[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else dropping Jangmo-o from their team after seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 9

File: jararang.png (629KB, 918x429px) Image search: [Google]
jararang.png
629KB, 918x429px
Since he just became deviant art level shit of a tier design?

I am, fuck!
Jangmo-o was such a cute and godly design.
They couldv'e done sooo much more with his evos.
This is literally the type of shit you see on deviant art.
Where they take one notable design of a real Pokemon, ad proceed to duplicate it numerous times and make it bigger.
WTF?

3rd biggest disappointment in Alola by far
>>
>Is anyone else dropping Jangmo-o from their team after seeing its evos?

No, only (You)
>>
Best mon this gen

Go whine in the other two threads about how much people hate it instead of wasting a spot in the catalog
>>
>>29096218
what's is the first and the second disappointment?
>>
>>29096218
It actualy FOUND the place in my team.
>>
Nope, he still has a place on my team and i'm sticking with the name 'The World'
>>
>>29096250
1st is everything about Popplio's entire evo line
2nd is Jangmo-o's evo's typing
3rd, are its designs
>>
>>29096218
>Evolves from Dio into a Pillar man
>>
>>29096218
>muh grey color
>muh bulletproof
>muh scales as armor
>muh JANGLING in is name
>DRAGON/STEEL CONFIRMED

i'm so fucking glad steelfags were btfo with its typing. i tried to tell them it would be fighting but they wouldn't listen and called me a retard. and now here we are.
>>
>>29096218
I'm actually thinking if I should put it on the team or not.
>>
>>29096218
Its design doesn't appeal to me that much, but I still like the type combination. Would have preferred for a Dragon/Steel for this design, though.
>>
>>29096344
Same, ever since I read the description, I said "This will become Dragon/Fighting, calling it" and it happened ! I was saying don't leat appearance fool you, did no one learned anything from Goomy ?

>it's a snail
>it lives in humid places
>it has Hydration
>DRAGON/WATER CONFIRMED GUYS XD
>>
>>29096218
It's kind of weird how it goes from quadraped to biped to hunched over biped. Other than that though, it's all right.
>>
>>29096218

I wasn't particularly impressed with Jangmo-o before (it was just a typical cutesy lizard, whatever), but its evolutions are fan-fucking-tastic. Definitely training this sucker, I just hope we can catch one early.
>>
File: chu.png (118KB, 526x326px) Image search: [Google]
chu.png
118KB, 526x326px
>>29096344
Just cause your guess (same as thousands of others) came true, doesn't make you any less retarded anon :)
>>
one of the best behind type null and rockruff evos and ninetales
>>
>>29096278
Same here. You still are an autistic fuck
>>
>>29096400
spot the steelbabby :)
>>
>>29096218
I'm not sure if I'll use it now to be honest. I'll wait untill the next trailer shows his evos' models (it's coming out tomorrow, right?)
>>
>>29096218
I agree that they could've done more with it and is a typical fan-art evolution line (gets bigger, multiplication of one detail).
That being said, I think the final evolution looks good, and I definitely do not hate it. Besides, look at Torracat's art. It's awful, yet in game it looks fine (wether you like the design or not). I think it's the case with most of the SM Pokémon, and the Jangmo-o line is probably no exception.
And if not, well, I never planned to use it in the first place.
>>
>>29096218
Dude I am so training Jangmo-o, its evos look fucking beast
>>
it does look pretty fuckin ugly
>>
>>29096418
Thanks familia, I can feel the love

I just hope Jangmo-o has a split evo which turns into a Dragon/Steel beast. With a badass design like Shiruvadi
>>
>>29096218
>Where they take one notable design of a real Pokemon, ad proceed to duplicate it numerous times and make it bigger.
But deviantart only does that.

