[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manchildren BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

From an interview Masuda gave to GoNintendo

>On Pokemon's long-lasting success
>"[...] But the thing that all our games really have in common is that we start by designing them with the younger audience in mind, and then add elements for our other core players. [...]"

You are not the core audience /vp/. You matter less to Masuda than anyone in the world.

>http://gonintendo.com/stories/266862-masuda-talks-pokemon-s-staying-power-brand-success-keeping-the
>http://gonintendo.com/stories/266862-masuda-talks-pokemon-s-staying-power-brand-success-keeping-the
>>
>>29177136
Thats obvious and thats why gen 7 will be on the same difficulty level as gen 6
>>
Meanwhile, Masuda insults the intelligence of children by putting Exp. Share atthe very start of Gen 6 games.
>>
>>29177136
wow and all this time I thought pokemon's target audience were grown ups!
>>
>>29177136
I like that he completely BTFO Lockstin's retarded reboot theory.
>>
>>29177136
Op please stop.
>>
>>29177175
>caring about difficulty in Pokemon

They're all easy as fuck, when will this meme end?
>>
>>29177193
>children
>intelligence
Everyone born after 2000 is legitimately retarded.
>>
>>29177136
hahaha, great post, faker

POKEMON is obviosly for ADULTS stop posting fakes

u must watch TRAsh caroon too lol, thats for kids but POKEMON is full of adult characters like RED
>>
wtf I hate Pokemon now
>>
>>29177136
No shit? What autist thought this wasn't made for children?
>>
>>29177256
Well, not really.

His theory only says that there'll be a reboot/retool after gen 7. He only said that one of the possibilities is that future games might try to pander to the older fans, but they can still do a reboot while keeping their target audience (see BW, which was a soft reboot)

Not that I think his theory is in any way going to become a fact (I don't deny the alchemy stuff because it IS there, but I really don't think any sort of reboot/retool will happen), I'm just saying Masuda's statement doesn't really disproves it.
>>
>>29177373
He's backpedalled a lot on his theory now to try and cover for every single eventuality
>>
>>29177352
>What autist thought this wasn't made for children?
>Unironically says this while posting on a mongolian knitting board about a vietnamise dog fighting simulator
>>
>>29177352
/vp/
>>
>>29177193
The opposite if anything.

>intelligent children will understand what it does in a few fights and turn it off if they care

Meanwhile /v/ and /vp/ adults are too dumb to even do that.
>>
wtf I hate Pokemon now
>>
Is this supposed to be surprising/controversial? Are there people deluded into thinking Pokemon is a game for adults first, children second? Besides it's a good thing. Games for adults are shit because all adults want is realism.
>>
>>29177297
If you're prepared, yes.

If you're like me and charge blindly into every single battle, you will get your ass kicked.
>>
>>29177389
Yes, he has. Though he has mostly done so regarding small details, like he counted on Ash winning the Kalos league so his story could finally end. He hasn't so much about core of his theory (alchemy and life and death stuff pointing out to some sort of apocalyptic event that will result in a reboot).

But the fact that his theory seems to be falling apart, even if by little pieces, is why I personally don't think he's right. Also because I think it would be a bad move from a business point of view. Yes, the games sales have been in decline, but they sell pretty well considering they are on exclusive consoles and face a lot more of competition these days.
>>
>>29177400
No one here doesn't think that the series doesn't have a large focus on a young audience. It's clear that the series is and always had an "everyone" intention in mind, literally no ones ever denied that.

Nothing about this is surprising.
>>
>>29177400
>grown ups can't talk about a franchise without thinking it panders exclusively to them

I mean, I know a lot of /vp/ wishes the games would focus on older fans more, but I doubt many are delusional enough to actually believe GF is doing it/will do it in the future.
>>
File: 1321985747084.png (2KB, 111x107px) Image search: [Google]
1321985747084.png
2KB, 111x107px
>>29177577
>If you're like me and charge blindly into every single battle, you will get your ass kicked.

Is this bait or are you mentally challenged? Even if you have only shitmon in your team, there is no way you will lose a battle. You can even heal while in the fight. Please, be a troll.
>>
>>29177136
I realised with that mangosteen poke that gf may also be trying to court little girls.

No wonder no complete set of new mons is perfect, they have like 6 different bases to appeal to
They could still manage to make the game harder though, especially with all the help they give out. Really the only demographic that has a hard time with a challenge is the super young demographic anyway.

I hope pokemon is around long enough for me to introduce it to future children
>>
>>29177835
pretty sure he's talking about a young kid's first pokemon game

i was a pretty dumb kid and i'm sure i lost some battles in red. but then again i was still able to beat the game without help despite being too shit to beat even ocarina of time, and having no other experience with turn based rpgs. idk what my point is anymore
>>
>>29177909
I can't even imagine a set of circumstances that would lead to Pokemon ending. It's more likely to become a modern Simpsons-tier zombie than to outright finish in our lifetimes I think.
>>
>>29177928
Talking about being dumb, it took me 30 mins, a tantrum, a lot of crying and my parents to leave the first house in pokemon.

I wasnt smart, but as you said, i somehow managed to beat the game and i dont think they are getting much harder.

I have worked with children for a long time (1. to 5. grade) and they had little to no problems with pokemon - at all. They hated B/W2 and went back to HG/SS though.
>>
>quoting part of the article to make his point seem different than the one he's actually making

Why is this allowed?

"“There are lots of activities that can be enjoyed by adults alongside kids. Think about football, for example. Younger kids may not understand the more complex rules of the game, but both they and adults alike can enjoy playing and seeing the incredible skills of real players. We’re always researching these kinds of elements that can be appreciated and enjoyed regardless of age, and looking to add them to our games.”
>>
>>29177988
>They hated B/W2 and went back to HG/SS
shit taste
>>
>>29178007
>Doing X makes Y, and Y is bad
>Watch me do X as well
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 8f1.png (586KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
8f1.png
586KB, 600x856px
>>29177136
>"Manchildren BTFO"
>unironically posting as a manchild.
>>
>>29177136
>Posts a quote referencing the primary demographic and "our other core players"
>"lmao you're not core players guys!"

Anon, you're embarrassing yourself

Not being the most prioritized demographic is not the same as not being a target demographic at all.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.