[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

File: XY-logo.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
XY-logo.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was the worst Gen in Pokemon. Even objectively speaking:

>Gen 2 made Pokemon feel more dynamic by adding breeding, shinies, time and day sensitive Pokemon and events, emotion, and 2 new types that balanced the game out
>Gen 3 added depth to battling with abilities, weather, and a huge number of held items
>Gen 4 emphasized battling even more with wifi, and the physical/special split, which debatably completely changed battling from what it was
>Gen 5 added rotation and triple battles, hidden abilities, IV inheritance (I think), GTS, and more customization options

And then Gen 6:

>no more HMs and vivillon?

Am I wrong?
>>
This is now a dunsparce thread
>>
What really bothered me was the lack of post game content when compared to BW2, the framerate drops and the fucking color palette.
>>
>>29198998
You are unbelievably wrong.

Gen 6 made:
> IV breeding easier with updated Destiny Knot.
> Allowed EV training via options; Super Training and Horde Training.
> Based on the above, added Horde Battles.
> First 3D game of the series.
> Introduced PokéBank and cloud system.
> Increased the fairness in battles with new disconnecting rules; losing points if you intentionally disconnect.
> Mega Evolutions to make old and useless Pokémon to be re-usable with great standards again.
> New BST's and additions for old Pokémon.
> Fairy typing to balance Dragon monopoly.
> Adding Fairy type to previous Pokémon to incresae their viabiliy.
>>
File: isthathim.jpg (40KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
isthathim.jpg
40KB, 500x412px
>>
>>29198998
Are you really retarded or baiting?

>fairy type
>megas
>hordes
>amie
>super training
>rididng Pokemon
>dexnav
>soaring
>better breeding
>3d models for the first time

this fucking board
>>
>>29198998
>Gen 2 added hold items, not gen 3
>Gen 2 split the special stat into SpAtk and SpDef, which also rebalanced the meta
>Gen 3 added double battles
>Gen 4 added GTS, not gen 5
>Gen 6 added a new type and mega evolution which wildly changed up battle dynamics
>>
> Mega Evolutions to make old and useless Pokémon to be re-usable with great standards again.
Like Charizard (2),Mewtwo(2),Garchomp,Gardevoir,Salamence,Alakazam,Scizor...yeah, pretty useless pokemon.
I did like the idea but it went from a good concept to "Press MEGAEVOLUTION to win"
>>
>>29199235
Yes. Your mind should be close enough to not to see Kangaskhan, Lopunny and Mawile.
>>
Objectively speaking is just another way to validate your opinion. I thought it was one of the best gens and I've been on board since Red and Blue.
>>
>>29199278
They still went from useless to broken. But then again, I'm glad they are getting balanced in Gen VII
>>
>>29199211

>fairy type
Broken imbalanced type
>megas
Were a mistake and killed cross evos for good
>hordes
Wow who gives a shit just inject
>amie
Yes lets make a new option to make the game even easier than before by mega buffing shitmons ok
>super training
Hilariously tedious and outdone unintentionally by said hordes
>rididng Pokemon
You actually liked the mamoswine and rhydon routes, please off yourself faggot
>dexnav
Okay Ill give you that
>soaring
Pointless waste of time if Fly hadnt existed then maybe not
>better breeding
playing bicycle simulator rofl
>3d models for the first time
Yeah and they were fugly desaturated off model pixelated and cause shitton of lag. Its sad when a mobile game has better models

Kalosperms are the cancer killing Pokemon desu
>>
>>29199300
Are you sure no Pokemon or Alola forms will be broken in gen 7?
>>
>>29199235
Gardevoir was trash before Gen 6.
>>
>>29198998
>So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was the worst Gen in Pokemon.
It's a "let's circlejerk about how bad gen 6 is" episode!
It's already seen as the worst gen by many people. This thread is pointless.

>le now that the dust has settled maymmay
It's been almost two years since ORAS was realeased. Fuck off.
>>
>>29199304
You do realize most of these will be in Sun and Moon?
>>
>>29199321
At least right now they seem okay, I hope im right tho.
>>29199304
(You)
>>
>>29199304
"i dont like these stuff so it doesnt count!"
>>
>>29199304
>actually liked cross evos
>actually thinks people only liked amie because it gave you buffs
>actually thinks injecting is a valid argument against anything
>>
>>29199354
/thread
>>
>>29199157
In other words, gen 6 spoon fed you fucking normies, and have a shit tier linear 1 way plot aetting. Fuck you faggot.
>>
>>29199304
>3d models
>some of them ripped even from Pokémon Stadium
>ones who were redone became inferior

