[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Uranium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Uraniumss.png (111KB, 1024x794px) Image search: [Google]
Uraniumss.png
111KB, 1024x794px
So I just went and downloaded this today,

Does anyone still play it? It seemed like a hot topic when it was finished, but now I rarely see it even mentioned.

I enjoy how I can select a Nuzlock mode, but other than that it seems kind of lackluster.

I can barely tell what types a lot of pokemon are meant to be, and it seems like everything is dual-type.

Thoughts/Opinons? Need a break from all the Sun/Moon threads for a second.
>>
I've heard mixed things. The designs seem to appear top notch, especially the evo of pic related.
>>
I stopped playing after the third gym.
The crit formula is worse than gen 1, it feels, they are fucking constant.
The issue of "barely telling what types things are" is something that stays throughout so far.
The uranium type is.... still just stupid to me.
And holy fuck each gym leader is such a jump in difficulty from everything around it; including the people in their gym.
I had the final stage of an evolution 2 levels below the 3rd gym's anchor, which is the mid stage of a 3 stage evolution.... and it was out damaging me. They have to be programmed to be chugged into IVs and EVs for the "muh challenge" crowd that just demands grinding against pokemon that are at least 7 levels below what you fight from any trainer, given there's no way to rematch any trainers.
>>
>>29163490
You do realize that Dearewl originally didn't exist, right? It went straight to Gararewl
>>
>>29163600
>given there's no way to rematch any trainers.
*consistently. You can rematch the ones that give you their phone numbers after they call you for a rematch and a few poke center trainers that always rematch you if you talk to them.
>>
>>29163663
Sorry.
Yes, consistently, there's not a good way to grind that I've found in the first third of the game.
Honestly, the VS. Seeker is one of the things I've loved the most out of FR/LG.
After playing so many hacks based on it, I've abused that thing to FUCK in select spots like nugget bridge or the line up of 4 on the route between saffron and lavender to make up for the scaled level curves or such.
>>
I quit at the cave. I can't cope with having to swap pokemon to level them up. Add exp share and I'll play nigger
>>
File: uran.png (137KB, 1023x793px) Image search: [Google]
uran.png
137KB, 1023x793px
>>29163490
I'd like to see it evolve into something cool. Looks silly to me right now but it's what I caught so I'm sticking with it.

>>29163600
I've yet to fight a gym, but I think I can already tell that they tried to make the game more difficult. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
>>
stopped playing it after I had to battle a fucking garlic
>>
Where can I download this? It seems awful
>>
>>29163926
https://sites.google.com/site/pkmnuranium/home
>>
>>29163977
Alright now, am I going to have to patch the game or can i just play with the laucher
>>
File: uranium final team.jpg (99KB, 527x424px) Image search: [Google]
uranium final team.jpg
99KB, 527x424px
Reposting my opinion

Overall I thought it was pretty solid and the devs should work on another game with what they've learned. Story was alright, I expected worse but it worked, but the twist at the end became kind of obvious.

The main problem is the fuckhuge difficulty spike after around the 5th gym or so, when XP starts becoming incredibly scarce and insufficient to meet the demands of the level curve. That might have been because I hacked in a Devimp, the game's pseudolegendary first stage, which was a fuckhuge xp siphon for fuckall reward until it evolves at a whopping level 72, but considering how overleveled my tiny party was before that everyone must have felt the effects.

Also, I spent about two hours sped up 3x grinding at the ninja dojo, and still only had enough xp to maintain this as my final team. Only five pokemon. That said, the boss fights are challenging enough to be fun without being frustrating, but what is frustrating are the fucking hordes of trainers you start having to go through in every route after a certain point in the game. I cannot imagine playing this without speedhack.

