[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this guy a legendary or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

File: Tapu.Koko.full.2014285.jpg (639KB, 1178x1324px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu.Koko.full.2014285.jpg
639KB, 1178x1324px
So is this guy a legendary or not?
>>
>>29170593
A legendary jobber
>>
>>29170593
that's a good fucking question.
we will have to wait and see
>>
>>29170654
/thread
>>
>>29170593
Yes he is, why wouldn't he ?
>>
Probably, and it will just as be strong as the Regis.
>>
There will probably only be one of each guardian per game, but perhaps they won't receive the legendary status given how comfortable they seem to be interacting with humanity. I wouldn't be surprised if Type:Null is the same way: only one in the game, but not labeled legendary.
>>
>>29170717
How are legendary pokemon labeled?
>>
>>29170726
Language. It just comes down to how Gamefreak/TPC chooses to advertise them. I could be wrong, but Tapu Koko hasn't had "legendary" associated with it yet, officially.
>>
>>29170593

How many island guardians are there, and what will the other types be?
>>
File: tapu_koko_by_stickietape-da8te1g.png (333KB, 1024x1229px) Image search: [Google]
tapu_koko_by_stickietape-da8te1g.png
333KB, 1024x1229px
Fuck, at first I thought it looked retarded but now it grow in me big time. I hope it wont be a legendary so I can use it in my team.
>>
Nope. Confirmed by based Joe.
>>
>>29170593
No. For fuck's sake, no.
And each guardian won't be called "Tapu something" either. You people are literally retarded.
>>
>>29170941
Each of the 4 main islands are confirmed to have a guardian like Tapu Koko, so at least 4.

As for typings, some speculate that the island variants of Oricorio match typings with their corresponding island guardians. (Electric, Fire, Ghost, Psychic).
>>
I hope not.

If I can't breed it, I don't use it competitively. And I want to use this fucker.
>>
>>29171308
I don't get the problem wit using lesser legendaries. They are often less powerful than many regular pokémon you can catch.
>>
>>29171430
Legendary Pokemon-use stigma has been around since the first generation of Pokemon games.

Back then, non-Legendary Pokemon weren't nearly as diverse in competitive viability as they are now, due to new Moves or Hidden Abilities that help them remain competitive nowadays not existing back then.

This same stigma applies to Mega Evolution, which is arguably a bigger problem as it buffs some already-powerful Pokemon to Legendary (and sometimes above-Legendary) power tiers.
>>
Yes, it has the same formatting as legendaries on the English site.
>>
>>29170593
Mythical
>>
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

Click on the "LEGENDARY" button.
>>
>>29171934
>http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

That list should have Magearna and Zygarde.
>>
>>29171934
So Magearna isn't a legendary either?
>>
File: legends.jpg (103KB, 467x581px) Image search: [Google]
legends.jpg
103KB, 467x581px
>>
>>29171992
This. Only the legendaries have bigger boxes on the website.
>>
>>29170726
The thing that really makes legendary pokémon different from regular pokémon is the fact that you can only get one of the species per game unless you trade them from somewhere else, and for mythical pokémon is the fact that they can only be obtainable through events. That's why most of them don't breed, and also why the only one that can breed (Manaphy) won't produce more Manaphy.
>>
>>29172008
Zygarde is the exception because it has 4 boxes to itself.
>>
>>29170717
>given how comfortable they seem to be interacting with humanity
But Landorus is a legendary and ingame people love it.
>>
>>29170717
I just realized, with the release of Olivia... Since she's a Kahuna, and we can assume they all have guardian pokemon for their respective island, Rhone she uses will probably be Rock/Fairy, if it keeps in line with Tapu Koko
>>
>>29170593
Island Guardian, so most likely. You can interact with it at Lv.60.
>>
>>29172053
Hala is a Fighting-type trainer, not Electric or Fairy, and he still uses an Electric/Fairy pokémon, so no, we can't assume that.
>>
>>29171400
With Olivia being released as a kahuna, and seeing how she uses Rock types, I'm willing to bet one of them is a rock type. There isn't much of a reason for the island guardians to follow the typing convetion of oricorio.
>>
>>29172084
You do realize that Hala has a crabrawler, right?
Last time I checked, Crabrawler isn't an electric type.
>>
>>29171495
It never made much sense to me. Articuno and Moltres have never been great pokémon.
In-game wise the only thing they have going for them is being available at very high level.
>>
>>29172084
>There isn't much of a reason for the island guardians to follow the typing convetion of oricorio
Considering the Oricorio colors match the islands' names and the regional flowers of their IRL counterparts, it makes perfect sense for their guardians to follow the same pattern.
>>
>>29172138
Red and Blue were really the only gen with relatively underpowered majority of Legendaries. Mewtwo and Zapdos were the big threats, and even Mew due to its diverse movepool.

