[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gyarados, Hyper Beam attack!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Clair_Gyarados_Hyper_Beam.png (906KB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Clair_Gyarados_Hyper_Beam.png
906KB, 1174x881px
No, seriously.

When was the last time you taught Hyper Beam to anything?

How would you even go about making this move not trash?
>>
You give it to a pokemon that doesn't need to charge attacks for it's ability.
>>
Scarf Adaptability Porygon-Z is based, Anon
>>
Snorlax's signature Z-Move apparently requires Giga Impact.

Maybe something like Porygonium-Z (usable by full line) will require Hyper Beam?
>>
It's good in Super PMD

Not only can you use it at range so you won't be left vulnerable during the recharge turn but it also causes an explosion that destroys walls and does splash damage in a small area around the impact tile
>>
>>29182437
Just remove recharge turn when it KOs like in Gen 1
>>
>>29182437
For Togekiss in HGSS. Worked as a perfect nuke for anything that couldn't be killed.
>>
When I'm feeling retarded I go on ladder with specs hyper beam Sylveon and make people quit. The reactions are quite funny.
>>
>>29182437
In-game on switch they are great.

Gen 1 Hyperbeam was bae.
Gen 2 hyper beam wasn't great, but 75 BP per turn wasn't as bad then.
Gen 3 Hyperbeam was good on Slaking. Same with Giga Impact come gen 4.
Gen 4 Roar of Time has a niche on Dialga, since it can pop an unexpected OHKO on things. Life Orb strat detailed below.
Gen 5 nothing of note. General move power creep hits hard here.
Gen 6, -Ate Hyper Beam can actually be worth it, again for securing unexpected KOs, and because 90BP before stab per turn isn't bad.

If you have a guaranteed way to make your Pokemon faint after using it, Hyper Beam and its relatives are actually quite decent. Betting on a Life Orb to take off your last bit of HP can make it decent, as can hoping for toxic damage, though you can't rely on that.
The biggest flaw with Hyper Beam right now is power creep. 150 B just does not mean what it used to, with 140 BP moves with just a stat drop floating around. Hyper Beam and co need to get buffed up to say, 200bp to make them worth using again. Even then they would still need care to use properly.
>>
>>29182437
Gardevoir and Porygon-Z.
Guaranteed finishers if the opponent can't do anything after your beam
>>
>>29182621
>140BP moves with just a stat drop
Or Boomburst, a 140BP move with literally zero drawbacks (though admittedly intentionally shit distribution)
>>
Porygon-Z makes great use of it

can be used on things with Pixilate if you really want things dead
>>
>>29182437
It's pretty good on Adaptability Porygon-Z.
>>
>>29182698
Well Soundproof is sort of a drawback, but a very rare one
>>
>>29182698
Or V-Create, a 180 bp move with a stat drop that doesn't impact its ability to keep dealing damage. With even shittier distribution.
>>
>>29182773
>implying losing speed is not a huge issue
>>
>>29182437
I use that move in game .i DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
>>
>>29182437
Original Ruby
On a Slaking
>>
>>29182885
this

STAB hyper beam on a mon with high attack decimates anything that doesn't resist it.

plus, the recharge doesn't matter because of truant.
>>
>>29182831

...like, consistently? It's always seemed like the quickest way to gimp a poke
>>
>>29182437
It was great in gen 1 you dumbass.
>>
>>29182486
[citation needed]
>>
>>29182437
Have Hyper Beam go back to the way it was in Gen 1 (no recharge if target is KOd) and do the same for the other variants (Rock Wrecker, Frenzy Plant, Roar of Time, etc).
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.