[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last playthrough was pearl. Bought 3ds off of craiglist this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7310.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7310.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Last playthrough was pearl. Bought 3ds off of craiglist this morning. GO got me and my friends back into pokemon before niantic fucked their own game to death.

Any pro tips for Y? Any fag Pokémon I should avoid?
>>
>>29155598
Nah. The games are good for starters or people who haven't played real pokemon in awhile. They are pretty fun
>>
>>29155624
Online battle is a thing too. You can play it once you beat the game
>>
>>29155598
>any fag Pokemon I should avoid
All of them if you can't make your own decisions pussy.
>>
my only advice is to make the game harder because it's super fucking easy. you can literally blaze through this game without evolving your starter if you play smart enough.
>>
Thanks bros. I'm guessing frokie is the obvious choice. Do you not get the fossil until late game like the older gens? I'm really feeling that little T. rex pokemon
>>
>>29155826
It's actually rather early in game. Just make sure to pick the Jaw Fossil. You'll know when.
>>
>>29155826
It's after the first gym, but before the second gym.
>>
>>29155598
I'm going for the 5th badge now, try to deactivate the exp share by selecting it in the bag and then key items when you're overleveled so it doesn't become too easy, you can try and use the wondertrade to trade away boring pokemons that you catch, and you can use the GTS to get specific pokemon that you like by putting one of your pokemon up to trade in there and asking for that pokemon that you want, be careful tho, the traded pokemon that you get will get crazy amount of exp because they're traded.
>>
File: 1476064135719.jpg (62KB, 840x544px) Image search: [Google]
1476064135719.jpg
62KB, 840x544px
>skipping gen 5
>>
>>29155598
My advice? Turn the EXP.Share off as soon as you get it. You'll have much more fun.
>>
>>29155598
Finished Y for the first time last week, here's my thoughts:

Is the most lacking game I've ever played. Sure it has Amie, Super Training, Trainer Customization, Gym Leader rematches, Poké Riding, Trainer PR Videos, can ACTUALLY participate in recorded battles, Mega Evolutions, Battle Institute, Roller Skaters, etc. but lacks the beloved things that we fans love (Join Avenue, Battle Frontier, PWT, Vs. Seeker, and others)

The game is good but start going down by the 5th Badge. The Kalos Region is the biggest region that exists so you will spent a LOT of time playing the story.
>>
I've played X once and Y twice, and still don't remember 90% of the Town names or Characters.

Maybe I'm just getting more forgetful and my attention span isnt what it used to be, but for me Kalos has been the most forgetful region.

To compare I haven't played Gen 2 or Gen 3 games since I was about 13-14 and 10 years later I can still name off most of the towns, characters, and Pokemon.
>>
>>29157409
He did the right thing
>>
>>29157734
This is an issue I had. Kalos is a lousy region. After 40 hours I can't name a town after luminose
>>
>>29155598

>protips

Dont play with the EXP Share on
Dont save on the streets of Luminoise City unless you have the patch installed
you get a Thief TM early in the game. On Route 8, you can steal Heart Scales from Luvdisc with the old rid. They have a 100% chance of showing up when you fish. Stock up on Heart Scales
BTW TMs are infinite as opposed to Gen 4 so the moment you find them you don't need to stock up on them.
Don't use Amie for your first playthrough, The benefits you get are insane, such as an auto Focus Band, chances to cure status effects, increased critical hit chance and other things.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.