[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst pokemons introduced in a generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: Gen-2.jpg (180KB, 920x496px) Image search: [Google]
Gen-2.jpg
180KB, 920x496px
gen 2 really dropped the ball.
so many useless mons.
why are the johto games so shit?
>>
Name one awful pokemon from gen II, motherfucker. Meh pokemon? Sure. But this is the gen that introduced Dunsparce, Azu, Tyranitar, and MAREEP.
>>
File: 1460649511121.gif (2MB, 360x274px) Image search: [Google]
1460649511121.gif
2MB, 360x274px
>>29156758
Hey, another johto shitpost thread.
>>
>>29156807
Typhlosion
Lanturn
Stantler

ew
>>
>>29156758
I fell for the dunsparce meme.
Damn I really thought you would evolve into some badass dragon. Fuck you gamefreak.
>>
>>29156807
Unown and yes, Dunsparce. No matter how much you may sugar coat it, that thing is shit no matter what.
>>
>>29156758
Johto games are shit because 50% of the content is just a poor kanto rehash with nothing to do. Who cares if you got two regions if they empty as fuck.
What was the point having ruined if yhere were only fucking unknowns. At least put some legendary there shiiit.
Also 70% of the johto mons are straight up trash.
>>
>>29156758
Agreed, it's the worst in term of number of good designs.
I ended up using mostly Kanto mons on it, fuck them for making some of the best only available on Kanto and Mt Silver
>>
I like all gen 2 Pokemon, but there's very few I like enough to place them high on my list. Sure, there are some gems, but you can say that about every generation ever.
I think it's the second worst gen in terms of new mons. First one would be gen 7. I can hardly name 5 fully evolved ones I really adore.
>>
You fuckers are years too late.
Been saying johto was shit for years but /vp/ made it impossible for people with reason to shit on their precious meme game.
The red battle really brain damaged way too many here. His team isnt even good. Cynthia is the hardest there is.
>>
>>29156853
unown is still better than shit mons like the genies
>>
>>29156814
yeah, hoennfags are really pathetic
it's a shame that most of this board started with gen 3
>>
>>29156969
Not even bait as terrible as this can save Unown.
>>
>>29156758
>make a bunch of mons supplementing gen 1
>make a bunch of unique, interesting typing
>make a bunch of single stage mons to be expanded on in the future
>don't introduce any absurd power creep
>proceed to throw this all out of the water with the shit that was gen 3

No, johto is fine
>>
list of shit johto mons
>meganium
>ledian line
>ariados line
>jumpluff line
>sunflora line
>unown
>wobbuffet
>girafarig
>dunsparce
>magcargo line
>corsola
>delibird
>stantler
>togetic line
>xatu line
>aipom
>every baby pokemon besides elekid
>>
>>29156980
Hoenn might not have been good but they had much better pokemons then johto.
>>
>>29156957
This is the typical mentality of Gen 2 haters.

Of course, such an argument fails to take into account that Generation 2 are still one of the best Pokemon games out there. Pokemon Gold and Silver were the only true sequels to a Pokemon game that managed to improve on almost every aspect.
>>
>>29156758
This gen has few Pokémon I actually care about. But at least it's still better than IV.
>>
File: 1476453671829.jpg (83KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
1476453671829.jpg
83KB, 574x413px
>>29157009
>Girafarig
>Xatu
>>
>>29156991
at least the unown look fucking different from eachother the fucking genies look identical outside of T forms, and even then the Unown look cooler.
>>
>>29157027
Hahaha
NO
Bw2 is a much better pokemon sequel.
>>
>>29156758
Let's see...
I like:
The starters (two of these are among the worst of their respective types)
Furret
Crobat
Ampharos
Azumarill
Politoed
Quagsire
The eevees
Gligar
Steelix
Granbull
Scizor
Heracross
Sneasel
Houndoom
Kingdra
The beasts
Tyranitar
The birds
...and some of their preevos

That's 25. Yes, it's the worst set of Pokemon for me. Kalos and Alola may have fewer if I make a list, but they also introduced fewer, so the amount of garbage is smaller
>>
>>29157042
>girafarig
shitmon that only works when you play against someone that has no idea what they are doing
>xatu
inferior noctowl
>>
>>29156957
The designs are underwhelming, but the games are good
>>
File: 1462406525847.jpg (36KB, 630x462px) Image search: [Google]
1462406525847.jpg
36KB, 630x462px
>>29156980
What's a shame is /vp/ cant tell what's a shitpost thread and is willing to have the same argument every day pretending anyone's mind will change

Shit like >>29156957, which is definitely only to get replies, where anyone who disagrees "proves the point"

Half the people shitposting about the games (whether ORAS or especially HGSS) like them and just like shitstorms
>>
>>29157092
>p-people that say they dislike these games actually like them!