Hahahahahaha
>>
>>29199211
Fucking normie. Xy gameplay a shit, like you
>>
I don't care about the fucking spoonfeeding, but 6th gen feels rushed as fuck
>>
>>29199407
Do you think it is always about the plot? How many times did you /actually/ get a plot apart from BW's great story? In my opinion, Gen 6's plot was way much better than Gen 1 and Gen 2.
>>
>>29198998
Nah. It's the second worst, the worst one is Gen 1.
>>
>>29199437
>>29199407
>>29199304
Samefag

You need to get some help, seriously
>>
>>29199298
Why are you even comparing the 1st gen with xy horrible rpg plays and settings? Please rephrase your sentence you cancer.
>>
File: 5579.png (354KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
5579.png
354KB, 750x650px
>29199428
not getting my (You)
>>
lots of great quality of life mechanics were added

after replaying it though, the pacing is definitely off and it feels very railroaded
>>
>>29199487
Can't even prove someone is samefagging and claims they are. You are the turd that needs to stop acting like a smart ass.

tl;dr L2track samefagging
>>
>>29199488
Kek you're dumb as hell my man
>>
No. Objectively it's still gen 1. And id honestly say gen 2 is probably still a run for second place getting past the nostalgia, though Johto will always have a place in my heart.
>>
>>29199487
And fuck you newfag, if you dont even know what samefagging is, dont fucking use the term.

Go be a cancer in facebook or leddit
>>
>>29199477
No, gen one was alright... until the "fans" and pokemon go
>>
I don't get why people suck Hidden Ability dick. It's pretty much giving pokemon another ability. Gen 4 added a decent amount of extra abilities to mons without some sort of hidden bullshit and it's not like people praise that so much.
>>
>>29198998
>Says Gen 6 is the worst because it didnt bring anything new to the table
>Gets a decent list of stuff that was introduced in gen 6
>"ITS ALL SHIT, SHUT THE FUCK UP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

wew lad, get a life
>>
>>29199487
Replying several times to the same thread =/= samefagging.
>>
not so much hate against gen 6 as much as the series as a whole.

i hate how fast you can complete the games. i wish they took longer. i completed omega ruby in a day for example....

the story is also shit. red and blue had stories, but they were not in your face stories... now? some sort of anime type story that always involves some fat dude for diversity.

i hate how you get a legendary at the end of each game.

mega evolution is beyond stupid and a slap in the face for originality.

3d graphics are awful but that's more nintendo's fault for wanting to jew out with the 3ds hardware.

super training is stupid.

blizzard imo has been doing pokemon better with battlepets.
>>
XY is certainly my least favorite gen. It wasn't very fun for me. But my favorite games are FRLG and B2W2 so my opinion might not mean much to a lot of you.
-I think Mega evolutions were implemented poorly. They should have been reserved for 2- and 3-stage Pokemon that aren't competitively viable. Giving them to OU and Ubers Pokemon was fucking stupid.
-Even with the EXP Share off the game is piss easy. There's never a reason to grind unless you catch a new pokemon that's at a lower level than most of Pokemon in that area. You just walk through gym leaders and bad guys like they're nothing.
-The region is just kind of boring and uninspired.
-The "rivals" fucking suck. Holy shit with these rivals.
-The story and villain were the worst in the franchise.
-The small number of new Pokemon really pissed me off. The biggest draw for new gens for me is the new Pokemon. Having a small number of new Pokemon in lieu of fucking Megas was a terrible decision IMO.
-Fairy type didnt solve anything since it just became the NEW overpowered type.
>>
ORAS is my all time favorite pokemon game and overall this gen was the most fun I've had with pokémon.
>>
I loved gen 6. It brought some of the magic back to pokemon I missed in gen 5. There are plenty of faults yes but I loved it and it gave us a huge selection of pokemon to use in every game. Was it short? Yes. But you could replay it so many ways with the huge selection that was given to you. I loved that it had a certain character to it. I can understand why you might not like it. Gen 6 will probably be one of my favorite generations in the long term though since I loved each pokemon added. There weren't a lot of them but I liked them all.
>>
>>29199745
>Even with the EXP Share off the game is piss easy. There's never a reason to grind unless you catch a new pokemon that's at a lower level than most of Pokemon in that area. You just walk through gym leaders and bad guys like they're nothing.

fucking this. my entire team was always 2 - 5 levels higher than the gym leaders pokemon by the time i got to them. forget if you grind and have xp share on. then your team will be 10+ levels.

it's outrageous with how fast you can complete the games now. you don't even have to try.
>>
>it's another /vp/ doesn't know what the word objectively means episode
>>
>>29199842
my team was alway at least 5 level below gym leaders and 15 under the elite 4
>>
>>29198998
I recently replayed XY and I found that you can skip like 90% of trainers. Even doing that the gyms and elite 4 still posed no challenge.

Getting interrupted every route by NPCs is fucking awful and fucks with the flow of the game, does not even feel like an adventure.

