forms are, model-wise, the same as new pokemon,
That's why I said I doubt it will go over 100 unless it's a gen with no such thing.

As for new mons, I don't mind the Alola forms in particular, since they're permanent and more unique than the megas. It's the same to me as if we'd gotten evolutions of old Pokémon.
>>
>>29242951
>i don't know what this phrase means, but here
How fucking old are you?
>>
>>29243181
How does that equate to the box legends being 3-stage pokemon?
>>
>>29243207
>That's why I said I doubt it will go over 100 unless it's a gen with no such thing.
And why add such thing when you could just add new mons like it has always been?

> It's the same to me as if we'd gotten evolutions of old Pokémon.
That´d at least be a new pokémon, which would at least be better.
But people already don´t like that, it´s one of the main complaints about Gen 4.
>>
>>29243167
>autism speaks
>>
I agree 100% OP.
So many 1 stage mons,normal typings tacked on and some needless 3 stage lines (Bonsweet).

I love the Toucan but it doesn't resemble the previous two in any way at all,seems to be added on as an afterthought.

Don't even get me started on Komala-wanted a Koala mon for years,we finally get one and it's a single stage shit mon with crap typing. Could have turned into the slaking of this Gen-a huge Wombat/dropbear mon holding a log/uprooted tree. But no....
>>
Fuck,even Solaleo and Lunnala got pre evos.
>>
>>29243305
>And why add such thing when you could just add new mons like it has always been?
It's being well received enough, why not do it? I would have liked more new pokémon as well but since it was revealed Alola Forms were a thing I just knew we weren't getting as many new Pokémon as we otherwise could.

>That´d at least be a new pokémon, which would at least be better.
Eh. They're not new pokémon but with different typing, movepools and stats, a differnt form like that adds as much as an evolution would, in my opinion. It not being its own Pokédex number is kinda irrelevant to me.
I totally understand why someone who doesn't like evolutions of old pokémon to begin with is even more annoyed by Alola forms, though. It just doesn't bother me in particular.
>>
>>29243327
>it's autistic to stop giving someone money when they keep doing shit you don't like
>>
>>29243158
>It got like 47 sequels so how could it have been poorly received?
As I said, when it came out it was well received in Japan because of waifufags loving Lighting and to a less degree Vanilla.
Selling well doesn't mean it's well received either, when it came out everyone was bashing it, so much it even turned into a fucking meme, helped by internet reviewers jumping on the hate bandwagon. That lasted until it came out in PC.

>Because you have no argument.
No, because you're generalizing about a whole genre (which now expanded to Japanese games in general), which is retarded.

> The writing in Japanese games is fucking awful.
And you're telling me that the generic high fantasy worlds that western RPGs are plagued by are all better? Or maybe generic war stories from shooters? Or maybe you like Indie games with either barely any story or some meta commentary about whatever social issue the author wanted to tackle?
See? Generalizing is retarded, and it can be done for both japanese and western games.

>Pokemon is about the fucking pokemon. No one is playing for the stories or characters.
Then if you can actually ignore a game story and characters like you do with Pokemon, just play a good game with a story you don't like, a lot of japanese games have good gameplay.
>>
>>29241775
I'll admit the low amount of new pokemon does suck, but I like a lot more of these ones than the Kalos crop.
>>
>>29243280
They are clearly connected to them somehow and a leaker that first hinted at Lusamine and Ultra Beasts also mentioned Lunala and Solgaleo sharing a prevo. And at E3 they said they have a special relationship unlike previous box legends.
>>
>>29243461
>It's being well received enough, why not do it?
Newer mons should be a priority on the franchise that´s called "pokémon". I mean, I like alolan forms and think they´re a great idea, but they shouldnt happen at the detriment of new mons.

> I just knew we weren't getting as many new Pokémon as we otherwise could.
We should have gotten more mons regardless of Alola forms or not. That shouldn´t be an excuse.

