[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you feel if gen 8 didn't introduce any new Pokemon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: warglflargl.jpg (359KB, 1690x1382px) Image search: [Google]
warglflargl.jpg
359KB, 1690x1382px
How would you feel if gen 8 didn't introduce any new Pokemon, but was instead an entire generation of regional variants taken from all other Gens at random
>>
>>29087013
I define gens by starters so it wouldn't be a new gen desu
>>
>>29087013
That would be disappointing.

>>29087043
And this is a valid point. Would it even be a new generation? New generations have always been defined by a new region and Pokémon, they've always gone together. If it's a new region with no new Pokémon, what is that?
>>
I'd be completely ok with that, gameplay wise alola forms are the same as new pokemon.
>>
>>29087043
>>29087114
I always thought compatibility with previous games was what defined a generation but I guess it's up for personal interpretation.
>>
>>29087114
>>29087043
Okay redo. It would have new starters, new legemdaries, but the rest of the dex is full of regional variants
>>
Unless this implies a remake or a GF compatible spinoff (like Collesseum), I am not happy
>>
More importantly: do starters and legendaries have variations?
If that's the case, I probably wouldn't mind.
>>
Do you guys think every gen should have regional variants now, or will/should the concept be dropped after SM?
>>
>>29087280

I think it's a clever idea. It's a good way to revitalize older Pokémon without going so far as to give them evolutions or Megas, and it recognizes the history of the series while still moving forward. I wouldn't mind seeing it become a standard element of future games, though of course not at the expense of new Pokémon.
>>
>>29087013

I will never buy Pokémon games again.

without new Pokémon. Pokémon series is over and done forever.
>>
>>29087280
I think it's exactly what Mega Evolution tried to do, but with much better execution. I think it's fine to keep around.

But what really gets me excited about the concept is the idea of the inevitable next remakes including regional variants of later-gen Pokemon. I'd love to see something like Kanto Haxorus or Sinnoh Golurk.
>>
>>29087280
It should be standard.

Also because it revives cross gen evos
>>
>>29087013
Alolan types are way better than new pokemon.

Species deviation is far more interesting. Considering every area already has 'a bird' and a 'rat' or a 'squirrel' - similarly common things, I feel like they may as well run with it and show the deep deviation between common animals. Millions of different salamanders and birds and small mammals etc etc and it actually makes sense
>>
>>29087162
This was the core of the half gen/not gen 7 argument for a select number of retards during the early days of SM announcements.

Currently: New Protags with new starters, a new prof, in a new region, with new pokemon, and at least one new battle mechanic makes a new gen.

Bank kind of breaks compatibility since you will always be able to move things forward and some back (minus the new ones).
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.