[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever watch Let's Play's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

Do you ever watch Let's Play's?
>>
>>29151127
Only for a quick objective reminder like when I forget what I needed to do in ORAS
>>
>>29151127
No, they put me to sleep like NASCAR and football.
>>
>>29151212
That's what I use them. To get to bed at night.
>>
>>29151127
Not for Pokémon. The main game is too simple and repetitive for a playthrough to keep being interesting. Even more so since I know the games very well.
>>
>>29151127
Pimpnite when I didnt have a 3DS
>>
File: stupid.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>29151127
Pokémon let's plays are some of the most boring things to watch. The game is very fun to play but watching it is a giant drag
>>
>>29151127
usually not, the only people I watch who do full playthroughs are Northernlion and Vinesauce

NL especially because his videos are comfy as fuck
>>
>>29151127

Love Team Four Star's.

Soul Silver's proven to be more entertaining than the Leaf Green version.

Probably helps they picked the "shitty" starter that ended up proving themselves.

The Charizard in Leaf Green didn't really have a personality, he was just there, not like Mr. Stake.
>>
File: Yiffin.jpg (70KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
Yiffin.jpg
70KB, 852x477px
I've been watching Griffin McElroy's nuzlocke. I love that guy and almost everything he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StruwFQWyY
>>
I'll watch Pokemon Let's Plays if the commentary is entertaining AND if the person playing knows what he's doing. So, I guess shofu and Etika are somewhat relatable.
>>
I usually don't. Team Four Star's is actually funny though.
>>
I thought I was the only one that wathces TFS's nuzlockes.That and TTartube's alpha sapphire randomizer nuzlocke.Mavis was the MVP of the team and Mr.Stakes is pretty much unkillable.
>>
>>29151127
As long as they know what they're doing or pick up on things reasonably quickly when playing blind.
>>
Mainly Chuggaaconroy, he's based.
I sometimes watch MunchingOrange because he plays interesting fangames. He's a bit annoying though.
>>
I only watch Nuzlockes of fan games like Uranium, or blind Nuzlockes of main games.
There was one streamer on Twitch who played a Nuzlocke of the 6th gen games and he had no Idea what was going on because he hadn't played a pokemon game since 2nd gen, so no idea what abilities were, or phys/special split was until twitch chat explained. It was hilarious.
>>
>>29151127
I honestly liked Two Best Friends' Nuzlocke. I acknowledge that it had a shit ton of things wrong with it but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I dig TFS's Soul Silver run too, but holy shit they need to fuck off with saying "merstake" all the time. Every fucking time they decide to headbutt a tree one of them decides to blurt out MERRRRRSTAKE and it starts this whole tirade of them saying that fucking name over and over again and it's obnoxious as fuck.

I hate that they also don't just end the video when the actual gameplay ends, but that's more personal taste.
>>
>>29151127
Not for Pokemon Games. I only watch let's plays if a game is more interesting to watch than to play (Deadly premonition for example) or it's a game I know I won't be able to play and I'm interested in the story (console exclusives).
Pokemon doesn't fit either of those criteria.
>>
>>29153326
That'd be Lani, screaming all the fucking time is kind of his thing. Grant is clearly best boi overall.
>>
>>29152715
I'm hoping they do ORAS next, but it's likely going to be Platinum then the Unova duo of games.
>>
>>29153326
>it starts this whole tirade of them saying that fucking name over and over again and it's obnoxious as fuck.
Wait until you get to Guillotine.
>>
>>29153652

Fuck Mr.Pinchee Faggot ass Crab
>>
>>29153682
At least Lum-Chan is shaping up to be a good character.
>>
>>29153682
I'm looking forward to Lakigr wiping them because they fuck up using horn drill.
>>
File: 1476487569736.jpg (212KB, 1800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1476487569736.jpg
212KB, 1800x1500px
>>29153770

Agreed.

>>29153771

Probably will go that way.
>>
>>29153771
I'm just happy they started taking the game seriously again. Watching them stomp Kanto due to their overgrinding was boring. Hopefully the Lakigr fight will be entertaining.
>>
>>29153817
I wish they'd went with Storm Silver instead, the most entertaining episodes are when they're flipping out over something unexpectedly difficult.
>>
>>29153849
Maybe they'll try out Blaze Black next. That'd be fun to watch.
>>
>>29153947
They've only got a month until SuMo so I have a suspicion they'll just fill the slot with non-nuzlocke game(s) until then, They don't really have a strong incentive to continue going in gen order and the excitement surrounding a new game is hard to resist.
>>
>>29153682
I just can't believe they got fucking Mamoswine killed. I saw that Leaf Storm coming a mile away, but they were confident that Ice Fang would one shot, they should have had Hux up front, that way Blue wouldn't have sent out his Arcanine and they would have had time to switch in Luke for the Earthquake.