>a differnt form like that adds as much as an evolution would, in my opinion
Not really, a different pokémon is, in the end, a different pokémon and an Alolan form is not.

completely new mons unrelated to previous ones>evolutions of old mons>pre evolutions of old mons>>>>>>new forms(including megas)
>>
>>29241853
If you think it's shit then don't fucking play it.

Move on to something you think isn't shit
>>
I'm so sick of the kanto pandering. XY had more than enough of it
>>
>>29243574
Exactly-in a new Gen,NEW Pokemon should always be the priority before forms/Megas etc. I had extremely high hopes Kalos was a a test run for what was going to be a special future game. Instead we got another small dex full of single stage shitmons,variants of 20 year old Mons and a waifu pageant.

I wouldn't be that mad if we had at least had some Megas (Johto starters deserve them so much) but by the looks of it,they are out too.
Also no fossil Pokémon
Anyone else think the post games gonna be shit? I'm thinking battle frontiers gone
>>
>>29243727
I feel Jhoto starters will get eventually a mega. Same for Sinnoh and so on, eventually.
>>
>>29243158
Ff15 looks amazing. Most series has those few entries no one speaks of.

It's the same reason Sonic Boom is getting a sequel. They already prepared to have a huge universe surrounding the game and not at all prepared for a huge backlash. Tales did it too, with Zestiria.

We also know jack shit about how Sun and Moon actually play besides some still images. It sounds like the quality of the game means much less to you than the quantity of monsters to look at.
>>
>>29243727
>I'm thinking battle frontiers gone
It was never said a BF would be in these games to begin with. That was wishful thinking.

If you mean a battle tower clone, then I'm sure there is. We've seen you have Battle Points in this game. I'm thinking it's the Battle Royale building, they probably offer singles, doubles and triples as well.
>>
Me too,but how long? Gen 1 got them in Kalos and Gen 3 got theirs in the Hoenn remakes.
Made sense for Johto starters to get them in Gen 7 as the Sinnoh ones will obviously get theirs in the inevitable D/P remakes.
>>
>>29243507
>And you're telling me that the generic high fantasy worlds that western RPGs are plagued by are all better? Or maybe generic war stories from shooters? Or maybe you like Indie games with either barely any story or some meta commentary about whatever social issue the author wanted to tackle?
Dragon Age Origins. Spec Ops:The Line. Inside.
You're full of shit.
>See? Generalizing is retarded, and it can be done for both japanese and western games.
No, YOU'RE retarded.
>a lot of japanese games have good gameplay.
I can't stand it any more. The only turn-based games I can tolerate any more are Pokemon. I tried playing the HD version of FFX because I loved it as a kid but the gameplay was entirely too boring.
Japanese RPGs have stagnated and the terrible writing has become more glaring now that Western games are being made well.
>>
>>29243929
Maybe. Surely they wouldn't be dumb enough to add a copy and pasted Maison again?

Pokemon World Tournament or Battle Frontier are the fans favourites
>>
>>29243912
>Ff15 looks amazing
The development has been a joke. FFXV will be terrible.
>>
>all these 1-stage pokemon that look incomplete as fuck
It's okay, it's not like I had expectations towards Komala or... the grass ring one.
>Rockruff is the only line with version forms, making it feel like they forgot about the feature after struggling to come up with that terrible Moon Lyranroc
We've got more Pokemon with different forms, who cares about version exclusives?
>just a couple 3-stage pokemon, not counting the starters
It kind of sucks, but I'm just happy things like Morellul got awesome second stages.
>terrible Alola forms taking the place of new pokemon
This. So much this. They fucking suck so much, maybe besides a few.

Good thing I didn't like A-Meowth from the beginning, even though it's my favorite Kanto line.
>>
>>29244140
So much wasted potential with Alolan forms. I wouldn't be as sore with the low new Dex count if we actually got more of these and some new Megas.

