[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 POKEMON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

>3 POKEMON
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK WHY
>>
Kill yourself politely mon capitaine and sink with your ship or I'll drown you myself.
>>
useless nigger
>>
>>29124764

That's how many Pokémon that she capture.
>>
None of the trainers will ever have over 3 pokemon now, because we don't have E4 or a Champion. How does it feel?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-14-10-16-07.png (607KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-14-10-16-07.png
607KB, 1440x2560px
the amount of mons (for the most part) shouldnt be a concern for gym leaders, it should be how good the mons actually are.
>>
Have you ever played a Pokemon game before?
>>
>>29124955
This. Whitney has two pokemon and was decently hard due to team composition.

However the rest of the thread is really overly defensive for some reason
>>
>>29124955
>ice team is literal shitmons with bad moves
>dragon team is decent but the most powerful Pokemon has a pants-on-head retarded set

>>29125026
The first Kahuna has a fucking Nosepass lead I don't have much hope.
>>
>>29124764
>wanting more only at only the 2nd kahuna
fuck off

The only sad thing is Guzma with only 2 pokemon for the first battle (and just after her)
>>
>>29124764
This is the new SEMEN DEMON
>>
>>29125139
And Whitney had a fucking Clefairy lead, whats your point?
>>
>>29124764
>3 Pokemon
>first one is unevolved and has low stats
Geez I wonder why
>>
>>29125175
THERE'S ONLY 4 OF THEM NIGGA

>ONLY
>>
>>29125139
>The first Kahuna
She's the second though, the first is Hala
>>
>>29125235
>implying clef is bad

>>29125254
That's even worse holy shit.
>>
>>29125265
Well, I mean of course they won't throw their ace first. (I still don't understand why people consider Ariados being Guzma's signature Pokemon)
>>
>>29124955
>that pic

is that supposed to be a good example? fuck off
>>
>>29124955
Starting with Gen V all the Gym Leaders use 3 Pokémon, like on the anime. XY suffered heavily by this because they wasted one slot, usually their first mon was either unevolved or a shitmon. See Korrina (Meditite), Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric (Shitmons like Jumpluff, Emolga, Mawile, Sigilyph, and Abomasnow)
>>
>equivalent of a 4th gym leader
>the only 4th gym leader who had more than 3 pokemon was Morty
>and he only had 3 DIFFERENT pokemon

Fuck off.
>>
>>29124955
>three pure ice types
>good
>three pure dragon types
>good
this is a joke, right?
>>
>>29125750
>equivalent of a 4th gym leader leads with a fucking nosepass
Defend it.
>>
>>29124955
>serebii
>posts shitty gym leaders
Classic unovabortion.
>>
>>29125815
Flannery leads with a Slugma. And she even has two of them.
>>
>>29125235
Not that I think the Kahunas will be a total pushover, but what the fuck is this Whitney argument?

I never played GSC, only HG/SS. Did they nerf her in the remakes? She was easy as hell.
>>
>>29125953
>Did they nerf her in the remakes?
yes, greatly
>>
>>29125890
In the superior version (Emerald) she only has 1. And it's actually fucking good with Light Screen/Overheat/Smog/Sunny Day.

There's nothing you can do to make Nosepass good. It's a sitting EXP brick.
>>
>>29125953
You got lucky in HG/SS,she was nerfed alot.
>>
File: 1471578275104.jpg (47KB, 470x392px) Image search: [Google]
1471578275104.jpg
47KB, 470x392px
If they really wanted to push gym leaders only having 3 mons, the least they could do is have it so you can only use three mons too. I'd rather they have at least 4-5 mons so battles could be lengthened out and feel semi important, but that idea is dead.
>>
>>29125953

A bunch of people complaining because their tiny adolescent minds couldn't figure out how to beat whitney in a game where the AI is literally too retarded to hard switch unless they have no available moves.
>>
The games are looking fun in terms of content. But difficulty wise, it's looking like the same padded bullshit XY were plagued with.
Sun may be my last Pokémon game. Oh well. Nice ride while it lasted.
>>
>>29126051
>>29126090
Not really, she has a Lum Berry and Scrappy now.

>>29125953
We're not talking the people who went and caught a Geodude or Machop specifically to beat her
>>
>>29125765
Not until you challenge a Dragon with 147 Atk, 97 Spe and can use FUCKING Dragon Dance. Honestly I must admit that was the hardest Gym Battle I ever had.

>>29125953
They give Scrappy to Miltank, making Gastly not very effective against it.
>>
>>29126051
Bullshit
>>
>>29125237
The japanese trailer show that she also has Lycanroc.
>>
>>29126186
Difficulty hacks that keep your game legit exist mate, and despite what some people are saying, some of them are really fairly balanced and not a grindfest
>>
>>29126198
>Not until you challenge a Dragon with 147 Atk, 97 Spe and can use FUCKING Dragon Dance
And then proceed to use a -6 priority dragon move.

>Honestly I must admit that was the hardest Gym Battle I ever had.
How to tell someones first Pokemon game was Gen 4+
>>
>>29125660
It was especially annoying since XY had the largest dex
>>
>>29124764
Wait, she's one of the Kahunas, isn't she?
Which means one of her 3 Pokemon is the Tapu of that island.
But none of the islands have rock as their type from what we've seen, as far as we know they're Electric, Ghost, Psychic, and Fire
But she claims all her Pokemon are rock type
Do the Tapu not match the types with thought? Or are they maybe not all part Fairy?
>>
>>29126357
I've also played Gen 3 and down, I just was telling that was one of the hardest battles in modern Pokémon. I know Drayden/Iris aren't that hard but compared to all Unova Leaders not named Lenora and Elesa, or all Kalos Leaders, it was hard.