At least they found a good replacement, but I'm worried that Lakigar will stomp them. Mostly level 75+ Pokemon with Raichu probably being level 80 and no Ground type to fuck it up. At least with Lantern they have volt absorb, but I don't know if Grant will have given it Iron Tail and Lantern doesn't have good Defense, though that HP might let it survive.
>>
>>29154144
Nidoking is a Ground type and has Earth Power.
>>
TyraniTarTube
I never watch any of his other vids, ESPECIALLY not the news ones
>>
Do you think there's a legitimate reason why they can't release Slowmara, or it's them fucking with the ROM and putting on a front
>>
>>29154352
Oh yeah, what am I thinking. They should be fine, almost 200 Sp.A at the level they are. Buttdork isn't going to survive a single hit and once Dragonite comes out, it's Ice Beam and gone.

They should probably lead with the King. But just watch them try to Horn Drill and get him killed by some bullshit.
>>
>>29154394
It's obviously a joke, are you retarded? They couldn't even edit strings without bitshifting.
>>
>>29154394
HMs, you can't release Pokemon with an HM on them. If they took her to the Move deleter, they could get rid of her.

GameFreak wanted to make sure you didn't do something and trap yourself some place where you needed Surf or Fly to get out of and didn't have a Pokemon that could do either because you released the one you taught it to.
>>
>>29154056
That's a fair point, they might just do that. Do they have a 3ds capture card/hacked n3ds to do it with, though?
>>
Hell fucking know.
All lets players should be gassed
>>
>>29154448
But they released Mc Pinchie who had surf no problem. They were even stuck on an island at the time they released him. Did I miss a cut, or is there something more to it?

Is it because they still technically had Slowmara in the box, who had surf?
>>
>>29152750
yiff in hell furfag
>>
>>29154657
Each time they tried releasing Slowmara, it was the ONLY Pokemon that knew Surf in the entire PC. Since Pinchee and Slowmara both knew Surf, they were able to release Pinchee, but then were consequently unable to release Slowmara. It's clear that they knew about it the second time, but are sticking with the gag for MUH LORE.
>>
>>29152750
the best lets play of all time.

crazy that he's so great, but he's also friends with the worst person of all time, nick. i loathe him with every wisp of my aura
>>
>>29152893
>TTartube
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
I stopped watching the TFS SoulSilver run so I didn't run out of stuff to watch. Then with a bunch of Netflix shows among other things I stopped watching entirely. Now I'm up to episode 36. Out of fucking 80. Jesus.
>>
What TFS' best joke or gag between the two Nuzlocke runs?
>>
>>29151127
I only watch them when I have no brain power left for the day to play Pokémon and then I give in and watch a fan game or a nuzlocke
>>
>>29155338
FREE WEEZY
>>
>>29155338
I like how they do a close up of the HP bar when someone's about to die
>>
Funny how some editing can really make a lets play worthwhile. TFS did it amazingly.
>>
>>29153326
A lot of the TBFP series that get ragged on for silly mistakes and slow progress make for way better watches. I found their blood borne run great to watch whilst I played through the game.
>>
>>29153770
Yeah with all of one episode left.
>>
>>29152579
This
>>29152642
NL is comfy as fuck but I only watch Isaac and one off videos really.
>>
>>29153537
Lani killed my interest in the Silver playthrough due to him not paying attention, shit jokes, and lack of knowledge about basic game mechanics.

He's the Matt of TFS
>>
>>29154657
You can't release a mon with an HM if it's the *only* mon you have that knows that HM.