Other than Raichu,Exeggutor and Marowak,I have no idea what they were thinking. Could have come up with something awesome,instead we got Dugtrio line-feels like a bad joke
>>
>>29244006
No, because with the new overworld models they can't copypaste it.

PWT was in one game, and I doubt we'll see it again outside of Gen 5 remakes. BF is up in the air, I do think they will eventually make a new one but it doesn't seem it was this time. Both the Emerald and Platinum BFs were announced during marketing, as big features and all.
>>
>>29243949
>Dragon Age Origins. Spec Ops:The Line. Inside.
Yes, those are good (and now outdated, by the way) games, and so are some japanese game series like Dark Souls or The Legend of Heroes.

What's the point you're trying to make by mentioning those? It doesn't address what I said about making generalizations being retarded, in fact it only reinforces that point, I mentioned some dumb generalizations about Western games that obviously don't fit those good games, just like your generalizations about japanese games are retarded and don't apply for every game.

>No, YOU'RE retarded.
That's the best you can come up with?

>I can't stand it any more. The only turn-based games I can tolerate any more are Pokemon. I tried playing the HD version of FFX because I loved it as a kid but the gameplay was entirely too boring.
Maybe you shouldn't play turn based games then, for fuck's sake.

>Japanese RPGs have stagnated and the terrible writing has become more glaring now that Western games are being made well.
You still don't get that generalizing is stupid huh?
>>
>>29241676
welcome to adulthood anon. If it's any consolation, the TCG is at an all time high and well worth getting into.
>>
>>29242309
What are some good modern metroidvania games? I've been meaning to play something in that vein
>>
File: 1476728654896.jpg (115KB, 731x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476728654896.jpg
115KB, 731x960px
>>29242025
And the starters. With the mandatory 3 stage bird, bug, pseudo, and starter lines there's hardly any room for more.
>>
>>29244865
Hardly any room? Who told GF they weren't allowed to make a proper new gen?
>>
>>29241676
>It feels like we only got half the dex
Oh god, it really is XY all over again
>>
>>29245666
At least XY introduced a whole new type and a bunch of megas. SM is just pure laziness. God fucking dammit.
>>
The smaller Dex is, again, disappointing. Granted, counting UB and Alolan Forms nets us 100 or so "new" pokemon which isn't bad.

Small Dex aside my hype for the game hasn't died. I'm very much looking forward to the story and what the region has to offer beyond the scope of the demo.

The 3DS generations seem very transitional to me. Hopefully GameFreak can really push the limits of their own creativity on the next console.
>>
>>29245526
>"proper"

Just because something doesn't meet your standard doesn't mean it's "improper" or whatever else you're implying.
>>
>>29242942
>You know what? I don't care if the Pokemon franchise is dead, it's only one franchise. Why don't you just grow outside, water some therapy, take some plants, and go the fuck up?
This is literally what /vp/ is reduced to.

You are ACTUALLY DEFENDING THIS.
>>
>>29245944
Yes it does. Hardly any new Pokemon and a bunch of terrible rehashes of gen 1 pokemon makes for a shitty, improper gen.
>>
File: huehuehuehue.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuehue.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>29241676
>faggots can't enjoy a comfy island adventure because GF didn't hit their required Pokemon quota

I love how picky you faggots are, it's hard to believe you ever enjoyed anything in your entire lives.
>>
>>29242958
I forgot about the parents thing. Yeah and I've been looking around, a lot of people are surprised it doesn't evolve.
>>
>>29243486
Except the the "then don't play it??? nobody's stopping!!! you!!!" directly translate into:
>STOP SHITTING ON MY GAME ON MY BOARD EVERYTHING IS FINE STOP IT STOP IT JUST GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO AWAY IT'S FINE I LOVE MY 30 POKEMON DEX
>>
>>29246025
>it's pickiness to expect a new gen to be a new gen
Fuck you, faget. Even GSC introduced more and better pokemon, and those were just the RBY rejects.
GF won't reward you for sucking their cock on 4chan.
>>
>>29246023
>Hardly any new Pokemon

Except there are plenty of new Pokemon, you're just upset they didn't hit the number you wanted.

