[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why are people upset over more dark skinned characters in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 34

File: Lenora.png (222KB, 523x847px) Image search: [Google]
Lenora.png
222KB, 523x847px
So why are people upset over more dark skinned characters in Pokemon?

They've been here since Gen 5.
>>
>>29167056
>upset
You mean happy? I don't think anyone is upset.
>>
>>29167056
brock
>>
iris is black
>>
>>29167056
No one really is, just shitposters looking for (you)'s
>>
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>29167227
>dark skinned characters
>>
>>29167056
Jynx
>>
>>29167082
brock is japonism faggot
>>
>>29167227
>Pacific Islander
>Asian
This is pokemon my friend
>>
File: Gabite.jpg (41KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
Gabite.jpg
41KB, 500x285px
>>29167056
>mfw I just realized Lenora tucks her shirt into her belt
>>
File: Black_2_White_2_Iris.png (161KB, 433x442px) Image search: [Google]
Black_2_White_2_Iris.png
161KB, 433x442px
>>29167227
>Pacific Islander
She's black.
>>
>>29167056
No nigress is allowed in Pokémon. Simple as that.
>>
/pol/ and tumblr memers
>>
>>29167056
Simple. Because, Pokémon and Pokémon GO are American games, not african.
>>
>>29167056
We've had Brock's south asian ass since gen 1. Brown people have always been a thing in pokemon.
>>
>>29167056
because they're stupid racists
>>
It's shitposting on both sides of the fence.

Though it's annoying seeing every idiot treating the darker characters in SM as African Americans. They're Native fucking Hawaiians.
>>
>>29167227
Iris is Indian or around that area
>>
>>29167082
Okinawan.
>>
Brock is only dark-skinned in the anime.

He is fairly light-skinned (like most japanese) in the games and in Origins.
>>
>>29167227
>>29167482
You mean the only thing (You) are upset about
>>
>>29167056
it's just shitposting
>>
>>29167657
They're black. Black doesn't mean African American dumbass. It just means black. Black people are in multiple places
>>
>>29167657
you tried way too hard with this
>>
>>29167056
Cause some edgy lil kids think its fun to act racist when everyone wants to fuck a black pokemon lady.
>>
Black people and SJW white people call for more representation for blacks, but where's the representation for brown people?

If Iris, Olivia, Olympia, Shauna are all blacks like the SJWs want so much, there's no brown people in Pokémon, despite brown people being far more numerous than blacks in the real world, but apparently, brown people representation doesn't matter for SJWs.

>Lenora, Grant, Marshal = black people

>Shauna, Olivia, Iria, Olympia = brown people

Simple as that.
>>
>>29167482
Iris' outfit is based off of a dashiki. I looked it up. Oh, and a dashiki is AFRICAN.
>>
>>29167839
people want more people of colour. This whole "black brown all around" shit didnt start until people started bitching about semantics

>>29167842
Seriously, are you lost? Do you know where you are right now? How many fingers am I holding up?
>>
>>29167508
Pokemon GO - yes
Pokemon - no

>>29167056
It's not dark skinned characters people dislike, it's that all dark skinned characters are automatically "black" according to some people.

Personally I think:
> Lenora is definately black
> Not sure about Iris, she could be indian or something
> Olivia is just a dark-skinned polynesian type. She's got a case of 'asian eyes' and most of Hawaii is populated by asians.
>>
>>29167921
Iris is wearing a dashiki. She's African/Black.
>>
>>29167839
This.
So much this.

As someone who lives in a country where we've had Indian immigrants for years, I can vouch that they are very different from black people and are way more under-represented in western media. There's more to Indians than curry, yoga and bollywood.
>>
Don't worry, less than a month till Trump loses and these fuckers crawl back to their containment board
>>
File: 1476450896854.gif (2MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476450896854.gif
2MB, 352x240px
>>29167839
Da fuck are you going on about?

>>29167227
>claiming that Olivia is black even though she's not.
I'll bite, what about this doesn't look like a black woman?
>>
>>29167938
Not colourful enough to be a dashiki.
And clothing doesn't mean anything, going outside in a kimono doesn't make me Japanese.
>>
>>29167598
>White people have been here since Gen 5 as well, most characters before Unova were meant to be asians
I hate reading dumb shit like this. Hurts my brain.

The artstyle is so fucking simplistic, any light skinned character can be applied to any race. Anime generally tries to make their characters more western than asian all the time too. How you can look at Surge and Volkner, and insist one must be asian?

Not to mention the fact that the Pokémon world, while based on real locations, is completely unique and fictional.

And one last point before I bounce, but look at how Serena is from Kanto in the anime. Is she somehow asian too? She looks the same in the games, where she is presumably "french"...?

tl;dr - trying to apply race to anime characters (especially in a franchise with no real-world races) is fucking retarded. It comes down to "dark-skinned anime character" and "white-skinned anime character", and that's pretty much it, because it makes the artstyle accessible to the highest amount of people.
>>
>>29167968
The eyes for a start.
>>
>>29167653
Native fucking Alolans*
>>
>>29167227
I don't think they could make Iris look more black if they tried.
That giant puffball hair that everything gets stuck in is a clear give away.
>>
>>29167982
There's no such thing as "black eyes".
Even in Africa you're getting tons of different shapes.

Ever seen a black person? Or even watched ... TV?
>>
>>29167982
True, black women never wear eyeliner.
>>
>>29167982
the cartoon anime eyes
>>
>>29167056
Sigh...
Mods, just delete this thread. It's just a really cancerous shitpost that's gonna attract /pol/ tards and no valuable discussion is gonig to be had anyway. Let them shit up their own board, pls
>>
Real world races don't exist in Pokemon. Their race is based on their family lineage based on the region that lineage comes from.

