[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Gen 2 starters so cucked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

Apparently no new megas
No non gen 1 Alola forms

These guys need some fucking lover after so long but it doesn't look like Sun and Moon is giving them any
>>
Not long ago, their HA got released. This fact didn't help Meganium at all though.
>>
>>29150149
Because Nintendo is a business first and doesn't really care about old fans. Money > pleasing fans, always remember this.
>>
>>29150149
Because starter megas are a valuable commodity and you'd be stupid to haphazardly throw them into a generation of games that's unrelated to them.

There's a reason mega swampert and mega sceptile where saved for ORAS: create incentive to buy them. Simple. The other starters will get megas when we revisit those regions.

>>29150249
>What are Alola forms
>>
>>29150149
MURR STAKE!!
>>
>>29150149
Gen 2 is in an awkward position where it got remade before megas were introduced. This simply means that gen 3 onwards are eligible for mega starters, and of course gen 1 would get them. Also gen 2 had no real breakout pokemon like Charizard or Blaziken.
>>
>>29150315
This. Let them be relaxed with their pacing if they want.
>>
>Implying Sheer Force/Life Orb Gatr isnt great
>>
>>29150181
Nor Typhlosion, really.
>>
>>29150149
Most forgettable Starters among the Japanese demographic. Gen 4, 5 and 6 Starters are more likely to get Megas before they do.
>>
>>29150315
>What are Alola forms
gen I pandering?
>>
>>29150149
The better question is why is gen 2 in general
>>
>>29150746
Yes. Pandering to old fans. I am an old fan and I am pleased by Alolan forms.

I would like to see forms from various gens, but at the end of the day they are paying attention to old fans, but you said they weren't.
>>
>>29150760
Most Gen 2 mons are fine though. Apart maybe from Ledian and Stantler, but every gen has shitmons like those.
>>
>>29150181
>>29150618
>>29150581
>UU
Just use Gyarados
>>
>>29151018
Feraligatr has more momentum going for it, though. But yeah too many physical Water types, plus Gyarados, tend to harm Feraligatr in UU a bit. Remember when it was S-Rank in UU? Good times.
>>
>>29151018
Feraligatr hits harder
>>
>>29150964
They kinda do, but this just looks like they're trying to attract the kind of people who only know charizard and pikachu. Why not make gen 2 alola forms if they truly care? Or Gen 2 starter megas?
>>
>>29151067
Because they are all about gen 1 pandering now days, with a side of "that one really popular pokemon with casuals" like Lucario. And I don't think Gen 2 really has a pokemon with comparable popularity.
>>
>>29151204
Lugia was kind of popular back then. But no, Gen 2 and 5 are kind of shafted in the popularity department which is a shame.
>>
>>29151018
Feraligatr hits harder and less weakness going for it
>>
>>29151067
20th anniversary of the original release. But also, this >>29151204

Most gen 2 mons are just too obscure to market an entirely new concept of the series. When regional forms are established, I think they'll branch out to other gens.
>>
>>29151204
>I don't think Gen 2 really has a pokemon with comparable popularity
Yeah that's sadly true, I just wish they wouldn't completely ignore it.
>>
My thought, given Gen 2 and Gen 4 are set at "the same time" that they might save Gen 2 Megas for the 20th Anniversary of the Games/and or whenever the DP Remakes on the NX come out. I mean it makes sense, and gives them an excuse for Rowan post game to say "hey my friend Professor Oak and/or Elm had me take these to study since oh IDK I study Pokemon Evolution along with these pokemon. Like you did for your starter could you investiigate?"

Maybe it's even gonna be where you randomly get the Gen 5 and Gen 6 starters from random NPC but you get Gen 1, 2, 3 from Rowan with him wanting you to investigate their mega evolutions. I mean it makes sense and it would tie in better then and there then shoving them in when they are just trying to party up Gen 1 and 7. It sucks but it's because they do not wanna burn their bridges so quickly, keep in mind a lot of the memorable Gen 2 and Gen 4 mons got Megas so that was already gonna given us Gen 2/Gen 4 Fans a disadvantage.