nice mental gymnastics
>>
>>29156969
>>29157043
The genies look more different than the Unown. Unown are basically stick figures with an eye, all of the same color. The genies are recolors, but their formes are completely different
>>
>>29157071
Sure, not even mon can be T-Tar status. But Gen II still didn't have shit mons, only not good ones. It's different.
>>
No mega evolution will safe the johto starters especially meganium.
Forever forgotten.
>>
>>29156980
Do you have any source to back up that claim, mate?
>>
File: forretress2.png (4KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
forretress2.png
4KB, 56x56px
>>29156758
Forretress is my favourite pokemon. Donphan, Lanturn, Steelix and Piloswine are really cool too.
>>
>>29157129
Yeah, but they're all shaped differently. It almost certainly took more manpower to make the Unown formes than the genies.
>>
>>29157121
Several times people admit that they only do this sort of thing to shitpost
>>
Gen 2 had way too many meme pokemons not even funny anymore.
Dunsparce,dellibird,girafig,unown,sudowudo,sun-fucking flora... literally 80%
>>
File: trashitgoes.jpg (63KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
trashitgoes.jpg
63KB, 680x453px
>>29157009
>ariados, meganium, xatu and jumpluff
>>
>>29157215
Nah you just butthurt that johto is finally getting exposed
>>
>>29156835
>dat shit taste
I must say that I like stantler, but I know that I'm the only one so i'll only hate you for the first 2
>>
>>29157144
Yes, but I only care about the designs I find good, the ones I use on teams. That's why I didn't count pre evos. My hateboner for Garbodor/Vanillish/Klink won't make me ignore the good designs of Unova, for example. From there, I like around 40, not counting preevos, but even then, the others I don't use aren't as boring as Unown/Hoppip/Quilfish and the babies.
Alola has been a disappointment, they're repeating a lot of things I didn't like about gen 2, lots of cutesy mons, and lack of evolutions. I really hope we get a 100+ pokedex, otherwise this will be the worst set of new Pokemon for me, as much as I love a handful of them
>>
Gen II starters were shit. And it was filled with mundane shit like Ursaring. The baby pokemon thing was fucking dumb as well.

It gave us Tyranitar, Kingdra, Espeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Shuckle, Skarmory, Houndoom, etc; so it was total shit. It just happened to drop the ball where it counted most: starters and legendaries.
>>
>>29157248
Meganium line are some of the worst pokemon in the entire series. The only shit that goes below on any tiered list is stuff like Luvdisc.
>>
>>29157190
They're letters, dude. A lot more thought went into a single genie than half the Unown set.
What's lazy is making 3 copies of that genie with minor changes, but thankfully it got fixed later
>>
>>29157215
But not everyone is a memespouter shitposter, you could just ignore these people
>>
>>29157261
Not really, at the end of the day the people who like it will still like it. I dont really care what regions people dislike. I'm only giving you (You)'s right now while a vid I'm watching can load up.

Also, the fact that in the end, Johto is one of the more loved regions here so the thread spam isnt really anything to care about. I'm replying to shitposts right this moment

>>29157341
The real problem is that over time, pokemon from every other gen got good niches with new moves or abilities or forms. But barely anyone from Johto got it. We need more "saved by abilities" mons like Azumarill
>>
>>29157388
That's true.

>>29157308
I actually feel Alola is really similar to a fusion of Gen 2 and Gen 5. Simple cutesy designs like Johto but very distinct compared to the rest of the mons like Unova. I like the combination.
>>
>>29156758
Best generation.

Even xat.com chats don't use post gen 2 pokemon as toons.
>>
>>29157391
If you count the Sinnoh evolutions and the Megas,, Johto actually has a decently sized OU presence. Skarm, Weavile, Toge, T-Tar, Azu, Scizor, and Gliscor. And Blissey and Forretress were also staples before those bitches Ferrohorn and Chansey stole their thunder.
>>
Hoennfags are really pathetic. Since oras was a huge flop they now try to make johto look bad. Johto may not have introduced very liable mons in combat but its still nowhere near as bad as people are making it sound.
>>
>>29157391
Johto got saved pretty hard actually. The only things that used to be good that fell hard were Steelix and Miltank. Blissey, Forretress and Porygon 2 aren't as good as before but still work.
>>
>>29156758
Gen 2 is by far my favourite gen in terms if designs. Too bad a majority of them are either shit or never seen in-game.
>>
Feraligatr is a god
>>
File: Dunsparce_Evo_Krilsparce.png (263KB, 513x470px) Image search: [Google]
Dunsparce_Evo_Krilsparce.png
263KB, 513x470px
I still believe
>>
the only two johtomons I dislike are Smoochum and Politoed
>>
>>29157529
I always felt like Johto had the lowes number of OU mons, though that's not really a definitive counter of what's good. But yeah, a decent number of Johto mons were saved by evos and stuff. I'd consider that a good thing though others would leave that as counting for Gen 4

>>29157658
I also think Gen 2 has the best designs, followed by MAYBE 7.

>>29157655
I guess. And a few number of mons got the Fairy Type which made them better.
>>
>>29156758
GS are great games but the designs are so fucking vanilla, gen 1 and 3 had way more interesting pogeys
>>
>>29156758
Aren't Genwar threads against the rules?
>>
>>29156980
>>29157000
>>29157524
>>29157618
>If you hate Johto you must be a Hoennbaby baka!!!

Are Johtoddlers this pathetic that they can't believe that Genwunners, Unovabortions, Sinnohfetuses or Kalosperms don't hate their precious region as much as they do any other genfag?
>>
>>29158154
Cry about your abuse of water mons honennfag.
>>
>Johtoddlers shitpost about other gens for years
>Cry when their gen gets shitposted
Are Johtoddlers the sonyggers of /vp/?
>>
>>29158154
Did you reply to two unrelated comments to make your point look more valid?

>>29158477
go back to /v/
>>
>>29158081
this ain't genwar this is a fact
>>
>>29156758
Did you forget gen4 existed?
>>
Gen 4 takes the cake
>>
File: The good ol' days.jpg (3KB, 189x169px) Image search: [Google]
The good ol' days.jpg
3KB, 189x169px
>>29157009
>Xatu
>Not Qwilfish
Nice prank faggot.
>>
>>29157226
don't forget shuckle. i mean i love it but it's a total mememon
>>
File: kingdra.png (535B, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
kingdra.png
535B, 56x56px
>implying the pokemon of johto are the problem.
the problem is that all the cool looking mons, (kingdra, scizor, steelix, houndoom, espeon) are hidden behind trades or gimmicky shit.
which means that your choices for a GSC AND HGSS run are
>starter
>ampharos
>noctowl/pidgeot/sentret
>another gen 1 pokemon
>???
>???
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.