[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this shit returns >but not DexNav YES, I'M FUCKING PISSED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 200px-Pokémon-Amie_feeding.png (51KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Pokémon-Amie_feeding.png
51KB, 200x150px
>this shit returns
>but not DexNav
YES, I'M FUCKING PISSED
>>
>>29107757
Stay mad
>>
What do you have against Munchlax faggot?
>>
I told my mom to cancel my pre-order

I'm pretty pissed tbqh
>>
>>29107757
but dexnav was shit

it was literally breeding but worse
>>
>>29107814
>free egg moves and hidden abilities for breeding
>worse

What did he meme by this?
>>
>>29107814
It was nothing but a convenience
Especially for tracking down everything in an area
>>
>>29107804
>I told my mom to cancel my pre-order
Kek. Confirmed as Pokémon newfag
>>
>>29107814
>Breeding could never give you a hidden abilities if you didn't have one already.
>Implying it didn't give you a neat mechanic in getting certain pokemon you want during the before the Elite 4.
>Not wanting a kickstart in IV stats for your base breeding pokemon.
>>
File: 1476158309798.jpg (28KB, 386x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476158309798.jpg
28KB, 386x338px
>>29107757
>Complaining about the lack of one mechanic
>While SM features a fuck ton of fresh new ones
>>
>>29107757
Amie is a permanent feature now that there's a pokemon who evolves by it.

See: mossy and icy rocks.
>>
>>29107840
>he takes this weak ass bait

not even him but jesus you're easy.
>>
So - Snorlax z move only for a pre-order? I will not find it in game?
>>
>>29107757
Why even complain at this point? How long have you been playing pokemon?

They fucking add something and then remove it every single generation jump.
>>
>>29107883
feebas would like a splash with you
>>
>>29107947
It's available as an event until January
>>
>>29107835
>>29107839
>>29107868
But it makes the game too easy! Weren't you against easy game?
>>
>>29107868
This
>>
File: 1434492985363.gif (2MB, 320x179px) Image search: [Google]
1434492985363.gif
2MB, 320x179px
>>29107757
>DexNav gone
Where does it say this? And what are the odds of us just getting something better, anyways?

tfw Game Freak increases the odds of finding shiny pokemon even further, or makes chaining easy as shit
tfw they also make it easy to give non HA shinies their HA using a different Ability Capsule item
probably never ever but can still hope
>>
File: 1475695502636.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
1475695502636.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>29108007
>>
>>29108007
You need to work your ass off using Dexnav though if you want the neat search bonuses, so it's not like the current gen EXP Share.
>>
>>29107994
Ah, so I could buy pokemon sun or moon at retail and there will be an event until january? Because I don't even see the price for prr order in Czech e shop.
>>
>>29108007
Pokemon Amie makes the games easy too.
>>
>>29108056
Finding a Taillow a few times and getting a decently leveled mon with a 140 BP move at the start of the game isn't "work your ass off".

>>29108103
So you agree that both should be removed.
>>
>>29107757

why would you think dexnav was here to stay? Probably will get something better
>>
>>29108168
Why would anyone think Amie was here to stay?
Because Sylveon? They could easily give it an item.
>>
>>29107757
B-but anon, im hyped for that pokemon amie update.
>>
>>29107757
Munchlax is great, asshole.
>>
>>29108165
>Implying everyone will get it in a few times with a 1:11 odds to get that one move you want.
>For egg moves 0 search level has 21%, 5 has 46%, 10 has 58%.
>>
>>29108202
Specially since we'll have an Ice stone now which hopefully means a glaceon/leafeon tweak 3 gens in the making
>yfw it only evolves A-Vulpix
>>
>>29108288
Doesn't matter, it's still there and it can be done easily with a little patience. Game too easy with it not mentioning you're FORCED to use it too.
>>
>>29108202
Amie uses special models, gamefreak wouldn't spend all that time on modeling and animation only to throw it all out.
>>
>>29108407
I'm pretty sure they're the same models with different animations
>>
>>29108379
>Forced to use it
Wtf are you talking about? If it's just the tutorial you're referring to, that doesn't mean shit at all.
>>
File: mauville breeding path.jpg (368KB, 1739x320px) Image search: [Google]
mauville breeding path.jpg
368KB, 1739x320px
>>29107814
Nothing is worse than breeding. The reason so many people inject is because breeding sucks that bad. Dexnav is great for in-game playthroughs, you can't even reliably breed in ORAS until after the Delta Episode because they destroyed the old breeding route by putting four (4) route gates between Verdanturf and the route east of Mallville.

Also Dexnav does not destroy the level curve the same way other casualizations like the 350% experience boost you get from the Gen 6 Exp. Share, or the experience boost/evasion boost/crit boost/permanent Shed Skin/permanent Focus Band you get from Amie.
>>
>>29108421
Nope, Amie and battle models are different.
>>
I will forever be pissed, when I die I will be pissed and on my death bed, it will be asked why I was so pissed and the answer will be "Because they put Pokemon Amie in Sun and Moon but dropped Dex Nav"
>>
>>29108030
>Where does it say this?

GameXplain got to play the game for two hours, they confirmed sneaking up on Pokémon is not a thing in SM. If they have a Dexnav equivalent it uses different mechanics to get Pokémon and you don't see it until after two hours.

