[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible Kanto and Alola connection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (31KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31KB, 512x288px
Why is that only Gen 1 pokemon a.k.a Kanto pokemon are getting Alola forms? Sure, Gamefreak has a lot of bias towards Gen 1, but there must be a in-game reason as to why no other region have this transformation.

Is there some kind of mystical connection between Kanto and Alola that causes the pokemon of both regions to chance their forms when they go from one region to the other?

Does this means some pokemon from Alola could chance their forms if they traveled to Kanto?

Think about this, if GF ever made new Gen 1 remakes, it could be the perfect oportunity to introduce new pokemon by making Alola pokemon have a "Kanto form".

What do you guys think about this?
>>
>>29145485

Because it's the 20th anniversary. Nothing else.
>>
>>29145485
No fuck you

Id rather get Sinnoh forms
>>
>>29145492
Oh c'mmon, you know its not gonna be that simple.

>>29145503
Me too. But I doubt its gonna happen.
>>
Because Kantomons are the core Pokemon, and everything else is an addon. Unless something includes EVERY Pokemon or is trying to promote a certain generation, Kanto Pokemon are always going to be the default.
>>
if you're looking for a lore explanation we don't have one yet; and too be honest I doubt we will. I guess you can just handwave it by saying it's just a coincidence
>>
>>29145554
>Pokken
>>
>>29145554
Sure. But even mega evolutions and fairy types had non-Gen 1 pokemon when they were included. Theres something different about Alola forms.
>>
>>29145529
We KNOW it's that simple. It's fucking gamefreak. Are you confusing them for another studio
>>
Sad thing is, the Alolan forms in my opinion should have been all gen 5 Pokemon.
>>
>>29145600
No its not. It is a promotion for the 20th annivesary They linked RBY with SM. You can get all old Kanto mons via RBY (or XYORAS) while Alola offers new forms for them for the annivesary.

Also Yo-kai watch influence
>>
>>29145585
Yeah, I'm a lore faggot and this have been bugging my mind for quite some time now.

>>29145603
After GF included multiverse in their games? They still can surprise us.
>>
>>29145485

Besides the 20th Anniversary connection, there is the possibility it's referring the Japanese influence in Hawaii. You could argue that should include Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh since they're all based on parts of Japan, but again it's the 20th Anniversary of Gen 1.
>>
>>29145485
1. The connection is that it seems Kanto is very close to those islands because a lot of pokemon is imported from there.
2. RIght know there will be no way to have Alola mons transfered to other games
>>
>>29145623
Of course this is happening because of the anniversary, I never doubt that, my question is: will they will include a in-game reason as to why this happens? A lore reason, maybe?
>>
>>29145706
Guys there is whole site that explains why Pokemon changed.
>>
>>29145679

Importation and Oak's cousin living in Alola could mean that it's close to Kanto.
>>
>>29145647
Multiverse was ALWAYS a thing. It was always the explanation for ghost types and trading.
>>
>>29145485
remember that war Lt Surge mentioned about

it's about to COME TOGETHER
>>
>>29145748
I know trading, but Ghost types? When?
>>
>>29145598
Even in Pokken, gen 1 has way more representation than any other.
>>
>>29145485
If the regions of the pokémon world were located more or less in the same place where their real-world counterparts are, then Kanto would be closest to Alola than others regions.

Also, Alola seems to have a lot of Kanto immigrants, kinda like real-life Hawaii with asians, and considering those people certainly brought Kanto pokémon with them, that could explain why so many of these foreign species had to adapt to the new environment.

As for the reason that didn't happen before, it's probably because the geographical isolation of the archipelago forced the pokémon to adapt in order to survive (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_ecology#Speciation), whereas in other regions they could have just migrated.
>>
>>29145828
Ghost types aren't actually dead things. They're just interdimensional creatures.
The Gastly line's entrees talk about it.
Not to mention that Giratina, the grand daddy of ghost types, is an interdimensional creature and not a dead thing.
>>
>>29145485
Who cares, its just another portion of gen 1 pandering, this time because of the annivesary

As for the reason for the lore: just a regular climat adaptation. At the same time we do know its bullshit GF does all the time like Mega evos being Kalos exclusive: surprise, surprise and Hoenns. Alola forms will appear from now on in other region aswell
>>
>>29145929
Except Yamask. And Phantump.
>>
>>29145964
>Alola forms
You mean Regional Variants. Alola Forms are the variants exclusive to Alola, it wouldn't make any sense for them to appear in the wild anywhere else. Other regions from now on will definitely get their own variants, but not Alola's.

After SM they'll probably only be obtainable in Safari Zones or as traded/gift pokémon.
>>
>>29145492
/thread
>>
>>29145984
And Froslass.
>>
Well maybe is that in the world map of pokemon kanto is located nearby which caused kanto ppl to move to alola and their pokemon
>>
>>29145485

Lorewise Kanto and Alola are very closely related. Oak even has a cousin in Alola.
>>
>>29145929
Does Gastly's Main Course and dessert also mention it?
>>
Honolulu has the highest Japanese population outside of Japan
Hawaii in general has a heavy number of Japanese migrants.
Its a reflection of this.
>>
>>29145647
LOL honey multiverse was their lazy-ass way of fitting megas in to a previously mega-less region, dumbass.
>>
>>29145503
gross
>>
Well, Hawaii and Japan have a bunch of connections, postive and negative.

Plus its not just Hawaii, with koalas and Komodos and Haka lizards and rat problems its glomming on a lot of other island cultures, which Japan's involved with.

Animals are easily able to be passed around in that trade.

That lends some reasoning for it, though it means gen 2 and 3 should probably pop up too, probably.

Plus I'm sure theres a million demonstrations that that logics just fucked, the same x is in both france and new york, etc. Really they're just probably a gimmick and they decided unfortuantly to make only gen 1 ones (or keep other ones secret). I don't really think it was malicious, just the usual first game of the generation makes 'mons and mechanics and then the second game refines that. Now its happened once it'll probably be expanded on and regional pokemon will be from all generations and more justified too.
>>
>>29147694
Underrated
>>
>>29145485

Because Alola forms were actually the original forms. They just mutated because Kanto is too fucking polluted.
>>
>>29145485
Because these Pokemon were imported to Kanto originally.
>>
>>29145485
Kanto -> Sevii Islands -> Alola
>>
>>29145485
>but there must be a in-game reason as to why no other region have this transformation
here's an explanation from me: aether foundation nuked johto, hoenn, sinnoh, unova and kalos leaving kanto and alola as only regions.
>>
>>29148067
I know that, now how this disproves my point?

>>29148951
Now that would be interesting.
>>
>>29148152
Guess this could be possible too, sure would make room for a lot of new possibilities, plus it gives GF a chance to "repair" old useless pokémon.

Now I wonder if this would mean a whole new universe to explain why regional forms did not exist before. Although the way mega evolutions are introduced in SM, implies its the same universe of XY and ORAS.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.