[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since when did /vp/ love the DexNav so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: dexnavinterface.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dexnavinterface.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
I almost never saw it brought up, even in threads where people were defending ORAS. Why is everyone suddenly losing their shit over it being (very predictably) gone from Sun/Moon?

Its main useful feature was giving access to Hidden Abilities, but since their introduction every game had ways of getting that, there's no reason to believe that's gone,
Other than that, it had a nice interface but even if a DexNav-like feature returned that part would have been completely overhauled.
>>
>>29107081
Most posts I saw that hated ORAS mentioned that the only good thing was DexNav.
>>
>>29107081
Dexnav was both useful and fun and also made the overworld feel alive with random pokes pop up here and there.
>>
>>29107081
are you retarded? the dex'nav was one of the only redeemable parts of oras. it made breeding and HA access 10x easier.
>>
>>29107081
Dex nav was for pussies and only those who were bullied used it
>>
File: 1475788331144.gif (353KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475788331144.gif
353KB, 500x375px
Faggot autists will literally complain about anything, especially shit that no one else cares about.

The did it with walking pokemon being gone after HGSS, they did it with the Battle Frontier not being in ORAS, they'll do it again for every new game.

It's best to just ignore them.
>>
Why would anyone give it hate? It made breeding for HAs and egg moves a dream. only pussies don't use the dex'nav and use the "au natural" in game pokemon like a faggot
>>
>>29107223
Plus you can scan and look for Pokemon holding items like the Lucky Egg.
>>
>>29107206
How do you know that no one cared about Battle Frontier, Walking Pokemon or Dexnav?
>>
It's the new /vp/ meme of the week
>>
>>29107223
It's not that people give it hate, It was a good feature, it's just that I didn't see anyone rallying about how great it was until a few hours ago when it was confirmed gone from S/M.

And one would need to be completely clueless to think it wouldn't be gone.
>>
>>29107081
Literally the best new thing added in oras
>>
>>29107337
Color me clueless then since I thought it would be back. I'm guessing it's gone because that was ORAS's gimmick?
>>
>>29107396
Pretty much. A great deal of its charm and visual identity was the Gen 3 graphic interface, it's an upgrade of a Gen 3 item/feature, it's functions, while very pratical, serve the same roles as several features from other regions. It's the kind of thing almost cut-tailored to be one off. Most of what it did will probably be reworked into new features that play differently but fulfill the same goals.
>>
>>29107081
Well I don't know what kind of threads you've been frequenting but I've seen people defend it, both people who hate ORAS and love it.
>>
>>29107206
>autist
>wanting interesting features to remain untouched
Gee, really makes you think which ones are the autists.
>>
>>29107081
We still don't know if the other features of the DexNav are in with another name. Why is everyone overreacting? Yes, sneaking up on Pokemon is gone, does that mean that everything related to it is gone too? c'mon, at least wait for confirmation
>>
>I almost never saw it brought up, even in threads where people were defending ORAS.

When's the last time you visited an optometrist?
>>
As long as I can catch the HAs of gen VII Pokémon to satisfy my HAutism, I'm fine.
>>
>>29107081

BECAUSE THEY REMOVE IT

seriously who gives a shit. This is the same board that hoped Megas would be removed. /vp/ is fucking retarded
>>
>>29108027
>Who gives a shit
A lot of people clearly.
>>
I had so much fun using it to get a hydro pump surskit, along with other mons.

That said, I don't really mind if it's gone. After my first playthrough it kinda became annoying walking around with mons popping out randomly
>>
As big a letdown as ORAS was, I did think dexnav and soaring were a step in the right direction.
>>
>>29107337
So you weren't around for the ORAS launch? Because it and soaring were everyones favorite part of the game.
>>
>>29107081
We hate ORAS as a whole but dexnav was a good feature and was always considered such by anyone who isn't a bike simulator loving autista
>>
>>29107081
Reminds me of how people suddenly started to like wally when his oras design was unveiled.
>>
Can someone link me the source?
>>
I just wish post-national dex Pokemon weren't locked away behind only DexNav; I love going into the grass to randomly encounter new Pokemon added to the route after the main game. Locking it behind the Nav is a bit bland.
>>
>>29107081
Since they heard it won't be coming back.
>>
>>29107081
OrAs was not even that good and neither was dexnav. just overcomplicates things.
>>
>>29109030
retard
>>
>>29108913
This thread >>29104489
>>
>>29109056
ok thanks for your input
>>
>>29108640
As a bike simulator loving autista I want to say that I loved dexnav and am sad to see it go.
>>
The dexnav was a godsend for completing the national dex.

I loved knowing when I had caught every Pokémon in an area without having to refer to a wiki.

It was great for finding lucky eggs and other things too like hidden abilities.

Honestly the only thing I will miss. However, I never cared for the Pokémon cries when I'm just walking around or hatching eggs.
>>
I never cared about the dexnav and it's just another tedious overhyped piece of shit that's especially worthless if you already have every pokemon.
>>
Ever since it became by far the best and fastest way to find HA pokemon.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.