Kantosian
Johtonian
Hoen
Sinnohsian
Unovan
Kalosian
Alolan

Then we get the side game regions like Orresian and shit too. For all we know there could be more, but the Pokemon universe being the "Real World" is still 100% flavour text. It's a Fantasy world, faggots. Suck it up, they ain't any Race Wars bullshit.
>>
>>29167975
Just gonna chime in, anime Serena and game Serena look NOTHING alike. They're practically different characters altogether. Anime is maybe 12 years old and game is around 17-18
>>
>>29167905
all i'm saying is that these characters aren't intended to be black and if you insist they are, then that is your own ignorance, stupidity and vanity showing.

people don't want more people of colour, subhuman social justice scum want people of colour overrepresented because they detest white american identity, which is just as valid as black american identity.

those fucking retards don't even notice that by being as obnoxious as they are with the whole blm thing, they are a perfect example of the obnoxious, loud american stereotype meaning that blacks and whites have more in common in america than they think.

>>29167990
they could give her some fried chicken, watermelon pokeballs and a 40?

>>29167968
well, she isn't fat, no (visible) kids and she doesn't seem to be robbing anything.

i'm going to go ahead and say that she is an islander, like the rest of the people on the island.
>>
>Lenora
>Black

She's clearly indian or something not black.
>>
File: NativePolynesian.jpg (32KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
NativePolynesian.jpg
32KB, 329x500px
>>29168006
>>29168014
>>29168015
Welcome to Hawaii bitches.
>>
>>29168042
>people don't want more people of colour, subhuman social justice scum want people of colour overrepresented because they detest white american identity, which is just as valid as black american identity.

u sound mad, America's diversity is what makes it gr8
>>
>>29168042
B8, /pol/ at least has some wit about this shit due to the hourly threads to practise in
>>
>>29168032
I know that they have an age difference. The point I am making is that Serena in the game is no more French, than Serena in the anime is somehow Asian.

They're the same generic light-skinned anime girl style. Race, unless explicit with slanted eyes and traditional imagery, doesn't translate into the anime artstyle.

Shauna could be any generic brown-skinned girl from half the planet, for example. Trying to claim characters are a certain race, in fucking Pokémon, is ridiculous. They're anime characters.
>>
>>29168026
This.

100% this.

Also, gas the Hoennese, race war now.
>>
>>29168056
Phoebe is considerably lighter skinned than Olivia.
>>
>>29168042
>well, she isn't fat, no (visible) kids and she doesn't seem to be robbing anything.

Oh wow, we got ourselves a real edgy Trump-tard here lol
>>
>>29168069
Fuck you, Hoennese here. Just because we like water and Pelipper doesn't mean we don't deserve respect too! You know who really fucking suck, those dirty baguette eating Kalosians.
>>
>>29168056
... Why did you post that picture?
Is ... is she supposed to look like the sexy rock type trainer?

I don't get it.
>>
>>29168070
Phoebe is half cast, have you not seen her grandparents?
>>
>>29167056
white people are just understandably resistant to gf slowly realizing blacks are the master race
>>
>>29167975
>"dark-skinned anime character" and "white-skinned anime character"
This. People claim the pale characters as everything under the sun and that's fine, everyone is ok with it, but god forbid a dark character be considered black.

Everyone should just agree to believe their own head canons. Olivia looks black to me.
>>
File: will smith.jpg (102KB, 634x866px) Image search: [Google]
will smith.jpg
102KB, 634x866px
>>29168094
that is what the people of alola are meant to look like, not pic related.

i legit can't believe that people are having such a hard time with this.

>>29168122
it's a fucking island, the people who live on it are islanders, you fucking retard.
>>
>>29167968
>I'll bite, what about this doesn't look like a black woman?

are you really implying only black women have voluptuous bodies?

what about her doesn't look like a dark hawaiian, arabic or indian women?
>>
for starters her straight hair looks much more similar to the hair of most brown people than to the hair of most black people (like lenora's)
>>
>>29168132
They have people from all over the poke-world in each region. None of the regions are homogeneous, you are a literal fool.
>>
>>29167056
I'm a bit upset about black people in Kalos but I guess that's the Frenchfags own fault
>>
>>29168132
Actually only 10% of Hawaii's population is native.
Hawaii has a really high turnover of people moving in.
>>
>>29168176
Why? Black people have been in France for a quite a while, Arabs on the other hand.
>>
>>29168166
Black girls straighten their hair. Where do you people live?
>>
>>29167056
God, this design truly is terrible.
>>
>>29168132
WTF are you talking about?

Is lillie supposed to be "Native Hawaiian"? What about that short fat Ginger boy? I;m very confused, do you think all the people in this game are Native islanders?

>>29168139
>are you really implying only black women have voluptuous bodies?

When did I say that?
I said point out what makes her not look like a "black" woman.
>>
>>29167968
She's Hawaiian or Indian or something. At the very least she's not ugly as shit so that clues you in she's not African.
>>
>>29167056
Crippling autism and shitposting.
>>
>>29167056
Where do the dark ones in pokemon come from? The first four regions are obviously completely light skin but Kalos and Unova has blacks in it, so where do the blacks come from?
>>
>>29168231
you
>>
>>29168245
Kalos maybe?
>>
>>29168139
you'll never get through to them. their whole argument is that a region based on hawaii is populated by people based on light skinned african americans instead of hawaiians. the cognitive dissonance you need to believe that is on par with white supremacists.

>>29168171
i didn't say that the region was homogeneous, i just said that you are fucking stupid to assume that someone from alola isn't a native alolan based on the darker colour of their skin.

>>29168185
and? i'm sorry can you reveal to me how this proves that all the dark-skinned people in the game are black and aren't islanders?
>>
>>29168231
Shush child, adults are trying to talk.
>>
>>29168263
Kalos has no tropical areas that make it possible for skin of that tone to naturally arise since its supposed to have a France climate.
>>
>>29168245
Somewhere else
>>
>>29168277
But you do see people with darker skin tones in Kalos.
>>
>>29168203
Quite the opposite, arab people (north african kind) have been in modern french territories long before black people. Black people in France date from XX century.

