[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I apologize in advance if this thread is viewed as pointless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4139.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4139.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
I apologize in advance if this thread is viewed as pointless and/or redundant. Since the starters were revealed I've been attempting (and only just failed an hour ago) to keep myself blind to everything coming in the new games. Now that I'm all caught up, I'm curious to know how /vp/ feels this generation is shaping up.
What's your favorite new pokemon?
What's your favorite alola form?
How do you feel about that island kahuna system (also could someone explain this to me, because I don't completely understand it)?
How do you feel about Ultra Beasts?
How do you feel about Z-moves?
How do you feel about character designs?
Is there anything left that would need to come for you to feel it's truly complete?
I'll give my thoughts in my next post.
>>
>>29136618
is pointless? yes
favorite new pokemon litten
favorite alola form i donĀ“t like any
kahunas are good change, but i prefer the gyms
meh
useless
great tier
i want an older protagonist like bw and xy
>>
File: Just a line.png (417KB, 173x10000px) Image search: [Google]
Just a line.png
417KB, 173x10000px
>>29136618
>What's your favorite new pokemon?
Probably Mimkyu. Mudsdale is pretty cool.
>What's your favorite alola form?
Related
>How do you feel about that island kahuna system (also could someone explain this to me, because I don't completely understand it)?
Gym leaders with a different name.
>How do you feel about Ultra Beasts?
Mixed, leaning positive. On the one hand, Pokemon really needs difficult bosses that are hard because they are bullshit. On the other, they probably won't be hard because t's Pokemon, meaning they might kinda just be there.
>How do you feel about Z-moves?
I need more info to be sure. A One-time, 120 bp move isn't enough for most 'mons, unfortunately. If more get introduced that do something interesting, I might take more notice.
>How do you feel about character designs?
Overall, some of the most solid I have seen. Fat-magnet aside, I like all of what I have seen so far.
>Is there anything left that would need to come for you to feel it's truly complete?
Battle Frontier. I'd accept a shitty one, just more than the fucking Battle Tower/shittier french reskin.
>>
>>29136618

favorite new pokemon: currently one of vikavolt, steenee, day lycanroc and ribombee
favorite alola form: sandshrew
kahunas: we needed something other than gyms after 20 years
ultra beasts: cautiously optimistic they'll be more than just weird pokemon mechanically
z-moves: gimmick, unimportant
characters: fucking incredible between mallow, wicke, gideon, ilima, lana, olivia, plumeria and guzma
whats missing: new megas, non gen 1 alolan forms, a postgame/reason to play after a month besides wifi and endless battles
>>
Gotta go with Oricorio. I love the animal its based on and its cute as a button. Bewear close second.
Probably ninetales, but I feel like most of them are kinda "eh" so far. I think it's an awesome idea, but none of the current examples have really grabbed me so far.
>How do you feel about that island kahuna system (also could someone explain this to me, because I don't completely understand it)?
I think this has the potential to be cool and I know people have been begging them to mix up the whole get 8 badges, go fight elite four thing. I need to understand it better first, though.
I think this looks AMAZING. I love the concept and I can't wait to learn more about them and fight them.
It's probably about time Pokemon got its own super move system. I'm curious about how much it will affect the game, but I wouldn't say I'' hyped for it. Pulverizing pancake looked awesome.
I feel like they're a step above last gen so far. Lillie is cute, Kukui is daddy, Team Skull looks rad. I like the designs from the institute too.
>Is there anything left that would need to come for you to feel it's truly complete?
I'm pretty satisfied and sufficiently hyped at this point!
>>
>also could someone explain this to me, because I don't completely understand it
Basically, instead of gyms you just meet up with Trial Captains and they give you a sidequest to complete, with a totem battle at the end (which may or may not be counted as a separate trial. We're still not clear on all the details). Once you finish every trial on the island, you get to fight the Kahuna, who's the last boss of the island.
>>
Mimikyu
Muk has won me over completely. Marowak before today.
Thank god they're finally dropping the gym nonsense. It only took them two decades to try a different formula.
Again, I appreciate then experimenting with new ideas. I like UB-01's design a lot more than the other two. I was hoping they'd all be really alien-looking rather than humanoid.
A pointless mechanic, but whatever.
None of them really stand out to me so far, other than Chicken. She's adorable.
Give post-game.
>>
Mimkyu
Muk
They are all waifubait
I don't fucking get them
I think it is just adding more stuff to pokemon, Z-Moves, Mega Evolve, Alolan Forms, Primal Forms etc...
They are all good, specially that cutiepie guy with blue hair and a fishing rod
Luchalitten fake
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.