[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's no 3D mode for sun and moon bravo gamefreak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
>there's no 3D mode for sun and moon
bravo gamefreak
>>
This is good though
>>
>>29084396
yeah they finally did something right.
>>
>Using 3D
>Ever
>>
Does anyone even use 3D anymore? Not just for Pokemon either.
>>
>>29084396
>>29084417
>>29084419
>>29084424
Agreed
>>
The 3d stuff hurts my eyes and I haven't used it since like the first 3 days of buying my 3ds. It's cool on AR mode though.
>>
>>29084352
Why would you even want it? It just fucks with the framerate.

If you want it so bad, its still an option in the Pokemon Snap-like photography feature.
>>
>>29084352
I never use the 3D when I play, so I couldn't care less about its exclusion. Seeing as the console is called the 3DS, and was advertised heavily on the 3D gimmick, I can't fault anyone who's upset about games not using it. It would be like if the PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio come out advertising 4K gaming, but 4K games stop coming out a year after release.
>>
So much for new engine, the frame rate is probably shit even In 2d now. Rather than improve performance, they just said fuck it remove the 3d.
>>
File: leavanny.png (253KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
leavanny.png
253KB, 946x946px
But I actually always have my 3D slider on :<
>>
>>29084493
The 3DS's screen looks a lot more crisp when 3D is turned on (compare 2D to 3D even on min setting at you'll see what I mean).

A shame they aren't taking advantage of the N3DS.
>>
>>29084352
Because it's unneeded use of resources. You can turn it off completely in MHX and the game performs a bit better.
>>
The 3ds was a mistake
>>
I can't believe it has even less 3D than gen 6. Game Freak really doesn't know how to program.
>>
>>29086576
It has nothing to do with programming. It has to do with their decision to futureproof these models, which means that the 3DS is barely able to render them.
>>
>>29086611
That's a convenient excuse for battles, maybe, but not overworld. Also, it's possible to make lower-poly versions of high-poly models to suit the system better... devs do it all the time.
>>
>>29086656
Technically, it still doesn't have to do with programming

Would also like to point out that could you imagine the shit storm if Gen 7 battles used lower poly models than Gen 6?
>>
>>29084352
About fucking time!
>Using the 3D in your 3DS
>>
>>29084396
While I agree, especially since I hear just having it as an option takes up processing power, I don't like how I'll have to deal with the bitching from my friends despite the fact they never used 3D anyways.
>>
I could never find the "sweet spot" in 3D so I never used it because I hate when it isn't centered. Plus I only either have 3D off or completely on (the slider all the way up), so.
>>
Good, hopefully means they focused on making the normal framerate good
>>
3D Pokémon games were over since the first trailer of Pokémon XY whicj they said would be battle only. tho this a good thing, 3D was useless on Gen VI
>>
>>29084352
3D sucks though.
>>
>>29084352
A huge number of people who play modern Pokemon bought a 2DS when X&Y came out. Why should Game Freak even bother?
>>
>>29084352
https://youtube.com/watch?v=V1D1l3j3lJI
>>
>>29084352
>literally no one uses or cares about this gimmicky shit
>someone on /vp/ still manages to whine about it being gone
>>
>>29088185
I literally bought mine to play SM.
>>
File: 1465841444513.jpg (53KB, 519x406px) Image search: [Google]
1465841444513.jpg
53KB, 519x406px
>>29088018
>bitching from my friends despite the fact they never used 3D anyways.

Why should they bitch about a game that never had the gimmick implanted into it?

Just call them pants-on-head retarded and carry on.
>>
Good. I used 3D maybe once since the release of XY.

The only two games I have ever used 3D with and kept on were Mighty Switch Force and A Link Between Worlds.
>>
>>29086349
>>29086576
Hi OP. Stop samefagging and find something else to do. Nobody is going to validate your retarded post.
>>
>>29084352
3D was a waste of time for any game not named kid icarus uprising and maybe 3d land imo.
>>
>anybody implying more visual information is a bad thing
just admit your eyes are broken and can't use the 3d
>>
>>29084352
I actually use 3D, I am mad.
>>
>>29088426
I hear the 3D is a lot better on the N3DS. If I had one of those, I might be more upset. As it stands, using 3D on the O3DS gets to be a headache after a while unless you stay very still.
>>
>>29088322
I don't care about 3D but you're validating GF's incompetence here but pretending only one person can disagree with you
>>
File: 1476080083538.gif (101KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476080083538.gif
101KB, 600x800px
>>29084352
Who in the intergalactic fuck uses 3D for anything other than the 4-5 seconds you turn it on for no reason just to go "Oh so that's what it looks like" and turn it back off.
>>
>>29088612
>incompetence
A choice is not incompetence. Incompetence is failure to execute on a decision, not a decision to not include something.

Incompetence:
>Talonflame's wing feathers clip through its body during its animation.

Not incompetence:
>Game Freak decides not to incorporate 3D functionality for some unknown reason.

Given that they've previously demonstrated the ability to use 3D in X and Y, they are sufficiently competent to do so. They're just choosing to allocate their resources differently.
>>
>>29088657
Why the fuck would you post that image

What the hell is wrong with you
>>
>>29088657
>>29088699
I'm missing something, aren't I?
>>
>>29088699
It's October
The month of spooky scaries
Don't tell me you're afraid at a one frame gif
>>
>>29088733
this
>>
>tackle nerfed
>fire/fighting meme still alive
>no 3d
>still comatose dificulty
>no triple or rotatory battles
This gen will be fucking shit
>>
>>29088693
Ooooohhh!

Educate that retard.
>>
>>29084424
only for specific games where it helps or actually looks good like Kid Icarus Uprising.

Otherwise nah.
>>
>>29088693
They failed in executing a central feature of the console, that many more games have successfully managed to pull off.

They didn't successfully pull off 3D, as one of the few 3DS games to suffer noticeable frame rate drops when its on, despite being a turn based RPG, and only having it in very limited capacity, AND inconsistently (some caves have it, sum don't for whatever reason)

Again, I couldn't care less about using 3D in Pokemon, but going "oh its fine because I don't like it" is pretty damn stupid
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.