At it's peak, Umayyad Caliphate extended from North Africa to southern France.
>>
>>29168277
dat raycis. dey wuz kangz ov france.
>>
>>29168277
The desert is there. You just need a place with high sunlight exposure. Jungles and deserts are just as good as tropical areas
>>
>>29168274
I never said all the dark skinned people in the game are black, I just said that Hawaii is full of non-natives. Mostly asians oddly enough.
I'm on the "She's polynesian" side. I posted that image of a polynesian to help make a point.
>>
>>29168274
>their whole argument is that a region based on hawaii is populated by people based on light skinned african americans

WTF are you talking about?

LOL, I'm sure no one is saying Lillie and Professor Hunk are "black"...
>>
>>29168208
where is it said that her hair is straightened and not natural?
>>
>>29168292
Yes because anon they obviously came from somewhere else that isnt Kalos, you see Viola and Serena are naturally Kalosian but the black people are not.
>>29168314
But the natives of the Gobi desert have the same skin as chinese people, UV distribution is based on latitude moron. Even a desert at sweden's latitude would have white skinned people.
>>
>>29168274
And you are fucking retarded for assuming all dark skin characters are native islanders. If there are non native whites there can also be non native blacks/browns, you massive faggot.
>>
Hawaiins have orange skin so Kevin Oak is not Hawaiin hes an indian or something.
>>
by the way, some east africans can have natural straight hair, unlike west africans who are the ones (or their american and european descendants) spamming this "olivia is black" b.s.
>>
>>29168339
Where is it said her hair is naturally straight?
>>
>>29168339
Where is it said that her hair is natural and not straightened?
>>
>>29168352
No they cant, all blacks have that woolly hair.
>>
>>29168320
Professor Hunk?
That skinny shit?
>>
>>29168122
I'm gunna have to agree with this dude.

As a man of color myself, I don't really think its worth arguing over. I mean I just call most dark skinned characters black or brown, simply because they look darker. It's not that complicated, stop trying to apply your real world racist bullshit to a fantasy land utopia where everyone has magically solved the race war with legalized cockfighting.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 973x1285px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 973x1285px
>>29168295
Blacks have been prominent in France ever since the black moor Charlemang became Kang of the Frangks in 800. This history was later covered up by whitey from Amerikkka when they illegally colonised the place after abducting the whole population into their slave ships and revised the books to make it seem like they were the true natives of the country. Stay woke.
>>
>>29168346
i'm retarded for assuming that the darker skin tone possessed by characters who seem to have something to do with the story and what would appear to perhaps be a unique and tribal style of pokemon culture are not native alolans but migrated from whatever the africa equivalent in pokemon is and then went ahead and adopted the natives culture while looking exactly the same as them?

right. i am such a fool.
>>
>>29168370
wrong
>>
>>29167056
Why is /vp/ obsessed with this whole race thing?

What race are any number of the unnatural colored hair people with weird anime colors for eyes?

>but this characters shows slightly more characteristics with this race in real like
>like pokemon designs have ever been consistent about this
>>
>>29167968
The hair for sure.
>>
>>29168457
Race is categorizing humans like animals, its is very interesting if you get triggered be mad at biology faggot.
>>
>>29168408
by calling them black, you are erasing the obviously unique alolan tribal culture that they have tried to give them in this game.

what is your motivation for erasing the unique aspects culture of a native population by lumping them in with a washed out nonculture based on the colour of their skin?

these people are alolan. the game, the trials etc are based around native alolan culture. they are native alolans, not blacks.
>>
>>29167227

They're still dark skinned you dumb faglord.
>>
>>29168366
>>29168369
waiting for your answers, i asked first

>Where is it said that her hair is straightened and not natural?

by the video definitely looks and moves like a natural straight hair.

>>29168370
east africans can, google abdullahi yusuf

but that's because the east africans have middle eastern admixture
>>
>>29168479
At the latitude of Hawaii dark brown is simply not possible that is why Hawaiins have orange skin. Thus blacks cannot be the natives of Alola.
>>
>>29168413
>who seem to have something to do with the story and what would appear to perhaps be a unique and tribal style of pokemon culture are not native alolans

... What are you talking about?
What, you think all the people partaking in the new Trials Bullshit are Native Pokemon Hawaiian?

One's a fat ginger boy and one looks like she could be a Japanese fisher.
>>
>>29168069
Faggot who doesn't like trumpets detected.
>>
>>29167968
>thigh gap
HNNNNG
>>
ALL OF YOU SHUT THE HELL UP REEEEE
>>
>>29168413
There are white characters who participate in the story and island culture, so there can also be brown/black characters that do the same. Your logic is flawed.

>migrated from whatever the africa equivalent in pokemon is
What the fuck are you talking about. Alola is part of Poke-America.

>right. i am such a fool.
I agree
>>
>>29168479
It's touching that you care so much about fictional people and their nonexistant culture #Alolanlivesmatter
>>
>>29168468
Try typing not like a retard and try again.
>>
>>29167465
>>29167482
>>29167768
>>29168085
>>29168211
>>29168297
MODS
JUST END IT ALREADY
>>
>>29168042
Your comments are too long to be bait, which just makes me more confused

>>29168132
This certainly isn't helping

>>29168274
OK, not bait. But that just makes this really pathetic
>>
>>29168460
How so? Do you believe that all black people have ... 70s Afros?
>>
Based on geographical isolation Kanto and Johto are the same people, Hoenn and Sinnoh would be different races.

Hoenn has tropical skin tones while Sinnoh seems more northern European based on the skintone of its natives, also Sinnoh are obviously the smartest race because they discovered fucking GOD in their universe.
>>
File: 1468711242091.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468711242091.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
>>29168122
That's because anime people have caucasoid features though. So does this new "black" girl. She's more likely to be Indian if anything.
>>
>>29168468
t. fourteen year old
>>
You do realize that people can straighten their hair, right?
>>
>>29168479
>>29168506
You know this isn't a real place right
>>
>>29168479
Please stop with this cultural nonsense talk. Everyone who lives on those islands adopts the island life style. The player character moves to the island from a different region so that alone tells you that the characters can be from anywhere.
>>
Assuming Unovans naturally evolved on their landmass then they would be more genetically distant than Americans to Europeans in our world.