The writing has been on the wall since XY. They're adding less and less Pokemon as the total grows higher so they can continue to focus on the old ones.

If you want to play that type of game go play BW again. Your standard of a "proper" Gen having a certain number of Pokemon will never be met again.
>>
File: Blight.jpg (58KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
Blight.jpg
58KB, 600x729px
Fuck it. I'm just gonna pirate this shit. I don't want to give GF my money and encourage them to keep pumping out lazy bullshit.

Yes I mad
>>
>>29246206
>Except there are plenty of new Pokemon, you're just upset they didn't hit the number you wanted.
yeah, that's what "hardly any" means

I mean if you define "plenty" as "literally 5 new pokemon" then I guess there a "plenty" but that doesn't stop you being a faggot.
>>
>>29246122
>a new Gen isn't a new Gen unless it has at LEAST this many Pokemon and not one less

Yeah, that sounds pretty fucking picky to me, anon. You care more about the total number than the individual Pokemon. The fact that they didn't leap at the chance to pump out Pokemon in order to hit a milestone like 1000 shows that your standards and their standards are totally different.
>>
>>29246206
>Except there are plenty of new Pokemon
...plenty means enough, not any amount that isn't 0 you enormous fucking faggot.
>If you want to play that type of game go play BW again.
>hurr if you play the old game again it becomes new durr
>>
File: 1392083961621.png (147KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1392083961621.png
147KB, 480x640px
It's clear that pokemon is going to keep getting worse. It's time to abandon pokemon and find salvation
>>
>>29246296
All the new pokemon are also shit. And 8 of them aren't even pokemon and probably can't be truly captured, just fought against and perhaps with in a limited way.

All unrevelead Alolan pokemon were shit.

I can see game freak's standards are rock bottom and so are yours but that isn't something to be proud of.
>>
>>29242223
>fighting games have been going downhill since 3rd Strike.

That's it.

You are a fucking retard and you just outed yourself as having no clue what you're talking about. You are probably some burnt out 20something shithead who feels like games are shit now, when in fact the real problem is that you were always a mainstream shithead and now you're simply getting old.

You are the most surface-level type of cunt out there, the pretentious fuck who thinks he's so much better than everyone else while engaging in the most pleb level experiences only. You are not coming from a place of experience, or depth, or higher knowledge. And all it takes to understand it, that you are nothing more than a deadened hipster faggot unable to appreciate anything but for nostalgia, is the fact that you praise 3rd Strike.

Among those in the know in regards to fighting games, 3rd Strike is regarded as complete shit. The only people who think 3rd Strike is amazing are people who started playing fighting games with 3rd Strike and then used that as an excuse to lord over SF4 newbies. The game is an utter mess, with four, MAYBE five competitively viable characters. It has 7-3 matchups like a kusoge and a tenuous balance where the game has so many fucked up mechanics that altering any one would only break the game harder in the other direction, like Remy being garbage due to parries but then nerfing parries leading to SS++++++++++ tier Remy and Urien. Game is slower and easier than all the fighting games that came out before it, which were also shit, like CvS2 which was only good through the mastery of glitches, or Marvel 2, a literal joke game so shitty only Americans would dare take it seriously.

In fact even Super Turbo was ridiculously flawed because it had a broken input reader, which is where 90% of the challenge came from.

YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING but you shit down on everything like you're the Jesus of videogame taste. Fuck off.
>>
>>29246296
But these individual pokemon are mostly shit. The quality of the designs seems like they were going for quantity over quality and yet we still have a very low quantity.
>>
>>29246262
Are you upset with the total number or the fact that they revealed a certain amount before the game was released? Either way, that's retarded.