One of my hardest battle in Gen 3- was against Wallace's Milotic.
>>
>expecting a hard pokemon game
>>
>>29126602
>Which means one of her 3 Pokemon is the Tapu of that island.
Just because Tapu Koko appeared next to Hala doesn't makes it his Pokemon
>>
>>29125750
>He didn't play BW2 challenge mode
>>
>>29126651
I swear we've seen him use it in a battle before, against the player even
>>
File: pokemon-sun-moon-tapu-koko.png (957KB, 1146x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-sun-moon-tapu-koko.png
957KB, 1146x600px
>>29126736
And I assure you that it's not the case, you saw pic related, which was shown at the reveal of Tapu Koko, but was revealed later to be from a cutscene of him defending the island against UB-02
>>
>>29126840
No I seem to recall some sort of festival or ritual that the player went to involving Tapu Koko, and that the battle against Hala as kahuna was involved
Too lazy to actually try and find it though
>>
File: Tapu koko.gif (979KB, 540x225px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu koko.gif
979KB, 540x225px
>>29126983
Oh ! I see what you're talking about ! I can't recall if it was during the battle against Hau or Hala, but the battle you're talking about was a sort of gift for Tapu Koko. He appears at the end of the battle(Hitting on purpose three Spearow in the process) because he saw your potential and liked it or something like that. But he was definitely wild iirc
>>
>>29126186
>But difficulty wise, it's looking like the same padded bullshit XY were plagued with.
So like every other game?
Well, good riddance anyway.
>>
File: Tapu koko 2.gif (1MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu koko 2.gif
1MB, 500x300px
>>29126983
>>29127163
Further proof, in this gif you can clearly see that you're not fighting against Hala
Even though that maybe doesn't mean shit since Litten is Lvl 60 and that this encounter looks obviously to be a post game one
>>
>>29124764
Reminder fodder Mon doesn't make the game harder but more tedious.
>>
>>29127331
Huh, the plot thickens
I have no idea any more how its gonna play out, maybe I'm wrong
>>
>>29126074
>In the superior version (Emerald)
Nigga emerald literally lowered the level of everything.
>>
I'm thinking it's likely we will have a rematch with the Kahunas where they will use their island deity. Either during the later part of the story or as postgame.
At some point the player will capture Tapu Koko and the others, and it would make sense you face it along with its old partner to prove yourself worthy.
>>
>>29124764
remember It's already been confirmed, gen 5 exp rate are back and level curve is somewhat steeper
>>
>>29127460
>seriously responding to someone who calls a shitmon with 120 less BST than Nosepass and using Smog good
>and calling a still shitmon but at least remotely decent Thunder Wave spamming fuck with 135/90 defenses EXP fodder
>>
I know this is a meme post but it doesn't make any sense. Number of Pokemon has never been an indicator of difficulty, at least not within gamr mechanics. In universe it can indicate strength but actually gameplay it doesn't. Is the six magikarp guy harder than whitney?
>>
>>29127607
>gen 5 exp rate
Could you elaborate please ?
>>
>>29127672
Are you saying you didn't lose to Fisherman John repeatedly?
>>
>>29127784
In Gen 5 Pokemon got different amounts of EXP based on the difference between its level and the defeated mon's level. It was a fantastic system that was scrapped for no reason.
>>
>>29127981
So it's good thing right ? I don't know why but it seems that some people found that this was a bad thing
>>
>>29128091
It makes it harder to be overleveled since you get less EXP for beating Pokemon lower level than you
So it could potentially mitigate some of the overleveling that occurs as a result of the EXP share, but it all depends on the level curve really

The only people I know who dislike Gen 5 EXP mechanics are autists who want to only use their starter through the whole game
>>
>>29128248
Oh ! I see, sounds good to me, thank you for your answers anon
>>
>>29124764
Last few Gens we've been having 2nd bosses with 2 pokemon.

Also it's Rock. You could give her 6 and she'd still be cake.

And reminder that the vest majority of Gym Leaders in every gen have 3 or less.
>>
>>29128248
Gen 5 mechanics are a bit of a pain if there is high-level postgame stuff.

And Gen 5 mechanics existed because of Audino.
>>
So she has a Nosepass, and a Lycanroc at level 27, and another in one. Was Minior Rock type? I'm guessing she has one or its evo.

Assuming Hala is the first Kahuna and Olivia is the second. With Trail Caps and Challenges before them. Let's assume Lycanroc isn't her strongest and her last one is at 30. That leaves 2 more Kahuna's. What would the final Kahunas level be? I'm guessing 45-50.

Which then makes me wonder where the UBs are going to fit in. Do you think it'll be between Kahuna's, or after? If it's between 3rd and 4th, then the last Kahuna could hit 55. And someone pointed out that there's a battle with the Tapus with Koko being at 60.

Calling it now, Tapu Battles are Post-Game or League Equivalent Battle for this region.
>>
>>29126665
You are retarded
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.