GF did that and at the same time integrated the theme of ancient warrior monk on it.
>>
>>29096384
Goodra is a poor example since it makes more sense to have NOT expected it to be just a pure Dragon.
>>
>>29096218
They just fucked Jangmo-o shit up. Waiting for in-game model and animations, though.
>>
>>29096483
>ancient warrior monk
What
>>
>>29096546
It's tail is a Monk's mace-Staff.
>>
>>29096278
popplio line is just divine
>>
>>29096218
Honestly I think it's just the colors, maybe the shiny will look really good
>>
>>29096472
Stop the split evolution meme
>>
>>29096218
Yes, I am.
>>29096242
Kek
>>29096243
Not even close.
>>29096268
Ew
>>29096270
Yeah, no.
>>29096278
The typing isn't bad, but the design is Shit. Pooplio I agree with though, it's Shit.
>>29096396
You should see a doctor about these delusions anon. Those designs are ugly af.
>>
>>29096218
It still looks a lot better than all the gen 6 Pokémon
>>
>>29096218
Im glad it looks like shit and is fairy bait that will go to RU, serves the jojobronies right for mucking up this board
>>
>>29096218
Gen 7 design wise has been really disappointing
>>
>>29097218
This desu
Feature/potentially story wise I'm excited but the designs are doing nothing for me
>>
>>29097218
I like it. It at least feels like effort was put in unlike the majority of gen 6 mons
>>
Honestly after seeing this I think I'm adding it to my team.

Litten3/Helltigre
Lurantis
Vikavolt
Jararango
Wimpod if it gets a good evolution, or maybe Pyukumuku/Bruxish- at least a water type.
And one more spot depending on which Pokemon is good.
>>
>>29097284
Same. He looks pretty good for a Pokémon in my eyes plus I love the scales that are put on. I'm still split on poplio or rowlet though
>>
>>29096218
>not liking aztec dragon
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
W
A
K
E
N

M
Y

M
A
S
T
E
R
S
>>
I am also, really dissapointed

>>29096270
nice false flag
>>
>>29097332
>implying those are aztec
>>
>>29096218
And I now like it.
>>
>>29097356
Only anti-jojofag would accuse of falseflag
>>
>>29097332
I fell in love with their theme thanks to if the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device.

I don't do nicknames, but when I catch this guy he'll be the fabulous dragon
>My GLORIOUS trainer, my oiled scales quiver at the sound of your battle commands~
>>
>>29096218
Man, I'm on the same boat. After seeing its final evolution, I'm thinking of switching it with Drampa. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought it was a poorly drawn fakemon. The final evolution's design is hideous, imo-- it's the scales that fuck its appearance. Biggest disappointment in Arora thus far. Hope its 3D model's much, much better.

Also, you guys need to stop being immature calling everythin x-fag. It's getting old.
>>
>>29096218
Yes I feel same way, can't understand how so many can like it. The evos look like shit. Worst dragon ever
>>
>>29096218
Me, looks like bad fakemon.
Jangmo-o has good desing but final evolution is pure shit
>>
>hating a design before the in-game model is shown off

Stop sucking cocks, OP.
>>
>>29096887
You are trying very hard, so here's a (You).
>>
>>29097265
yet gen 6 mons all felt much more natural than these
>>
Deviant art looking or not, still beats "I have edgy red tipped blades on my face" Haxorus.

I'd be curious to see its stat spread and ability before completely writing it off.
>>
>>29097496
It's almost like people have tastes different than yours.
>>
>>29097533
>defending aroamatise which is the worst mon since lumineon.
>defending chespins evo line
>defending A FUCKING COTTON CANDY
>defending 69 Pokémon that weren't even that great except for 4
>>
I want it on my team even more now!!!
>>
File: pokemon jojo 9.png (126KB, 422x336px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon jojo 9.png
126KB, 422x336px
>>29097168
>jojobronies

How the fuck is that even related in the slightest? Sperg detected.
>>
>>29096384
How fucking stupid are you you followed the exact same logic that would lead someone to conclude Goodra would be dragon/water.
>>
>>29096218
NEVER get attached to a pokemon before having seen its evo tard
Grubbin should've taught you that

Anyway I expected them to ruin Jangmo-o with the evos the moment I saw him
Actually, it isnt even as bad as what I expected

Now my last remaining fear is Wimpod, but deep down I know they'll ruin it like they ruined Grubbin
>>
>>29097596
Ebin
>>
It's fucking trash
First gen 7 mon I don't like
>>
>>290962
Shut up
>>
>>29097496
>Worst dragon ever