>>29246312
>plenty means enough

And "enough" is totally subjective in this case, what a stupid statement. If it's not "enough" for you then go play something else.
>>
>>29242110
This is probably the best description of modern Pokémon games I've heard
>>
>90% of the people in this thread will still play and enjoy the game

could any of you whine any harder? jesus christ
>>
>>29246381
This entire post is pure idiocy. Contradictory assertions and insults, a complete lack of knowledge, a self-importance on the scale of Donald Trump, and a general bitchiness that is better suited to facebook.
3rd Strike is is widely regarded by hardcore fighting game enthusiasts as one of the best fighting games ever made, you absolute fucking retard.
Being "mainstream" and being a "hipster" are diametrically opposed, you absolute fucking retard.
Being a nostalgiafag and a Johnny-come-lately are also diametrically opposed, you absolute fucking retard.

How do you even remember to breathe?
>>
>>29246396
>IT'S FINE AND IT'S JUST YOUR OPINION THAT IT'S FINE THERE'S NOTHING WRONG GET OFF MY BOARD GO AWAY I LOVE MY COMPLETE ALOLA DEX OF LITERALLY 7 POKEMON STOP HAVING YOUR VIEW NEAR ME I WANT TO BE DELUSIONAL
>>
>>29246396
>And "enough" is totally subjective in this case
And yet you stated is as a fact, homo.
>>
>>29246534
#hillary2016 #i'mwithher
#whatemails? #DRUMPFTT!!!
#getyosexistracistbigotedassdaHELLout
>>
>>29246381
Oh hey, I was trying to figure out why nobody likes the FGC. Thanks for helping me out man!!
>>
>>29246231
>being mad
>still playing the game
I'm probably just going to watch a let's play or something. I have very little interest in actually playing the game at this point.
>>
>>29244840
Shovel Knight counts as metroid-vania?
If no, i suggest the metroid 2 remake, odallus, axiom verge and chasm i think it's called.
>>
>>29246396
Yeah, it's absolutely retarded to expect more than 3 new pokemon to be introduced in the new generation.

Alolan forms are even worse. They hype them up as this big thing and then there's only 0.5 of them and 0.25 of those are shit.
>>
>>29241853
>>29242095
Rod don't do this
>>
>>29246534
>3rd Strike is is widely regarded by hardcore fighting game enthusiasts as one of the best fighting games ever made, you absolute fucking retard.

Wrong, retard. I know because I was there, since the beginning. Old time players fucking hated 3rd Strike, literally only played it because it was Street Fighter. Only new blood enjoyed 3rd Strike, shallow shitters like you who probably don't even understand the game.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/951196/#Comment_951196

In your echo chambers on Shoryuken 2008 or GameFAQS you probably were duped into believing the acclaim is universal.
>>
>>29246567
What a well reasoned and biting retort.
>>29246637
>you're wrong because this single post here, f-faget...!
Your autism is off the charts. They still play 3rd Strike at every major fighting game tournament, you stupid nigger. They don't play Guilty Gear XX:Calamity Trigger:Blue Shift:Reckoning. They play 3rd Strike. The biggest moment at any EVO ever is still an insane parry+comeback win in 3rd Strike.
Be a bigger dipshit, dipshit.
>>
>>29246733
>They still play 3rd Strike at every major fighting game tournament, you stupid nigger.

They play everything at every major fighting game tournament, dipshit. They play things you haven't even heard of, and doujin fighters made by 1 guy in his basement, and people would bring their whole PC to play Melty. "It gets played at fighting game tournaments" doesn't mean anything.

>b-b-but muh EVO moment #37

Once again, you prove you're just a shallow faggot. Like your whole defense of 3S is "Evo moment though." You're the kind of guy I was talking about, who got into 3S probably due to that video or in 2007-2008 or something and you think it's the greatest, but you don't have any understanding of deeper fighting game concepts so you can't even make that call. You are just shit talking above your grade.

