[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Very specific merch thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1476760751558-492476778.jpg (440KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476760751558-492476778.jpg
440KB, 540x960px
>a few weeks ago mom gives me a Hey You, Pikachu to replace one she got me ~18 years ago that her christian superstitions drove her to trash
>oh neat it's fatchu, my favorite pikachu incarnation
>says "pika" until it's paws are squeezed enough times in a set period, then "pikachu", like some primitive happiness gauge
>if ignored for a minute, makes sad or bored noises
>if left alone for over five minutes, enters a silent standby and "happiness" seems to reset
>keep it on this standby mode and squeeze its paws occasionally as a prank, so it randomly whines at my roommate after a minute
>he has to endure the whining for five minutes, or put his hand up its butt to shut it down
>roommate eventually just makes the pikachu happy instead of hard shut down out of spite, as it makes a rapid succession of annoyingly adorable sounds
>claims it's becoming easier to please over time
>I tell him it's because of the strong bond he formed when he initially turned it off anally
>he punches me in my autistic face
>I'm crying, pikachu is crying
>wish I could turn off my pain like a Hey You, Pikachu!, anally

Anyway, was my roommate right? Does it take fewer squeezes to make it happy over time if left on? Is there any sort of complexity to this toy other than binary "happy vs not", as present in a Furby?
>>
I have the mew version, it enjoys being thrown at people.
>>
I got one of these from a yard sale this year for a dollar.
>>
No, not at all. It just whines at you for a minute or two and then shuts off. That's it.

Source: I've owned one for 20 years or so
>>
I remember bringing one of these in for pajama day in second grade.
When story time came around, I couldn't shut the damn thing off.
The whole class laughed when it would go off every thirty seconds, interrupting the story
:(
>>
I have two of these. The original that sadly doesn't work anymore unless it's possible to replace the battery, and the new, bigger one that does still work. In my experience, throwing and tossing them in the air makes them the happiest.
>>
>>29216866
Is there really a Mew version? I want one.
>>
the old one just goes off randomly

I wish the voice box on mine still functioned, everything else still works at least
>>
>>29218139
Its eyes go side to side and its tail wags. It has a full vocabulary of giggling, meew, MEW, and meeewweeewww. It seems to respond to squeezing its hand or shaking it about, but I don't remember what the box said.

A lot of the second hand ones you'll find have discovered plastic over the eyes or one of the eye motors might have died so it's crosseyed. Mine's tail doesn't move as far as it used to. They were fairly common in the UK though, so they're out there.
>>
>>29218505
*discoloured
5AM demo hype is killing me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.