So thats about six races so far

Kantojohtoid
Hoennoid
Sinnoid
Unovoid
Kalosoid
Alolosoid

Then you have the slightly dark skin ones like Shauna and the darkest ones like Olivia as two seperate races.
>>
>>29168489
by the video definitely looks and moves like straightened hair.
>>
>>29168489
Your question makes no sense friendo.

We can't possible know what she does with her hair.
>>
Maybe Unovan blacks came from the deserts thats why our blacks actually originated from the deserts of Africa thats why they are so fucking dark skinned.
>>
>>29168612
Its certainly possible the mountain range of My Silver to Tohjo Falls kept the Kanto and Johto people apart until relatively recently
>>
>>29167056
>/pol/ing over black folks but not the fat ginger
I cant tell if this started as trolling or they got triggered into actual responses
>>
Are the white Alolans also native or are they also another race?

I also believe that Lillie and Lusamine are from an unknown race from an unknown region based on their appearance and how white their skin is.
>>
>>29168563
Show me a white person that has a nose like the human trainers. They have a single line for the bridge of their nose. Show me a human that only has a bridge to their nose with no nostrils.
>>
>>29168460
I don't get this meme. No white person can get hair like that because there hair just dangle like dead root but if they use some extreme hair product they probably can, same with a black person some may have to use hair products to do anything with there hair that's why this thread and everyone in it is retarded.
>>
>>29168506
>Thus blacks cannot be the natives of Alola
they aren't.

>>29168508
no, i think that the trials are an alolan coming of age ceremony and that it's more unique than the previously seen "pokemon journey at 10" or whatever the fuck. i think the people running the trials, ie the kahunas and pretty much every important good character in the game is going to be alolan.

>>29168522
whatever, headcanon is headcanon. i'm going to believe that this is an alolan ritual preserved through to the era they live in now and you can believe that alolans are multiracial and that the ritual is tourist bullshit or whatever.

>>29168537
opinions. i think that inserting your race or the race of your virtue-signal pets into a game is pretty pathetic.

>>29168592
the player is a raceless 10 year old that won't necessarily stay in alola their whole life. besides, living in a place doesn't give you the right hold positions of authority in a tribe.

>>29168663
naw they just delicate and hang out inside all the time. clearly you've never met a polynesian goth.
>>
>>29168674
Polynesians have orangish skin and light orangish skin at their brightest anon, Lillie and Lusamine look nordic.
>>
So where did the original humans in pokemon even start and did they use water pokemon to colonize each region they discovered?
>>
>>29168563
Brainwashing at its fullest.
>>
>>29168674
>the race of your virtue-signal pets
Anon you've lost the right to call anything pathetic
>>
>>29168683
Don't bother man, these assholes are beyond reason.
>>
>>29168674
>positions of authority in a tribe
>tribe
What the fuck are you talking about? They live in cites, modern cities. Having traditions doesn't make them tribal people living in mud huts.
>>
>>29168674
>no, i think that the trials are an alolan coming of age ceremony and that it's more unique than the previously seen "pokemon journey at 10" or whatever the fuck. i think the people running the trials, ie the kahunas and pretty much every important good character in the game is going to be alolan.

Sooooo you think the people running the show in this region are racist and exclude non-natives from partaking in the trial even though OUR CHARACTER is from a different region and is doing this shit?

Yeah, no.
Clearly some are based on Hawaiian people ... but no, not all of them are going to be that.
>>
File: maui-lahaina-luau.jpg (76KB, 600x498px) Image search: [Google]
maui-lahaina-luau.jpg
76KB, 600x498px
>>29168683
nah man, they can look pallid and almost grey. i can't find a picture but i know from irl exp.

>>29168728
according to someone i'm calling pathetic? that means so much.

>>29168751
the trials are quite clearly a tribal practice. isn't there a ritual after you pick your starter and junk?

>>29168755
holy shit you people are dense. i'm saying that the trial is RUN by natives and that they won't let anyone who isn't a native RUN the trial. not that other races can't participate. what is so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>29168787
You blind? I can still see the orange in her skin.
>>
>>29168800
>i can't find a picture
you fucking retard. pic was entirely unrelated.
>>
>>29167657
"M-mom I'm edgy now are you proud of me?"
>>
>>29168674
Its a video game with made up characters based in a made up place based on a real location but not bound by it.

We have no confirmed races for any of these characters, but the detective sleuthing culture matching magnifying glass shit only comes up for the black characters
>>
>>29168787
>holy shit you people are dense. i'm saying that the trial is RUN by natives and that they won't let anyone who isn't a native RUN the trial. not that other races can't participate. what is so hard to understand about that?

There's a fucking fat ginger boy and a Japanese fisher girl in the trials ... the fuck are you looking at?
>>
>>29168787
I'm not the anon you were calling pathetic just a stunned passerby

Writing these long ass replies in defence of your children's game race politics headcanon should disqualify you from life
>>
File: ISSS.png (26KB, 510x224px) Image search: [Google]
ISSS.png
26KB, 510x224px
>>29167975
>How you can look at Surge and Volkner, and insist one must be asian?

Because one of them is, it's simple. It doesn't matter if the design is simplistic and hides the real intention, most of the characters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are supposed to be asians (japanese, like their real world counterparts with the exact same names).

The national players from old games like International Super Star Soccer also look the fucking same, yet, despite the simplistic pixel art, we know very well what they're supposed to be.
>>
So is Sinnoh the most civilized race?
>>
>>29168857
If these essays cause one SJW from thinking something about a video game that is different from this anon's headcannon, its time well spent. You should be honoured of thier dutiful service to all that is video games
>>
>>29168616
say that for your friend who started all of this then >>29168208

>>29168614
lol, straightened hair... with slight waves
a really bad job at straightening i would say
>>
>>29168850
your inability to comprehend what you are reading?