In fact EVO moment 37 is proof of why 3S is so bad. Street Fighter has always been about eliminating the opponent's options strategically through positioning and resources so that you could lock them into a no-win situation. JWong should have won by chipping Daigo out unless Daigo could umeshoryu. He outplayed Daigo the entire match to lead up to that moment and then lost because Daigo had access to a badly implemented mechanic.

Too bad there are retards like you who see that and just go "omg sick comeback GOAT"

>there's only 1 post shitting on 3S

How about you fire up Google and search for "why is street fighter 3s hated"

Then you can come back and talk about how according to you EVERYBODY loves 3S
>>
>>29246733
you're the one who completely shoehorned #leDRUMPFT!!! into an irrelevant argument because of your reddit autism

I don't need a "biting" retort to your fedora-tipping because I already know I'm better than you.

LITERALLY DEFENDING THE ALOLADEX
>>
>>29241676
>worst case scenario
the worst case scenario is that we all die. or we get no Pokemon at all. eat shit.
>>
>>29246974
>>29246733
>>29246637
I'm not looking to getting into your argument, but I was there when SF3 released (the first version, not 3S) and it was a severe let down for absolutely everybody. second impact and 3S made it slightly more playable, but die hard old timers dropped the game hard. There's a reason it bombed.
>>
>>29241676
pokemon go is better than this shit
>>
>>29246974
>if you just ignore logic and reality then i'm right
Holy fuck.
>>29247009
>you mentioned Trump without sucking his cock so y-you belong on reddit...!
You Trumpsters really are pathetic. Just as stupid and easily baited as your candidate. And just like your candidate you're all losers.
Trump never had a path to victory so now he has to make up fake statistics about voter fraud to try to save face.
>>29247039
I would rather no new pokemon since this gen is almost entirely shit. If they got this lazy with the pokemon why assume they didn't get lazy with the rest of the game?
>>29247151
SF3 was initially received poorly because of the new cast. The casuals, who Capcom obviously needs more than the die hards, didn't like that their SF2 favorites weren't there.
>>
>>29247172
Let's not get carried away now.

I only buy these games nowadays for VGC and multiplayer fun in general, so I really wish we had gotten a few game changers. Let's hope that when teh games are out I can find a few cool new additions.
>>
>>29247217
>SF3 was initially received poorly because of the new cast. The casuals, who Capcom obviously needs more than the die hards, didn't like that their SF2 favorites weren't there.

It's amazing how you have it utterly backwards and then call other people retarded. You are wrong about everything. You've got no clue what you're talking about, and you're a joke.
>>
>>29242907
Try Shin Megami Tensei then. JRPG with pretty dark story desu
>>
>>29247217
>The casuals
Dude, we are talking about an arcade game that later got ported to consoles. The "casuals" don't really make you money in an arcade setting. The hardcore are the ones that keep coming back and feeding the quarters.

It bombed because the old timers dumped it. Don't think in terms of SFIV and it's casual playerbase.
>>
>>29242947
People would just complain that they aren't as cool as Tyrantrum anyways.
>>
>>29242947
You're just joking, r-right?
>>
>>29247251
i was joking desu, pokemon go is definitely the shittiest pokeman game

just pretty dissapointed with this gen's pokemon
>>
>>29247380
>>29242947
Isn't wimpod a fossil? I might start to panic, now.
>>
>>29242958
You know, I have a theory. This is likely just denial taken to the most autistic of levels but...
What if Gamefreak, knowing we would datamine, played a prank? These aren't all the mons, and perhaps all evolutions in it are false. The included mons we already know and two new ones, to seem legit, but everything past that is designed to get us to shit ourselves. The bunch of pikachu forms? Why would they ever make that fucking many with so little new mons. No Komala evo? Legendary prevos?