That would be Drampa
As bad as that evo is, at least it isnt based on an old man
>>
>>29096393
Indeed
>>
>>29096218
Good to know they didn't went with the mlp pandering with this one.
>>
>>29097678
You are right. Then second worst dragon
>>
>>29096243
Shut up
>>
Nah homeboi has a spot on my team, naming it whamuu after best pillarman
>>
>>29097570
>cherrypicking
I'm talking about the gen as a whole not the 3 specific pokemon you don't like. A good indicator for a bad generation design wise are the amount of pokemon based on human-made objects or customs, and gen 7 looks to be as bad as gen 5.
>>
File: pokemon jojo 1.jpg (139KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon jojo 1.jpg
139KB, 500x710px
>>29097649
>>
>only jojofags like this trash

Everything checks out
>>
>>29097880
Funny, normally it goes like
>this generation sucks!
>Only mentions 3-5 evolution lines

and
>gen 7 looks to be as bad as Gen 5
>You're literally implying a positive here, which is factual anyways.
>>
GF should've capitalized on the heart gimmick. Two hearts on each shoulder and claw, 2 hearts on each knee.
>>
>>29096218
Waiting for the model.
>>
better than a fuking dialga2 faggot
>>
>>29096218
i agree with you, thought if the mid evo was the final form i would have been satisfied
>>
>>29096218
Completely agree with all that you said. Shitty deviant art tier eyesore that takes the theme of the preevo and exagerate it akwardly.
>but muh warrior theme
>but muh monk staff and armor
Having a cool theme doesn't mean its a good pokemon if it is executed like shit. Jangmo-o had a lot of potential but they royally fucked up
>>
>>29096218
is the 10th two staged incomplete line
0/10 would not train
>>
Unlike the shit starters, this pokemons design themes are carried through each stage brilliantly. I love it.
>>
>>29096218
>3rd biggest disappointment in Alola by far
Aren't you the same faggot who's dropping Jangmo-o because of its typing?

>>29096278
Yup. The same faggot.

Seriously faggot, you're gonna drop it from your team anyway, so why bother making another thread? What, do you need your opinion validated that much?

Before anyone says anything, I do think the evo could at least tone down on the scales. Like, HOLY FUCK man, why?
>>
>>29097494
Also this, i don't like it because I think its a shitty design, not because Jojo or whatever, I don't even read/Watch Jojo ffs I just loved lil nigga Jangmo-o
>>
So is this not the pseudo of Gen 7 then? Either way, it looks friggin awesome. Hope I can raise one on my nuzlocke team successfully!
>>
>>29096218
Yep, I expected much more from it.
>>
i'm glad they didnt take the heart scale and make him into some ultracute thing
>>
>>29098905
>>29098928
Great tastes anon.
I don't have much of a problem with the theme it went for, but how it was executed. Very very poorly.

>>29098968
But, why are you so obsessed with me?

>>29099168
Idt anyone expected that anon
>>
File: samurai-armor-111__28.jpg (276KB, 1568x1176px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-armor-111__28.jpg
276KB, 1568x1176px
>>29098968
its supposed to resemble the scale-like armor on a samurai
>>
Huge disappointment. Especially that plate armor was wasted on this design instead of a DRG/STL

First stage is alright in regards to the plate arms, but the plate on the head is comparatively less interesting than Jangmo-o's.

In the final, the plates should have grown and merged somewhat because having rows of 5 circular plates everywhere on the body is just too much noise for the design (that aspect really is representative of the indulgent deviantart fakemon community)
>>
>>29096218
Just woke up. It looks MUCH better than what I was expecting. This thing's on my team now
>>
>>29099269
>But, why are you so obsessed with me?
Because, faggot, I just like arguing against people.

No, seriously, I do like some good argument. If I have to be a contrarian for that, then so be it.

But I do stand by my opinion that Jangmo-o's evo is poorly designed.
>>
>>29096218
Yep. I'm adding Silvadi to my team now.
>>
>>29096218
i dropped it when i found out it wasn't dragon/steel

i see i made the right choice
>>
I hate passing judgment on a Pokémon's design before seeing it in-game and in motion, but boy is this one disappointing! Wish they didn't go overboard with its scales that it looks overdesigned. I can understand why many like it since many fans love edgy designs.

