[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it tell you a moves effectiveness? Game ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-10-14-16-50-03.png (274KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-14-16-50-03.png
274KB, 800x480px
Why does it tell you a moves effectiveness?
Game ruined
>>
Holy shit you're like, what, 5 months late on this gravy train?
>>
>>29127606
You need to use more hyperbole next time OP
>>
Having autism must be very rough
>>
>>29127621
I'm just bringing it up again cause its bullshit
>>
Saves me time to look at type charts every now and then.
>>
>>29127678
Also saves me the trouble of having to memorize a thousand fucking pokemon's types. Feature is cool and good.
>>
>>29127606
because new players have no idea what they are doing, and you don't get this untile you've battle the pokemon before, so if its a new one you'll be going in blind
>>
Why do you care if you can do it in your head anyway? It just saves like 2 seconds of thinking
>>
>>29127703
You learn from experience. Study the type chart, learn what you can, play the game, learn the rest.
Figuring out what kind of damage a move does is really simple, I want to call it maths but it's more like simple problem solving.

Steel/Flying type
I want to use Stone Edge
Super effective on Flying
NVE on Steel
So it does neutral damage

Water/Ground type
I want to use Giga Drain
SE on Water
SE on ground
x4 damage

Except it's way quicker than that once you know what's what, to the point it'll be a tiny calculation in your head
>>
>>29127741
>because new players have no idea what they are doing

Why is this a problem? You're supposed to learn the game as you play through it. That's how video games work.

If they remove the need to think about what you're doing, why even play the fucking game?

Also so what if you need to encounter it once? There is no trial and error involved. If it told you after you tried that type of move it would be different.
>>
>>29127606
What difference does it make? Like, really. How does this ruin the game?
>>
What if they're changing the type effectiveness chart a little and do this to help both new and old fans?

Just a dream
>>
>>29127606

>ruined

Anon, I think you mean that the gen is good.

Call me retarded if you must, but I legitimately confused some of grass's weaknesses with bug's and vice versa (specifically ice) a lot simply because it makes sense since you don't see any bugs when it's snowing out.

Bug is a big offender for having arbitrary type interactions.
>>
>>29127606
because gamefreak is retarded, the game is the easiest from all pokemon games ever, and they are all easy, but THIS game is like full retard udneraged children.
>>
File: 903784534.jpg (329KB, 1500x1334px) Image search: [Google]
903784534.jpg
329KB, 1500x1334px
Why does it tell you a moves effectiveness?
Game ruined
>>
>>29129746
underrated game

>>29127606
Also you're retarded because they only tell you strengths and weaknesses after encounters with certain Pokemon like pic related
>>
>>29129777
>Thinking any SMT game is underrated

It's motherfucking SMT. It's popular as fuck
nice trips tho
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.