The stats are "scrubbed out" because there's no stats for fake pokemon.
>>
>>29247358
Something is usually better than nothing.
>>
>>29247409
I wish I could fool myself into believing that.
>>
>>29247315
The fuck? The casuals are the ones feeding arcades. The hardcore players spend 30 minutes playing on 1 quarter, goober.
>>29247276
Backward? The casuals loved it because it had all of their SF2 favorites?
You ARE retarded.
>>
>>29247401

Anon, Fossil Pokemon are part Rock. Wimpod is Bug/Water.
>>
File: 1407602300197.png (48KB, 218x93px) Image search: [Google]
1407602300197.png
48KB, 218x93px
>>29247409

Anon, don't do this to yourself.
>>
>>29247449
>The hardcore players spend 30 minutes playing on 1 quarter, goober.
Dude, the hardcore are the people in there 24-7, playing each other. They are not all to players, and will play people in their own level. I wish I could tell you to go to an arcade and check it out, but those are dead, now. Just trust me on this, I was there, most people hated it.
>>
File: 1475082805025.jpg (15KB, 206x235px) Image search: [Google]
1475082805025.jpg
15KB, 206x235px
>>29247409
>mfw denialfags
>>
>>29247409
Keep living the dream. It will last forever if you never wake up.
>>
>>29247456
Gamefreak would never make a game without a fossil pokémon, would they? That doesn't even make any sense. I-I'm severely confused.
>>
>>29247580
Weren't gen 2's fossils fucking AWESOME?
>>
>>29247580
Gen 2
>>
>>29247217
Your candidate
>Takes $1 million birthday present from Qatar, which funds ISIS (b-but it was her husband so this is fine!)
>Believes that you should have one policy you tell the public, and an entirely different private policy you tell your wallstreet friends. Blames this on abraham lincoln
>Gets rapist she knows is guilty acquitted after he raped 12 year old girl into being infertile. Laughed about it on tape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tor00iWUhDQ
>Actually had the same opinions as Trump at one point but now changed because it's not in vogue anymore and wouldn't put her in power
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUAdAYFbIc
>Believes that women should get paid the same wage even when they do inferior work. criticizes trump when he said that women should be paid the same if they do just as well as men. brought this up both on twitter and in debates
>wants the public to believe that taking tax deductions is somehow evil, takes them herself according to her 2015 tax return, it is common sense to take them if you are entitled to them
>wants to erect a no-fly zone over Syria, Russia's ally, effectively goading Russia into war if they dare to defend her ally
>is part of the same corrupt establishment that just recently bombed Syrian army forces """"""accidentally""""", allowing ISIS to move in and take their territory because they want to destabilize the region to put in their own puppet government just like with Iraq
>clarifies something she said in leaked emails which acknowledges they are real, but then in the same breath spreads fear, confusion and doubt about them. thinks the public is stupid enough to buy this
>joked about killing Assange
>Assange has now been silenced by Hillary
>video evidence of voter fraud but this is "fake statistics" because LE RACIST DRUMPF!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwo7ZnTvIcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuJGHuIkzY
>could go on but you're a faggot
>>
>>29247737
>Your candidate
Nice try, dipshit. I'm not voting, let alone voting for Hillary. Just because someone points out how awful your candidate is doesn't mean they support the other awful candidate, idiot.
>>
File: 1381933557691.jpg (73KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1381933557691.jpg
73KB, 500x464px
>Pokemon Sun and Moon.
>Solrock and Lunatone don't get anything.
>They're not even in the Alola Dex.
>>
>>29242223
>3rd Strike
>Good
>>
File: 1472400915016.png (53KB, 480x371px) Image search: [Google]
1472400915016.png
53KB, 480x371px
>>29247838
>I'M NOT VOTING AND YOU'RE A FAGGOT FOR VOTING
opinion absolutely disregarded. after all you clearly don't even want your opinion to be heard
>>
>>29247983
>you should make your voice heard by supporting a candidate you hate
Hahaha! Oh wow!
>>
>>29247449