As soon as gen 2 came out, there were the three legendary beasts to deal with, not to mention Ho-oh and Lugia who are difficult to take down even today if the set is bulky enough.

From then on, most Legendary Pokemon have been powerhouses in their own respects, whether it be as a staller, tank, glass cannon or straight-up sweeper.
>>
>>29171959
>>29171971
Mythicals are officially separated from Legendaries by GF
>>
>>29171971

It's a mythical
>>
>>29172615
Nah, many of the lesser legendaries have been pretty bad. Take the whole Regi trio who all suck and are available only after the 7th gym. Calling someone a pleb for using them in-game just boggles my mind.
>>
File: Lel.gif (1MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Lel.gif
1MB, 500x300px
Since it seems that you encounter in a wild fight, at a high level in a never seen before background that looks like ancient temple. I highly doubt that this thing in not a legendary
>>
File: NoCe5bw.png (676KB, 854x440px) Image search: [Google]
NoCe5bw.png
676KB, 854x440px
>>29173486
Since it seems like you encounter in a wild fight, at a high level in an ancient temple, I highly doubt that this thing is not a legendary
>>
>>29173562
I knew someone would post that, and I got nothing to counter it, despite maybe the fact that Tapu Koko seems to play an important role à la Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf
>>
>>29173562
Your post would have been funny if BW1 didn't give you a Larvesta 4 E4 and 2 badges before.
>>
>>29170717
>>29170726
>>29170755
Legendaries are the only Pokémon that can't hatch from an egg that was made from two parents in the daycare.
If Tapu and a Ditto doesn't do anything, then it's a Legendary.
>>
>>29170755
Well, Tapu Koko has been called a deity iirc
>>
>>29173486
The same formatting as legends on the ENG site, The guardians getting their own space on the JP site away from normal Pokemon, the fact that it is called a deity, and the fact that it seems to be singular all imply to me that this is not a regular Pokemon.
>>
>>29171992
Was gonna mention this if nobody else had. Tapu Koko is definitely a "lower-tier" legendary like legendary birds and stuff. It's just four instead of a trio this time.
>>
>>29170669
It isn't /thread you fucking idiot. It isn't a legendary. Go on the official Pokemon website, look at the new Pokemon and choose the legendary filter.
>>
>>29173793
/thread
>>
>>29173791
/thread
>>
>>29173818
>>29173833
/thread
>>
>>29172011
So Lapras, Mr. Mime, Eevee, and Farfetch'd were Legendaries in Gen 1?
>>
>>29173793
So, neither Zygarde or Magearna are listed there.
>>
>>29170593
We don't know. It and the other Island Guardians could be 580 BST quartet legends, or they could all evolve from a common pre-evolution. All we know is that Tapu Koko is encountered at level 60, but Volcarona also had a legendary-tier lore and encounter.

Considering this gen brought us another normal mom with a legendary-tier backstory in Silvally, I'm leaning towards the Tapu being more along the lines of Volcarona. We'll just have to see.
>>
>>29175147
Things were different back then. A lot of the concepts currently used in the franchise were either nonexistent or not well defined.

Since Gen 3, and maybe even Gen 2, almost everything in Pokémon has been more or less consistent about its own rules.
>>
>>29170712
>Electric/Fairy
>probably has a special sweeper spread
>free 50% boost to Electric moves
This thing is going to be way stronger than the Regis, legendary or not.
>>
>>29175775
A shame it might not be bulky enough to take on MegaMence. They really need to nerf that broken motherfucker to the ground.
>>
>>29170593
It seems likely. Tapu Koko also has a lot going for it.
>Electric/Fair
>Automatic Electric Terrain setter to prevent sleep and increase power of Electric moves
>Nature's Madness is basically a Fairy type Super Fang
These things alone already make it good, but of course we gotta know the stats
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.