>>29168846
because everyone knows that most of the light skinned anime characters are meant to be asian unless they represent a stereotype?

>>29168857
or maybe i just like that there is a game set in my mothers home country and don't want americans to ruin it with their social justice whack blacks everywhere they'll fit crap?
>>
>>29168787
>trails are run by natives
>theres a fucking white ginger and a japanese loli
Dude at least troll on shit thats harder to refute
>>
>>29168572
Wolves and dogs are both Canis Lupis and yet people consider them different animals. They diverged from each other 30000-9000 years ago. Dogs are all Canis Lupis Familiaris and yet again people recognise different breeds. They evolved into those breeds from 9000 years ago to now. Even in these breeds of a subspecies, there are obvious differences both physically and mentally.

So, Humans are all homo sapiens. For 60000-30000 years, different populations evolved in complete isolation from each other. Notably, sub-saharan Africans, northern Europeans and east Asians evolved in places with significant geographic barriers separating them from other groups. Yet apparently everyone is exactly the same. Got it.
>>
>>29168903
>If these essays cause one SJW from thinking
It doesn't.

People are keeping replies short and simple on on side cause they like seeing the edgy lil Trump-tards make up nonsense.
>>
>>29168943
>hawaii
>country
>>
>>29168665
>>29168727
Sorry senpai, we wuz anime and shit. Stay mad chinese cartoon bois.
>>
>>29168930
It's like you have never been around any females. They straighten their hair then style it.
>>
>>29168956
What does any of that have to do with the pokemon world?
>>
>>29168994
Yeah and that's appropriation of white culture, so they should cut that shit out
>>
>>29168930
>say that for your friend who started all of this then

That's an actual fact he posted though. Many black women straighten their hair so "She doesn't have a 70s blacksploitation afro!" means nothing.

So, in turn, her hair doesn't tell you shit. People with straight hair get braids and dreads and curly styles, people with curly hair straighten it ... what else you got?
>>
>>29169019
Nothing, it's to do with the reply chain I replied to
>>
>>29168943
>ruin your made up headcannon with thier made up headcannon

This is beginning to sound reeeeeal Tumblr here.

>>29168958
I was being sarcastic

>>29168943
BW was also set in your mom's home country then
>>
Remember to report racism outside of /b/.

It takes less effort for you to click the report button, than it does for them to post.
>>
>>29168994
exactly my point, for what purpose a character who lives in that place and surely swims a lot, would straighten her hair and then also style it? a hell of work for nothing

it's pretty obvious her hair is supposed to be natural, unlike black people hair
>>
>>29169026
Wow you are a complete autistic virgin. Almost all girls do it, white, black, latina.
>>
>>29168956
You got all that from me laughing at you going "its SCIENCE don't get trigged XD" in a way teens who just learned about it in school go?
>>
>>29168943
You have a Mum from a fictional region? That's pretty cool man
>>
>>29169061
I'm not the guy you replied to
>>
>>29169056
So now we know their daily habits and hobbies? What is her reason for wearing the style of clothes she wears? Why does she wear makeup? Why did she become a trainer? What is her mothers maiden name? Dude your head canon has head canon, you're in too deep.
>>
>>29169108
Well now your reply seems even more confusing. At least the info was fine
>>
>>29169026
Alright man you won this (you).
>>
>>29168943
>your inability to comprehend what you are reading?

Reading nonsense from a edgy teen isn't something one should be expected to understand anon.
>>
>>29169122
what i'm saying makes sense looking at the place

the people with crazy head canons are the ones saying she's black and not just an ambiguous brown person
>>
>>29167056
Can I just say, I'm so glad this thread exists
>>
>>29169189
Its not a crazy headcannon because it is a completely valid assumption to make

Its just one different from yours
>>
>>29169189
Making up hobbies and reasons for things is crazy, saying Lillie looks white and Olivia looks black is not.
>>
>>29169244
ever since the first day i'm saying she is an ambiguous brown-skinned person, it's impossible to say she is based on real-world africans/blacks, hawaiians, indians or whatever, could be any of them, no one of them or could be all of them mixed together. who knows?

i just want to know how sjw people can be so sure of her "blackness" (and iris' blackness as well)
>>
>>29169276
>Olivia looks black is not

she doesn't, though
>>
>>29169286
Why are the pale characters white and not ambiguous pale-skinned people? If it's all ambiguous fine, but if the pale characters can be white then the dark ones can be black.
>>
>>29169314
she does though
>>
>>29168457
This.
>>
>>29169244
Blacks aren't the only brown skinned people on earth. Maybe you should leave your basement to experience the real world once in a while.
>>
File: Marlon1.png (60KB, 200x386px) Image search: [Google]
Marlon1.png
60KB, 200x386px
>>29169351
So does Marlon and he isn't black.

So does Brock and he isn't black

So does Iris and she isn't black
>>
>>29169383
Um I was talking about Olivia, where did I mention any of those characters?
>So does Marlon and he isn't black.
Marlon is ambiguous
>So does Brock and he isn't black
Brock is a brown skinned asian
>So does Iris and she isn't black
Iris is black
>>
>>29169332
they're ambiguous pale-skinned people, never said the opposite

most of the light-skinned people from kalos and unova are probably supposed to be white people, though

>>29169351
sure thing m8, but don't forget to talk with your eye doctor
>>
>>29169383
That pic character doesn't look black at all anon...
>>
>>29169421
Just because they look black to your retarded self doesn't mean that they are. Nothing proves that Olivia is negroid black.
>>
>>29169432
>most of the light-skinned people from kalos and unova are probably supposed to be white people, though

most of the dark skinned people are probably black people though.
>>
>>29169482
Edgy teens should be sleeping by now ...
>>
>>29169482
Nothing proves Lillie is white, yet people still say it.
>>
>>29169484

