[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy this if i like Dragon Quest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: REJkS.jpg (510KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REJkS.jpg
510KB, 1920x1080px
i never played Pokemon,but im kind of curious to know why people like it to much,i'm a big DQ fan for the matter,i own all the games and i love the monsters gammes,trough pokemon desings doesn't look that interesting.
>>
File: image.gif (56KB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
56KB, 270x263px
>>29126067
Don't buy Pokemon or take advice from /vp/'s bootlickers. GF disappoints every time.
>>
>>29126182
This.
>>
So it's a bad series? i should stick to DQ then?
>>
>>29126067
If you don't like the Pokémon designs, I don't think the games are for you. Most people play them for the Pokémon.The games themselves are pretty easy and don't have a story that's all that interesting (except arguably gen V).
>>
You will love Pokémon if you like Dragon Quest. But it's strange that you don't like Pokémon designs, since they are pretty much the golden standard for the genre.
>>
>>29126242
is this new DQ game good?

I enjoyed dragon quest 1 and 2, and enjoyed dragon warrior monsters 1 and 2. has the series changed a lot?
>>
>>29126397
It's not new
Also
>>>/v/
>>
Most adults who still buy Pokemon games are people that have grown up playing them. /vp/ seems to have a love-hate relationship with the series. You'll see a lot of nitpicking and shit flinging around here but deep down we really do love the series. As for a newcomer, I'm sure you'd enjoy them too. Quality of the games is generally top-notch, tons of content too, especially for someone just getting into the series. No one plays Pokemon for the story, but mostly for the battling, trading and collecting of different mons. The battle system might seem shallow at first but it's actually an incredibly deep and nuanced system. Campaign is so easy you might not realize this but if you ever get into competitive battling, there's a massive learning curve. I had fun learning though over the years and still learn every day. If you do get into the series, I recommend starting with a gen 5 game, such as Black/White or Black/White 2. Gen 5 is traditionally /vp/'s favorite gen and I had most fun with them. The gen 6 games like XY/ORAS are newer, look better and have online features, but they're also piss easy and unfortunately lack post-game content that other games have. Any of these are actually a good option to start, so up to you. Good luck OP.
>>
>>29126397
The series is similar to the original games,so i hasen't changed to much.
I recommend you the new DQ 50h+ of story and you can recruit monsters.

>>29126352
I'm not saying they're bad,but i like DQ's monsters better,they may have and uglier apparience but they're really varied,goofy and interesting.

There's monsters that are really well designed like this one:
>>
I would say if you enjoy DQM you'll like pokemon. I prefer DQM but it's not like you'll have to make any particular investment to try it out. Most of them can be emulated easily.
>>
>>29126618
>they're really varied,goofy and interesting.
Pokémon are more varied, goofy and interesting. I say that as a Dragon Quest fan. Plenty draque monsters are random, bland designs. Every single Pokémon has tons of lore behind it and very well-thought design. Each series has its own strengths, but Pokémon is all about variety and lore.
>>
>>29126755
They're all like animals to me.

DQ has a lot more diversity,even if some of them are bland.

>>29126704
The problem i have with pokemon is the monsters they don't seem that interesting to me desings,i loved the DQ monsters since i first meet the series,so i LOVE LOVE the monsters games.
I can try if i can get to the series for the gameplay
>>
>>29126565
Great post anon.
>>29126067
Use this advice OP
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.