[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

R4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: r4.jpg (27KB, 302x318px) Image search: [Google]
r4.jpg
27KB, 302x318px
Why aren't you using one of these /vp/?
>>
>>29178010
But I am. I love having all the Advance Wars.
>>
>>29178010
I am using on as well. I primarily use mine to gen things from gen 5 and older because I don't have a dongle.
>>
>>29178010
I have one. Gen 5 inventories lags for me. I need a better microsd.
>>
>>29178010
Is there anyone left who isn't?

Honestly, even if you're opposed to piracy for moral reasons (which I entirely respect, if you are), you can play romhacks and randomized roms of games you legally own on the 3DS. It's a fantastic tool regardless of piracy views.
>>
>>29178010
I had one. They dropped the updates and fucked me because I had to update the console to play fire emblem. They just released a new card for 4,5 instead of updating the fucking piece of shit like they were always doing.
>>
Because i’m using a DStwo
>>
>>29178194

DSTWO lags like crazy
>>
>>29178230
It works fine for me
>>
>>29178010
>paying a third party so you don't have to pay someone else for games
I'll never understand why retards push flashcarts so much.
>>
>>29178010
because i already own every cartridge
>>
Because I can play anything I wanted on my computer. Why would I then want to go look at them on a tiny screen?
>>
>>29178346
It's not about piracy. It's about consolidation, accessibility, and flexibility. Having all of your games on one cart, having access to games not released in your region or games only available for hilarious prices on ebay, and having the ability to play romhacks and back up saves.
>>
I have a DSTwo. It's legit. Do the 3ds ones actually work for 3ds games now? My n3ds is fully up to date.
>>
>>29178423
It's nice being able to sit downstairs, away from the PC, and play a randomized version of Soulsilver while hanging out with my roommates. playing pokemon on a DS just FEELS better for some people.

But I'm not one of those A9LH dipshits who's going to treat you like a moron for not using software/hardware I use. To each their own. If any of the benefits listed sound nice, look into it.
>>
>>29178425
>It's not about piracy. It's about taking games for free because fuck the secondary market or importing!
If you're really too lazy to swap carts you should just buy digital then.
>>
>>29178010
Can you just buy one of these and get the same functionality of hacking your 3DS?
>>
>>29178425
In other words it's so you can pirate games. Don't be a faggot own up to the fact you steal games.
>>
>>29178477
Buy digital? Friend, these cards are primarily for original DS games, not 3DS games. Good luck buying TWEWY digital. Or Pokemon Pearl. And good luck getting Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! working on a non-japanese 3DS.
>>
>>29178491
No, all it does is let you play ds roms without CFW. Nothing else.
>>
>>29178512
literally all of the games I have on mine are games I own or games that are not region-compatible with my 3DS.
>>
>>29178010
Nintendo eShop
>>
>>29178512
>stealing games
what do you mean? i only play my backups? that's what we ALL do, pal.
>>
I am, though.
>>
>>29178472
True, for those who have people to hang out with. I'm kinda in the middle of nowhere, so being mobile isn't as important to me.
That being said, I'm waiting for the ability to load ds roms off of the 3ds sd card. Not sure I'd sacrifice the space on my sd card for them, though.
>>
>>29178555
DStwo also supports gba emulation
>>
>>29178620
That is also true, but I think that comes with a cpu that drains battery.
>>
>>29178010
I'm sorry, I don't know what that is.
>>
>>29178545
If that's the case cut the mental gymnastics and just get an emulator. Literally any electronics you own can do DS emulation just fine.
>>
>>29178423
>Why would I then want to go look at them on a tiny screen?
Emulating is fine, but why would you play portable games on a big screen? Do you enjoy seeing the graphics all pixelated and fucked up?
>>
>>29178729
Not my gameboy
>>
>>29178762
this.
>>
>>29178578
My reason as well, though as I see a lot more people pirating I'm not sure if that's still a problem. It was a few years ago, which is why I stopped bothering with 3DS flashcards.

At this point I have most games I wanted for the system so there's little reason to get one, or look into whether or not it still gets you kicked out of e-shop and online functions.
>>
>>29178729
Playing DS games on the DS itself is better.
Well, maybe mobile works fine, I never tried. But playing DS games on systems without a touchscreen is just terrible.
>>
I already own the games I care about.
>>
>>29178010
I'm using mine right now. Playing Randomized Pokemon White right now. Just got to the Elite Four. I have every Pokemon game from D/P/Pt to B2/W2 on it. It's amazing.
>>
>>29178848
>mouse and keyboard/20
>>
>>29178010
>piracy
Literally kill yourself you NEET poorfag
>>
>>29179215
why would you want poorfags to kill themselves?
if everyone who's poorer than you does it you're the one whose gonna end up being a poorfag
>>
>>29178010
Because I already had something for my DS Lite that worked for my 3DS.
>>
>>29178176
>(which I entirely respect, if you are)
If you really feel that way, then you should be aware that using roms of any kind within this context is illegal. Making 'backups' of games is illegal. Playing romhacks is illegal. So, it is not something for the dinks that think legality and morality are the same. desu Nintendo deserves to have their stuff pirated for obvious reasons.
>>
File: 1467401115155.jpg (22KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1467401115155.jpg
22KB, 500x313px
>>29178010
I don't own 3DS
>>
>>29179215
> complaning about piracy
> at /vp/
>>
File: IMG_1841.png (89KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1841.png
89KB, 600x606px
When are DS games gonna be bootable off the SD?
>>
>>29179941
It's actually legal in most of the world, just not Freedomland.

American rules apply to Americans. Sorry.
>>
>>29180076
when hitler rises from the ashes
>>
I suppose I'll get one at some point, but I feel like I've pretty much played any DS game I would like. I recall having an R4 for my DS Lite and Rhythm Heaven running like shit on it. I had lost my original copy and downloaded the rom and it was awful. Ended up just buying another physical version.
>>
I've been thinking about buying one, I sold all my pre-Gen VI games a while ago since I had an old R4 but that thing died a while back. I just want to replay Black and Black 2
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>29178010
Got pic related. Is it compatibe with 11.1?
>>
can anyone point me to a website where the card supports the latest firmware? most sites i'm seeing seems to have stopped updating a long time ago or died
>>
File: 4L_o7rBSQn9.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
4L_o7rBSQn9.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>29178010
Because I coded a way to load them off my 3DS's SD card
>>
>>29181642
http://www.gatewayultra.com/wood-r4i-gold-3ds-rts.html
>>
>>29178010
Because I can already play the DS games on my smartphone or computer.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.