[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to all the spin-off games? They used to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: TheLonePokemonRanger.png (116KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
TheLonePokemonRanger.png
116KB, 256x230px
What ever happened to all the spin-off games? They used to be so common back in gen 4 and 5. Now all we've got is Mystery Dungeon and Pokken. I like both of those, but I really want a new pic related game.

>inb4 "We've got Pokemon GO!"
>>
They sold like shit
>>
>>29156352
Fuck
I really really wanted another Pokémon Ranger game
>>
Oversaturation
>>
If they really want to help them sell better, put in a mythical as a reward for beating it. I.E Darkrai, Manaphy. I'd buy a new ranger either way, but that's beyond the point.
>>
>>29156413
all the Rangers did give away mythical pokemon, heck, it's the only way to get Manaphy
>>
>>29156339
>there will never be another Stadium game
>there will never be another Colosseum
>there will never ever be another Pinball
why even live
>>
You people realize how many spin off we got during gen VI? They are a lot, but most of them are for little kids
Art Academy, Go, SMD, Pokken, Shuffle, Rumble World, Picross, etc
In gen I/II we only have Stadium, TCG, Pinball and Puzzle, in gen III the GC games, MD1 and Pin ball, in gen IV ranger and MD series and Conquest in Gen V

The spin off this gen are only comparable to gen III in amount and variety
>>
>>29156498
Didn't the most recent one not give out a Mythical?
Probably why it failed. Shame, too, because Ranger was a great way to further indoctrinate small children into loving Pikachu.
>>
File: shake that thang.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shake that thang.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>29156339
Think about it for a second.

How would a 3d pokemon Ranger game even work? It would be awkward desu.
>>
>>29156339
Maybe we will when you realize the main series isn't the entire franchise.
>>
>>29156591
How would it be awkward at all?
>>
>>29156591
Then you don't make it full 3D.
Just update the sprites to models and keep it 2.5D like all the other games.
>>
Maybe because the brand was being tainted with Pokemon-scented/flavored shovelware.
>>
>>29156711
>implying that Ranger wasn't the fourth best game that gen
>>
>>29156339
We had Pokemon Shuffle, Link Battle, Pokken, Rumble World, Go, Picross and Super Mystery Dungeon. Not too bad.
>>
>>29156711
>implying that actual full-content games were shovelware in the generation with Go and Shuffle

I want another Ranger and another Colosseum game.
>>
>>29156591
In what way? Well, now that the main series has full movement, all it would need would be visible pokemon in the overworld. As for battles, so you're circling a 3D model instead of a sprite. I don't see why that has to be different. We abandoned overhead views? Okay, that would be a problem. It's impossible without an overhead background on the battles.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.