[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Pokémon ROM Hacks & Fan Games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png (31KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_ROM_Hacks.png
31KB, 512x256px
I never played ANY Pokémon ROM hack or fan game, also googled for suggestions but found only shit tops. So I wanted to ask you: which hack should I play in your opinion? Should I start with Ruby Destiny? Or Insurgence? Tell me your favourites pls.
>>
>>29105994
All shit
>>
Pokemon Vega is the hardest romhack and the least edgy fan mon. It's in English now too.
>>
>>29106106
This.
Other promising fangames are Pokémon Solar Light and Lunar Dark and Pokémon Garnet, but both are still in development.
>>
File: Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers.png (631KB, 2152x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers.png
631KB, 2152x2232px
>>29105994
>Ruby Destiny?

The Ruby Destiny trilogy is trash. The third game (Life of Guardians) is slightly less trash than the other two but they're all trash, and the middle one is the worst (pic related)

>Insurgeance
Insurgreance is edgy as hell, I haven't played it but I've seen screencaps, I'm not sure if I'd want to ever play it.

I'd recommend just sticking to "vanilla+" hacks that improve base games. Red++, Polished Crystal, any hack made by Drayano60, etc.

If you're looking for hacks that specifically have custom regions and plots and shit, Vega and Gaia are good choices, though Gaia is a beta with only six badges.

http://pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
This is an old pastebin for the hack general we used to have. It's outdated, and you won't find newer hacks like Gaia or Red++ on there, but it has a lot of good ones regardless.
>>
borwn

and prism, whenever it releases
>>
>>29106106
>hardest
Fire red omega/crystal kaizo is much harder
>>
>>29105994
I love it when I'm reminded that Pokemon Quartz exists
>>
>>29105994
Insurgence is fun, just make sure you ignore the story. it starts out alright, if edgy, but once you get past the third gym it gets as bad as Z/O's writing.
the actual gameplay is fun though.

But I'd suggest starting with a difficulty hack to get your feet wet. Try Blaze Black/Volt White and Blaze Black 2 /Volt White 2
>>
>>29105994
Depends of what you're looking for, OP

>difficulty
>story/world building
>mechanics and gimmicks

pick one
>>
Pokemon Insurgence, just click through the edgy opening and turn off custom and shadow mons
>>
>>29113815
I disagree with that last part. One of the best parts about Insurgence are the Delta Pokemon.
Some of the designs can be questionable, but its basically Alolan Pokemon but across all generations instead of just the first.
>>
Does anyone know of a HGSS rom with all 721 Pokémon and fairy type?
>>
>>29113944
Nobody has succeeded at expanding the Dex size for Gen 4 or beyond. Mind Crystal adds the Fairy-type, though.
>>
>>29113944
Sun Gold and Moon Silver add Fairy typing and some new moves, but no gen 5+ Pokemon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.