Overall I'd say it's fun for a first paythrough when you're blinded by the new pokemon.
>>
>>29199812
My only issue with ORAS was the fucking joke that was the post game. Even worse by the fact that there was going to be a battle frontier but they obviously decided to rush it out instead.
>>
>>29199927
Literally how?
>>
Hyper training makes better breeding look like shit even if it will still be useful

There were not interesting characters in gen 6, the games were laggy as hell and the lack of postgame was aggravating to say the least.
>>
>>29198998
I didn't like the games that much but gen 6 perfected the connectivity aspect of Pokemon. It's always been an important part of their vision but it didn't feel fully realized until X and Y.

Part of this comes down to the connectivity features built into the 3DS like StreetPass of course, but for the first time it really felt like connectivity wasn't a side feature.
>>
>>29199304
so true. 6 was the worst gen by miles
>>
>>29199235
Charizard was absolute wank pre Gen 6. It was only a fanfavourite that does not make it good. Same idea to a lesser extent with Gardevoir. Garchomp's Mega was shit and was inferior to normal Garchomp. Also Lopunny, Camerupt, Ampharos, Mawile, Kangaskhan, Sableye, Medicham, Gallade, Beedrill, Aerodactyl, Absol all would have words.
>>
>>29200054
Because not everyone spends there time fighting every encounter and trainer they see. I was also underleved on first play though when I didn't use the EXP share. Why are you acting so hostile about other people not finding the problems you have? Calm your tits friend.
>>
>>29200525
>Hyper training makes better breeding look like shit even if it will still be useful
Getting your pokemon to 100 takes way more time than breeding even if blissey bases somehow return.
>>
>>29199304
>Fairy type in unbalanced
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>29199407
stay mad nigger
>>
> fairy type
Made me literally hate the game once I encountered it.
>>
>>29199304
Fairy is not more imbalanced than gen 1 psychic or gen 5 dragon. Eviolite killed cross evos for good. Megas were the workaround. And yeah some people actually give a shit about you know training their Pokemon. I mean effort was it that. Also are you saying you didn't like riding Skiddo. You heartless monster.
>>
>>29198998
>Gen 5 added rotation and triple battles, hidden abilities, IV inheritance (I think), GTS, and more customization options
Half of these are wrong or at least so poorly implemented that they might as well be.

Gen 5's customization options are so bad that you literally can't access them anymore, the GTS was introduced in Gen 4 (and isn't accessible anymore in Gen 5 anyway), and IV inheritance has been getting progressively better for a long time and wasn't made reasonable until Gen 6.

So you've got Hidden Abilities, which were only barely a mechanic change, and two types of battles that nobody cares about.
>>
>>29199304
Houses the exact same models with a different texture though.
>>
I like that there was more than one bed in the homes of like 4 people. It was the small little touches that made it.
>>
>>29201753
>Why are you acting so hostile
You're responding to
>Literally how?
If that's too hostile for you to handle you might enjoy yourself more on Tumblr, you massive cunt.
>>
>>29199157
hi joe
>>
This thread is just one of those false flag gets hating on X and Y to show people who actually X and Y are just shit posters

Fuck off
>>
>>29202144
>to show people who actually X and Y are just shit posters
>>
>>29202144
Damn, finished your 3rd grade writing homework yet buddy?
>>
Gen VI gav us bench sitting so it's best gen
>>
>>29198998
Im with you. Gen 6 is pretty forgettable. While I admit that I love most of the pokemon,everything else just felt bland. Probably because of all the gen I pandering.
>>
>29199500
>>29199428
>>29199428
>>29199428

Lol scrub
>>
>>29199745
>The story and villain were the worst in the franchise.
That's gen 3 tho.
>>
>>29203709
Gen 3 had motives that somewhat made sense though

While accomplishing their goal
>>
Gen 6 changed my opinions on the pokemon games from:

> these games haven't improved since fucking Ruby / Sapphire version, they are so stale... I'm so sick of these games

to

> Wow I really love Pokemon again, this is a breath of fresh air for this series! Can't wait for Gen 7!
>>
>>29203762
What did he mean by this
>>
File: 1387591782070.jpg (21KB, 177x178px) Image search: [Google]
1387591782070.jpg
21KB, 177x178px
>>29198998
So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that OP is a colossal cocksucking faggot?
>>
>All this people saying Faity is overpowered
>Steel and Water still exist

Fairy is among the best types but not strong enough to be considered OP unless you also want to consider OP Steel and Water
>>
I really, really like Gen 2 and the remakes, but they just have one problem:

By the time you have grinded enough to battle the rivals, the gyms, and get your team up to level, the wild Pokemon are way too low level to grind down.

Only minus. Rest is brilliant, but the grinding is fucking tedious.
>>
>>29203974
Steel/Fairy and Water/Fairy are pretty broken.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.