[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Grass starters suck so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: Charizard-Greninja-banner.jpg (232KB, 890x415px) Image search: [Google]
Charizard-Greninja-banner.jpg
232KB, 890x415px
Why do Grass starters suck so much?
>>
>>29172274
ivysaur
>>
>>29172274
Yeah i don't get it. I've never ever used a grass starter through all gens.

There's a first for everyone. Pokemon Sun will be that first.
>>
>>29172274

Because Grass sucks as a type?
>>
>>29172274
Why does charizard have a higher bst than Venusaur. Why aren't all starters equal?
>>
Bulbasaur, Snivy and Treeko exist.
>>
>>29172274
Mega Sceptile, Serperior and Robinhoot are all better than those turds you posted, OP.
>>
File: Triggered raptor.png (1MB, 1280x720px)
Triggered raptor.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29172274
>IMplying
>>
>>29172336
Same for me!
>>
>>29172274
Tell that to regular Venusaur and Serperior, both managed to become the best starters of their Gen despite all those weaknesses (Serperior had to wait until ORAS to become relevant though)
>>
Grass starters are fine. Fire starters look boring to me.
The only thing wrong with grass starter is the grass type being shit.
>>
>>29172274
>I don't want to fuck them so they suck

nice meme
>>
>>29172340
This. Unless OP means their design then he's a bigger faggot than I would have thought. Grass wins most gens in that regard.
>>
File: sceptile.jpg (276KB, 719x1279px) Image search: [Google]
sceptile.jpg
276KB, 719x1279px
>>29172274
for you
>>
>>29172274
M-Sceptile is the grass type of that trio, anon.
>>
>>29172274
they are the hard mode
picking the grass starter separates the men from the children
>>
>>29172770
What the fuck is wrong with its head
>>
File: 1413085650656.jpg (51KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413085650656.jpg
51KB, 450x600px
they have to balance out how they always have the best designs by making them shit in battle
>>
>>29172827
Nothing, it's called perspective nignog
>>
File: 1476477721954.png (433KB, 735x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1476477721954.png
433KB, 735x1088px
>>29172274
Not all of them.
>>
>>29172827
It's not buried between my legs.
>>
>>29172864
>phanpy used ice shard!
>>
File: cilan_chili_cress_young.png (250KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
cilan_chili_cress_young.png
250KB, 520x293px
>>29172274
Grass starters are one of the bests imo. Most grass types you find in the wild are worse than your starter and if your has leech seed then you're set to have a good ol' grass type starter. The only exception in where grass types are shit are Meganium and Chesnaught, and maybe Serperior (low attack, decent defenses, mono grass) because of no Leech Seed or very shitty resistances. Also Sceptile even though doesn't has Leech Seed, can learn it via egg hatching and even if you don't learn it Sceptile is a fast attacker, not a tank so i doesn't need to be in his moveset anyway. Also it has Giga Drain which already heals him so that's a plus, and with Leaf Blade with a high crit. ratio it just does a very good combo.
Then with fire starters the main advantage i see in them is that in early rutes they're the most useful because of bug and grass types you find there and the rest of pokes are neutral to fire (and fire starters are always good at doing damage) and the other reason is that fire types are always avaiable mid-game and are very uncommon, per example in Sinnoh, at least not in Platinum if you don't choose Infernape and want a fire type you only have Rapidash.
Water types are the most common and replaceable out of the 3 starters. Mostly in every game you can get a Gyarados or another OP water poké and replace it with your starter because it just does pretty well overall. Water starters are pretty good too, but usually they don't tend to highlight very much in gyms, in every region the best poké in gyms usually is Grass or Fire starter but Water always does neutral instead of good or bad.

In all gens of pokemon my starters are 3 grass types, 3 fire types and just one water type being Oshawott in 5th gen. Just because even though Emboar does better in gyms and Serperior worse, Emboar can be replaced by Darmanitan which you get early, and Serperior even though it has Leech Seed, low attack, replaceable.
Having said that water starters are the worst imo.
>>
>>29172346
Thats something unova starters did right all had 528 bst or something
>>
I love plenty of their designs but grass from the very start start of the series was meant to be a common type weak to a ton of stuff. The limited movepools, solar beam and razor leaf being pretty much it w/o exceptions like leaf blade or seedbomb all the way until energy ball became a tm (that just like ice beam a million better types learn), and the insistence on pairing them with poison and bug and many being defensive with status moves being the main dish certainly didn't help
>>
>>29172274
no, u suck so much
>>
>>29172274
>posting fat faggot dragon, the leader of the worst type of starters, then insulting grass starters
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>29172847
Torterra is the best, wish he got something like Shell Smash to buff him.
>>
>>29172346
Charizard was actually worse than Venusaur for a long, long time.
>>
>>29172274
They don't. Nintendo don't push them down your throat like those two. And according to your pic every other fire and water starter but greninja and charizard suck.
>>
>>29172369
>Still fucked by Gekkouga
>>
>>29172274
because grass isn't the best typing and they keep insisting on making the grass starter pure grass
>>
>>29172369
>Torterra is the best, wish he got something like Shell Smash to buff him.
I have only watched the last 5 or 6 episodes of XYZ but this green head guy annoyed me every second he was on screen.
>>
Robinhoot will complete the trio of iconic starters
he will
i swear
screencap this
>>
>>29175848
Would be nice to see them see them boost the stats of all the starters up to 535 or whatever the highest is. Give venusaur 110 special attack. Maybe boost torterras hp or defenses.0
>>
>>29172827
It's a lizard pendejo. Have you ever seen one?
>>
Grass > fire

When it comes down to looks atleast. Only edge lords pick the fire starter.
>>
As far as being "mascot" tier, yes, grass doesn't have that starter yet. None popular enough to be its own character in Smash at least (Ivysaur was a trio).

Charizard and Greninja are more popular than any grass starter, but the closest grass starter would probably be Sceptile. I'd like to believe Robinhoot will finally be the one.
>>
File: rip.gif (823KB, 400x210px)
rip.gif
823KB, 400x210px
Because Grass types are shit compared to the balanced fire type and water type.

Both fire and water have two weaknesses, and have fair offenses; Fire more offensive than water, and water more balanced. Grass is suppose to be the defensive choice of starter (in most instances), but it has 5 weaknesses right off the bat. It doesn't help that its easily walled and resisted by double the amount of typings as water.

This is not to say all grass starters are bad. Venusaur excels at being the defensive tank that grass types are suppose to be, but this is only because of its dual typing. If Venusaur didn't have Poison typing (moves/stab), I'd be just as shitty as Meganium. Sceptile is mediocre at best, only having slight viability due to its speed, too bad its stab is horrible offensively. Torterra (my favorite grass starter), is gets fucked over completely; its ground typing is suppose to act as an offensive boost, but its speed makes his ground type a hindrance with 4x weakness to ice. Serperior was shit, but was saved by its hidden ability, and Chesnaught is shit-tier.

The best way for gamefreak to save Grass starters is to balance them out.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.