Though also think about it, after how stale the meta got and how pissed off everyone (including top tier VGC players who were and some are whiney brats- cept Wolfe yo he was wise AF) from Megas of course they would wanna shift all the focus all to these new gimmicks like Alolan Variants, and weird Evolutions, and Z-Moves of all sorts. Though doesn't mean they won't go back and do the undone Megas for Gens 1, 2, 3, and 4, cause there are still a bit of mons they could do. PLUS until Diamond and Pearl drop they might do Megas DLC, just because there are not any new megas immediately doesn't mean they won't do events like for Torchic + Blazikenite for the launch of SM. Plus there's more points they could do in DP remakes to have Megas given to you, like getting Lucarionite from Riley once you hatch and evolve your Riolu or Garchompite and a Gible from Cynthia, maybe a Staraptorite from Barry. I could even see you getting a Noctowlite in one game and Swellowite in another.
>>
>>29151256
The remake is no excuse to give them some attention though, like they couldn't make two aloha forms for gen II version exclusives or something.
>>
>>29150635
>>29150760
These anons know what's up.
>>
>>29151310
I agree that they should have. Personally, I think that they already have some forms done up from other gens that they're saving for the second gen 7 game, but we'll see.
>>
>>29151256
That sounds logical and all, but
I mean.
Just.
Exeggutor
Sandshrew
Grimer
The always obscured raichu
I get meowth and ratatta since they're quite iconic and ninetales has always retained popularity. But the rest haven't been relevant for years.

Speaking of gen 2, have we seen oddish at all yet? It would be hilarious if the most hawaiian pokémon in existance were to be excluded from the hawaiian region.

>>29151346
It would be funny if a different region got exclusive alolan forms.
>>
What is Scizor? What is Houndoom? What is Crobat? What is Tyranitar? What is Heracross? What are the starters? Like yeah I get the 2nd gen is not as beloved by the Japanese but let's face facts: BW Era were basically transitional/soft reboot for the series' lore for XY, which is literally RB done over. Of course while SM is the sequel or spiritual successors to XY they can't just keep slamming megas when it's such a volatile time for them. Half the community, especially "big wigs" hate their guts and bitch all the time about them now, the other half understand that times change and while some Megas weren't too great, the majority of them made unpopular mons, like Mawile or Houndoom or more so Manectric, popular. Legit they would be stupid after this whole 20th anniversary bonaza bullshit not to keep pumping out Megas, cause at the end of the day while we have Alolan Variants for 1st Gen mons, doesn't mean they could do all of them. While they have specific Z-Moves, does not mean they could come up with finisher moves for every single pokemon, well not off the top of their heads. The points is Z-Moves were meant to be like an Anti-God Weapon, like excalibur or brionac, for Megas. It's also at this time they are editing the Megas so they fit into the Meta better so it isn't as much of a need to have one.

Hell real talk, if anything they should keep Lando-T, Cresseila, Heatran and those mons banned until there are fully effective, not as obscure cause people bitch, ways to deal with them. Sucks for Zapdos and the first four sets of sub-legendaries but due to how powerful Lando-T is alone THAT's what they should find a way to nerf. And yes yes I know what is water or ice pokemon but it's been top three on battlespot for a reason.
>>
>>29151215
Yeah Lugia was popular at the time, but it has lost much of that now. Not sure what the most popular Gen 2 pokemon is today. Off the top of my head I'd guess Scizor or Tyranitar.
>>
>>29151376
I mean, they'll have them, but they won't be called that. If there's a gen 4 remake this gen they'll probably pull a retcon so we can discover "Sinnoh forms," like how ORAS retconned the wild pokemon distribution later on in the game.
>>
>>29151463
>they'll probably pull a retcon so we can discover "Sinnoh forms,"
>grass type or whatev ponyta
>now the silly monkey is the only fire type availiable until post-game
>>
File: outrageous_by_lozartist-d4j5b9j.png (99KB, 900x642px) Image search: [Google]
outrageous_by_lozartist-d4j5b9j.png
99KB, 900x642px
>>29150249
>doesn't really care about old fans
And yet the gen 1 pandering is getting outrageous
>>
>>29150249
You've got it backwards. They only care about the old fans and don't give a shit about the new ones. Johtoddlers don't fall into the old camp which is why no one cares.
>>
>>29151525
it's what all the normies know the most and buy.