Fakemon designs ranged from awful to cool, honestly the devs should have just cut out some of the fakemon, especially those like Duplicat and Ratsy that are literally just redrawn Smeargle and Ditto. Most of them have decent concepts behind them, but poor execution. NotPopplio needs a better face, Yatagaryu's earlier stages look awkward as fuck, and in general the spiting was pretty inconsistent and easily the weakest part of the game. I kind of liked how Beliaddon was literally my mom's demon, enough to have it be an xp siphon for fuckknows how long. Too many fakemon lines are three stage though, which is really unnecessary to pull off a concept and just pokedex bloat, there's a reason GF doesn't do many three stage lines. Strangely enough, the starters are among the few two-stages, but I guess they couldn't think of how to do middle stages or proper megas.
>>
I'd play it if not for the shit fakemons
>>
>>29164477
Go play pokemon insurgence then, new story but no shit fakemon
>>
>>29164503
I'll check it out, thanks anon
>>
I want to play it, but there's no fullscreen option. So, it can go fuck itself.
>>
>>29164503
>Insurgence

Might as well suggest Reborn and Rejuvenation, they're better in just about every way. Yes, story included.
>>
>>29164433
Lots of these designs seem so bizarre, I can't even tell what type they are,
The grass starter's "grassiness" is just paint it green and put a flower print on it.
>>
>>29163442

CheatEngine is required so that battles won't take forever and a half and that grinding won't also take forever after you reach the halfway point.
>>
>>29164598
hadn't played them, or heard of them so can't tell if this is sarcasm or a genuine suggestion
>>
>>29164598
wasn't Reborn the edgy one?
>>
>>29164677
>>29164694
They're infamous for being hilariously edgy with godawful characters while simultaneously being pretty challenging, in an actually good way, at least early on. I prefer them because they have a lot more work put into them than Insurgence, and Insurgence's story is also shit but it isn't hilariously shit, it's just boring.
>>
>>29164728
solid thanks man
>>
>>29164728

>in an actual good way

I wouldn't really call Special Snowfake Donut Steel Field Effects a good way of a challenge, especially when you have to look outside of the game to know how to counter them.
>>
>>29164773
It's better in Reborn because there it kind of makes sense and each gym doesn't just have a field that goes 'hahah lol u can't hit my weaknesses anymore xDDDD'. Rejuvenation is a horrible offender in this regard, but it's been toned down in later releases. Also, things are less bullshit early game because the devs aren't yet obsessed with fucking over the player.
>>
>>29163442
my laptop runs xcom 2 with high graphics better than it runs this.
Couldn't play past the first gym. Liked what I did play though. Trainer battle theme was top notch.
>>
It's ok. Most of the main problems have already been addressed like dumb difficulty spikes. And for every cool fakemon designs, there are 3 god awful and unnecessary ones. The story is pretty bad but that's nothing unusual for a fangame.

My biggest gripe is...it's just kind of boring. Doesn't add any new convenient or fun features like Insurgence that make you want to playing or interesting characters or plot to keep your attention. When the novelty of the new mostly mediocre fakemon wears off it just kinda a chore to finish the game. I did like it for the most part just wish it wasn't so bland and the main selling point, the fakemon, were better.

5/10
>>
>>29165058
My tabletop can't run Xcom 1 at all and runs this game flawlessly.
>>
>>29164603
Trying to determine type wasn't much of a problem, more so than main games at least. Gligar is there for contrast.
>>
>runs like shit on my fucking GTX 780
>these shitty donut steels

How is this different than those shitty romhacks?
>>
>>29164358
Just launch the patcher thing first once everything is downloaded and installed
>>
>>29165529
What donut steels? Not until the 8th gym at least.
>>
>>29165572
the starters
>>
>>29165736
>a drawing I don't like is a donut steel
>>
>>29165496
When I play it runs okay, but for some reason whenever I try to play it through Steam it starts to lag to near-unplayable levels. Weird.
>>
>>29163442
STOP SHILLING THIS EVERY DAMN WEEK

we tell you its garbage every time
>>
>>29166131
Amazingly, multiple people enjoy things you don't like. Shocking, I know.
>>
Fuck it takes forever to level up pokemon in this game
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.