[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is wonder trade coming back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: capapokemon.jpg (52KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
capapokemon.jpg
52KB, 640x300px
Is wonder trade coming back?
>>
yes, it was in one of the recent videos
>>
>>29170388
> the entire first month of wt after release is nothing but yungoos nicknamed trump
screencap this
>>
Those don't look like Flechling, Zigzagoon and Flabebe.
>>
>>29170388
Wait... won't it be SM only anymore then? Because of all the new pokemon?
>>
>>29170624
Yes. It would exist separately for Gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>29170624
Gen 7 and Gen 6 WT will likely be kept separate.

I don't think Nintendo's going to pull the plug on Gen VI's online services any time soon save for the tourneys.

Gen IV's online services was kept alive all the way up until online services for the entirety of the DS was shut down.
>>
>>29170624
3 options:

1: WT is S/M only. XY/ORAS have WT disabled.
2: WT in S/M have a different server from the XY/ORAS WT servers. So both can WT, but not between eachother. This would most likely be paired with a few month grace period before the XY/ORAS server is shut down and SM becomes the only WT.
3: They can WT just fine, but SM games trying to trade Alolan Pokemon can't be paired with XY/ORAS traders, and thus would be more likely to eventually be paired with other Alolan Pokemon trades.

Honestly, option 2 is the best and most likely outcome, being that it combines fairness and efficiency the best.
>>
WT isnt' going anywhere:
>http://www.pokemon-gl.com/oras/close_announcement/en/
>Even after the current service ends, you'll be able to keep enjoying the features of Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y using the Internet, such as Random Matchup Free Battles, the GTS, and Wonder Trades.

And you know how you can't trade certain Pokemon from ORAS to XY if they know a move that doesn't exist in XY, but it still works in WT because the service matches you with someone that has ORAS? I'd bet it'll work the same way once SM comes out. New Pokemon will only be tradeable between SM games, but if you try to trade one of the old mons in SM you might get something sent from the earlier games. That's what I'm hoping for at least.
>>
>>29170823
No they'll just be separate services in the same way each gen has their own GTS, there are too many compatibility problems like held items
>>
>>29170869
>too many compatibility problems like held items
Fingers crossed they don't got the Bank route and just stop letting you trade with held items entirely.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.