>He or she is a fucking normie piece of crap who doesn't even know any Gen 2 or 3 mons.

worst whorebags on earth tbqh, phamalamadam
>>
>>29151632
It's one thing to not like 3+ games but to not know any Gen 2 Pokemon means you probably weren't a Pokemon fan
>>
>>29150315
>implying they'll revisit Johto again
>>
SuMo would have been the time for mega GSC starters since the next games are DP remakes.
>>
>>29151666
Funnily enough, most genwunners tend to mistake Togepi as a gen 1 Pokémon.
>>
>>29152718
>since the next games are DP remakes
No way. It's too early for DP remakes considering you can still play the originals on the 3DS. I expect either Gen 1 reremakes or an SM sequel next.
>>
>>29153415
Too early? Are you retarded?
>>
>>29151439
He said starters, cool your autism.
>>
>>29153415
When the Gen 1 remakes were out you could still play the originals on the GBA anon. Besides, it's been 10 years since DP was released.
>>
File: 1468626769310.jpg (44KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
1468626769310.jpg
44KB, 680x765px
>>29153627
>10 years
I thought you were joking at first
>>
>>29150149
how do you know they ain't getting no megas ?
just wait until we datamine the fucking game you faggot
>>
>>29153917
Probably because there are no new megas in SM?
>>
>>29153415
You can play Gen 1 on the 3DS too, your point?
>>
>>29154071
Not him, but you couldn't until they were re-released.
>>
>>29154086
So? They HAVE been re-released. What would be the point of doing ANOTHER set of Gen 1 remakes? On GBA they updated just about everything since the games had changed so much since the originals. The only changes to be made on 3DS that FRLG didn't already tackle are the special/physical split and Fairy typing. The only reason for it would be the cash grab.
And as has already been pointed out, DP came out over 10 years ago. If DP remakes came out this time next year it will have been 11 years.
>>
>>29154086
I know, but still you can play them, We need to wait at least 1 and half generation to ever think about a new Gen 1 remake
>>
>>29150149
The totodile family is my favourite in the series, and I wish that pokemon, if the HAVE to pander. Would do it a bit more sensibly. Maybe they take the whole genwunners thing too literally.
>>
>>29150149
I'd rather they leave them alone than potentially make an ugly but better new form of a starter I like. I don't need that struggle between aesthetics vs power.
>>
>>29155915
You don't already struggle with the aesthetics of the Johto starters? Typhlosion and Meganium are so fucking boring.
>>
>>29150149
Well, Typhlosion and Meganium are cucked. Feraligatr at least got away with a great ability and an okay stat distribution.
>>
Typhlosion needs
- speed buff (110 would be ok)
- Earth Power

Not even a mega just give it these attributes and it becomes pretty good
>>
>>29151215
>my favourite Gens
>constantly ignored by GF
th-thanks
>>
>>29156345
Nah, it's still a pure Fire-type so it won't be that great. Furthermore as a starter it needs to stick to the BST that afflicts them, so it'll have to be nerfed in some way to compensate.
>>
Meganium
Grass/Fairy
Pixilate
80 / 82 / 100 / 83 / 100 / 80
80 / 132 / 130 / 63 / 130 / 90
Learns- Spore

Typhlosion
Fire/Ground
No Guard
78 / 84 / 78 / 109 / 85 / 100
78 / 72 / 98 / 160 / 105 / 121
Learns- Earth Power

Feraligatr
Water/Dragon
Tough Claws
85 / 105 / 100 / 79 / 83 / 78
85 / 135 / 125 / 89 / 93 / 103
>>
>>29156247
>Shitting on flowery apatosaurus
Bitch I'll cut you.
>>
>>29156949
>Mega Feraligatr Tough Claws Outrage with that stat spread
That looks fucking insane so long as you get rid of scarf Lat@s
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.