Only if you're retarded enough to believe that other dark skinned races don't exist
>>
>>29169544
>most of the light-skinned people from kalos and unova are probably supposed to be white people, though
Only if you're retarded enough to believe that other light skinned races don't exist
>>
File: XY_Scientist_F.png (52KB, 155x394px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Scientist_F.png
52KB, 155x394px
>>29169484
sure, many of them, like lenora, the dancer class from unova, the (female) scientist class from kalos, the (male) veteran from kalos

olivia, iris, the brown furisode girl are probably not black people, though
>>
>>29167056
I don't care. It's nice with more different types of people
>>
>>29169560
>olivia
Why?
>>
>>29169560
>olivia, iris, the brown furisode girl are probably not black people, though
They all look black to me
>>
>>29169286
>sjw people can be so sure of her "blackness

Blacks are desperate for media representation. It's "racist" if you don't include them in your fictional stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR5Ja_cAlx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6cICQTI0Bk
(They'll go as far as making lists of every black anime character in existence)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfounhIfCT0
>>
>>29169593
>Blacks are desperate for media representation.
You're assuming people have to be black to look at an anime character and think they're supposed to be black?
>>
>>29169559

Where did I say that all light skinned characters are black? Maybe you should stop putting word into other people's mouth if you want us to take you seriously.

>>29169590
Your opinion really counts yeah.
>>
>>29169593
>be white
>assume almost every pale character is white
>nothing wrong with that

>other people
>assume some dark characters are black
>WTF!? Fucking SJWs man
>>
>>29167056
I want to fuck Lenora
>>
File: P9800122-Bangladeshi_girl-SPL.jpg (20KB, 230x350px) Image search: [Google]
P9800122-Bangladeshi_girl-SPL.jpg
20KB, 230x350px
>>29169582
some dark-skinned people are drawn with clearly curly or kinky hair, like lenora, grant, the female scientist from kalos, the male artist from kalos, the artist probably does this to make clear they're supposed to be black people

olivia has straight hair, it's impossible to know if she is supposed to be a black woman (with straightened hair) or just an ambiguous dark brown girl like many native hawaiians, bangladeshis and indians
>>
>>29169560
>black female scientist

This is definitely the most ridiculous one
>>
>>29169634
Pale caucasians are white, brown caucasians are not black. If she was African she'd be black.
>>
Caring about race of a fictional character, let alone an anime-style one, is a special form of autism.
>>
>>29169670
You're using the "she doesn't have a 70s afro" argument?

That's pretty damn funny.
>>
>>29169720
This.

Mods, please purge this AWFUL thread.
>>
>>29169690
Alola has white, black, brown, and other people. There is no Africa there is no Europe. Where are the blue, pink, green, purple hair people from? The people with no sclera?
>>
>>29167227
>>29167352
>>29167666
He's still dark skinned though, whether he be Asian or something else.
>>
File: XY_Schoolgirl.png (60KB, 162x355px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Schoolgirl.png
60KB, 162x355px
>>29169743
>muh boogeyman

this looks like a 70s afro to you>>29169560

yet, it clearly looks like a hair typical of black people
>>
>>29169773
I'm referring to the fact that black women with straightened hair is a very common thing. So thinking that in order to depict a black woman and interpret one as being black you must give her some form of afro is funny ... seeing as that's not an amazingly common hairstyle among black women as many straighten or style their hair in some way just like most other groups of women.

Also, that lil girl's hair style could be seen in the 70s so IDK what your point with that pic is. Not all 70s afros look the same, never watched Soultrain?
>>
>>29169840
Except you're forgetting the fact that GF artists always draw their black characters with some stereotypical negro features to distinguish them from ambiguously brown characters like Hau, Shaunna, Olivia, Kukui.

Lenorra has nappy hair and large lips indicating that she is black. Same thing with >>29169773 and the gen 5 rock type gym leader. If dark skinned characters aren't drawn with these features you can be sure that they aren't meant to be black.
>>
>>29169840
it's a cartoon anon.
it something is meant to be identified a certain way then it will be portrayed in such a way that makes it more obvious.

there will probably be some blacks in the game but assuming that blacks have this huge amount of representation this gen because there are darker skin colours in a game set in a region based on a place where the native population has a darker skin colour is really, really dumb.
>>
>>29169840
>I'm referring to the fact that black women with straightened hair is a very common thing
It's not a common thing. They wear wigs.
>>
>>29169929
You don't work for GF, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
File: feel fairy.png (232KB, 1600x1341px) Image search: [Google]
feel fairy.png
232KB, 1600x1341px
>>29169971
check out this dope picture of a rabbit i drew.
i mean, i didn't include any rabbity features, you are meant to use your imagination and fill in the blanks with your own headcanon.

that's how cartoons work apparently.
>>
>>29170006
(You)
>>
They're just mad and confused that they look more attractive now so they resort to all kinds of disqualifiers because their underdeveloped brains won't allow them to see past racism.

It's very sad.
>>
>>29169958
>this huge amount of representation this gen because there are darker skin colours in a game set in a region based on a place where the native population has a darker skin colour is really, really dumb.

Exactly. Too bad angry negroes and SJWs are too stubborn and stupid to realize this.
>>
>>29169929
>Except you're forgetting the fact that GF artists always draw their black characters with some stereotypical negro features to distinguish them from ambiguously brown characters like Hau, Shaunna, Olivia, Kukui.

No, you're not there yet anon.
They do rely on stereotypical things to relay some kinda "group". But they don't have to make someone an old WW2 level character drawing to do that. It comes across in clothing styles to. Like the lil Japanese girl who looks like a fisher ... she looks "japanese" because of her clothing style. With out that she would just be some blue haired girl that we may or may not assume to be Japanese because she's not tanned enuff to draw attention.

As for Olivia she's got the fullest, most focused on lips of any woman in the SM games so far (just like Lenorra has full, focus drawing lips..) and her outfit looks like some Beyonce inspired African styled shit. Not only that but she's noticeably darker than any character we see who has been presented as "Pokemon Hawaiian".