Casuals loved SF3 because it was all slick and flashy. Hardcore players hated it.
>>
>>29246025
I can't wait for my on-rails island adventure with my waifu cuddle mon where at the end Ash sticks his thumb up your ass.
>>
File: IMG_9310.png (113KB, 680x509px)
IMG_9310.png
113KB, 680x509px
>>29247838
Not voting....
>>
File: 1476755172205.jpg (6KB, 150x184px) Image search: [Google]
1476755172205.jpg
6KB, 150x184px
What the fuck happened to this thread
>>
>>29248120
>being this stupid
If the casuals loved it it would have sold better, dipshit.
>>29248157
>voting for a terrible candidate is better than not voting
Nice try. All 4 candidates are horrible, unjustifiable choices.
>>
Call me a freak or whatever, but I still think some of those single-stage mons are some how connected to other mons from different gens. Like onix and steelix/ scyther and scizor etc. I think Minior is the pre-evo of lunatone and solrock
>>
>>29248543
so you will sit back and potentially allow the worst one to be elected because you're too smart and above it all
>>
>>29248543
> 4 candidates

Nah,there's only really two options.
Also Bernie was paid off by Hillary so she could run
>>
>>29248643
And which is the worst one? Trump is just a shill who will be a public face for a Pence presidency, and Hillary is just a shill who will do all the same shit Pence would do. Neither will do anything about climate change, income inequality, trade deficits, the debt, etc.
>>29248691
>bernie, the only candidate who doesn't care about money, was paid off
Full retard.
>>
>>29248724
>he's a disgruntled berniefag
haha oh wow

he endorsed hillary, why aren't you voting for her?
>>
>>29247491
Well hold on - I actually do have a question about this. In the demo we don't even get a Dex. We see MAYBE 10 mons the entire playthrough. Why would GF put in the entire dex if you can't access it?
>>
>>29248821
Because it's an isolated experienced carved out of some data from the game.
The other files in the game are going to be present; but unusable.
They also scrubbed out almost all of them, so datamining couldn't even access them.
But forgot to cover the fucking shiny models.
>>
>>29248778
>someone else did a thing so why aren't you a sheep?
>>
>>29248927
so what you're saying is bernie has less integrity than you?
>>
Has gamefreak given up on 3-stage lines? Outside of the starters/regional bird/pseudo, Flabebe and Honedge are the only 3-stage lines introduced in XY.
>>
>>29248878
ok I understand. Sorry, I'm actually writing an article on the legality of gaming leaks that turn out to be true (using Pokemon as the primary example). I have to do it for my media law journal so any help from anyone would be awesome!
>>
>>29248945
Bernie is more concerned with keeping Trump out of office than maintaining his own integrity. I know that Trump never had a path to victory so I don't need to cast a protest vote for an equally bad candidate.
>>
>>29247905
>wait wait wait wait. We didn't see a lot of mons that we know are in the game but didn't show up in the Alola Dex scrub:

Eevee/ ALL 7 EVOS
Munchlax/Snorlax
Ledyba
Caterpie
>>
What if GF only showed half the dex in the demo to fuck with us?
>>
>>29241676
I don't want to make it harder for myself or anyone else, nor do I want to appear deluded — but doesn't the scrubbed data seriously imply they managed to mask some content? Does anyone have hopes for SM2/Z with added content? Let's turn this thread around.
>>
File: 7e3.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7e3.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>29249321
>>29249343
>>
>>29249091
This anon might be onto something.
>>
>>29249735
omgosh thank you :) I like to think I pay attention to deats ;)
>>
>>29249091
>>29249735
samefag is same
>>
>>29249845
wut?
are you implying i wrote that to myself? WE DO NOT BELITTLE NOR DISCREDIT COMPLIMENTS PAID TO ONE ANOTHER ANON. WE APPRECIATE THEM WITH LOVING GRACE.
>>
>>29249845
>I don't like this opinion so its samefagging
I wish the leaks never happened so we could avoid the influx of newfags like you.
>>
>the series reached its peak with BW/B2W2
>it's all downhill after that
Fuck man. This pains me.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.