When they released Kingler, they had two that knew Surf. Slowbro was their only Surfer when they tried to release it.
Lanturn knows Surf so if they tried now they could release Slowbro.
>>
>>29151127
Not for Pokemon, but I find Super Best Friends, Tears of Grace, and Team Four Star to be rather entertaining.
>>
>>29151127
TFS is fantastic. I also like Nate and Dookie but they don't do shit anymore.
raocow played the romhack Super Pika Land Ultra Chocolate Version so that counts... He's my favorite Let's Player of all goddamn time. Fucking amazing.
>>
>>29155338
Bork LASER was great.
>>
>>29154694
His name is Griffin. He named it "Yiffin" to be similar to his own name, saying "there can't possibly be anything wrong with this name"
>>
>>29154869
They're both brats. I like the car boys series but Monster Factory is best.
>>
>>29151157
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>29152750
Been watching this one too, I listen to his podcasts and stuff too though so I'm pretty biased.
>>
Japanese ones.
>>
File: hgSl6Iv.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hgSl6Iv.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>29151127
I hate let's plays and youtube "gaming culture" in general. I tried before but there's simply nothing that caught me, no matter how many channels I tried.

The only thing that I watch sincerely and that can be classified as "let's play" is Game Center CX, a pretty comfy show, Arino is entertaining without being a tryhard that needs to spout a joke every 10 seconds.
The show also has many others segments (game related) that changes the pace of things pretty well.

Also, apparently he played through Pokemon Red/Green (trying to catch them all) in recent episodes, but I'm still in Season 8 so I don't know if it's really recent or not.
>>
Lets plays are garbage.
>>
>>29153568

I can see them doing the original R/S/E.

If they do Hoenn, I hope they use Mudkip.
>>
>>29160663
They honestly should get Mudkip. Water is the only type for a starter they haven't used at this point. It would be cliche for them to use Sceptile or Blaziken. We all know Mudkip is the best, and they should too.
>>
The only Pokémon related Let's Play I watched was DeliciousCinnamon's play through of Vietnamese Crstyal. Loved that. And I miss them.
But other than that, I watch a lot of Let's Plays from my favorite YouTubers/Twitch streamers. Not Pokémon related though. I'm not one to get assblasted seeing someone play a game I know well wrongly and make stupid mistakes, but it is a little hard to watch.
>>
>>29153817

It won't. Much like how the blastoise and beezy joke with Nutsack wound up nerfng the shit out of his team, Lakigr's team will be a fucking joke.
Hux will probably die because Hail, though.
>>
>>29155338
The Slowmara joke was great because they ran into the HM protection, which just sealed it. The best joke of all though has to be Tantor. They got the pokemon generations video comment section to be filled with retards chanting Tantor, and if that isn't a fucking well played joke, I don't know what is.
>>
>>29161289
TANTOR TANTOR!
>>
>>29154144
Unfortunately, Lakigr's team is ass. Bork got fucked by the split, Buttdork and Sandrew have trash stats, and Wanda was never good. The scariest thing on LaKiGr's team is, unironically, BURASTO BAAN
>>
>>29161352
They're going to BURASTO BAAN Mr. Stake and he'll finally die.
>>
I watched like 4 episodes of Best Friends Play's Nuzlocke before getting bored
I might revisit it and put it on in the background while I'm working on my dex completion
>>
TFS should try a higher difficulty romhack or something. I'd like to see how that'd work out.
>>
File: TOPKEK.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>29161723
>They do Blaze Black 2 Challenge Mode/Rutile Ruby
>They die at the first few gyms
>mfw
>>
>>29160663
mudkip is easy mode
also I really hope they're not serious about hacking red's team, doesn't seem fair since they'll know them automatically and it just feels wrong, is it so hard to assume that on his way to Mt.Silver he got new Pokemon? Half of his team is the same anyway.
>>
>>29151127
I'm watching Nappy and Shady's BW soul link.
Some pretty funny stuff.
>>
>>29164349
I've speed watched a shit ton of that circle. What is it with this rift of black people that play pokemon?
>>
>>29154144
Their Heracross would've buttfucked that Exeggutor three ways to Sunday.

There was literally no reason to open with Mamoswine.
>>
>>29164712
or Houndoom since he's immune to psychic
>>
>>29151127
Anyone who willingly watches anyone else play a turn based RPG has something fundamentally wrong with them.
>>
>>29164481
I've noticed there is a shit ton of black people that play pokemon and smash bros.
>>
>>29168605
shofu is the only big one that comes to mind
>>
>>29168622
I don't mean there are a lot of black people that play both on youtube. I mean that the pokemon community and the smash bros community both have a lot of black people.
>>
>>29168641
ah, my bad
>>
What's the funniest XY nuzlocke playthrough?
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.