These add up to give her the appearance of a young, "hip" black girl to many. I think it's the intended take away from a design perspective.
>>
>>29170111
>Wasting time explaining shit to some random racist basement dwellers.

also trips of truth
>>
A lot of you pasty fucks are a waste of time. You think we're "triggered" when you're the ones who lose your shit whenever someone refers to a dark-skinned character as black.

>black people only come in one complexion
>black people can only have nappy hair
>black people can only have huge lips
>black people don't exist in Hawaii

You have never actually met black people in real life.
>>
File: ORAS_Beauty.png (59KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS_Beauty.png
59KB, 400x240px
>>29170111
>As for Olivia she's got the fullest, most focused on lips of any woman in the SM games so far (just like Lenorra has full, focus drawing lips..)

It's called lipstick anon, very few female characters are drawn with it, two of them are the ORAS Beauty Class and ORAS Delinquent Class, are they black?

>and her outfit looks like some Beyonce inspired African styled shit.
>Beyonce

I giggled a little, it's just a scantily clad clothing mixed with tribal-inspired bracelets. Many ethnic groups living in hunting and gathering societies use similar things, like southern native americans.
>>
File: Taina 4.jpg (91KB, 528x357px) Image search: [Google]
Taina 4.jpg
91KB, 528x357px
By the way, a southern native american. She uses on her arm the same type of bracelet Olivia uses on both arms and legs.
>>
File: 1410494567904.png (89KB, 495x398px) Image search: [Google]
1410494567904.png
89KB, 495x398px
>>29169929
>>29169958

Still cannot refute these. It's comical to see negroes this desperate to have a black character in a video game. They try their hardest to prove you wrong while ignoring the facts that have been constantly repeated in this thread. It's like having an argument with a dumb animal.

>there will probably be some blacks in the game but assuming that blacks have this huge amount of representation this gen because there are darker skin colours in a game set in a region based on a place where the native population has a darker skin colour is really, really dumb.

>there will probably be some blacks in the game but assuming that blacks have this huge amount of representation this gen because there are darker skin colours in a game set in a region based on a place where the native population has a darker skin colour is really, really dumb.
>>
>>29170505
We have a winner.
>>
>>29167877
So? There are white people in Africa, anon. Besides, we don't call black people wearing western clothing "European"
>>
File: backtopol.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
backtopol.png
322KB, 546x700px
>NEETs getting this triggered over the skin color of an anime girl in a kids game.

Back to >>>/pol/
Every single last one of you.
>>
>>29170547
>two black characters is HUGE representation
please cry more
>>
File: 10396346_130105_1629_31.png (76KB, 1015x756px) Image search: [Google]
10396346_130105_1629_31.png
76KB, 1015x756px
This thread has 58 posters for about 234 posts.
Let me take the bait and post this.
Gamefreak seems to at least take some semblance of what they see as realism to a region to add flavor so they don't have to build it from scratch. The first four regions based on Japan have Japanese based characters except for the ones who aren't explicitly stated to be like Surge. We all know how they like to alter their looks with an anime style, so please don't turn this into a we wuz argument. They could get away with this due to racial homogeny. Aqua's redesign is an exception, but as a reminder, southern Japan, the area that Hoenn is based off of also has Okinawans. The magma/ aqua base is even located right at the overlap of the groups so that it could be either in the remakes. You could see it as just tan japs or Okinawans, but please don't be like the retarded I want to say certain Americans and maybe parts of Europe and start spouting off x is my nigger etc at the slightest sign of dark skin. Say what you want about Magma's race as well, but you know how anime art style works as well as the obsession with colored hair.
>>
>>29169056
Dude, it's pretty obvious she doesn't swim a lot, and especially not in salt water, swimmer's hair looks way fucking different on long hair. Even if she did swim, relaxed hair tends to get fucked up by moisture real easily, so if she did have any sort of treatment done to her hair, she'd wear a swim cap.

Also, she's a rock type boss. Why in the fuck would she spent a lot of time by the water? That's counter intuitive to her Pokémon's typing.
>>
France and Kalos along with the Nyc/ Nj area are both portrayed differently. They're based on different places with different demographics. If you don't like the amount of blacks in France, you could say they're a reference the old Algerian population at best and the recent migrants at worst. As stated earlier, their is clearly a basis so that gamefreak can cover its ass and not work as hard designing a setting. You could make a similar argument with Unova. Lenora is clearly black and I guess Iris could be black or a native. I personally leaned to the latter due to the wild child personality they gave her. Why this even matters in areas with a large african population, with numbers in the millions, is baffling.
>>
File: ethnicityofhawaii.jpg (22KB, 478x321px) Image search: [Google]
ethnicityofhawaii.jpg
22KB, 478x321px
Now for Hawaii/ alola. Look at the demographic and compare it to other areas. I know that the main landers have to deal with blacks a lot, but here it's not that common unless your in Honolulu with tourists/ college students, or by a military base/ housing. I doubt gamefreak would pander to such a small population. Blacks also can't really afford to live here, albeit those that due are usually well of and rather nice. This place has a lot of Asians as you can see. A sizeable white population as well. Right off the bat, a lot of people are darker over here. Normal European tier whiteness is still present, but you have a lot of people who are darker than the norm. Portugese make up a decent chunk of the white population, and they've been here since the plantation days. They're also pretty dark. Not alberto barbossa meme tier. I don't know how, but they are.
Hispanics are majority Puerto Ricans descended from the plantation days. That or the sheer weight of invasive coqui frogs on the big island. They of course are also relatively dark. I made the coqui joke because they're so inconspicuous that you don't seem to notice. That and big island kinda has a frog plague.
Japanese, Chinese, Koreans, etc are also darker. You can still find lighter ones as I've said, but all the sun does things. One of the reasons the Japanese like Hawaii so much is that there are a lot of people of Japanese descent their. They were the majority until 2012 I believe and then filippinos took the title. That said, the tourist and therefore gamefreaks mindset is still probably on pre 2012.
>>
>>29167056
you're an idiot trying to stir shit up

make with the killing yourself already
>>
Holy fuck can you people find something better to do then write essays on the races of fictional characters from fictional countries