Hoping it has great stats and a diverse movepool. Can't wait for the official Pokémon trailer for it, if there'll be any.
>>
>>29096218
>Not loving those hi jump kicks
>>
File: Woolie.png (258KB, 500x304px) Image search: [Google]
Woolie.png
258KB, 500x304px
>not wanting to have someone to yell at on your team for continuously fucking up
>not naming it after the trainwreck master

I knew /vp/ was bad, but why can't you use it anyway and blame it for your own bad skill?
>>
File: 1376265105455.png (39KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1376265105455.png
39KB, 265x265px
>>29096218
>Literally fucking me

Well, I am officially fucked.
Jangmo was the only new mon that I felt any excitement towards, the rest were sad disappointments or just indifferent to me.
I have never been so fucked for a new generation of Pokemon.
Designs are fucking shit.

They took an amazing babymon design, added WAY TOO MANY fucking scales and ruined it. It's face looks like fucking shit and awkward body design.

Just fucking kill me now I'm done. I lost hope of finding at least ONE NEW pokebro this gen.
>>
>>29096218
If it's over 120 speed
> hone claws
>Dragon rush
>hi jump kick
>iron tail
>>
>>29096218
there is no pleasing some people is there.
>>
>>29099329
Ok, that makes sense
But the thing that pisses me off the most is that Jangmo-o was such a great design in it of itself. It had such great potential and they literally shitted on it with its evos.

But we both agree on that part, I guess.
So cool

>>29099342
I'm pondering on that thought now as well anon. With it being the only good thing to come out of this month's Corocoro.
Now THAT (silvadi) is how you design an evolution.
>>
Their typing looks like ground/fighting lol
>>
>>29099281
I know that much; hell, with that tail resembling a khakkhara, I'd definitely name mine Tenkai or Akechi.

Just the way the armor's drawn makes it very, VERY hard to look at.

But I guess that's the problem with the official art. Here's hoping its in-game model is acceptable.
>>
>scales are the main theme of the base form
>why are there scales on the other forms!?
jesus christ, this place becomes worse each day
>>
File: 1475546691645.jpg (255KB, 1500x1665px) Image search: [Google]
1475546691645.jpg
255KB, 1500x1665px
>>29099408
Well if you're really me, Robinhoot is our only last hope anon. Literally the sole savior of the entire Alola region
At least, they didn't fuck up an amazing first-stage and only kept going up from its original design.
>>
>>29096218
other way around fof me. he is added to my team. love both evo designs
>>
>>29097494
>Drampa
Garbage taste
>>
>>29099501
>This
THat's the thing anon, aside from Robinroot/Rowlet line (which is a starter mon) I don know WHAT to catch and train cause the rest are either shit or "meh" at best.

JANGMO YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE YOU FUCKING CUNT
>>
I feel like simpler would have been better with this evo. It's incredibly disappointing, but in the end I can accept it.
>>
>>29096218
Already decided to use it based on its typing and being 3 stage. I will reluctantly use it despite the design
>>
The middle stage is cool and not loving the final evolved form, but I'm still gonna use it.
>>
>>29096218
>it grows scale/chainmail
>and gets a cool flanged mace tail
If anything, it has secured a place in my team, because I was unsure about how it would turn out.
>>
>>29099588
>excluding the basic because is not fighting
2 stage.
>>
>>29096218
I'm giving it a chance still, but I'm definitely disappointed in how it turned out considering Jangmo-o's design was top-tier.

Fighting/Dragon is awesome, though. Would have preferred Steel/Dragon, but I'm 100% okay with this.
>>
The middle stage looks great.

Final stage is awful.

If he has good defense as the plate armor would imply, I think he would be a great Eviolite user. Plus you get to choose between two useful abilities.
>>
File: 250px-464Rhyperior.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-464Rhyperior.png
53KB, 250x250px
Yup, as soon as the partial leak came out saying it was fighting type, i knew it would be retarded looking.

Just as disappointing as this faggot (pic related)
>>
I was never a fan of Jangmo-o and I wasn't expecting anything great from it, but this final evo pleasantly suprised me to the point that I'm probably gonna use it. Doesn't really look like its evo but whatever, I like it
>>
I, unfortunatly, agree
>>
>>29096472
I hate these designs as well, but you're pretty delusional if you think that's happening.
>>
>>29096218
He didn't have a spot on my team anyway, as I wanted to see how he would change, but now he certainly does.

Like most other pokémon this gen I think people are going to like it a lot more when they see the model and how he looks within the context of the game.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.