Meanwhile the Gen 6 Exp. Share is confirmed to be in.
>>
>>29108426
>that doesn't mean shit at all.
Except it does. They force you to use it, implying that they want you to use it through the whole game at its maximum potential, just as they force you to keep the Exp.Share on.
>>
>>29107757
So where was it confirmed DexNav wouldn't return?
>>
>>29107757
Looks like you're an idiot. I'm so sorry, OP.
>>
>>29108545
see >>29108516
>>
>>29108537
What's stopping you from not using it then? What's stopping you from not grinding exp to all of your Pokemon and overlevel them before gyms, rivals, or elite four?
>>
>>29108537
The Gen 6 Exp. Share has to be manually turned off, and unless you turn it off it will give its full effect your entire playthrough whether you want it to or not (because some of us didn't realize how badly it ruins the XY level curve until it's too late).

You have to choose to use Dexnav at any time. At your normal walk speed, as well as your run and bike speeds, you will never get close enough to sneak up on a Pokémon. You have to choose to stop your movement through the route, find the shaking grass patch, and intentionally creep to the patch, and then choose to catch and use the resultant Pokémon, for Dexnav to impact your team.
>>
>>29108583
What's stopping me from using lv100 traded mons at the start, either? They disobey but they're still immortal tanks that can still attack.
>>
>>29108664
Then what's stopping you from giving one pokemon that has toxic or will-o-wisp have them use it and then switching to said 100 level pokemon to stall and wait till the opponent's pokemon faints?
>>
>>29108653
Oh god, it's you again
>>
File: 1404782274200.jpg (11KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1404782274200.jpg
11KB, 219x219px
>>29108716
It's me? Who am I?
>>
>>29108653
Having to turn it off manually still doesn't mean that they don't force you to use it.
I mean, you'd guess that after 2 games people that care about it would have learned to do it, but apparently that's not the case as we can see with today's threads.

>>29108711
Nothing, i guess. But as you can see it's clear that if you're given something you're forced to use it.
You have a full team before Celadon and you get the Eevee from the fat guy? Too fucking bad for one of your team members, you have to use Eevee now.

You used the 5 Pokeballs that the game gave you and have a full team, but want more? Too bad for you i guess, you're forced to use those 5 Pokemon you caught with those 5 Pokemon, otherwise you would have to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to get more Pokeballs.

Want to keep that Masterball for a possible shiny/runner? The fuck you doin'? You HAVE to use it for the box legendary.

That's just how it works.
>>
Can someone link me the source of all this?
>>
>>29108818
You won't win any arguments by punching straw, anon.
>>
>>29108818
>I mean, you'd guess that after 2 games people that care about it would have learned to do it, but apparently that's not the case as we can see with today's threads.
what about the first time they introduced it? is it justified that people didn't realize until it was too late?
>>
>>29107876
such as ?
>>
I used dexnav a few times to get what I wanted. honestly not gonna miss it though, don't know what the big deal is just catch things wild. only thing it was good for was farming for items like metal coat or lucky egg.
>>
>>29108818
>Gift Pokemon
Just box them if you don't want them. And since when did you need to see them?
>Pokeballs
Why is buying more Pokeballs a fucking issue to you?
>Masterball
Since when is it ever stated that the ball should only be used for the box legendary?

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>29107757
Wasn't Dexnav a postgame thing for easy shinies?
>>
>>29108849
No, and in fact i'm not defending XY's Exp.Share.
A new thing is of course new and thus it means that how it works couldn't have been predicted. But we have 2 games with it under our belt now.

>>29108940
>Just box them if you don't want them
The game gave them to me. It means i'm forced to use it. To box them i would have to go out of my way.
>Why is buying more Pokeballs a fucking issue to you?
Because the game forces me to use those 5/10 to catch my team. I would have to go out of my way to buy more unless i find them on the ground.
>Since when is it ever stated that the ball should only be used for the box legendary?
Because it's the easiest way to end the battle and talk about it online.

>>29108846
Me making idiotic arguments is still less retarded than people saying that Exp.Share is forced and that going into a menu is "going out of your way".
>>
the real problem with the exp share is that the average normie won't turn it off and then will complain about how their pokemon were all level 70 by the pokemon league

either ban the exp share until post-game or ban normies from playing pokemon
>>
>>29107757
>sort of have it in 5.5
>it's good
>take it away in XY
>fuckin sucks
>bring it back better than ever in ORAS
>it's great, really useful and cool
>drop it again in SM
>???

fuckein game freak
>>
>>29108994
It's not that going into the items menu and turning off the Exp. Share is a great deal of effort. The issue is that you don't KNOW how important it is to turn off the Exp. Share unless someone else tells you or you have a playthrough ruined by it. /vp/ should know by now to turn it off because a lot of us got our playthroughs ruined by it, but >>29109033 said it well, there are a lot of people who don't know this yet and it's going to negatively impact their playthroughs, unless they're paying so little attention to the game that they don't notice they're overlevelled, but people like that don't have the highest standards in the first place.
>>
>>29109033
Why would the average normie give a shit about the level of his Pokemon?
The only thing he would give a shit about levels is if his starter isn't 20 levels above the rest of the team.
>>
>>29109036
Yeah, it's BS. Amie has it's uses (nothing like having Study applied to EVERY POKEMON just because you loved on them awhile) but the Dexnav was infinitively more useful. I'm sad it's not coming back.
>>
>>29109146
Infinitely, rather. Stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>29109085
Ok but what about the non "lot of people", such as the average /v/ or /vp/ user?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.