This thread is fucking pathetic
>>
If you want to argue about why Native Hawaiian stuff is portrayed so much compared to the demographic, it's because a lot of people push it. They'll play up the Hawaiians disproportionately due to interest in native culture. It's unique and we love serving that up to tourists. It makes money, funds us, and educates people. The native stuff is also pretty good for the environment. Hawaiians knew how to optimize island resources, and native plants are both useful and help to maintain our aquifers. It's win win.
My point being that gamefreak is making completely fictional and unrealistic characters, but they still base them off of the local populace with anime esque features, and it should be assumed so unless stated otherwise.
>>29171009
I need to proofread these.
>>
White posters are really starting to piss me off.
>>
>>29171073
Assume nothing, Alola doesn't exist and so theres no accurate portrayal of their non-existent natives

Shes just a dark skinned character, nothing more
>>
File: 1476386024929.jpg (52KB, 710x429px) Image search: [Google]
1476386024929.jpg
52KB, 710x429px
>>29171031
It's almost one here, and I'm bored and felt like autistically sharing. I guess my answer would be no? I felt that it'd be better than nigger posting the whole thread. I mean, look at the poster count.
>>
>>29171117
As long as you admit that this can never go anywhere, pokemon doesn't really have races so trying to apply them just leaves everyone equally wrong
>>
File: muchbetter.png (188KB, 523x847px) Image search: [Google]
muchbetter.png
188KB, 523x847px
>>29171103
Cry more black boy.
>>
>>29171150
Fair enough. I can admit to that. I am a bit peeved about everyone claiming any brown character is African and vice versa, but that's pretty dumb as well.
>>
>>29171214
We all came from Africa. You're technically black idiot
>>
>>29167056
Lenora was literally shoehorned in for the 'Murican audience thougg. It marked the start of SJW degeneracy.
>>
>>29171238
>Making shit up just to support your narrative
Alt-right really are the new sjws
>>
>>29171235
Saying that blacks are the original humans actually confirms that racist belief that blacks are primitive humans you fucking black moron.

Learn evolution retard the ancestor cannot exist at the same time as the descendent idiot. We never came from blacks or something that looked blacks, we and you came from an extinct form of human that existed in Africa around 100,000 years ago.
>>
>>29171235
Wtf, I'm on fried chicken and eating welfare now?!!
>>
>>29171268
>Black moron
You wanna get reported? Not only is you're post very off topic but you racially abused me. Your broke two rules already.
Keep going and you get banned.
>>
>>29171306
Reported. Also you're english is shit.
>>
File: crymorefaggot.jpg (7KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
crymorefaggot.jpg
7KB, 271x186px
>>29171319
>>
>>29167227
Yeah that is why they raid any olivia appreciation thread to call her a nigger.
>>
>>29167982
How is that autism treating you?
>>
Quick question:

Why do people make such a huge deal whenever dark-skinned characters appear in the franchise? I remember when Lenora was first revealed and the Internet went fucking haywire. And then the reaction to Iris was almost worse because it lead to threads that 1) decried her for being dark-skinned in the first place, and 2) resulted in people viciously arguing whether she was supposed to be black or Indian or some other specific ethnicity. It'd be comparable to arguing whether Lt. Surge is "supposed" to have a British or German heritage.

Let me ask this. Whenever we get a character like Valerie that actually has Asian features, where's the outcry? Why don't we have multiple threads shiting on or probing her endlessly just because she "is" Asian?
>>
>>29171786
Just /pol/babies that think giving an international game an international cast is a travesty
>>
>>29171786
It's fun to see People get angry, duh
>>
>>29168042
Well, I guess there aren't any whites in Pokemon, either. I haven't seen any crooked teeth, signs of inbreeding or yokel accents yelling about how the Budweiser's gone.
>>
>upset
>about mallow, Olivia, new boipussy
Nothing to be upset about
>>
File: 14845026_p0_master1200.jpg (173KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
14845026_p0_master1200.jpg
173KB, 480x320px
>>29167056
I'm not upset anon. The first four gens were based off of Japan after all, so it's only natural that there would be a lack of black/dark skinned people. Regions like Unova, Kalos, and Alola will obviously have that diversity to an extent. I'm just more so happy about getting to change the character's skin tone somewhat close to mine should I feel the need to self insert myself into the game, but even then, I've been doing that since I've started playing. So, I guess it's kinda irrelevant to me. I guess it's just nice to see change over the course of 20 years.
>>
>>29171346
Bruh
>>
>>29169366
Literally nobody is saying this
>>
File: Damaris-Lewis-2.jpg (393KB, 670x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Damaris-Lewis-2.jpg
393KB, 670x1005px
>>29168231
>he thinks all black women are ugly
Admittedly a lot unfortunately are, but there are beauties among them
>>
>>29171882
>this anon gets it
>>
>>29171115
>this anon also gets it
>>
this thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaV2SftKNX4
>>
>>29169421
>Marlon is ambiguous
He's a white/asian dude with a tan. I thought his feet gave that away.

Why are people still debating this?
>>
>>29174095
Well when you find one let me know
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 189x149px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 189x149px
>>29175048
>>
>>29167975
Surge is literally supposed to be an American, you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>29168977
>hawaii
>continent
>>
>>29176187
Try harder
>>
File: 562.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
All of retards took the bait.
>muh cartoon politigs
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 768x978px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 768x978px
>>29176367
>>
>>29171882
i feel you senpai. it's a good feeling.
>>
File: 61668409.jpg (138KB, 467x349px) Image search: [Google]
61668409.jpg
138KB, 467x349px
>>29167056
>>
File: 1197921_1364579898726_full.jpg (23KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
1197921_1364579898726_full.jpg
23KB, 342x192px
There's no problem with black girls in Pokemon as long as they get ANNEXED
>>
File: 1475784962446.jpg (238KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
1475784962446.jpg
238KB, 1280x857px
>>29177513
>lanky white motherfucker with glasses
>will never have THICC ebony gf with amazing hair
Just!
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.