[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The ethics on catching legendary pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What do you do when you catch a Legendary?
Do you use it in battle? Do you transfer them forward? Do you think its okay to use them knowing they're typically leagues above other Pokemon, or do you only catch them to complete your pokedex? This extends to competitive battles whether in game or on showdown.

Do you think there's a reasonable limit to using legendaries before you just become a Gary Stu like Tobias, or anyone with legendaries?

Please, share your opinions.
>>
Like any reasonable person, I don't fucking care.
>>
>>29159187
I never use them since I only use Pokémon with perfect IVs and finding a legendary which meets the requirements would take too long.
>>
I box them. Just catch them to complete my dex.
>>
I don't use them in playthroughs, I just box them after catching them. It would make the game too easy. In competitive battles, all that matters is the rules, if the rules say no legendaries then fine, if they don't then it's fine to use them, otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage against your opponent if you restrict yourself further than your opponent.
>>
>>29159210
With sun and moon that would change

As for me, I'd like to use some, from time to time but I just cant get myself to do it. I feel its an unfair advantage, but Im considering more and more using some weak ones from time to time
>>
>>29159206
i like your style
>>
>>29159206
/thread
>>
>>29159187
I catch them and put them in my Living Dex. They replace the Legendary Pokémon transferred from prior games who then get transferred to Bank.
>>
>>29159187
I usually don't care. If there is something useless in my team, it slot it in. If I have a team of bros, it gets boxed. I regularly use them competitively.
The exception was AS's Kyogre, which I used as an HM slave.
>>
>>29159187
i hate full legendary teams online, man, i want to use my shitmons. like 99 of 100 teams in online has at least 1 legendary, it's ok having like 3, but full team make the use of shitmons impossible
>>
>>29159187
Personally I never use them in game or in competitive. I just catch and box them. I do keep all of them though, and have a ton of redundancies, in addition to the living dex I have another four boxes full.
I'd like to use them honestly but they feel cheap to me.
>>
Truthfully, there is no reason I have for not using legends, other than force of habit. I've allowed pseudos and Megas, so it makes no difference. The only other reason I could possibly have is that the legends just don't appeal to me. The closest any of them get are the Latis.

The rest, I do not approve of catching ANYTHING just to have it, and doing so is just a waste of space. I don't understand why anyone gets something just to store it as a museum piece forever and ever. To me, it means you missed the point of why the thing exists to begin with. (unless it IS a static figure of some form, although that rightfully has it's place as decoration) Regardless, I do not believe pokemon were made for that function, and I refuse to use it for such.
>>
>>29159210
>tips fedora
>>
>>29160169
>Eats fedora
>>
>>29159187
>9 shitty mini pixie sprite legendaries
STOP MAKING THEM
>>
>>29159187
Only thing that's important to me is that they are in a regular Pokéball but I catch them to fill the Dex, that's all.
>>
File: srt.jpg (37KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
srt.jpg
37KB, 250x272px
>Phione
>>
File: 1465456188416.png (473KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465456188416.png
473KB, 660x720px
>>29159187
I always soft-reset for Natures, though most of the time they'll just end up boxed. I use Latias, Jirachi, Zapdos and Manaphy competitively but that's about it. My shone Giratina is strictly for Amie petting.
>>
>>29159187
Why are they in that order?
I can understand Deoxys, Arceus and Lati@s with Sould Dew on the same level.
But every other one?
>>
>>29159187
well, in my own headcanons, while it's possible to catch all legendary pokemon, it is implausible.

Legendary Pokemon operate on Elder Scrolls legendary artifact rules which is; they are prone to vanishing on their own and reappearing elsewhere. Of course, unlike Elder Scrolls, there's a living being actually doing it so it's less mysterious, you just end up finding a pokeball empty one day and they're gone.

next, there's the idea that while often spoken in myth, leagues already have rules requiring registration of possessing what could be considered a living national treasure, and bars on using them for official competitive matches. Also means you are now a big fat target for criminal organizations, media, and over-protective conversationalists.

side headcanons related to legendaries:
>All legendaries are fully sapient are at least human-level intelligence if not greater. (still prone to being pissed off though)
>Legendaries do not suffer from the weaknesses of others of their types with mewtwo being the sole exception. Thus, Groudon only takes x1 damage from water attacks and not x4.
>>
I catch them to fill the dex. There's just something I don't like about fighting with legendaries, and it almost feels unfair to battle everyone with one.

Then again, I do breed for natures and IVs.

I seldom watch other people battle, but whenever it's an ubers or exclusively legendary battle, it's just so boring to watch.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.